Atoll Restaurant - Catamaran Resort Hotel
3999 Mission Blvd
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Atoll Restaurant - Catamaran Resort Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.catamaranresort.com/dining-entertainment/atoll-restaurant/
- Phone: 8585398635x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Sunday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Riemer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful private dining room with views of Mission Bay. Perfect for rehearsal dinners, birthdays or lunch meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Harry Siebert 8585398649x
A word from Atoll Restaurant - Catamaran Resort Hotel
The Catamaran Resort Hotel’s Atoll Restaurant has won numerous awards include the San Diego Convention & Visitor’s Bureau Finest Academy of Hospitality Sciences and the San Diego Magazine’s people Choice Award for “Best Sunday Brunch” in San Diego.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Atoll Restaurant - Catamaran Resort Hotel - Best Restaurants in Pacific Beach ›
Atoll Restaurant - Catamaran Resort Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (8)special occasion (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- DisappointedLailapolloozaDined on 9/14/2014It was our first time here for my birthday brunch on 9/14/14 & we were very disappointed. First off, the pricing was too high for a limited selection. Second, we had to sit OUTSIDE on a super hot day (granted they provided three umbrellas but who wants to sweat while eating?). We chose that place as a last minute thing (since Tom Hams Lighthouse, apparently, requires two weeks reservation in advance for a large party - which wasn't noted on their website). The Atoll website advertised "Snow Crab", so we went there thinking there would be snow crab LEGS not claws. Not worth the $50+ price tag.Special Features:
- Hats off to the chefSandiegoVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food and recipes were so good. We were honestly surprised because this was hotel dining. We will come here again even if we don't stay at the hotel. I overheard a waitress saying to a couple how they would be happy to accommodate their requests by allowing them to see the other menu if they could not truly find anything to order. Also I ordered raw oysters which were not on the menu and they produced them! Beet salad super good. My husband said the steak was so tender and was better than Ruth Chris. Our 10 year had some of the steak and loved it as well as her mac and cheese. Pricing-right on the mark. Quality food here. Excellent Bay/music entertainment as well.Special Features:
- Food OK. Serivce good. Great viewPopsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Wine list is limited. Only CA and marginal at that. Kind of a shame because it is a pretty spot and food was good.Special Features:
- RickDined on 7/20/2014Great selection of food and the champagne was definitely flowing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful locationErikSDDined on 7/13/2014Food is very good, and you can't beat the location or the bottomless mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LabDadLabDadVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food was just average. Our fish was OK, and the potatoes tasted like instant. Our server did a very nice job, and the featured wine was good. The price was too high for the mediocre quality of the meal.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Atoll Restaurant - Catamaran Resort Hotel reviews archive.
- NOT THAT GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014I selected this place becasue it was highly rated in San Diego Magazine for Sunday brunch. The food was pretty good overall but not exceptional. The service was also mediocre and the mimosas were room temperature. I wouldn't repeat the experience.
- Superior service and dining....Food4thotVIPDined on 6/20/2014We were entertaining out of town guests from New York prior to a wedding at the catamaran resort.....there were seven of us and we ordered seven different items...the halibut, ahi, filet mignonette, crab cakes, roasted beet salad, to name a few, all were all prepared perfectly..... We were especially impressed with our waiter, Bill, and his assistant...Bill anticipated our every need...he even brought honey to one of our family members who ordered tea, wiithout being asked.....he was personable, professional, and made our gathering a even better experience....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch!IrisInTheSunDined on 6/8/2014We started off our vacation and celebrating my Mom's 75th birthday in San Diego with the Atoll's Sunday Brunch. What a treat! Great food and fantastic service. Mimosas weren't bad either. So relaxing sitting with a view of Mission beach! Nothing better!Special Features:
- niceDined on 5/12/2014Fun beach setting but slow service for our group. Our waiter was great anyway. Confusing about Atoll menu vs. open seating restaurant. On-line reservation also confusing as there is no way to indicate outside seating. Next time we will choose the "other" (open seating, no reservations) restaurant. The prices at Atoll are a bit pricey. Still, we love the location and the summer Hawaiian torch ceremony and will be back. Had to call twice requesting outside seating and had to request again upon arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flavorsaverflavorsaverDined on 5/4/2014Had Sunday brunch outside on a great day that was about 75 degrees. Three of us enjoyed the great buffet. It was hard moving off the seafood section of the buffet with crab claws, oysters, salmon, shrimp and lox. We've eaten here before and each time it lives up to our expectations. This is recommended for anyone that loves good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014We went to an early Mother's Day brunch this past Sunday. Less crowds and just more relaxing and enjoyable than the Mother's Day masses. As a native San Diegan, over the years, I have enjoyed many fine brunches. My favorites were always: The Hotel Del, La Valencia and the Catatmaran. Now La Valencia has changed theirs and it has gone down hill; and the Hotel Del is still excellent but prohibitively expensive. For the location, service, value and quality of food, the Atoll at the Catamaran is by far the best brunch in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationLucySDDined on 5/2/2014Overall the restaurant was amazing. One thing my concern was that reception said i do not have an reservation for that day & time. Fortunately they had available spaces for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in San DiegoMnsd0610Dined on 4/6/2014Dining right by the bay with delicious food and bottomless mimosas? Nothing more to ask for! Friendly service, fresh seafood, and great atmosphere! There was so much selection in food, it was well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views and great brunch!SDlocalDined on 3/30/2014We had brunch on the patio on a Sunday morning and although the place was busy, the buffet food was hot, fresh and very tasty. Our server was obviously very busy and though our water wasn't filled as often as we'd like, he was very friendly and was trying his best to stay on top of things. Our reservation was at 10:15 and not all the food was out yet and the prime rib was a little dry but other than that, it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in San DiegoJBrownDined on 3/16/2014We had such a great time enjoying the outside table, right next to the water and a wonderful view of Mission Bay. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long waitmilkmanVIPDined on 3/11/2014Ate here for the second day in a row for breakfast.also came into the bar when the evening with the same results.Auto Service is very good, the kitchen staff is really poor.lost our friends ticket.Special Features:
- food was good. Service wasmilkmanVIPDined on 3/10/2014food was good. Service was very good. Had to wait far too long for the food during a very slow time.they really need to fix their kitchen.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchAlainDined on 3/9/2014I had brunch with some friends on Sunday 03-10-14 and found the buffet food of very good quality and generally all stations were being resupplied in a timely manner. I rated the table service very poor because neither the waitress assigned to our table nor the bus boys were taking care of empty plates that needed to be removed so we could set other plates. We had to personally place the empty dishes on a near table that was not being used. I brought it to the attention of one of the bus boys but nothing changed. The hostess and the staff manning the stations were very courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food, charming restauraJustinDined on 3/8/2014Given that Atoll is a hotel associated restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised by our experience here. The food was outstanding, and ended up being our most memorable meal of our trip. We ended up eating outside on the patio which overlooks Mission Bay and provided a beautiful atmosphere which made our experience that much better. In retrospect, I wish we would've planned to eat here again during our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad. NewsMikeyDined on 2/19/2014My wife and I were on vacation and were looking forward to having a nice dinner out. Well, that was the wrong thought. We were seated by a window away from the rest of the customers all by ourselves. The restaurant in a hotel and we had all the plastic,dusty plants in our face. It was not a place to have dinner there again. The whole place needs to be redecorated and made more comfortable for customers to enjoy their dinners.
- Pretty Good...better earlyGowilkDined on 2/16/2014A little chaotic on arrival but they tried hard. For the last hour of brunch pretty well stocked and changed out most dishes. Sushi WELL above average...we usually rate low so consider that we will return as a recommendation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding.rndoutDined on 2/15/2014The food was outstanding. The service was great (Bill was our waiter). But the dining room looked like a hotel banquet room. They really should freshen up the dining room and try to make the most of the fantastic view of Mission Bay.
