1115 East Evans Avenue
Denver, CO 80210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://atticusdenver.com/
- Phone: 7204598273x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch Daily 8am-3pm
Cocktail Hour | Happy Hour 3pm-6pm & 9pm-Close Mon-Sat.
Dinner 5pm until Close Mon-Sat.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Diego Coconati
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Atticus
Atticus, is a welcoming neighborhood spot. Our restaurant and bar is focused on warm hospitality and comfort. Serving up a community-inspired breakfast, lunch, cocktails and dinner. Our inventive American menu is designed around Colorado’s small producers, and complimented by a thoughtfully curated wine list and craft cocktails made with spirits from local independent distillers. At Atticus, we believe everyone has a story that can offer new perspective, and when people join for food and drink, companionship is at its best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Atticus - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Atticus reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (41)great for brunch (22)romantic (16)notable wine list (15)special occasion (13)great for lunch (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)Show More
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014A great find! Nice atmosphere, amazing service! The food was excellent and well presented. Our server was friendly and engaged and knowledgeable about the menu and made great recommendations. I will be back!Special Features:
- Stumble and RecoveryjohnnypetrosDined on 8/18/2014First time at this place. I was very impressed with the menu...varied and novel. The vibe is great! Our server was very friendly and prompt, but must have been distracted because he forgot to put in our entree order and then forgot to finish the plating with the wonton chips. Needless to say we were becoming disappointed, however the manager stepped up and personally finished our service and comped us some stuff! I admire this willingness to own up to the missteps and go beyond the call of duty to make the customer happy. We made no overtures to be "made happy" and were very grateful for the effort! I will DEFINITELY eat here again!!!Special Features:
- Finally!ObsParkFoodieDined on 8/18/2014... a DU / Observatory Park area restaurant that serves excellent food, without pretense, in a fun casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- OriginalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Atticus came recommended from a neighbor. Delightful restaurant with original menu and casual service that made for an intimate dining experience. Will be back for the the Tuna Tarter.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant near DUMarcVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is the sort of restaurant that, if you're a college student at DU and your parents are visiting, that you would want to bring them to. Closely located to campus and much better than average college fare, this would do well as almost any neighborhood restaurant. The service is particularly excellent, and the food a nice variety of meats, fish, and cheeses that complement each other well and are interesting; the presentation is nice and the desserts are excellent.Special Features:
- Great addition to the neighborhoodRinDenverVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our second visit to Atticus for brunch and it was delicious both times. Great coffee and an excellent meal. The chilaquiles was the best I've had! We'll definitely be back! I am anxious to check out the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood hangoutDenverDinerDined on 7/12/2014Have been to Atticus 3 times now. Love the transformation of this former bar. Décor is warm and fun with a funky blend of woods and metals. Knowledgeable server. Most recent, our group of 4 really liked our food (1 scallop, 2 fishmongers choice and one butchers choice - love that concept) and the lovely presentation. The fish on the fishmonger platter was a bit dry, but the scallop divine. Very good and diverse wine selection. A few weeks ago, we stopped in without a reservation and the place was super crowded and they had run out of food. Had a lovely salad for lunch on the third occasion. There is a demand for a good neighborhood restaurant in the DU area. We know the kinks will be worked out! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable neighborhood spotDaderickDined on 7/11/2014We had an early dinner at Atticus with our two kids. The service was very good and the food was unique and very tasty. It felt like they were really working on the service side. The chef came out to discuss our meal in addition to a pass or two from the manager. The menu had a couple of nice vegetation options. The kids mostly stuck to the meat and cheese appetizer plates and enjoyed their meal. I would give it 5 stars but I save those for the best of the best.Special Features:
- old neighborhood-new entryjudeDined on 7/9/2014This charming little place was a surprise, both because it "sneaked" into the area (replacing a well known pizza and beer place) and also because the food choices were up to date and quite delicious. The pea flan was outstanding and my companion loved the special gazpacho. An unusual menu option is a meat or fish combination - a kind of tapas plate. I had the fish and it was terrific. The wine list was deep and contained good choices. We were too full for dessert, but will return again. There is obviously a chef in charge - and a very good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CycloneusaDined on 7/6/2014I'm hesitant to rave about this place. Not because they offer anything but great food and superior service, but selfishly I'm afraid the secret will be out and I'll never be able to easily get a table again. Went for Sunday brunch because it is close to Restoration Community Church and we wanted to try something new. We were greated by a familiar face - Justin- from Cafe Bar. Simply put, he rocks. Love his warm personality and constant attention to customer service. He has a real passion for creating an inviting atmosphere. They have interesting, but approachable food served in a modern-meets-industrial environment. The restroom is ajancent to a separate bar with tons of TVs. Looking forward to going back to watch a game sometime!Special Features:
- FancyDined on 6/29/2014Very mediocre and waiter unfriendly and arrogant. Hard looked forward to a great brunch experience but it didn't happen.
