Au Cinquième Péché
Montreal, QC H2J2K8Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Au Cinquième Péché
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aucinquiemepeche.com/
- Phone: (514) 286-0123
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30 PM - 11:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Benoit Lenglet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can serve groups of up to 40 people. Special menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Benjamin Lenglet 5142860123
A word from Au Cinquième Péché
Winner of the best dish of the year 2011 (La Gazette) and best French restaurant in 2011 (Mirror), Le Cinquième Péché is a long time foodies favorite. Our Chef Benoit Lenglet serves unique dishes that are comforting and masterly executed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Au Cinquième Péché - Best Restaurants in Plateau Mont-Royal ›
Au Cinquième Péché reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)romantic (38)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (22)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2014My husband & I went to dine at %ieme Peche for the 1st time for our Wedding Anniversary and it was a wonderful dining experience. The veloute mushroom soup was simply divine, and chocolate dessert decadent. Our waiter provided top notch service with a friendly smile. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningKFranceDined on 11/9/2014I booked this restaurant after having found it searching for French cuisine participating in MTL a Table. It's a great find for me because it's right in my neighbourhood! I took my mother who was visiting from Ontario, and we had the Mtl a Table menu, taking one of everything offered. It was exceptional food. I especially loved the mackerel with squid ink brioche. It was smoky and divine. The cocktails were great too. We had a vodka based cocktail with Lemoncello and soda and mint. Ambiance was dim and the lighting was flattering. I had a really fun time. It's not in my budget for all the time, but for a special little occasion, it was perfect. Thanks.Special Features:
- Belle découverteMarilouDined on 11/9/2014Super restaurant, bouffe excellente avec de belles présentations. Bon service, un peu chaotique en début de soirée, mais c'est compréhensible comme c'était occupé (dernière soirée de Mtl à table). Dessert (rocher choco-foie gras) très original. Un peu trop bruyant comme ambiance par contre. Je l'ai recommandé à amis et collègues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tangoliataDined on 11/3/2014notre deuxième visite;toujours aussi fantastique,arrive très tôt;6;30 donc service très rapide par contre au dessert service plus lent car des 7;30 le resto était plein...nous y retournerons c est certain!!Special Features:
- MaxRiopelDined on 10/31/2014Créations culinaires incroyables!! Service impécable et carte des vins excellente!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It used to be better...Habitue2Dined on 10/29/2014It used to be my favorite bistro for years. The old days on Mont Royal were the best but it was still serving good and creative food after moving to its new location on st denis few years ago. My last visit left me with some disappointment; the chef does not seem to be creative anymore and it's a pity for a bistro where you expect culinary novelty. I used to love his desert creations but my last visit I was really not impressed with Ok deserts (an average Paris - Brest and a carrot cake on the menu for 9$ each..). Anyhow I still think that the chef is capable of delivering much better creations.more varieties are needed on the menu. Can probably give him one more chance before final deciding not to come back (a decision some of friends tookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original menuMcomeauDined on 10/25/2014Seal poutine, calf brains among other choices. We chose more traditional fare and it was all very good. Attentive service and with very friendly staff. Wine list is exclusively French selections which is somewhat of a disappointment but overall of good evening was had by all of our party.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant. it was intimate, yet friendly. The noise level was moderates so we could have a conversation without shouting. The oyster appetizer is a must- tender pieces of oyster with mesclun and white bean purée. a generous delicious portion. I had the best sweetbreads I've ever had- tender, crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. my husband opted for the equally delicious beef dish. Both were presented and prepared with delicate flavours. Service was efficient and friendly. Did not have dessert. Will leave room next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très satisfaisant !MirpilDined on 10/11/2014ce resto offre une ambiance chaleureuse, un service attentif et soigné (pas du tout guindé), un choix distinctif de vins au verre à prix très raisonnables et des plats équilibrés et raffinés. J'aurais toutefois apprécié un accompagnement de légumes plus varié et différent d'un plat à l'autre. Mais dans l'ensemble, mon invité et moi avons absolument aimé notre expérience de souper au 5e Péché.Special Features:
- A great discoveryfoodie4lifeDined on 10/11/2014Having grown up in Montreal, I was surprised that I had never heard of this restaurant because it is DELICIOUS. Seriously, top notch, one of the best finds in the city. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable and the ambiance was perfect - can't recommend this place enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014The best octopus I've ever eaten, although it made me angry about all other octopus I'd eaten previously. Great food overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked awayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/9/2014In a fun, young neighborhood with fun, young staff and other clients. Quite refreshing for us older folks! Interesting take on old classics (seal meat and sweet potatoes for the poutine). Would definitely return.Special Features:
- amazingfoodaxDined on 10/8/2014The food was fabulous (the best sweetbread I have ever had). Excellent service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014It's not every restaurant that offers pan seared seal. Highly imaginative cooking in an unpretentious atmosphere. Tres bien.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usual !!!!LaBelleBretonneDined on 9/23/2014We went for dinner for my son's 25th birthday and as usual it was awesome. I had the special, duck yummmmmm, my daughter had beef and my son had sweetbread. The staff were wonderful and brought my son a dessert with a sparkler. If you've never been try the Poutine with seal meat - it is divine !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Égal à lui-même !5foisparsaisonDined on 9/20/2014Au Cinquième Péché est exceptionnel ! La nourriture est exquise et recherchée, le service est impeccable. Le choix des vins est judicieux et les conseils de notre serveur étaient parfaits. Il n'y avait pas de plats végétariens sur la carte et malgré cela ils nous ont fait des gnocchis aux légumes sans problèmes. Nous y retournerons c'est certain.Special Features:
- OUR SECOND TIMERICHARDVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were there on a Saturday night. The place was busy but the service outstanding. The waiter (one of the owner took time to refill the wine and talk with us. The food was excellent. The wine selection very good. Next time in Montreal we will returnSpecial Features:
- Un vrai délice - Delicious mealsDavidJDined on 9/12/2014La nourriture, l'ambiance et le service sont formidable. Je le reccomande fortement à ceux qui désirent faire une sortie romantique ou pour profiter d'une expérience culinaire hors de l'ordinaire. The food, the ambiance and the service were impeccable. I strongly recommends this place those who want a romantic diner. Great food. Out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Une belle évasionYvonDined on 9/12/2014Que se soit pour des anniversaires, pour des évènements ou simplement pour une rencontre entre amis, c'est le restaurant rêvé. Des plats parfaits, des découvertes, et un accord mets- vins parfaits. Inoubliables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French signature cuisineSanFerminDined on 9/6/2014Small cozy french restaurant in rue St Denis Street with rue Mt Royal, in the very heart of Plateau. Very acceptable wine list and short food menu, which normally is a very good signal. Reinterpretation of some French dishes with the chef's personnel touch. Diligent and solicitous service, very good explanations of the different dishes and out-of-menu options. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ashynfreddieDined on 9/6/2014Their fish is always so good! We also really enjoyed our cheese mousse (appetizer). The prosciutto chips go so well with it! Service was very attentive too. It's my 2nd time dining here and I'll definitely be back again for more.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014We ordered five dishes. Five sins. Cinque peches. Mmm... Foie gras with duck, roasted duck leg, steak, sweetbreads, octopus ... Divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!2foodiesDined on 8/21/2014Great food and wonderful service, made it a night to remember. Our waiter assisted us in sequencing a series of dishes to share and paired wine (which you can order by the half glass) to go with each of the 6 courses that we ate. It was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOttawaDinDinerDined on 8/20/2014Incredible experience. Menu was brilliant, vibrant and relevant! Service was impeccable! Wines were refreshingly private and organic. Love, love, love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French cuisineRamsisnutellaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Benjamin knows how to run his place and is involved with everyone. He takes the time to explain the portions and details of the dishes, and he is an excellent sommelier! Follow his recommendations for the wine and food and you won't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceEmmaDined on 8/14/2014Excellent service, les serveurs sont très sympathiques et efficaces. Bonne bouffe, les merguez de phoques sont excellentes, bon choix de vins a bon prix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and classic FrenchAdrianDined on 8/9/2014This neighborhood restaurant has an inventive chef who is clearly very accomplished in classic French technique. We had a terrine of duck confit and foie gras, seal saucisson, a melon soup with lobster salad, and a "poutine" that was assembled using sweet potato-zucchini gnocchi and seal merguez. The wine list is not huge, but has plenty of unexpected, nice bottles. Notable is also that the wines by the glass are excellent and not trite. For instance, rather than having bland Bordeaux/Chablis, they had Cotes de Marmandais/Duras for very reasonable per-glass prices. The service was prompt, friendly and expert. Although charging bistro prices, they had nice high-end touches, like letting you taste the wine by the glass before the pour.Special Features:
- lovely, friendly, perfectlytpDined on 8/5/2014Came here on our last night in Montreal, visiting from San Francisco. We loved our incredibly attentive and friendly server, loved our food, loved the atmosphere and the location was very convenient. The french farmhouse/brick basement aesthetic lent itself to cozy special dining, and their house beer is excellent. Would come back anytime-- wish I were local and could easily do so!Special Features:
- ExcellentsixpawsDined on 7/29/2014Had the tasting menu and absolutely loved it. Excellent service as well. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceSlowFineDiningDined on 7/29/2014One of the most enjoyable meals ever. The service was phenomenal as the server gave very special attention to every patron and appeared to genuinely enjoy his work. He (and the chef) allowed/provided us a wonderful 4 hour dining experience--just the way I like it! The atmosphere was very relaxed and calming--nice background music. The selection of wines by the glass were as delicious as they were unique. The food was out of this world. Finally, for the amazing quality of the food and experience, the price was a bargain. I recommend sharing a series of the small plates with another for a 5 or 6 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and delicious food!foodiegoodieDined on 7/26/2014I had a great time at Au Cinquieme Peche! My husband and I ordered the tasting menu with wine paring. Every course was delicious and the wine was spatacular! The only thing was the food was served a bit slow. We started dinner at 6:30 and we managed to finish the tasting menu a bit after 10pm. Other than that, I highly recommend this resturant!Special Features:
- The following 163 reviews are from the Au Cinquième Péché reviews archive.
- Traditional Creative FrenchbavaroDined on 7/9/2014We had veal tongue and duck confit. The tongue fell apart und was delicious, the same for the duck. Creative vegetables as a side made this a rather light diner. and A lot of wines unknown to me on the wine list. After a glas of rosé I stayed with tap water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptional foodAmenophisDined on 7/8/2014The pure foodie place. The menu changes on a daily basis, with new creations all the time. The guys will take the time to explain all the details behind each plate before you make a "tough" choice, for both the starters and the entrees. Proposing a glass of wine for each of those plates if you want to make perfect matches. And they even propose you half glasses if you just want a few sips for each ! Really relax ambiance. Loved it.Special Features:
- Very, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014It's my new favorite restaurant. Excellent food, excellent service , excellent wine etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquis!CarolineDined on 7/3/2014Moi et ma copine allons pour nos anniversaires à ce resto depuis plusieurs années...toujours une expérience des plus exquises..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still outstandingkeithmVIPDined on 7/3/2014We visited July 3. The place was still as great as before. You order off a "black board" as the menu changes frequently. we started with the White Gaspacho, which was so refreshing on a warm night.Richard had the Veal Tongue. Very nice, but I'm not a real veal fan. From there I had the Artic Char, which was done just right. Richard had the "Rolled Guinea Fowel". They debone it & roll the meat together so you get a nice mix of flavors. Really nice. For dessrt we did the Panna Cotta & Pistachio biscuit. Very nice ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIAM!RitzDined on 6/28/2014Awesome food, awesome service! We had a great time celebrating a good friend's birthday! Seafood was divine (fish, squid, etc.)Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant. Great dinnerGillesDined on 6/26/2014The best ''Ris de veau '' in Montreal. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simplement les meilleursAudreyDined on 6/13/2014J'y vais dès que j'ai l'occasion. Le service et la cuisine sont exceptionnels. Un petit trésor à découvrir sans attendre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual bistro with decent foodtravellerDined on 6/7/2014Warm, very casual environment with some male diners in shorts. The food was technically accomplished but overcomplicated with unnecessary ingredients e.g. the lobster gazpacho would have been better without its multiple chunks of asparagus but could have used more lobster. Inexpensive but uninspiring wine list. We'd go back but only if we lived in the neighborhood.Special Features: