Atlantica at the Allegria
80 West Broadway
Long Beach, NY 11561Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Atlantica at the Allegria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.allegriahotel.com/
- Phone: 5169923730x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday Seafood Dinner: 6:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raed Jallad
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantica at the Allegria
The Atlantica is the Signature restaurant of the Allegria Hotel; Long Island's Only Luxury Oceanfront Hotel! The Atlantica offers breakfast, lunch & dinner year round. Chef Raed Jallad elegantly composes exquisite dishes that indulge the senses. From the Wine Room to the Outdoor Terrace, Dine and Gaze over the endless Atlantic Ocean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Atlantica at the Allegria - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Atlantica at the Allegria reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (15)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We were not allegria with AllegriaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I went for a special occasion and was disappointed. The service was terrible.The food was good not great and the restaurant was very loud. The staff was not professional at all. The bartenders and wait staff were unimpressive. I am truly sorry because the location is perfect and I wanted to love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to look at but.....RELBNYVIPDined on 8/14/2014Atlantica @ the Allegria, should have been a completely wonderful dining experience, however all the eye candy in the world will not make up for competence in the Kitchen... The cocktails were perfectly made and the Sushi appetizers were delicious. of the 3 main courses that we had at our table 2 of them were sub par... the Sea Bass was under-cooked and tough and the Mango Salsa on the Mahi Mahi was made 5 minutes before the dish was served and the mango should have been left on the tree a few weeks longer. The waiter was understanding and helped out with a round of cocktails comped... the other meal in our party was for a person with food allergies and the meal was perfect. they should get their .... together, it could be a great place.
- Our service was terrific.redherringDined on 8/9/2014Our waiter was great, helpful with the menu selections, attentive to our needs, and never an interruption. The one drawback was the small table next to the column with obstructed view. Crab cakes and grilled shrimp salads were good and prices appropriate. You can't beat the view or atmosphere here. Our service was sterling. We enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlantica RestaurantloveagoodrestaurantDined on 8/6/2014I liked the restaurant for dinner, but the kitchen is a little slow. ok if you are out for a long evening, but not good if you have to send a steak back because it was not cooked correctlyin the first place. Asked for medium rare, it came out very well done, so i sent it back. It did not come out again for 30 minutes, at which time the entire table had finished and had their plates cleared. Breakfast the next morning was also slow. The restaurant was not crowded and there was a buffet, so I was surprised that our breakfast of eggs, crepes and pancakes took over 30 minutes to arrive. What did come out was very tasty though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outamazingDined on 7/31/2014This is the place where you have a chance to get dress up and enjoy a fancy drink. Food is just average, service is good and get ready to overpay. It is prices of the finest NYC restaurants.Special Features:
- gourmet choices. too many bugsDineNotEatDined on 7/31/2014Scallop risotto was amazing and the desserts were excellent. The decor is high end and a bit over the top for the beach. But they offer another end of the spectrum and seem successful, so God Bless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectLucyDined on 7/23/2014Brought our 101 year old aunt for a birthday lunch. The food and ambiance were perfect. The service was at times, slow. Felt like the waiter might have been stretched a little thin, though the place was not crowded. He was polite and accommodating when asked.Special Features:
- Dinner with a viewseafan1Dined on 7/21/2014Had dinner at Atlantica during a girls trip with my mom and sister. Asked for a table by the window and we got it, looking on to the Boardwalk and beach. It was great for people watching during dinner. The food was delicious and very fresh seafood. The service was excellent as well. When we return to the area I would definitely make a trip back to Atlantica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Setting with Average FoodTruffleLoverDined on 7/21/2014With views of the beach and sleek, modern decor Atlantica is gorgeous. Unfortunately the service was marginal at best. The food was below average. My mother had the salmon and could barely cut it because it was so overcooked. The same was true for my scallops. The waiter was aloof and snobby. Given the restaurant was empty (Monday Lunch at 1:00) I would think he would be a little more attentive and nice to us. I have eaten at the best restaurants all over the world as well as many hole-in-the walls and was never treated so curtly.
- View and Cold Seafood Topsbabybaby0Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I have had both Sunday Brunch and the Friday Seafood Buffet this year. The visual setting within the restaurant and the view from the windows are everything you'd expect. The only drawback in the atmosphere at dinner is that the dining area is adjacent to the l'Onda lounge, which produces a rather lively (though not unpleasant) auditory background rather than the soft, romantic one a couple of old fogeys like us would have preferred. At brunch, there's live piano music. The cold seafood (lobster, delicious colossal shrimp, great crab claws, clams and oysters, caviar at dinner) justify the stiff price. The salads and hot food are good, but it's the cold shellfish and the view that make this a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 267 reviews are from the Atlantica at the Allegria reviews archive.
- 5 Year Anniversary DisappointmentRLI75VIPDined on 11/9/2013Never checked in our reservation so I had to reconnect with Open Table to get my points. Clear as day on the reservation...It was our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary...The friendly hostess, waitress, and manager were friendly...but did not wish us a happy anniversary or even buy us a drink! Food was expensive and just OK and portions small...Nine Bucks for Tomato Soup and twelve for Caesar Salad...REALLY?!?! It was off-season on the beach so we thought maybe there would be a special menu? Nope...
- Atlantica at the AllegriaVictorDined on 10/25/2013The service was horrible. The waitress did not stop by til 40 min after we sat down to drop off the menus. She returns 15 mins later and at this point we had to ask for a wine menu. The worst thing is there were less than 10 tables between a few wait staff.Special Features:
- Lobster and shrimp to die forgdfdmavineVIPDined on 10/20/2013The view of the Atlantic was worth the price in itself. The service by teh whole staff throughout our meal was excellent. The food at the Brunch table was the best I ever had and there never was a period when you were rushed to eat or had to wait for any line at any buffet table. It was an evenly paced experience. Even the drinks that were served with the brunch were just as scrumptious. i would recommend this restaurant for anyone who enjoys a relaxing Sunday afternoon overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.Special Features:
- The quality of the food haslikestoeatVIPDined on 8/23/2013The quality of the food has certainly improved since the restaurant opened. Our servers were eager to please but a bit rough around the edges. Considering the prices, the restaurant staff (including the service director and greeter) could use more training. In reality this venue is really a large bar that just happens to have a decent restaurant attached to it with a current chef who produces fairly high quality food, probably the best food to be had in what is largely a drinking town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best brunch spots!JenniferDVIPDined on 7/21/2013This place is one of the best brunch spots I have ever been to hands down! The all inclusive brunch has everything you could possibly want to eat (lobster, sushi, shrimp, waffles and ice cream) and every champagne cocktail drink known to man...mango, peach, pear, guava and orange (of course). What a delight...can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Review!!!!!FLAGuestsDined on 7/20/2013Service was exemplary! We could not have asked for more. With several children in our party, the waiters exhibited such patience and humor; they were helpful to the boys, explained the menu items, were amusing and funny - yet, still very poised and proper to us all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2013I have dined at the Atlantica many times since it opened and the service has always been hit or miss.....mostly miss. I continually return because of the ambience and location, hopeful that things will turn around. I am happy to say that the service was excellent this night and I am hopeful that the new management team is maybe making some changes and working on training the staff. Food was excellent.
- Special occasion gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2013Salads were inventive and NOT drenched in dressing. Just delicious. Salmon was cooked to order and vegetables perfect. We were able to get plain grilled salmon which was not on the menu (a lobster sauce was the usual cooking method) as I couldnot eat the shellfish sauce. Additionally, i preferred vegetables which were not the usual side. Staff attentive. Wine very reasonally prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and serviceBubblesVIPDined on 7/12/2013Very good food and service - very noisy not for romantic diningSpecial Features:
- Disappointing Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2013I am a retired chef and was very much looking forward to dining here. My poached pear and fig salad was tasteless except for the over lemony dressing. I ordered the French Cut Chicken for an entree and when I received it it was so overcooked and dry I sent it back (something I never do). I ordered the fresh pasta and seafood instead knowing that it would not take that long. My wife was done with her dinner before I complained to the maitre 'd who really didn't seem to care. My entree came moments later and the pasta was raw, not al dente, raw. At that point I ate what I could, paid the check and vowed never to return. I passed the maitre 'd on the way out and when he saw me he looked the other way.Special Features:
- Lunch for twoEater6Dined on 7/4/2013My boyfriend and I sampled many appetizers for our lunch and had a few cocktails. Everything was delicious but we had to wait 30 minutes to be served. Once our waitress showed up, service was fine. Overall it was a good experience in a magnificently beautiful locationSpecial Features:
- HORRIBLE RESTAURANT!!! BEWARE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2013Our dinner at the Atlantica was simply "horrible". We dined on June 30th First of all, place was empty, one other couple....I asked for a window seat....the hostess literally rolled her eyes at me and then sat us next to the window with a column blocking the entire view! The table was too small,I asked for the next table (there were like 10 open window tables with beautiful views!) Again, i got the rolling of her eyes. Our waitress not good..... for a place like this that charges this price! They send a bread girl to your table....not a bread basket! You can literally have 1 roll! Thats it! Salad fit in palm of your hand for $13! Horrible! Filet mignon was mystery meat, more like a potroast, simply horrible. Don't dine here! Food Bad!Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/11/2013The food was really pretty good, and the view (when you look beyond the Sandy-destroyed remnants of the boardwalk, is wonderful. The service was really mixed--our waiter flew by a few times, and barely stopped long enough to take our order--everyone else was great, but he was largely absent and we ended up waiting a long time for him to bring our bill and then to process it.Special Features:
- View was great as long youbonitababeVIPDined on 6/4/2013View was great as long you did not look down...sand had not been raked or cleaned...garbage in direct view...food was average and very pricey. Service was very slow.
- Wanna beSELIDined on 5/24/2013This place is trying to be something it's not. Not organized, service was terrible, food was nothing special and the filet was the worst I've seen. Will not be going back.
- Beautiful restaurantpinklady13VIPDined on 5/23/2013We had a delicious dinner with excellent service. We will definitely be back. This is a very special occasion restaurant. Everything about it was outstanding. Thank yo so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service lackingKatKDined on 5/22/2013My fiance & I have been to the Atlantica since it opened, & last nt -- our anniversary, the anniversary of us getting engaged right outside -- was the 1st time I've been disappointed. Food, as always, was outstanding. When I made the reservation, I mentioned it was our anniversary. My fiance thinks that's why we were in the far corner. That could account for the long lag time btwn getting our menu & the server taking our order in the beginning, but for the rest of the nt he disappeared. Never checked on us when we got entrees, took 30 min to get our check, busboys took our wine orders, would have loved fresh pepper. Don't know if he was new, but managers never checked on us either. I'll go back for the food, just fair warning to y'all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING BRUNCH!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013You definitely get your moneys worth with this brunch. It is reasonably priced for the amount of food/unlimited mimosas & bloody mary's they serve as well as for the the quality of food. There is an abundance of fresh, perfectly cooked seafood. It is by fair the best brunch food I have ever had! The music in the main dining room was a bit loud for a Mother's Day Brunch. They had a pianist playing where the buffet was and that should have been streamed into the main dining area. The host/hostesses were very attentive but the general wait staff was difficult at times to get a hold of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One better than the next....ACALLVIPDined on 5/10/2013Start out with a spectacular location, interesting & tastful modern decor, exceptional views of the ocean, extremely friendly, helpful & courteous staff, impeccable & attentive waitress service, delicious food coupled with exciting presentation & you will know the dining experience I had last night. Be jealous, or just go see for yourself....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the special rib eye formunseyVIPDined on 4/12/2013Had the special rib eye for two which was essentially tasteless. Apps and side were fine as was dessert. Service friendly and competent. Loved the bar. Will go back for scenery and try food again.Special Features:
- Lovely but long.glodziegirlDined on 4/6/2013Another lovely night at the Atlantica with my daughter. New menu is more casual, but prices are still special occasion. Miss certain things from the old menu but food was lovely. Service is excrutiatingly slow, despite only being half full. Over 2 hours for dinner, and we didn't dawdle with drinks. We weren't in a hurry but it was beyond leisurely. They need to get it together with the new chef before the summer season.Special Features:
- Worst service ever... TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Worst service ever... The entree I ordered came out completely different from what was listed on the menu and it took 45 minutes for anyone to even come over and check, and by then it was cold and in edible. It wasn't even taken off the check! Then we go finally got the drinks we ordered an hour prior. Oh and they were out of everything we tried to order. Never going back!
- Place is beautiful, We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013Place is beautiful, We were here 6:30 on a Friday night. This place is in the heart of the area devistated by Sandy so we were surprised that it was even open. The crowd picked up a little as the night went on.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013One of the best meals we have had in a very long time on Long Island. We are so happy this hotel getting rebuild after Sandy. The restaurant and Lounge are in perfect condition. Lobby Is about halfway finished. The food was amazing! Expensive because we went on Valentine's Day but well worth it.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. On theMarlarVIPDined on 12/15/2012Food was excellent. On the expensive side but you pay for what you get and in this case good food equals more expensive meal).Special Features:
- Wonderful food, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Wonderful food, attentive service and beautiful view!Special Features:
- Food was average at best andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2012Food was average at best and overpriced for the quality. some food came cold and was either overcooked or undercooked and over or under spiced. Staff was hard to find and mostly inexperienced. It's a shame as the location and ambiance are great. too bad the food, price and service were sub-par.Special Features:
- Still a disappointment.Mssy57Dined on 9/1/2012We ate here last August and were very disappointed. However the view is so amazing and the place is beautiful so we decided to give it another try. This time was worse. Service was distracted and disorganized. I had the steak sandwich which seemed like it was cooked in the microwave. The blueberry bread pudding was cold and rubbery. The coffee was also cold and had obviously been sitting around for a long time. Despite the beautiful view I think this was my last visit. So disappointing.Special Features:
- Great food reasonalbe prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2012Great food reasonalbe prices. I had the pre fix for $28.00, Soup or Salad a Sandwich & dessert. Very nice.Special Features:
- Upon arriving to the restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/27/2012Upon arriving to the restaurant, we are slightly turned off that there is a $15 fee for parking. We proceed upstairs to the restaurant which was less than half full. We, along with most patrons, were seated in the outer portion of the room, closer to the windows which look out onto the boardwalk. Surprisingly, there were many children at dinner at that time. Some were well behaved, some were not. I asked the waiter if we could be seated in a quieter section, and was given the option to move to the table right next to where we were seated. My fiance went to the hostess who gave us a different table in a quieter section. The service was mediocre. The food was mediocre. Perhaps it was an off night all around, but I will not return to Atlantica