81801 Overseas Highway
Islamorada, FL 33036Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cheeca.com/dining-a-entertainment.html
- Phone: (305) 664-4651
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00pm; Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bader Ali
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantic's Edge
Atlantic's Edge Restaurant, with stunning ocean views and both indoor and outdoor dining, enjoy a fabulous fusion of tastes featuring fresh seafood, seasonal colossal stone crabs, prime steaks and locally grown organic produce. 2010 and 2011 Wine Spectator Recognition of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Atlantic's Edge reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (10)special occasion (8)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding nightTravelerVIPDined on 11/5/2014We ate on the outside patio overlooking the ocean. What a view! The wait staff was attentive and the food was very good. Nothing on the menu particularly creative but everything was tasty. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceChrisNickDined on 10/23/2014Everything about Atlantic Edge is simply perfection.Special Features:
- FantasticMLEtheFoodieDined on 9/6/2014We have lived in Key West a long time and a trip to Islamorada for the weekend surprised us in how relaxing and removed it felt from everyday life. Dinner was absolutely outstanding - far and above what we might have expected from a resort restaurant. From soup to sorbet - everything we tasted was memorable and expertly executed. A must try! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service so-soLidiaDined on 8/21/2014The food and the view were both fantastic and lived up to it's name. However, the service was mediocre. We had to continually ask for a water refill, drink refill, bread refill. Wait staff seemed to disapeer and hang out in the bar or the airconditioned main room.Special Features:
- very dissapointingluvfoodDined on 8/10/2014The only thing that was good was our server Majorie - she was so sweet & very attentive- she deserves a special not for the lacking food she had to serve. The food was such poor quality and tasteless that they should be ashamed to serve it not to mention the price they charges for it! The Mahi didn't even look or taste like mahi - the baked potato (that was so cold we had to return) was three times bigger than the mahi and we didn't even attempt to taste the greasy cold tempura fried vegetable (we could not even figure out what it was) At least we had good wine to keep drinking to forget about the food.Special Features:
- Don't goleanneVIPDined on 8/7/2014We read mixed reviews prior to dining, and should have listened to the bad ones. We had 8:15 dinner reservations for a party of 5. Everything seemed great for the first hour through our salads course, and then we waited another hour for our entrees. It took over 2 hours to receive them. This was not a long leisurely meal, as other tables received their food within an hour all around us. When we did receive them, 2 out of the 5 we're not what we ordered. They even ran out of bread which we asked for more of while waiting. They didn't offer to bring anything else out in its place. Overall the worst fine dining experience I've ever had - don't waste your money and more importantly your time!!!
- The following 96 reviews are from the Atlantic's Edge reviews archive.
- LBrennanDined on 7/15/2014I had the catch of the day it was a swordfish steak placed upon a wave of lobster mashed potatoe with a bit of truffle sauce. It was the best I have ever eaten (it did not taste rubbery or like tuna) it was done perfectly. My son loved the cheese pairings and the mini key lime pie!Special Features:
- AmazingLucilleVIPDined on 7/1/2014We have eaten at a ton of restaurants but this one wowed us! The guava glazed mahi mahi was fresh and delicious and so was the local catch, hog fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewTodiforDined on 6/13/2014If you want a great view,great food and plenty of fun go to Atlantic Edge.Special Features:
- Loved it!!funtimes2Dined on 6/7/2014My husband and I recently spent 3 days at the Cheeca Lodge and all our meals were at Atlantic Edge. Everything we had was wonderful......breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Saw no reason to go anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAmbienceVIPDined on 5/21/2014You can't get much better than this. Sitting directly on the Atlantic edge, candles and torches all around. Beautiful plantings. The food was exceptional and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- Oh the view!!HappygirlVIPDined on 5/10/2014Lobster crab cakes were delicious. My husband enjoyed the oven roasted whole yellowtail snapper. The service was less than stellar for us but we observed other tables getting excellent service. We were staying at a different resort and resort guests appeared to be getting more personal and deferential treatment. The view was worth it. Dine outside.Special Features:
- Awesome diningTomkVIPDined on 4/24/2014Beautiful location. Had me sold on the view. The food and service were equally as good. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great place! Eat here twiceIopbeachgirlVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great place! Eat here twice in 2012 it was THAT good. 2014 stayed at the hotel so we knew we would be back! It did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance but slowKvstDined on 2/8/2014We enjoyed a pleasant meal dining outside on the patio. As expected, it was pricey, but the food and surroundings merited the price. The service was very pleasant but the kitchen was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not great food.FrequentDinerVIPDined on 2/4/2014Very good but not great food. Right on the ocean so spectacular ambience. Great service from waiter and later from bartenders at outside bar.Special Features:
- Great food in a beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014My husband and I were vacationing in Miami and were looking for something off the beaten track. We had heard of the Cheeca Lodge through Jetsetter and decided to drive down to the Keys and have dinner there. The drive was longer than we thought but the meal and the surroundings were well worth it. We sat right by the beach and the ambience was lovely, with the moonlight on the water and the torches lit at night. Our meal was outstanding, from appetizer through dessert. The service could have been just a little more attentive, as we often had to wait or search for our server to come back to the table. But otherwise the service was fine. We really liked this place a lot and hope to come back and stay overnight there.Special Features:
- The food and view were extraordinarMikeDined on 11/29/2013The food and view were extraordinary, but what made our lunch very special was the waiter. I don't recall his name, but he was wonderful and made the experience extra special.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, our restaurantPennyDined on 11/28/2013Unfortunately, our restaurant dinner reservation was changed the week before to a Thanksgiving buffet. The food was very good but there were many large family parties and it was extremely noisy. We felt we had not gone to such an expensive restaurant to have to get up to serve ourselves and fight the crowds at the buffet.
- Perhaps it should have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2013Perhaps it should have been expected (it was Thanksgiving evening) but the noise level and the commotion did not provide for a very enjoyable atmosphere. Too many people in a space that was not adequate (in our view) for comfortable back and forth to the buffet tables. Plenty of food though. The staff were excellent and were trying very hard to accommodate everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty spot,we were in a cornerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Pretty spot,we were in a corner table and forgotten about a little,other than that it was pretty good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2013My wife and I stayed at the Cheeca Lodge recently for our 16th Anniversary and had dinner at Atlantic's Edge. We had nothing but 5 Star Service and the food was incredible! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinner bymiamifoodieVIPDined on 10/22/2013Had a wonderful dinner by the ocean under The moonlight! Seafood was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and atmospherenolaDined on 10/17/2013Great food, service, and atmosphere with outside seating and ocean view. Enjoyed the dinner and have no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal and weekendTigerwkndDined on 10/12/2013Every meal at the restaurant was fabulous! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The celebratory dinner was wonderful from the view to the drinks to the food - just exceptional. We will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food with beautiful viewblondeparrotheadDined on 10/11/2013My husband and I recently dined at Atlantic's Edge while we were vacationing at the Cheeca Lodge as it is on the property. It was a beautiful location - with a view of the ocean. We ordered the seafood tower which was fabulous. The shrimp were huge and plentiful. I had the fish special - the barrel fish which was prepared beautifully. My husband had the crab cakes which were delicious. When we arrived the dining room was rather empty but as the evening progressed and the inside and outside patio became more crowded we would lose our waiter but that was really a minor issue. All in all, great meal at a great location.Special Features:
- Not Award WinningabsolutelyfancyVIPDined on 9/21/2013Looking forward to enjoying fresh fish in the Florida Keyes we ate at Atlantic Edge, we found it far from award winning in food and service. Our ambiance for our romantic evening was a screaming child a few tables away. We started with the grilled octopus which which had no flavor, and no grill marks, the mussels were very small, not white and plump. I ordered the yellow tail for dinner which was cooked well and tasty, I found the puréed plantains and coriander sauce too sweet. My husband ordered the fish of the day which was trigger fish, it tasted old and had a mushy texture so he didn't eat it. They even missed the mark on desert, the sorbet had little flavor and tasted like plastic. Overpriced and under delivered!
- Cheeca lodge the bestBandADined on 9/14/2013cheeca lodge and there staff are second to none once again.my wife and I have made cheeca an annual getaway and never have any disappointments. All our friendly and helpful and the food is just awesome ...can't wait till next sept!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerCMBJDined on 8/24/2013Staying at the Cheeca Lodge we decided to try their restaurant. We have had better food at a local place but enjoyed it. It is pricey with a waiter that had to be on "something" for he was flying around, trying to get you to order anything to run the bill up. If we return we will try other restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I dined atITVictoriaDined on 8/18/2013My husband and I dined at Atlantic's Edge during our one year anniversary trip to Cheeca Lodge. There are options to sit indoors or outdoors and both offered a quiet setting with a view to the ocean. During the day for lunch, we sat outdoors and enjoyed the view and breeze under the covered patio. For dinner, the wait staff came by periodically to offer different types of bread and ensured our glasses were never empty. In addition to the great service, the food was outstanding! The steak was cooked to perfection and the crème brulee and warm chocolate cake were sinfully wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful setting and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2013From the minute we checked in till we left service was wonderful. The restaurant as well as hotel grounds are beautiful. We were there for my sons birthday and they brought out dessert without even reminding them. The food was excellent and the service was second to none. Do not recall the servers name but he was wonderful keeping us up to date about when food was coming out. Had seafood pasta and mahi which was one of the best mahi mahi dishes I have had. Living in florida and eating mahi all the time it says a lot about the chef. When in the keys do not miss for a beautiful setting and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dinner (forNYFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2013We had a great dinner (for two) and it was very romantic. A must go to when in IslamoradaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service ratingcharlestonfoodieDined on 6/17/2013We had a wonderful young man, Ben, as our server. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and made a good reccomendation for my meal.He was very personable and a plus to the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a very nice restaurant.PalmBeacher2Dined on 6/8/2013It was a very nice restaurant. The hotel was totally booked and we had reservations. However, they were not needed as we were the only couple in the restaurant from 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.! Even though the waiter was just standing around (and obviously not busy, since there were no patrons), he did not check on us after the food was served. Finally, we flagged down another waitress to please provide assistance as we needed more sauce. The food was very good but we would probably not return. They told us there are a lot of social parties and gatherings at the hotel and not many people eat at the restaurants. It is a beautiful location as it is directly on the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningSkyrunnerDined on 5/18/2013Eating outside has always been my favorite kind of dinner. The sunset was beautiful even though we were on the bay side of the beach, but the colors were soft and peaceful. seating was fairly comfortably and spaced comfortably enough that you could pull out your chair without hitting another customer. The food was over the top good size portions and the hummingbird cake was delicious!Special Features:
- Overall a poor service and foodLuvpeking1VIPDined on 5/14/2013Food was cold, although there were only a few tables. Our server was rushing us to the max .Special Features:
- Beautiful place - good foodstlfoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2013This is a lovely spot for a nice dinner on a laid back key. The food was quite good - my only disappointment was the ceviche which was very bland. Service was great and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful dining room overlookingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/7/2013Beautiful dining room overlooking the Atlantic Ocean... Exciting and creative menu, the chef's amuse-bouche was a tasty tomato and cheese skewer, the salads were fresh and the was seafood swimming hours before... The service was so-so, matronly lady seemed out of place for such a vibrant restaurant, also not a fan of the SCREAM children in the middle of the restaurant and then the pretentious father reading "Good Night Moon" on the top of his lungs to the entire room...Special Features:
- Atlantic's Edge was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2013Atlantic's Edge was great! Our food and drinks were fantastic, the service was top-notch and very attentive. Only issue was kids wandering through and making lots of noise.Special Features:
- Seated outdoors on a warmOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2013Seated outdoors on a warm March evening, Atlantic's Edge offered a prime ocean view for our last evening in the Keys. Our server was very friendly and knowledgable. The food was very good and nicely presented. However, an otherwise relaxing evening was interrupted by parties with small children in tow. The children were seated at separate tables and when they finished before the adults, they were up and about moving between the tables. Cheeca is a resort so of course families are to be expected. We were expecting a more adult setting at 8:30 in the evening. Enjoy the view food and the view. Just don't dine there thinking it will be a quiet romantic experience. It won't be.Special Features: