205 E. 45th Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thealexhotel.com/dining.shtml
- Phone: 2128674200
- Hours of Operation:
Express Breakfast (only for in-room dining): 6:00am - 7:00am
Breakfast: 7:00 - 11:00am
All Day Menu: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Franke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Atrium offers many options for Private Events. From business meetings to festive gatherings. You can join us in the main dining room or take advantage of our Private Dining Room.
A word from Atrium
@ WYNDHAM MIDTOWN 45Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Atrium reviews from OpenTable diners
- Beyond blaseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2013In spite of being the only customers in the place for breakfast, we were largely ignored for most of our time there and received our drinks at the end of the meal. Hardly worth the $15 Bloody Mary tab given venue and service. Not worth a return trip.
- New favorite find...GlamourgirlVIPDined on 4/22/2013The atmosphere was nice modern sleek and the restaurant was quiet as it was a Monday night. We had great service and the food was amazing. Not a large menu, but a great selection and everything served was fresh and delicious. I will definately be back!Special Features:
- Solid spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/24/2013Amazing food in a completely deserted restaurant. I'm not sure why this place was dead empty but the food and drinks were great. Was definitely and blatantly understaffed
- Nice place for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013Nice place for a business lunch if you need a quite place near 3rd Avenue in the 40s. The asian chicken salad was good and the service on point. It was quiet enough to have a conversation, but not dead.Special Features:
- Boring hotel bar. NothingRJ05VIPDined on 12/22/2012Boring hotel bar. Nothing horribly wrong, but you can do better.
- Good 14$ salads for lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2012Good 14$ salads for lunch, but slow unattentive service was topped off with 7$ very average cappucino's? For real? It makes you leave feeling ripped off. Coffee that is 50% of the price of you meals is strange, and not because the salads are so cheap....
- This place seems to have takenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2012This place seems to have taken a step back since i went there for the first time two years ago. Coffee seems to be mispriced; btw $7 for a coffee that is not even fresh is too much. Too bad
- I dined at Riingo during SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012I dined at Riingo during Sunday brunch. We chose to sit in a nice sunny area by the bar, but might have been better off sitting in the dining room service-wise. They may have been understaffed as our one waiter was friendly enough but seemed to be absent most of the time. It took a while for us to receive water and then a while longer for us to receive our beverages. The room also ended up being very cold. Food took a little while as well, but thankfully, it was good enough to save the entire experience. Eggs Benedict had an excellent, light hollaindaise sauce. My goat cheese and spinach omelet was perfect - exactly what I was looking for. So all in all, food was great, service meant well but like the heat, was ultimately lacking.Special Features:
- I needed to find a spot inOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/17/2012I needed to find a spot in midtown that I meet a friend at for a quiet catch up over a relaxing brunch. Riingo was the perfect spot for that. Ambience was clean and nice. We grabbed a comfortable booth and hung out for quite some time and enjoyed a nice brunch with very pleasant service. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not worth the trip to midtown.OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/1/2012the service was slow and disorganized. the food was fair, the small room has a run down feel, makes you feel like this restaurant is in the process of closing. would not return and wont recommend to any friends.
- The restaurant week menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/1/2012The restaurant week menu was nothing special. The salad was good, the steak ok. We skipped dessert.
- The service overall was poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012The service overall was poor. The restaurant was pretty empty yet it took 20 minutes for us to get a drink after needing to remind the server we ordered one. Also, we sat down for dinner around 8:30 and did not get served our meal until close to 10pm. We even needed to ask the waiter to take our order because he rairly came over to our table. I would not recommend this place to anybody on a time crunch! Food was average, but expected more given the long wait.
- Never been before, but reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2011Never been before, but really outstanding. We will be back. Decor is fantastics. Food was perfect.Special Features:
- the food was very good, butCarolLGGDined on 12/17/2011the food was very good, but no ambiance. Quiet enough to talk though.
- On the fenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011There was a large party near us and they were very loud it made it hard to hear the person I was with. The servive was ok but he seemed distracted. Food was ok, not spectacular. Not sure I would go back but it wasn't a waste of time or money.
- This place was completelyslkbDined on 9/24/2011This place was completely empty on a Friday night, which made for an odd dining experience, but the food was good, the service attentive, and the inside decor tasteful and calming. Our server was more than happy to accommodate several requests, such as dessert as an appetizer, and switching out one side for another with no extra charge.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2011We went to this restaurant to earn 1000 open table points. Overall experience was fairly good. The best part of this restaurant is their interior. It's very modern and stylish. The portion of the food is pretty big, yet each dish is a little pricy. For this price, I would expect that it comes with a complimentary cocktail, like many other restaurants do for brunch. Our server was very friendly and attentive, we were satisfied when we left this restaurant. I would give three and a half stars, which could be more with either somewhat lower prices or a complimentary drink.Special Features:
- the food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2011the food was excellent and the service very attentive -- even for a lunch crowd. Highly recommend it especially in a neighborhood which does not have a dearth of restaurants.
- Disapointing. we were expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Disapointing. we were expecting really good food after reading the Michelin Guides's reviews. They must have changed the Chef because the menu did not include any of the items mentioned by the guide. No raw bar, no sushi. nothing. The food was okay but nothing to write home about. Fairly expensive for the quality of the food and the presentation.
- The reservation was very earlyNYC4HDLDined on 8/23/2011The reservation was very early in the evening, and the dining room was empty, yet service was not very attentive. Menu & food was quite good, and the wine list had a wide range of great selections.Special Features:
- Who knew??OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2011This was my first time in the Big Apple. Who knew that Riingo in Japanese meant Apple. lol Everything was wonderful. I took my daughter to New York for the day to see Lion King and we stayed at the Alex Hotel. Everything was perfect and to have a great dining experience at Riingo made our stay that much better. I will be back and I have told my friends and family of the wonderful food/service/atmosphere of Riingo. I just wished I was able to accumulate some dining points from Open Table. In any event.. "Two thumbs up"Special Features:
- I enjoyed there new menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/1/2011I enjoyed there new menu. The pre-fix lunch menu offered great choices and pricing. The portions were generous and the service was great. Good American fare with great taste.Special Features:
- If you like room service qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011If you like room service quality Hotel food, Riingo is your place. Otherwise, save it for those staying at the Alex hotel and go elsewhere
- Location only thing going for itDCeatingVIPDined on 4/19/2011Service was poor. The restaurant was only 1/3 full, yet we waited a long time before the waiter took our drinks order. He never checked on us after serving the entree. He never came back to see if we wanted wine or another drink with dinner.Food was so-so. The salad looked like it had been grabbed out of a bag and tossed on a plate. No presentation or style. My steak was over-cooked. No rolls were ever served.
- What should have been a 60-75OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2011What should have been a 60-75 minute lunch took 2 hours!!!
- Adjacent to Alex Hotel, aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2011Adjacent to Alex Hotel, a wonderful place to stay, the restaurant was virtually empty on a Sunday evening. That was too much privacy. Food and service all reasonable.
- A GREAT FIND!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2011What a find! I went here for Restaurant Week and I made a great decision. First of all, the portions are BIG! The service was fantastic, and the food was spectacular. I ordered mussels in white wine and garlic as an appetizer and was expecting a small number of them. To my surprise, I probably had a bowl of 25 mussels in front of me! For my entree I ordered Lobster Tagliatelle. Delicious! I would highly recommend this restaurant. I also loved the feel of the restaurant. Very serene and quiet. The decor is beautiful.Special Features:
- blah.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2011Total waste of time and money. The food couldn't have had less flavor! Major disappointment
- If no place else has a table,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/4/2011If no place else has a table, I guess you could go here, but I wouldn't know what to tell you to order because the best thing I ate was the free bread and hummus they bring to your table. I had the mussels for app and they were undercooked and not fully cleaned (sandy with the nasty black knotted thing still intact) which grossed me out. Then I had the salmon for entree which did Not taste good, way too salty and overcooked. It was also a flat piece of salmon when I normally love eating the thicker filet pieces which allow you to taste more of the salmon flavor. Not here though. I ate all the rice and corn that came with it, but could only bear a few bites of the salmon. The arrangement of the dining tables in the back is very odd too
- Tragic in every respect exceptGTownBoyVIPDined on 12/15/2010Tragic in every respect except the host and wait staff who the is the same person, I think?
- The food is consistently veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2010The food is consistently very good, and the restaurant is quiet enough for lunch meetings.Special Features:
- We truly enjoyed our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/14/2010We truly enjoyed our dining experience at Riingo and feel a large portion of our enjoyment was due to the outstanding service we were extended by Ramon.Special Features:
- Food was terrible. Pasta wOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/6/2010Food was terrible. Pasta w oxtail was way too salty. Peas were awful. Tea n coffee was worse than I can get at a deli.
- Although the food was prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2010Although the food was pretty good, the service was slow and inattentive. It never rose above its standing as a decent hotel restaurant.
- It's not Aquavit ...ShellshokdDined on 9/22/2010I don't love the layout of the dining room, and I really miss Aquavit, and this was a disappointment to me because of that.Special Features:
- I was there with a group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2010I was there with a group of 3 friends for Restaurant Week lunch. The food was very good but just a bit noisy with some construction work going on. The service was very good.Special Features:
- The staff gave us the feelingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/19/2010The staff gave us the feeling they had better things to do than serve guests who came during Restaurant Week - disappointing.
- Pleasant surprise to see that1nivoreDined on 8/11/2010Pleasant surprise to see that they offered a RW wine menu. All food from the RW menu was tasty and cooked perfectly. Loved everything from the bread to dessert. The waitress and help were nice, funny, happy, on top of the service and food, but not on top of us. We could talk normally too. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Service fine, but food selectionHappyCamperDined on 8/3/2010Service fine, but food selection for Restaurant Week was DULL. Undistinguished baby spinach salad or leek soup choice of starter with practically tasteless bread was uninspired. Although the soup portion was large it was gloppy and dull....the roquefort-laced salad was just pedestrian. Choice of chicken or salmon entree also mundane. The accompanying carrot and unidentifiable vegetable purees were weakly spiced and luke-warm. Salmon WAS well-cooked, but unimaginitively spiced as well. Generous portions of ice cream &/or sorbet were acceptable, but the quaity/tastes were just average. We choose restaurants to go to during Restaurant Week hoping to find some unique dishes/tastes/chefs with imagination & vision. DID NOT FIND ANY HERE.
- Wouldn't call it "vibrant,"OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2010Wouldn't call it "vibrant," but the bar area was a great place to kick back and have a drink on a Friday evening. Food was outstanding--what we've come to expect from Samuelson.Special Features: