Saint Louis, MO 63112Neighborhood:
Central West End
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlasrestaurantstl.com/
- Phone: 3143676800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bryan Carr, Executive Chef & Alberto Ahuatzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room comfortably seats 65, or can be used for standing receptions of 100 or more guests. Our space is available for private parties during non-business hours, making it ideal for business luncheons, brunch events, or evening gatherings on Sundays or Mondays. Please contact us to arrange your private event.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Moore 3143676800
A word from Atlas Restaurant
Where classic European flavors mingle with warm smiles and exemplary service. We are conveniently located in the West End of St. Louis, just minutes away from Washington University, The Fox, Powell Hall and the Muny.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Atlas Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Central West End ›
Atlas Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (38)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here. We were not disappointed. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Good meal,Too many interruptionsMacpittmanDined on 9/25/2014Had dinner here because it was in the neighborhood, and the menu looked good. The food was delicious, nice portions, beautiful presentation. However, there is a fine line between being attentive, and being annoying. The staff interrupted our conversation and meal at frequent intervals. If my plate is completely empty, please clear it - you dont need to ask. Two different people asked about our food. At one point I had my mouth full of delicious pork chop, the waiter asked us how the food tasted, my dinner partner said great. I could not answer because I was chewing, and he asked me again, and wouldn't leave until I nodded it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OdellDined on 9/20/2014Welcoming, very good food, homelike yet feels like a special occasion to be there. Wonderful to have someone cook for you!Special Features:
- AtlastersDined on 9/20/2014Dinner was very enjoyable. The mussels were especially delicious.Special Features:
- DinnertennisVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our food was great and our server was excellent. I wish there were more seafood items on the menu. We were also on one of the tables along the wall and it gets a bit crowded. Would still come back.Special Features:
- FoodieFoodieDined on 9/16/2014Atlas has always been reliably great. The relatively new prix fixe option (3 courses $28) offers incredible food for an incredible value. I brought a foodie from NYC and he loved the food but was truly blown away by the price!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerErDocDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and excellent service at Atlas. The pasta with shrimp & lobster and the vegetarian pasta dish were both excellent. We would definitely visit this restaurant again when traveling through St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We ate outside which was very nice. Indoors was very loud. Food was great and service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a GEMStlAlDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time, but not our last. Everything about the evening was excellent. The caprese and beet and goat cheese salads started off the evening. Large portions, great taste and presentation. Wife had he trout and I had the lamb shank....wonderful choices...excellently prepared and presentated. The spinach and asparagaus were wonderful. Since it was my special birthday, we were treated to the Chocolate Pave.....any chocoholic would love this dessert. A restaurant not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as what it was billed to beFoodieInStLouisDined on 8/16/2014We were seated at a very good table. It was relatively quiet and we were comfortable. They had our reservations. It was nice! But both wine and dinner menus were a bit different from the ones online. It was clear then that this was not a French or Italian restaurant. Loosely inspired? Very loosely. The server lost interest in us when we didn't order a drink or appetizer. We did finally get the bread! The food came and it was warmish. The lamb was very dry and the sides were quite greasy. However- the asparagus was cooked perfectly! The manager did ask us how our dinner was--in passing. We would have commented there, but he walked away before we answered. The dinner would have been great if we had lowered our expectations.Special Features:
- MGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and service! Air conditioning was a little intenseI would recommend this to a friend.
- Where Have I Been?DaveDined on 8/2/2014Atlas is a wonderful little spot in a nicely renovated neighborhood (on Pershing a block east of Debauliver. Excellent country terrine, tempura vegetables (piccolo fritto), roasted beet salad and noteworthy cocktails. Don't miss the shot of espresso over the homemade ice cream. Fantastic. I'll be back. Soon.Special Features:
- WonderfulScott007700Dined on 8/1/2014You will not be disappointed. The food is great and the service is top notch. They also do not frown on one who brings his own bottle of wine for a nominal corkage fee. However, the wine list is thoughtfully prepare and reasonably priced. Don't forget to save room for dessert. You will be glad you did. We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- so good…...spdtDined on 8/1/2014………………...we came home and made a reservation for the following night!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Justifiably Popular GemUCityFanDined on 8/1/2014For years, Atlas has been my favorite treat for out-of-town visitors. The former owner's excellent food and service have been sustained. The staff show thoughtful concern for a planned follow-up concert or show. Even if not, service seems not to suffer. The menu and wine list are comparable to those of many much larger restaurants. Atlas continues to be maybe too popular because the room is small and usually crowded so that the noise level impairs quiet conversation, hence a positive feedback. My geriatric dinner club has avoided Atlas because those with slightly reduced hearing could converse with nearest neighbors only; but it's generally not a problem for four or fewer. The "energetic" noise level cost the 5th star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/20146 diners. 6 clean plates. What more can I say? Hope to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but goodBesHTCDined on 7/26/2014We have been going to Atlas for years but due to a not great brunch experience last year, it has been a while. Glad we tried it again. Food was fantastic as was the service. The only problem is the dining room is loud, but it was a Saturday. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Dining SportlindasueDined on 7/19/2014Perfect for before the Muny, high noise level, but a fun place!Special Features:
- Grandson's B'DaypatcusDined on 7/18/2014We took our 22-year-old grandson to Atlas for his birthday and first visit there. He is starting to try new foods and had the duck, which he thoroughly enjoyed, cleaning his plate! My husband had the lobster and shrimp pasta and asked why I can't make that for him sometime (I'll try, but won't be able to come close to the Atlas version, I'm sure). The service was great too. Thanks, AtlasSpecial Features:
- great foodMacca1VIPDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful neighborhood eatery! Great food and service; a must for all foodies.Special Features:
- Hidden GemHome2MODined on 7/12/2014We had Muny tickets and needed a near by restaurant. Atlas had a great menu, fresh twists on old favorites and just plain good food. Portions were just right. Wine list was not extensive but was good and met my expectations.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in the CWE.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Introduced friends from Saint Charles to Atlas. It was the first time all three had ever been there. They will all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cairdieDined on 6/28/2014I have been to Atlas many times since it opened, and I can say that it always delivers an excellent, interesting meal in a light, happy space - which adds up to a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Good and localoceanjimDined on 6/27/2014The food is great, the service is outstanding, the wine list is below par but the cocktails are above average. This is a good place for an intimate dinner, no views or other distractions with consistently great food.Special Features:
- trippyDined on 6/27/2014Went to Atlas to celebrate my wife's birthday and it didn't disappoint!! We live in the CWE, but keep forgetting how good Atlas is! It's just a great place with great food. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back on a regular basis. A great place!!Special Features:
- Very nice....Food1VIPDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed dinner here and as usual I have no complaints. Good food, good service. I'll definitely be back, and would recommend the place.Special Features:
- ATLAS IS BACK!!! HOORAY!!BARDANDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I are so very happy to have Atlas back in our Rolodex! Having thought Atlas relocated to San Francisco, it was our impression it was gone forever. Now we are just grateful it's back and better than ever! We find most restaurants think they know what they are doing. Atlas REALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!. We did have one disappointment. The 2 of us were shown to a nice quiet spot along the eastern wall of the restaurant. Then came a party of 8, maybe 9 women, all having a great time! Nice for them, but not for us. We couldn't even hear what we were thinking. Is there a way to avoid this?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlas Restaurant never disappointsSaintLouis2014Dined on 6/20/2014No matter how many times we have dined at Atlas Restaurant, there is always something new and exciting to experience. The menu is outstanding. Creative, imaginative. Every dish is delicious. And to top it off, Atlas has a wonderful staff. Excellent service in every regard. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very impressedsammylovesgoodfoodDined on 6/20/2014Food was delicious. Great service. We had trout and cod and both were great. Love their house salad, too. Never think to go here because the location is off the beaten track. Decent wine list and got a variety of desserts for the table and everyone loved those. We will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Silverbird1Dined on 6/20/2014Probably my favorite restaurant. Always good food and service. Wine list not extensive but certainly adequate. Brian has kept it a gem. BUT I do. It like Open Tables new format. Sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTrvler2Dined on 6/20/2014The restaurant from before you walked in the door had a very bad old dead fish smell which never really went away. Three of the four meals were very good but the fourth meal was one which we would never order again. I have been to Atlas many times so will go back, but if this had been my first experience, I would never dine here again.Special Features:
- GREAT food!greatbirthdayDined on 6/12/2014When we first pulled up to the restaurant we were a little worried. The outside and the area were not very appealing. But the inside was very nice and the food was outstanding! We are definitely going to be going back. Excellent service as well.Special Features:
- Pretty goodjavamama3VIPDined on 6/11/2014The drinks & desserts were standouts, as was the gnocchi appetizer. 4 of us all ordered different entrees and they were ok. Pork chop medium was a little tough with not as much flavor as I hoped. Lamb shank was tender but the polenta wasn't seasoned at all. Trout & fettuccini primavera were also just ok, and the carrot flan was fabulous, but didn't really taste like carrot at all. It seemed like food was on the verge of great, but didn't deliver as much as we hoped, especially for the price tag. Our server was great and the atmosphere and location are neighborhood chic. Just wanted the food to be a bit better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good mealLuv2eatVIPDined on 6/3/2014We had the special three course prefix during the week. The wine list was reasonable. Overall the food was good but not great. The tomato bisque was very good, the pork chop was pretty boring, the wilted greens were nice and the creme brulee was pretty good. Overall a pretty good meal but not sure I would rush back.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Atlas Restaurant reviews archive.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Just outstanding. A touch pricey, but worth it. I love being able to walk to this place or sit out on their sidewalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014While the food was extremely good, the service outshone. Our server, Collin, was super cute, knowledgeable of the menu and confident in his wine pairings. There were plenty of serving assistants to make sure we had full water glasses & fresh cutlery. I had the trout with preserved lemon butter... the trout itself was a much thicker cut than I had ever seen, and the carrot flan was the yummiest thing ever. Ny husband had the lamb chops that were on special.We loved the taste but he would liked to have had a larger portion...3 instead of 2. We had the gnocchi for an appetizer and it was excellent, as well. But be aware, it is a heavy dish and you would definitely want to share it. We did not order dessert and I'm sad in retrospect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Great deserts! We had a great time there for a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/30/2014Our main course was very good although one person had a couple of bites of spinach that were not edible. The Mahi Mahi was excellent as well as the other vegetables - the carrots and potatoes were really good. The Butter lettuce salad was very disappointing with the lettuce rather limp from the dressing and there was a definite lack of blue cheese present. At this price level I expect blue cheese dressing to be have cheese chunks throughout. The Chocolate Caramel cake was well executed but a little too sweet for me mainly from the bottom crust. Overall it was a good meal but the results didn't meet its expectations.Special Features:
- A nice surpriseGrillMasterVIPDined on 5/17/2014Went here on a recommendation from one of our friends we met there, and the advice was spot-on. Both the food and service were excellent. The trout and lamb shank were particularly good. Service was attentive and friendly. It is a small restaurant so I recommend getting reservations.Special Features:
- My St Louis favJAMsGemsDined on 5/16/2014I try to dine at Atlas on many of my frequent St Louis visits. Cozy neighborhood, great food that shows creativity without getting kooky. Friendly and attentive service. It could hold its own in any NYC neighborhood and I wish it was!Special Features: