Atlas Grill and Clubroom
200 S 6th St
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Atlas Grill and Clubroom
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.atlasgrill.com/
- Phone: 6123324200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:30pm; Saturday & Sunday Closed, but open for private parties
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Abbass Shabazi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: No entertainment. Private parties may bring in their own entertainment. A baby grand piano is available for use. Plenty of room for dancing.
- Cross Street: 3rd Avenue and 5th Street South
- Public Transit: Atlas is located on the light rail line with the Government Center station across the street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Underground parking is available in the US Bank Plaza ramp. Parking is validated after 5 PM Monday through Friday. Parking is validated for private parties all day on Saturday and Sunday. Parking ramp entrance is located off of 5th Street South.
A word from Atlas Grill and Clubroom
Located in downtown Minneapolis, Atlas Grill is one of the Twin Cities dining treasures. The Mediterranean influenced cuisine features signature fire roasted meats and seafood. The Star Tribune has called Atlas' food "out of this world". During the day, Atlas is a popular lunch destination. In the evening, Atlas becomes a venue for private parties and special events. Atlas' dining room features dark wood work with beautiful draperies and tropical fish tanks. The Atrium is more open and garden like surrounded by numerous plants and high glass ceilings. A full service bar with seating connects the two areas. Atlas Grill is a great location for corporate dinners, meetings, cocktail parties and wedding receptions. The banquet menu offers buffet, served and platter style dinner options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Atlas Grill and Clubroom - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Atlas Grill and Clubroom reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (5)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- OK Food - Poor ServiceFishVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went b/c of 1000 points. Food was good, yet overdone, and the service was poor. Hard to find.Special Features:
- Never DisappointingKerbieDined on 9/10/2014One of the few places you can go to that caters to the customer. Food and service are always excellent. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBocazarVIPDined on 8/14/2014Did not know the dinning area was located out in an open area of the US Bank Plaza atrium. OK food and service, but poor ambience.
- Atlas Grill and Clubroom3moviegoersVIPDined on 7/11/2014We selected Atlas Grill and Clubroom because they were offering 1000 points. Great place! It's located in the US Bank building at 200 S. 6th Street. We ordered the Seafood Plank for two but it would have easily served three. The fish was excellent - Sea Bass, Salmon and Walleye. Melt in your mouth delicious! The service was excellent, too. We were there on a Friday evening at 6PM and it was not busy. We would definitely choose this restaurant again. Thanks!Special Features:
- super8shopperDined on 6/11/2014Hoped the chilean sea bass would have been seared longer to develop the buttery taste of the fish. Rice side dish was dry and didn't compliment the fish, try a sweeter side dish. Vegetables were perfect and lovely compliment. We requested pre set house salad and it was very good and guests appreciated there was something to eat when they arrived. Fresh lemonade, rather than from the gun would have been great on a hot summer's day. Iced tea was perfect.Special Features:
- The following 298 reviews are from the Atlas Grill and Clubroom reviews archive.
- Good foodCraveVIPDined on 4/22/2014We enjoyed eating at Atlas. Food was high-quality and location and atmosphere we're both nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch, Better for dinnerlouiseinMSPVIPDined on 4/14/2014I have enjoyed business lunches at Atlas, and was looking forward to dinner. Wow, the lamb was amazing! The curried potatoes with crispy onion that went with my fire roasted lamb were delicious, and with the vegetables...YUM! He had the pork tenderloin and loved every bite. We didn't have room for any more so my pomegranate martini was my liquid dessert. We left fill and happy and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdowntownDined on 4/11/2014Our server was knowledgeable about the food but had too many tables to provide attentive service. The food was mediocre and overpriced. Disappointing experience. Will not return.
- Great place for lunchjericho26Dined on 3/20/2014These guys move very quickly and, as such, this place is wonderful for a business lunch. The food and service is excellent, too.Special Features:
- Excellent food quiet venueButchVIPDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I went on a Friday in lent. While my grilled shrimp was delightful, her walleye was not only excellent but wonderfully unique. The seasoning on the walleye was nit like anything we had ever had . It was served with potatoes and peppers that had a delectable curry seasoning that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Price is very reasonable for food of this quality. Chocolate torte for dessert recommended by the waiter was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the fishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014Lots of notable people dine here. In one lunch hour, I saw several elected officials and a number of high ranking company executives. That said, the food is not as interesting as the company. The walleye sandwich was actually pretty awful. It was like the walleye had been boiled. The bun was soggy and wet to match the boiled fish and the tomato was woody. The French fries were nothing special either.Special Features:
- Pretty gooddb12Dined on 3/7/2014Better than Kincaid's and cheaper. Chicken kebab could have used more sauce and rice could have used more seasoning. Vegetables were nicely cooked. Reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andDaithiDined on 2/14/2014The food was excellent and the validated parking makes the downtown location even more convenient! Atlus Grill made an excellent choice this Valentine's Day! The portions were ample and the price fit. I would definitely recommend Atlus for special occasions or a little more formal dates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not High on ClassexcellentplumageDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I are pretty down to Earth, but when we dress up to go out for a nice dinner, we expect it to be a classy place and to be surrounded by people who want the same experience. The dinner crowd that we encountered did not share that sentiment. Someone nearby ordered a Miller Light, which made my wine taste even worse. Bottom line is that this is simply not a place to go for a nice dinner, so just cross this off your list if that's what you're after. If you want to grab food before a game, sure, fine, go for it. The food was okay; you get what you pay for.
- Valentines day dinnerNickDined on 2/14/2014The food was good, but overpriced. Our server was really nice, but overall the service was below average.Special Features:
- romantic without the foodbraga0230Dined on 2/14/2014Nice dining experience except that the good tasted horrible. The meat platter was far less than expected for a classy dining atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent, Fast, DelisciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My fiance and I went to Atlas for Valentine's Day Dinner. The food was amazing and the service was great. We received our food it seemed in less than five minutes after we ordered (we had just finished their basket of bread as the food was coming out). I would definitely recommend Atlas for a formal dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restrauntOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It is a really beautiful place, the candles on the table make me have the romantic feeling, but i think my server was taking care a lot of tables and really busy that night, my water didnt refill and we waited forever to order... the food tastes ok to me but too expensive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch spotMcDannoDined on 2/14/2014It would be an OK place for a business lunch, would not recommend it for a dinner tho...the main course was pretty good, appetizer and salad were very bland and nothing exciting....I called ahead to verify we would be in the dinning room and they still seated us out in the commons area...They also said that they validate parking, not in my view...They gave a voucher which was $2.00 off of the $8.00 parking charge. I would not recommend this place unless you were already in the US bank building and want to over pay for a lunch...Special Features:
- What's the Point?JimAgainVIPDined on 1/28/2014Maybe I'm spoiled, but I expected more. Atlas is a prime MSP location. I was looking for service and attention to detail similar to other MSP restaurants. Now, there were other diners there, and large groups that wee taking advantage of happy hour, but if you font have the tine or temperament to make my evening enjoyable or special, just let line know that I'm about to waste my dining dollar, A little attention, a little gratitude goes s long way. Disappointing?!!Special Features:
- solid and reliableDanBDined on 1/23/2014Atlas is a go-to place in downtown Minneapolis. They don't have a lot in the way of vegetarian options, but what they do have is quite good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- client lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2014Great place to take clients - good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Business Lunch SpotRugbyGuyDined on 1/8/2014Terrific sandwiches, salads, breads, ice tea, fish, and other seafood. Impressive menu at reasonable prices. I'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food ordered, both whichBeagleDined on 1/2/2014The food ordered, both which were the omelet specials, were outstanding. The service was very efficient and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go back.KristieVIPDined on 12/23/2013The food was so/so (definitely not worth the price I paid) and the service was extremely slow. I hadn't been there for years and I won't bother going back.
- Fantastic!snowman2Dined on 12/20/2013We come to Atlas to eat for special occasions downtown and have never been disappointed. This last visit was no exception. Food is outstanding! It is very reasonably priced for the quality of food that you get. We'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Business LunchMitchVDined on 12/19/2013I went to Atlas for a business lunch. The menu has a lot of variety, and the food is quite good. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Great time!JohnnyDVIPDined on 12/17/2013Family owned and run. Fantastic food and the service was very friendly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerlksjonesDined on 12/16/2013I have lunch here at least once a month and it's always a favorite. Consistantly good food and service. Nice menu selection, plesant atmosphere and an all-around good lunch deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchBusinesslunchDined on 12/12/2013Great atmoshere and food. The prices for the food were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad. Food was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Not bad. Food was very good, much of the dining area was right in the main area of the building plaza, which was kind if strange. Very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good place for a businesspkepDined on 10/31/2013The Food, Service are always good. The "open air" dining is a nice change for us in MN who don't get to eat outside once the weather turns cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Service, Good PriceEpicureanEaterDined on 10/25/2013Never disappointed. Atlas delievers good foo, service and at a good value price.Special Features:
- Business Lunch- Great spotKrewmomDined on 10/23/2013Love this place for meeting with vendors. Quiet and delicious!Special Features:
- Dinner? Not so much....PresbutesDined on 10/22/2013Drinks - average to above average Appetizer, calamari - very good Dinner, pork loin - very good, salmon - average to below (overcooked with a can of spicy black beans dumped on top) Location - easy to get to using skyway system, definite plus! Ambiance - well, expected dining room setting but apparently there were no other reservations for that evening so they had "reserved" a booth in the expansive bar area while leaving restaurant area "clean" - not what was wanted or wouldn't have bothered with reservation (LOUD) Recommendation - not bad if other places already booked but don't bother with reservation for dinner, apparently not on anyone's "go to" list 2nd Recommendation - if offered "1000 point reservations" by Open Table, don't use!
- I've been going to Atlas sincelksjonesDined on 9/25/2013I've been going to Atlas since they opened downtown. It's one of my favorite restaurants downtown. I recommend it to business associates when they come into town and we also have had several group lunches there for work. Very friendly staff and very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good dinner spotfoodie62VIPDined on 9/12/2013Perhaps Atlas is a good option for lunch, but I was really disappointed in Atlas as a dinner spot. I was in town and wanted to treat a family friend to a nice dinner. The restaurant was close to my hotel and the photos looked classy. But when we got there, I was told that the dining room was only open at lunch and we would have to sit out in the bar area in the lobby of the building. It was loud (not in the pleasant "restaurant" sense, but in the loud, echoey "lobby of a business building" sense.) The tables resembled something I would expect at a fast-casual restaurant. The food tasted like something I could have made myself out of stuff in my pantry - bland and not very fresh. We were asked to leave at 9.
- Good place for a meetingTIscootVIPDined on 8/29/2013Atlas grill is one of those out of the Way downtown spots that works great for a business lunch. The indoor part of the restaurant works best for a quiet conversation and the food is simple fare , so everyone can find something they like. Service can be spotty, feels like a lot of turnover, but that's one diners perception. Hearts of palm salad and daily omelettes are two of my favourites.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diiinnenr at Atlasl GrillCGrillDined on 8/28/2013They were very ready for us before our reserved time. We were helped quickly and were back several times. When dinner arrive, we did not see a waiter until we were at the end of our meal. The food was good, and the menu is small but complete. Items for vegetarians were included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very good. I had askedseand51Dined on 8/13/2013Usually very good. I had asked for a bit of special treatment for our 10 anniversary (our wedding reception was at the Atlas) and received none. Food was not as good as it has been on other occassions. I love the Atlas but this experience was not up to my expectations.