- Great food, great serviceAimeeDined on 6/28/2014We decided to go to Atticus on a recommendation from a friend - we are so glad we did! Three of us shared the tuna tartare, the roasted beer salad, the PEI mussels, the butchers plate, the house salad, and the chocolate cake. Everything was amazing. The cocktails were also to die for. The service was also good - attentive but not hovering. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood HautOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed the hand crafted cocktails. The ambiance was fun, the design interesting and artisan. Our favorite plate was the Octopus Carpacchio. Stunning composition, wonderful richness of the octopus balanced with an slightly acidic dressing. Flavors were fresh, seasonal. Ingredients are curated and championed. Thanks to Justin and team for a wonderful evening out.Special Features:
- Atticus ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. Both my friend and I enjoyed the food and found the menu interesting, however the noise level seemed to be high (especially for a Monday night) so it would be nice if that could be worked on in some way.Special Features:
- Very Attentive and then NothingMaxGDined on 6/21/2014In the first five minutes we had three different people people come up and offer their service. Then after we fingured out who actually was our waiter. He was a bit slower coming around. We had to ask twice for our drinks. Then after our food arrived, one of our orders was wrong. The bar back/bartender seemed avoyed that an order was wrong, I'm sorry my wife ordered the sea food dish and you brought us the lamb. The non special dishes were portioned right, however the two special plates the butcher's choice and the seafood special were on the small, leaving my wife and mother in law wanting more. The food was tasty but we went else where for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not specialexpectedmoreDined on 6/20/2014Food was average, nothing especially tasty but a couple of things that weren't particularly good. Watercress salad comes to mind. Waitstaff crew was not very helpful in describing or recommending wines. Left expecting much more. Probably would not come back.Special Features:
- Friendly ownersPhyliciadawnDined on 6/15/2014I enjoined my time there, food was great! I got the breakfast burrito, best I've ever had! The coffee was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to the neighborhoodcinzersVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a very nice dinner with great wine! The service was great and the staff super friendly. They had an entire list of Rose wines for summer which was great. The food was good but not outstanding. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Excellent surprise!luvgreatfoodandMakersMarkDined on 6/6/2014I've read a couple of mixed reviews on Atticus so we were pleasantly surprised how excellent our entire evening was. We've been visiting Denver for about 10 days and have been to several very good restaurants, some costing quite a bit more than our dinner here. My wife ordered the tomato quespacho for an apetizer, I had the ahi tuna and then we shared the flat iron steak. All were excellent. I also had a Maker's Mark Old Fashion (2 of them) which was also very true to the original. We're from Kentucky so we know bourbon. It was made a little different than the average bar but if you're a bourbon fan I recommend it. Wine recommendation was great too. Atticus will definitely be on our list of dining place on our next trip to Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!headlettucedebDined on 6/5/2014Had lunch with a friend. We both had the steak sandwich - super delicious! The steak was tender, the Ciabatta roll crispy, and then of course, there was blue cheese and onions involved, so how could we go wrong? :) Nice little salad came with it that had strawberries, goat cheese, and pecans. Overall, a really delicious lunch for only $12!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating!ALaVDined on 6/2/2014Manager Justin was fantastic! I wanted to surprise my boyfriend to celebrate him getting his masters degree from DU. Justin allowed me to come early and helped me set up the whole table and choose which table I wanted. They were so nice and made it an awesome experience! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting better and better!AmyFMVIPDined on 5/31/2014A follow up review from our list visit.....I believe the staff took my last review to heart! As mentioned in my last review, I felt the staff needed to sharpen their skills and be better aquainted with the menu as I believe this restaurant is suited for foodies! Foodies like GOOD food and GOOD descriptions of what they are going to be served.... along with a waitstaff that is on their toes! Much better this time around and I hope this is the beginning of consistently great service and food. Still some timing issues, but getting better. Beet salad was delicious!Special Features:
- DU GraduationLisafoodloverDined on 5/29/2014The food was very good. Jason the manager was so nice and very attentive. My only problem was that it took too long to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found this place!GregDined on 5/28/2014The location is not that great but the food and service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014Food is great. Noise level is beyond acceptable and the service was horrible. No menus until we flagged down a waiter, same for a drink order, salad and hot main course came out at the same time but barely could fit on the table. The food will keep this restaurant going if they get their act together for the dinner hours.Special Features:
- Thanks to the ManagerLadyDinerDined on 5/22/2014We arrives sans reservation at about 7:15 on a Thursday night. The restaurant was fairly full, but they found us a table. Our waiter was pleasant enough, but seemed overwhelmed. It took 30 minutes to get simple snacks (nuts and olives), and an HOUR to get our entrees. Here is why we'll be back: when I told the manager what had happened, he sincerely apologized, took one entree and dessert off of our bill, AND gave us a $25 gift card for our next visit. We were impressed with the response to feedback and how they went above and beyond to compensate for poor service. Going to try brunch next time. The dinner food was tasty - atmosphere is rustic with a charming neighborhood feel. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!SnicksDined on 5/11/2014I've been to Atticus three times now. The food has always been interesting and of high quality. The prices are very reasonable for what you get. The Butcher's Choice, which offers three types of meat with sides, is great for those who can't settle on one thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow BrunchMothersDayBrunchDined on 5/11/2014I love the ambiance in this restaurant. The menu is great, and the food was very good, once we were finally served. Our server was slow on the uptake and the food was slower to our table...I would definitely dine at Atticus again, hoping to have a different experience.Special Features:
- Big HeartTrishWS13VIPDined on 5/11/2014If having a big heart counts for anything, Atticus has that. They welcome you graciously, no request is too small or annoying, and someone with a passion for food created their menu. In fact, the food was good & we will go back. But little problems added up. First, they did not have the ingredients to make one of the menu items we wanted to order & it was not because they ran out since we were the first people to order food that morning. Second, our server, as nice & polished as could be, needed reminders to bring things like sugar or cream to the table. And third, the food arrived just warm enough to eat, but not hot, so cooled down quickly. Once they've ironed the wrinkles, Atticus will be a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ScallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014It was a busy Saturday, pretty noisy, and they seemed understaffed, but the food was really great and it's a nice neighborhood spot. Our server was genuinely nice but I think she was spread thin so we ended up waiting longer than we probably should have to order, for the second round, and to get the bill. I know it's fairly new so hope they work out the kinks. The octopus carpaccio, diver scallops, and lamb were all outstanding. Great dinner!Special Features:
- Still DecidingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Our second visit was not as enjoyable as our first. The menu has been pared down both in selection and the quantity of food on the plate. The service, although friendly and accommodating, was a bit slow as was the delivery of our appetizer (a meat tray). I enjoy the artsy twist on the food, but just wish things moved a little bit more quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atticus...Secret gem, not for longAmyFMVIPDined on 5/9/2014Love Atticus..secret neighborhood gem, not for long, though: ). So nice to have a restaurant from the proprietors of Table 6, right here in the DU area. Very relaxing little spot with delicious food and great ambience. Been here several times now with everything being consistent including the wait staff....which is my one wish for Atticus. Staff friendly, but not well versed in knowing the menu and come up off very casual. Would love to see them step it up a little bit, shine a little bit more professionalism. Know your menu, know your wines....a lot of foodies in the house. With that, I think this gem will be here to stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Date NightNomNom247Dined on 5/3/2014My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with Atticus. The food was wonderful with large portions and a great value. The service was upscale and attentive, very knowledgeable about the seasonally changing menu. Great cocktails and cafe selections. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Atticus reviews archive.
- Just OKJoooDined on 4/30/2014Not sure this restaurant will last. The space is too small and casual for the food and prices. They were out of two things I really wanted and the substitutes were not as good. Just OK
- Not enoughmugzimom60Dined on 4/29/2014Delicious food, very small portions. Went home hungry.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014We've eaten here twice - delicious both times. A really nice addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- No Service Standard!DanoDined on 4/20/2014Loud! Cannot carry on a convrersation due to all the noise. Service is non existant. I ordered. tea with sweeteners, and was given a container with 2 sweet and low, 2 equal, 1 sugar and 2 raw sugars. All were rock solid due to the obvious spill in the container. My entree (breakfast classic) was served with no toast, I had to flag down someone to bring that out. When it arrived, there was 1 slice! First restaurant I've EVER been to that doesn't serve 2 slices. Never had drink refills offered, had to ask for everything including the check after my card was placed on the table for about 10 minutes. Won't go there again, and would not recommend it.
- Wonderful Easter Brunch!CynWellDined on 4/20/2014Tried Atticus for the first time for Easter Brunch. They created a special Easter Brunch menu which was filled with so many wonderful dishes it was hard to decide! My friend and I loved how friendly they all were and how quick and attentive the service was. The food was delicious (I had the smoked salmon salad, which was mouthwatering). My friend had the Easter Ham with delicious and colorful veggies. We enjoyed our meal so much we even asked to see the dinner menu because we both thought we'd love to come back for that. All in all a great experience and we will be back!Special Features:
- A new favorite!CAL8Dined on 4/19/2014Unique flavors, unique ambience, delightful wait staff. A must-try.Special Features:
- luv2dineluv2dineDined on 4/17/2014We had been to this spot twice for nice meals. We had heard from friends that there had been a change in staff, but we were willing to give it a try. We made a reservation and were seated immediately upon checking in. Unfortunately, that was the best part of the experience. We ordered a bottle of wine shortly after being seated and waited over 30 minutes for it to arrive. Our server seemed overwhelmed and confused the entire evening. We ordered entrees - I had the mussels and J had the special. Neither were memorable. There were at least a dozen unopened mussels in my dish. After our server cleared our dishes he came back to take our entree order ... really?! Hopefully it was just a bad night, but we are in no hurry to return.