- Huge Brunch Buffet tons ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2014Huge Brunch Buffet tons of choices and all very good. Our waiter was great, very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchPBgirlDined on 11/24/2013I won a gift certificate for Sunday Brunch for two. The variety of quality and variety of food exceeded my expectation. We sat on the patio overlooking mission bay and lingered for a couple of hours, having our champagne glasses refilled and enjoying the sunshine glistening on the water. An exceptional way to spend a Sunday in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great exceptweboniVIPDined on 8/7/2013Everything was great except the food..and that's why we were dining!Special Features:
- 80th Birthday PartyKaiserDined on 7/20/2013Reservation/Table was held wonderfully and the Wait Staff did a great job - everything went like cClockwork in terms of Service and making sure we got back on the Bahia Belle for our return Trip. The Food is absolutely delicious to match the Tropical ambiance and having a couple Weddings going-on at the same time was no problem - very much like a Luau with Dancers, etc... all-in-all a very special evening that my Mother truly appreciated. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignorant waitress, good foodSanDieganDined on 7/7/2013I asked for hot water to refill my tea, the server acknowledged it but never brought me hot water. I reminded her, and she apologized, said she would bring it, 15 minutes passed, and still no hot water. I had to ask from another waiter. So, apart from fair service, everything is great. I love the food here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea World FireworksJaywuDined on 7/4/2013Had dinner at the Atoll for fourth of July. Food and everything was good. Really enjoyed eating outside and being able to watch the Sea World Fireworks for the fourth of July across the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low selection/High priceDeannaKDined on 6/30/2013Although the Sunday brunch food was good, there were some definite downsides that didn't make it worth the high price tag. I loved that they had crab claws, but with NO melted butter to dip in. I liked that they had shrimp, but for $43/person, I'd like those shrimp to be peeled and deveined - or at least remove the legs. The salad bar, bread and dessert selections were MINIMAL. The chafing dishes were crammed onto the table and the breakfast selections were back in a dark corner. I was also surprised they did not have a non-alcohol option, such as sparkling cider. Because of the view and that most of the food was good, I'd recommend going to the restaurant, but just have a regular lunch rather than shelling out the money for the brunch.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/30/2013We made our reservation for 5 people well in advance of our dining date. We arrived at the restaurant to be rudely told that we could only sit at a table for 4. When we said that that was unacceptable, the choices we were given were to wait (some undisclosed amount of time) or to sit around a fire pit (not a real table). When we again said that it was not acceptable, we were given two patio tables (without umbrellas). In the meantime, there were numerous 6-person tables available with umbrellas on the grass, but were never offered one of those. Our bill contained two items with incorrect over-pricing. We have had the Atoll as a yearly June breakfast tradition for 8 years. We will not be back.
- Good Brunch OptionsSDlocalDined on 6/16/2013We went for Father's day and had outdoor seating. The ambience was very nice, the food was very good unfortunately we didn't get great service. Halfway through our brunch we got a new waitress because our original waiter went on break and suddenly we were receiving the service we had expected. Too bad he didn't go on break sooner! There were great options from the buffet line to choose from and mimosas were aplenty! Overall a great experience even though we seemingly were ignored during the first half of our brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceKen01Dined on 6/7/2013Food, service, and atmosphere were great. A little too noisy (from adults...not the children present). Did not like the openess where folks can use the restaurant as a short cut pathway to the hotel or other venues. Or the openess of the patio dining area where anyone can come up and linger around. Other than that, the experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Lovely place for birthday meals!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2013We had a lovely early birthday dinner here with plans to go on the Bahia Belle afterward. However, the Belle was down for maintenance and not available. There's not much point in putting the schedule on the web site if it isn't kept updated with current information as more and more customers consult the web page and do not call ahead to verify. The menu could use a little more variety--one of our party couldn't find anything that suited her and did not eat--however she knew that when she came with us because she looked at the menu on line. We will be back though--one of my favorite places to take people.Special Features:
- Lovely view of bay / great serviceBahiaBellerocksDined on 5/24/2013My husband's birthday and our first date night since baby. I picked this place because we were going on Bahia Belle boat cruise, and the port is about a 30 sec walk. Good was great, loved our waiter (his timing and foresight were impeccable). The view of the bay was terrific. The only thing I noticed that was sub-par was the inside seating ambiance. Definitely sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is overpriced forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013The food is overpriced for the quality. I had the seared ahi and, while the fish was fresh and prepared properly, the dish was basically tasteless. It was served with white rice and some slivered vegetables. The sauce that was almost there was bland. My date's dish was ribeye steak and he said the taste was okay, but the meat was tough. Very disappointing. We were staying at the hotel and the 3-course dinner for two was part of our package. The total "value" of the two dinners was said to be $86.50... I wouldn't have paid half that for what we got.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013The food was very good and the strolling before dinner on the bay and after dinner on the beach walk were great bookends to the evening.Special Features: