15 Main Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
DUMBO / Vinegar Hill
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.atriumdumbo.com/
- Phone: 7188581095x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday 5:30-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:00-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Laurent Kalkotour
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all event inquiries.
- Cross Street: Water St
- Public Transit: The York St. stop on the F line and the High St. Stop on the A or C trains. We are also accessible by way of the East River Ferry. We are also surrounded by many CitiBike stations.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: DUMBO PARKING INC.
45 Main Street, between Front & Water Streets (718) 625-6414
55 Washington Street ; enter on Adams Street, btwn Front & Water Streets
21 Front Street, btwn Dock & Main Streets (718) 330-0144
A word from Atrium Dumbo
Atrium Dumbo's menu is fresh and market-driven, with inspiration from the chef's upbringing in the South of France. We also offer a great selection of wine, craft beer, and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atrium Dumbo - Best Restaurants in DUMBO / Vinegar Hill ›
Atrium Dumbo reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (37)great for brunch (20)romantic (20)good for groups (13)special occasion (13)notable wine list (13)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- lunchcriticDined on 10/8/2014Lunch menu was a bit limited, but very nice place. Looking forward to trying dinner sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGoNinersDined on 9/28/2014This was our first time here. We were very underwhelmed. Painfully slow service, a surprisingly limited menu, average (at best) food (with my steak overcooked) and loud. The bill was surprisingly high. With all the waiting for service and food and our table being in a cellphone dead zone, wifi would have been nice. Nope. They really have some things to work through here.
- Thought it would be betterOH1989Dined on 9/28/2014Menu was different and shorter than online. The bread, potatoes and salad were very good but the main dish (chicken) was dry, and something I could have made myself. Nice ambiance, great location, but wouldn't go back. Plates were very small.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was the best that we've had in a long time. The chicken pot pie was delicious!Special Features:
- nice ambiance and good foodbrooklyndinerDined on 9/5/2014I went to Atrium recently on a Friday night. Was excited to get a 9pm reservation with 20 min notice. The ambiance inside was very nice with high ceilings and plants on the walls; we loved it. The food and wine were also delicious. Two comments: food portions were not that big, and it was somewhat challenging to find a bottle of wine for less than $50. But I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner SpotLMCTDined on 8/30/2014I was going to a show across the street at Galapagos Art Space. The staff were all very friendly and made me feel right at home.We had the chicken for two; it was delicious. The pot pie was so creamy and silky and the puff pastry crust was perfect. The dill creme fraiche was a a nice touch too. I would totally comebck.Special Features:
- BrianFantanaDined on 8/22/2014Service was friendly but slow, and the restaurant was not busy. The food was very good, good portions and well prepared. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal and drinks. Overall a good find, would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Very attentive service, excellent food and very moderate noise level.Special Features:
- Dad and daughtersBrooklyngemDined on 8/20/2014I brought my two teenage daughters to Brooklyn with me while on a work trip. Dinner at the Atrium was the unexpected highlight of our trip. Friendly, chic, and great food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly so, so. One more chance?Gl4eatoutDined on 8/18/2014We were curious about this new place from the Colonie people. The food was tasty and well prepared and presented. We did not like the service for brunch: there was only one hostess/server, she was polite but somewhat snobbish. Very slow for the drinks at the beginning and kept being slow. The only person on top of the service was the excellent bus boy. The ambiance is pleasant but the seating map is quite odd. We might try it again for a second chance and to see if they have resolved their issues.Special Features:
- DeenDined on 8/16/2014I had a great Time at Atrium! I strongly recomme it. Great food, really nice environment and a wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $3 Breadlunala123VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was really good.. the service was really average.. We ordered their 2 pieces of bread that costs $3 on the menu which took forever to be served and then practically came together with the main entrees. After which, the server proceeded to say that we got lucky because we got the last bread serving of the Should we really feel so blessed? I mean, we did wait patiently and paid for it .. next time perhaps make a larger batch..Special Features:
- Fun spot, great foodLovegrubVIPDined on 8/4/2014This place was solid. I will likely return. Their seafood menu options attracted me and their delivery was impeccable. The service was great...they were great help in finding wine pairings for our courses. Personal recommendations: the Fluke and the french style doughnuts (with a cappuccino) . I slept like a baby after that meal :)Special Features:
- Good food & ambience, will be backCabramsVIPDined on 8/4/2014I just moved to Brooklyn from Manhattan and decided to try Atrium. The starters we got were good/standard (cheese plate, charred romaine, & beef tartare - did not like the egg yolk & mayo sauce, the menu just said egg yolk). The seasonal pasta (clams & a white wine/chili sauce) was excellent, definitely the best part of the meal. Minor complaints: Prices were a little high for small portions (but comparable to Manhattan restaurants), they ran out of the Rose' after 1 glass (and it was the only 1 they had on the menu). The waitress was very nice/attentive, but the meal took forever. The food/wine was slow to come (restaurant was not full) & the food came out as 3 courses w/ waiting in between despite us ordering mostly small dishes to shareSpecial Features:
- Loved the open kitchenNAR53Dined on 7/29/2014It was quiet when we arrived but of course got louder as the evening went on. Neat place.Special Features:
- ilikeymikeyVIPDined on 7/26/2014I've been here for brunch and dinner a couple of times and it's been consistent: great food, great service, great ambience. I highly recommend it for either a nice, lazy brunch with friends and/or a romantic dinner with your partner. The interiors are beautiful and the staff is friendly. And for some added eye candy, the head chef is gorgeous :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but a pretentious dinerMarieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Had lunch with a co-worker. Many times when passing by I'd smelled hamburger grease and don't know why we went, except that we were curious. The menu is limited, but that's common in DUMBO. I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and my co-worker a hamburger. WE WAITED OVER TWENTY MINUTES FOR OUR FOOD, although there were only two other patrons there when we arrived at 12:15. The waitress was really lovely and gracious, but I couldn't see her anywhere all the time we were sitting there wondering what was the hold up. You'd think with the place smelling like hamburger and french fry grease that they'd be cooking! When the food finally arrived it was only o.k./good. (Sandwich messy, homemade chips not crisp.) Won't go again.
- Solid can be underratedMcPLYNDined on 7/12/2014Excellent, solid food. Has never disappointed and I've been there 4 times in the past 6 months.Special Features:
- Great place!Lowej28Dined on 7/10/2014Had an awesome time at Atrium! The food was great! Started with a charred romaine salad and their house bread and moved on to the Dourade and Pork Chops! The server was very friendly and knowledgeable about both food and drink. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the bestLA123Dined on 7/7/2014Atrium is easily our favorite restaurant in Brooklyn. We have eaten here many times, and every time has been a wonderful experience. The menu is varied and well curated. Everything is perfectly prepared and presented. Try the grilled romaine, the salmon crudo or the charred asparagus; the ravioli is exquisite s are the duck, porkchop, fish of the day....For wine, trust Alex to suggest something for any budget. My only concern is that Atrium will become too popular. But it would not be fair to Alex, Leslie and chef Laurent, not to share our appreciation - they deserve the success that their growing popularity is bringing. We have often invited both out of town and local guests to dine at Atrium and they never fail to return on their own.Special Features:
- Outstanding!AngosturaVIPDined on 7/6/2014We truly loved this restaurant! What a great find, we hope it becomes our go-to often. We were 'wowed' from the moment we sat down. The character and atmosphere of a place were really relaxing and inviting, we could even see the chefs at work in the open kitchen. The service was really attentive, knowledgeable and amiable. The wine list is very approachable and with some really great bottles! The Wine service was very good and with a lot of attention to detail. We really loved how the food and the wines worked really well together. We can't wait to dine at Atrium again.Special Features:
- Delicious and very friendly staffCoupleInLate20sVIPDined on 7/4/2014The roast chicken was delicious and staff were great - not trying to upsell us, very casual, just the right level of service. Not really a view from the downstairs part of the restaurant but still a nice environment. The bar's a bit small to have pre-dinner drinks if you're a big groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraDined on 7/1/2014The duck was very good; skate in mushroom broth was quite nice. Drinks here are delicious and I really enjoyed the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at quiet placeEnjoyEatingOutDined on 6/30/2014Enjoyed a Monday evening meal at Atrium. Arrived near 8:30pm to an almost empty restaurant. First time to Dumbo area. Very neighborhood cute feel. Good view of Manhattan. Ate scallops and smoked duck. Both were fabulous. Service was friendly and engaging. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Atrium Dumbo reviews archive.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2014Both the food and service were lacking. The dishes weren't bad but they weren't great either, with dessert being the least impressive of all. The wines by the glass all tasted as if they had been open for several days. While our waitress was great, the server was not. He was unfriendly and spilled some of our wine when clearing dishes but didn't even think to top it up.
- Service totally detracted from mealMirandaVIPDined on 6/17/2014We brought some out of town friends to Atrium for a weeknight dinner. At first the service was friendly and accommodating but as the night unfolded the server became less equipped to handle our party of four adults and one child Everyone had their starter except my husband and when we flagged down the server to find out the status it was clear that they had forgotten about it. The clincher was that he served the appetizer as a side to his entree and acted like that was a totally normal thing to do. Not. If we hadn't been with friends we would have made a fuss but chose not to. Shame, because we liked the vibe and space and some of the food was pretty good.
- Magical NightAvitalVIPDined on 6/17/2014Couldn't ask for something better. Every bite was tasty The staff did not rush between courses Courteous, knowledgable and most enjoyable. Worth the subway trip from manhattan and the walk back home in the Brooklyn Bridge. Simply a magical night!!! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodluv2dineDined on 6/14/2014That was my second time at Atrium. We had a great time. The menu choices are limited, but everything is teasty.New contemoprary cuisine , and I noticed they do change the menu from time to time. I will recomend it to my friends.Great ambiency for a casual dining.I will go back again.Special Features:
- MonicaVIPDined on 6/10/2014We made a reservation and specified that we had a stroller. They couldn't seat us with the stroller until 45 min after our reservation. They were nice, but c'mon. Also - as a vegetarian I have been forced to eat the EXACT SAME DISH all 3 times I've been there, since last October. This time the pasta was very bland. I can make bland pasta myself at home and it won't cost $18. Let's change up the menu.
- Poor Service, Good FoodDrJonesDined on 5/30/2014We had a reservation but wasn't seated for almost 20 minutes. (I've tried to have dinner here without a reservation in the past was turned away - pretty dismissively, I might add; the usual hostess isn't that warm/engaging). Once we were finally seated, we wanted to quickly order a couple of appetizers while we look over the menu - after all, we had already waited some time for our table and were starving! We were told that we had to order everything at once, and the server said that she'd come back later when we had decided.... And this was just the start. The overall feeling of the place is that service staff is really busy and just trying to get a job done - the kitchen isn't big enough for the number of tables they try to serve.
- Beautiful spaceBrooklynfoodieVIPDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I dined with another couple this past Friday, the space is very beautiful and we were promptly seated. Service was a bit uneven, we had two servers or possibly one of them was also the maitre D, it was unclear, who also took our oysters order but never inquired which type of oysters we wanted. It seemed like we might be asking too much when we asked to substitute sides (such as greens instead of potatoes with the rib-eye) but they begrudgingly accommodated us, and my girlfriend's duck was undercooked after she had specifically asked for that it be well done. It is quite pricey (2 courses and 1 glass of wine each set my husband and I back $160) so I think they need to make a few tweaks and it will be a gem.Special Features:
- Exquisitely prepared mealthankfulDined on 5/30/2014I brought my daughter here for a celebratory dinner. The food was beautifully presented and amazingly flavorful. The potato bread was fantastic!!! We're foodies and loved it!! It's a place I'll go back regardless the cab fare.Special Features:
- Great new additionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014This place is a great fit for the neighborhood and very happy to have it here. Great food, large open space and really fits well with the DUMBO aesthetic. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Best in DumboOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014We happened upon this place randomly. We didn't realize the pedigree of the staff, and were blown away by the exceptional experience. Perfect execution and creative flavors. Service is very professional. The wine list is serious, right down to the by the glass offerings. We will be back soon and look forward to sampling the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and good foodJoanneVIPDined on 5/12/2014One of the best ambient restaurants in Dumbo, definitely a neighborhood gem. I was there for dinner with a group of 6 and they accommodated and tended to us very well. The service was friendly, attentive and patient. Lovely environment as always, and the food was good and appropriately portioned all round. We shared a beef tartare, which for some reason I remembered was tastier the last time I was there. They had changed the ingredients surrounding and within. It was a little disappointing but still delicious. My father had a medium rare ribeye, and although it was cooked perfectly, he preferred more thickness to the meat because it was quite thin. I, myself, had the smoked duck and it was simply amazing!Special Features:
- Great Food, Poor ServiceEat4LifeDined on 5/11/2014We got in 15 minutes before opening at 11. Their door was open and so we walked in and were told to come back when they open in 15 minutes. But they did it in a rather like "can't be bothered way", and not like they really care for the clients. They could have kept the door closed, or maybe sat us at the bar (great way for great tip). And then they were very keen to rush our dining party of 4 out the door so as to clear the table and put more people in. Instead of basically passing by twice to take our plates...then dropping the bill on the table without asking if we want coffee or tea or anything. So really no real concern on their behalf for the customer, little mindfulness, or warmth in their reception...very self absorbed.Special Features:
- Tasty menu & good wineyumyumDined on 5/10/2014What else can you ask for in the heart of DUMBO but a delicious facility with lively green walls to match the yummy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BostonVIPDined on 5/10/2014Good meal - but "Grade Pending" sign on the front door made me question my reservation. Hopefully this is a work in progress as latest report online shows a "B".Special Features:
- Great vibe great timesSeebyCWDined on 5/6/2014Loved Atrium Dumbo, probably my favorite restaurant in the neighborhood. It feels like my home of San Francisco and is a great escape from the city. Highest recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!lil842Dined on 5/6/2014Went here for my boyfriend's birthday on a Tuesday night - the bar area was packed from happy hour (oyster and cocktail specials), but the dining area was rather open as people with reservations hadn't arrived yet. We got a great seat under the beautiful plant wall and had a delicious meal. The chicken for two was amazing - perfectly cooked chicken breasts (no frills, just delicious) and a WONDERFUL truffled pot pie. The service was attentive, friendly, and not slow at all. Atrium is a great spot.Special Features: