Atlas Global Bistro
3111 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Atlas Global Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlasglobalbistro.com/
- Phone: 3138312241
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday 11am-10pm Thursday 11am-11pm Friday 11am-Midnight Saturday 4:30pm-Midnight Sunday 10am-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Zack Stutz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Yes
- Private Party Contact: Alisha Martus 3138312241
A word from Atlas Global Bistro
With its soaring ceilings and vintage wood bar, Atlas is a wonder to behold. Saved from the wrecking ball, the trendy bistro gained admirers among the city's glitterati and food fanatics. Atlas was awarded three stars from the Detroit News and was a finalist for the 2008 best “New American” restaurant in Detroit (finishing 2nd overall) by WDIV. It was also awarded “Best Restaurant Under $50” (Reader’s Poll) and the “Best Eclectic” restaurant in Detroit (Staff Pick) in the October 15, 2008 issue of Metro Times. Citysearch describes Atlas as “a wonder to behold”, and Detroit Metromix awarded Atlas 5 Stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Atlas Global Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Atlas has been the best. WeMystereVIPDined on 5/18/2013Atlas has been the best. We are VERY disappointed that they are closing next weekend. We hope that they will reorganize and find another place and reopen reall soon.Special Features:
- Always just right...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013Astro has been a consistent stand-out food destination in Detroit, always offering creative and cosmopolitan fare that stands out from the crowd. We understand they will be "out of commission" for awhile as they relocate to a new spot. We wish them all the best in their new locale and will be counting the weeks to the reopening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting for the rebirth of AtlasMiamiDinerVIPDined on 5/17/2013A true gem. Great Michigan wines. Too bad it's closing. I look forward to a re opening.Special Features:
- We love the Atlas Globe Bistro!kk708Dined on 5/17/2013Our son attends CCS in Detroit and we discovered this amazing restaurant last time we were there. We ate there again on our most recent visit, but learned that it is closing at the end of this month...! We hope it opens again soon....it's our favorite, special occasion Detroit restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013Excellent food and service. Only slight criticism is that the dessert selection could have been better. Will be sorry to see it close but looking forward to hearing about its new location, preferably within the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early dinnerKikoDined on 5/11/2013Excellent food and service. We hope they will be able to re-open in a great new location closer to the center of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining prior to Tigers vs. IndiansHunterDined on 5/10/2013The Global Bistro is within walking distance of Comerica Park so it was a perfect spot for dining versus eating at the ball park. Valet parking was available, service was perfect, atmosphere was soothing and the food outstanding especially the short ribs with the mint enhanced rice risotto. My next Tiger, Lions or downtown event will be preceded by another visit to the Global Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining ExperienceDoctorDetroitDined on 5/4/2013We were a few minutes late for our symphony-night reservation at 6:30 PM. They seated us promptly and the waiter was aware that we had a deadline to get to Orchestra Hall. The restaurant has a shuttle, which made that part of the evening's logistics so much easier. We enjoyed an excellent glass of wine and wonderful meals. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had heard great thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/4/2013We had heard great things about Atlas and were looking forward to our dining experience. Unfortunately Atlas did not live up to expectations. The service was not good...it may have just been our server but he was slow and forgetful. Our food was hit or miss, one of us had the salmon on tri-colored cauliflower and it was DRY and not served over tri-colored cauliflower. It also did not have enough sauce to make it palatable. Another of us had the short rib entree which was very good. Dessert was a complete mess - again the description on the menu not matching what arrived at our table. We won't be back.
- Great food, we went for restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013Great food, we went for restaurant week and had a great experience with a wide variety of choices for each course. We really enjoyed the Gazpacho and the Lamb Chops. Good drink menu as well, I can definitely recommend Atlas!Special Features:
- Date Night PerfectionFluffHeadDined on 4/28/2013My girlfriend and I took advantage of the Detroit Restuarant Week menu on the last night of the event. Having mixed feelings about past experiences during DRW I was unsure what to expect at Atlas. The atmosphere was ideal other than the bar being so close to the dining area, it was fairly noisy at times. Our server was pleasant and attentive. We were both happy with our first course, but after tasting my dates scallop I wished I had ordered the same. It was cooked perfectly and the peppers went well with the buttery flavor. Our entrees were phenomenal. Both my pork and her lamb chops were exploding with flavor and texture. The "Rock N'Rye" reduction went nicely wih the pork. Both desserts were stellar. I would recommend Atlas to everyone.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Atlas Global Bistro is Delightful! The food is creative and delicious. The service is always outstanding. My friend's salmon was the best I've ever had. In addition to their fish, poultry and meats; they are also suitable for vegetarians -- I have loved the veg entrees, vegetables and side salads I've tried. They have a great wine list and offer good craft beers. Desserts are a highlight. They also have the best decaf coffee I've ever had (it tastes like good regular coffee).Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The elegantly simple layout/decor, the more than cordial service, the fact that our meals were all wonderful and creative all contributed to the lovely experience we had at Atlas Global Bistro. We didn't need it but the fact that they offer $5 valet was good to know for future trips. There is an obvious emphasis on attention to detail that I hope keeps this restaurant around for good!Special Features:
- The area is not the greatest--thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013The area is not the greatest--there is almost no parking which forces you to valet, and the valet service is not free.Special Features:
- My experience at Atlas wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013My experience at Atlas was excellent. I loved the food and the service. I will definately spread the word about this place !!!Special Features:
- first time at atlas ..AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Me and my good friend went here for restaurant week on a Thursday and off the back was impressed with the menu. We made reservations for 9 pm but of course people like to chat and drink at their tables so we waited at the bar until a table was ready which was not a problem, the bartender was friendly. The head waiter was also extremely friendly as he keep us updated on your table status when we finally sat down we ordered the scallops amazing..duct confit amazing, lamb..amazing ha... dessert on the other hand i had the creme brulee and was not impressed..it didnt have the right amount of sugar, so only tasted like heavy cream custard besides that. would go again...loved it!Special Features:
- The food was out-of-this-worldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2013The food was out-of-this-world wonderful, but be aware that portions are small.Special Features:
- Very Poor ShowingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013If the whole idea of restaurant week is to showcase your restaurant to customers who wouldn’t normally visit then the performance here was very poor! Our server was disinterested and lacked the ability to describe menu items and highlights of the menu. He also neglected to inform us of some items no longer available for the dinner. Thankfully the waitress on the table next to us stopped by to answer some questions we had. She unlike our server was informative, cordial, and a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stale setting. The food was also very disappointing. Our first course was a salad with orange segments and goat cheese that was nice. My item was a country terrine pate, which was good but all of about a one ounce portion, it was servSpecial Features:
- Call to see if food is availableThomasTheFoodieDined on 4/22/2013Out of 1 of their entree's by 7pm, boo....everything else was good though, but no clue about what I really wanted, AND WENT THERE FOR
- Chose this restaurant to re-visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013Chose this restaurant to re-visit as part of restaurant week after reviewing the menus and this was a big hit with me and our group. Their menu offered the most variety and would appeal to everyone including those on special diets. The waitress was very helpful in offering suggestions and there were options to customize if you didn't want all of your courses: don't want a dessert, you can have 2 appetizers. Most restaurants aren't that helpful. I had soy braised short ribs and they were extremely tender. My only complaint was portion size - More! Though there were quite a few diners the sound level was low. Using valet parking made this an easy in and out. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- We went here for restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013We went here for restaurant week. The food was original and well presented, however they were out of many of the items (typical for rest. week). The appetizers, Scallop with Preserved Peppers and Atlas Salad, were excellent. My dinner companion had the Duck Confit, which looked and tasted amazing. The elements were well-balanced. My Lamb Chops, while tasty, were overwhelmed by the horseradish in the crust, making the saffron a bit of a waste. Desserts: the chocolate cake my server suggested was extremely dry and almost frozen. My companion had an off-menu item (substitution for lack of cremes brulee), some kind of cinnamon chocolate cake with flan that was actually pretty decent. We'd definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- i've been a guest at the atlasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2013i've been a guest at the atlas a few times a year for maybe 10 years or so. i have never been disappointed - the food and service are always top notch.Special Features:
- Your restaurant week menuebigalDined on 4/21/2013Your restaurant week menue was the most extensive I have seen. Most are limited to 3 items in each category. The lamb chops were superb.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013The service was outstanding, Tiffany was the best! Food was awesome and wine was even better. Will definitely visit this place again! If visiting during restaurant week, reservations is highly recommended. The restaurant is sort of smallSpecial Features:
- Food good, service meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013The food was very good. Portions were a little small. We did go during restaurant week, so the portion size wasn't unexpected. Both my husband and I enjoyed our "date." Our server, seemed a bit distracted. As he was taking our order he was watching the table next to us, spilled my beer as he put it down (he did apologise, but never got me anything to wipe up the spill) and never asked if we would like a second beer when he took away our glasses. Now, I realize how busy restaurant week can be, but we went early when it was still fairly empty. Nothing unforgivable or rude, just a bit of a turnoff when it came to our particular server. He seemed much more interested in helping tables that were a little older.Special Features:
- Small & quaint. Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2013Small & quaint. Great view of Woodward. Went for Sunday brunch before the theater. Service was a bit slower than expected for breakfast items.Special Features:
- Food was awesome. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Food was awesome. Service was good, but there was a long wait before each course was served. Took 2 hours to complete dinner. That was the only negative for me.Special Features:
- Not impressed! Food flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Not impressed! Food flavor was not to my liking, but service was very good. Very fatty meat!!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Fantastic food and great service. The staff was particularly helpful in recommending dishes and wines based on our preferences. I ordered the pork tenderloin with the Rock and Rye reduction, and the flavors were amazing. The atmosphere was refined but not overly stuffy; most folks in the room were carrying on lively conversations. I would absolutely recommend it for a special occasion out!Special Features:
- It was a busy night (DetroitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013It was a busy night (Detroit Restaurant Week) and the service was a little slow. But, I've been in before with the same server with no problem, so I'm willing to chalk it up to an off night. The Bahn Mi, Amalfi Salad and the Braised Short Ribs were excellent, and the desserts as delicious as well as artfully presented. The Pork Loin was too heavily salted for my taste. My wife thought it was delicious.Special Features:
- Delightful place. Have manyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013Delightful place. Have many times found it to fit unique situations and groups. There is food to match all tastes. We were especially impressed this time when due to weather we were late and needed to catch a curtain. Our waiter told us which food dneeded longer preparation, etc. so that we could eat well, and still get to our destination. My guest were very impressed and pledge to return. Thank you.Special Features:
- Hip restaurants come - HipOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013Hip restaurants come - Hip restaurants go - but I still love this place...Special Features:
- Atlas has long been a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013Atlas has long been a family favorite. The brunch menu is stellar as is the food and service. You just can't go wrong here. We recently took my 83 yo Mother there and mentioned it was her birthday. Even though we were 20 minutes late they held us a table by the windows and even brought her a DELICIOUS slice of cake with a candle in it after our meal. They do everything right! LOVE Atlas!~Special Features:
- Great Restaurant with a greatLoveitDined on 4/8/2013Great Restaurant with a great staff and an outstanding chef. Enjoy it every time I go there (usually for a business lunch)Special Features:
- My 3rd visit to Atlas,greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2013My 3rd visit to Atlas,great food,service at great prices!! A neighborhood gem,love Detroit!Special Features:
- We had a lovely meal at AtlasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We had a lovely meal at Atlas and best of all, we were able to valet park and take their complimentary shuttle the few blocks to Orchestra Hall to hear the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Then we were picked up after the concert and shuttled back. Very convenient and easy. Made for a wonderful night! Highly recommended before and/or after the Symphony!Special Features:
- Good food, may be slow to arriveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013We've eaten here on a number of occasions, usually in conjunction with attending the symphony, so it is a restaurant we generally enjoy. They have a shuttle bus to the Hall which is most appreciated. On our most recent visit I was surprised by the slowness of food to arrive from the kitchen and when it came my chicken was barely warm. That aside, the flavor was very good, well prepared, good wine selection. We are a party of 4 and ate early so restaurant was not yet very busy.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2013Food was excellent and in particular the service was outstanding.
- Simply GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Great food! Great service! Obviously very well managed. No waiting on a very busy Sunday. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- I have eaten here three timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013I have eaten here three times now and always find the food to be creative, delicious and consistent. The wine list is not over-priced and the service is excellent.Special Features: