761 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlanticfishco.com/
- Phone: 6172674000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday and Sunday 10am-11:30am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Danny Levesque
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantic Fish
Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlantic Fish - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Atlantic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
644 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (304)special occasion (287)great for outdoor dining (199)neighborhood gem (199)hot spot (164)great for lunch (159)romantic (145)good for groups (143)notable wine list (119)vibrant bar scene (82)great for brunch (74)late-night find (55)kid-friendly (44)scenic view (17)Show More
- Highly recommend!ZbatDined on 10/27/2014The swordfish was outstanding. Too many items that I wanted to try, will have to come back several times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014We went here for lunch on a weekday and had a great lobster roll and clam chowder! Good cocktail selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I last visited in 1994 and had what I recall as one of the best seafood meals ever. It has been a long time but managed to get back there on Sunday for a family celebration with my son who has just moved to Boston. A classic recipe for disappointment; but it was just as good as I remembered, everything fresh and cooked to perfection, with attentive staff and a great atmosphere. Thanks to you all!Special Features:
- One of my favorite in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Love this restaurant and always come back. Plus that night Jamie Lee Curtis was dining there, ha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticmsull9269Dined on 10/25/2014We dined here on Saturday 10-25 with a 7:15 reservation. We were greeted and seated right away, our server Jim was informative and his recommendations for our meal were outstanding. The sea bass and the scallops were cooked perfectly and the sides were just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014Our second visit to this wonderful place amid restaurant hub of Back Bay. From the clam chowder to the Key Lime pie, everything was fresh and delicious. The shrimp and scallop risotto main dish was the best risotto I've ever had. My husband loved his crab crusted haddock as well. The corn pudding side dish is worth the trip all by itself. We received excellent menu advice and timely service. Hot dishes arrived to the table piping hot. Bar choices are sufficient with many wines offered by the glass or as half bottles. We will plan to eat at Atlantic Fish Co. anytime we visit Boston. Reservations are a must. Outdoor seating also available out front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Fresh FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Fine dining, diverse fresh fish offerings and preparations. Very professional, high quality friendly staff. My wife and I had a lovely evening with our adult college age children. We look forward to returning upon our next trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014My mother and I had previously eaten at the Atlantic Fish Company and were very impressed by the food. So I made a reservation for my family to return for her birthday. The food was fresh, well seasoned, and our waiter was superb! He was very attentive, personable, and courteous. I loved how he used a guessing game to trick my mom when he brought out dessert with a candle for her birthday. She was so surprised and laughed at how he was able to fool her. We really had a wonderful time and the meals were just amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants quality seafood and great service. It's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014A memorable Saturday lunch , the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Great food Friendly atmosphereConelocDined on 10/24/2014Loved bing able to reserve ahead of time. Dined with our daughter and roommate while in town for parents weekend. Food was amazing, fish couldn't have been fresher. And very warm and friendly atmosphere. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itLarryDined on 10/24/2014First time in Boston and went here upon the recommendation of a friend - and was thoroughly pleased in every way. The service was friendly and efficient, and did not feel rushed in any way. The food was delicious - the lobster ravioli app was devoured between my wife and i in what seemed like seconds. Our entrees - surf and turf and the pan-seared sea bass were cooked perfectly and absolutely delicious. The after dinner cocktails were a great end to our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Food was great as always. The Chilean Seabass love it. Service was also great. Came to check on us at just the right times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMrsPotterDined on 10/22/2014The food was excellent, the service too. Our waiter was very nice and competent in suggesting which wine we should have ordered with our food choice.Special Features:
- good food - unpleasant servicehungrymanDined on 10/22/2014If you want fresh seafood prepared well, you can't go wrong here. the service however is another story. All of the hosts were curt and somewhat unwelcoming and the wait staff can best be described as 'officious' and slow. It was a busy night so I understand how that would play into this but it seemed that the attitude issues are staff wide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let DownHartman2505Dined on 10/19/2014I ordered the "San Francisco Cioppino" The portion of seafood in the dish was outstanding. I would compare the taste of the dish to "a bunch of seafood boiled in tomato soup". Very bland/over powering fishy taste. I would rate the dish as flat out not tasting good. I ordered a bottle of wine that they did not have in stock anymore. They offered a more expensive bottle, charged us for the more expensive bottle instead of at the price of the bottle that we wanted & then gave it high reviews saying they tasted similar. The bottle of wine was no where near similar and lacked body. The Server and Service was outstanding! The Server was the best thing about the meal. Over priced for how it taste.
- Lively place!Elsie13Dined on 10/19/2014This place was rammed on a Sunday night with locals and tourists alike and luckily we had pre booked a table. This is seafood heaven with a really wide choice. We went for the lobster feast, as it included clam chowder, lobster, muscles as well as huge clams, corn on the cob and potatoes, so there was plenty for the two of us. It is noisy so not a place for romantic couples and service is not overly attentive which was fine by us. So overall, a great place to have seafood in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014The food was unbelievable. My husband says he would rate his meal as one of his top 3 ever. The waiter was extremely professonal and added to a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch SpotFoodieWinoDined on 10/19/2014Restaurant is right off Boylston Street, so provided a good location for people-watching as well as dining. Reservations are definitely required for dinner, however brunch seemed to be less trafficked (at least this time). Servers were attentive and polite, and kept the coffee cups filled. We ordered eggs benedict, one with lobster and one with filet. The clam chowder is boasted as the best in the city, and I would agree it was a step up from most restaurants I've tried. Portion sizes were very generous although you may struggle to finish the whole plate. Atmosphere was relaxed, and if you can request a seat by the window for some cheery lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+FessDined on 10/18/2014Very fresh seafood ! Incredible lobster and swordfish was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahMVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food and service were fabulous. My daughter and I shared soup and thy were kind enough to out it in two bowls.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Generally a good place for a leisurely evening meal, relatively consistent standards.Special Features:
- Don't order lobster!BarbVIPDined on 10/18/2014We ordered the lobster with crab dressing which was a disappointment. The dressing hardly tasted of crab (for $10 more!), and the lobster was rubbery. Perhaps a different fish selection would have been better. Thanks to Open Table, our table was ready for us when we arrived. even though it was Saturday night and there were a lot of people waiting for a table. The service was professional, but we could have used some suggestions. For seafood in Boston, I'll go elsewhere next time.Special Features:
- Wide variety of seafoodRichDined on 10/18/2014Been to Atlantic Fish several times and as always it was very good. The selection of entrees is varied with each entree presented appealingly. I have had two versions of swordfish both the Mediterranean and the piccata and and both are highly reccommended.My wife's salmon was grilled perfectly and the accompanying sweet potatoes and young green beans provided a delightful meal. The wine selection is outstanding. The only imperfection for this meal was that the waiter was somewhat inattentive- having to return to the table to clarify the order and he had to be asked to bring bread to go with the appetizers. This has never happened in all of my visits here so I'm thinking it was just an off moment for a resturant truly worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frustrating experienceMaryteDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I, ordered the same meal. Swordfish. We got a single plate with oily vegetables with the overcooked fish on top delivered by an assistant without any personal contact. The food looked bad and the taste was poor. Never again.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great AmbienceFoodTravelLoversDined on 10/17/2014Visited Boston for the first time for a conference this past weekend. We were told by friends to make sure we had a meal at this restaurant. Luckily, we made reservations ahead of time. The night we arrived there was a long wait of people trying to get in. The food, predominately seafood, was out out of this world, Food was well prepared and seasoned. Enjoyed it very much. Good place to go in downtown Boston. Was so close to our hotel (Marriott Copley Place) that we walked there and walked around the city after dinner too. Great place!Special Features:
- OK, not greatNancyDined on 10/17/2014We went for a late lunch at about 3pm on a Friday. It was busy but not packed. The ambience is nice; not fancy but very nice, especially for a lunch. The service was good. The food was OK but nothing to write home about. We had the crab cakes for an appetizer. They had decent flavor but were pretty gooey inside. For my entrée, I had the lobster roll. Again, it was OK, but the lobster was mostly the smaller bits, very little claw or tail meat and pretty salty. In all, it seems an OK place to go for a more upscale lunch (app + meal => $38) for what is probably reliable quality. Perhaps their daily catch entrees are more outstanding. I would try it again if I was in the area and wanted seafood, but I wouldn't seek it out as a destination.
- Wonderful Seafood RestaurantBigdaddyDined on 10/15/2014Great dining experience in Boston. Wonderful seafood dishes and very vibrant atmosphereSpecial Features:
- DeliciousCblgVIPDined on 10/15/2014We go there every time we are in Boston for the delicious fish and seafood. It is lively but not too loud, service is great , a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Excellent food Great server would definitely go back next time in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParmaVIPDined on 10/13/2014I was quite shocked at how good the food was at Atlantic Fish. I will definitely return to get oysters and the crab and lobster Louie.Special Features:
- Very Slow. Mixed up all sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/13/2014Went here with an interview candidate - had to rush through the meal since the food took forever to come out (at least 30 min+). Poor service either - the waiter made it sound like the slow food was our fault for not ordering earlier. While he could have warned us that if we order our meals after our appetizers the food would be slow, he at least could have been apologetic that it was taking so long. Also, all our sides were off - instead of fries and spinach, I got fries and asparagus; instead of rice pilaf and asparagus, my colleague got brussel sprouts and broccoli. Poor execution and attention to detail. While I like the food that I got, I'm considering not coming here for lunch with a candidate again - its too big of risk
- My go to for seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Whenever I have visitors in town Atlantic Fish is a must on the dining list. Always delicious. Always great service. Always the best!Special Features:
- Just perfectMarcDined on 10/12/2014Great food, great staff, great spot. Reserve in advance. Ours with Open Table allowed us to have a table by the window !Special Features:
- Sunday brunchKCswimmerVIPDined on 10/12/2014Had a delightful Sunday 11am brunch. Our waiter, Tony, was most helpful in recommending his favorites on the menu. Started with a Bloody Mary which was well garnished and came with ample horseradish as requested. Love the horseradish texture as well as the taste in my drink. Wife had clam chowder which she delightfully exclaimed had more clams and was better than any other we had during our visit to Boston, and probably the best ever. I had the fish stew which contained a generous amount of white fish and oyster content and was delightfully seasoned. The French toast with berries and Grand Marnier was exceptional. I had Eggs Benedict with lobster and filet. Simply divine. Can't say any better than this.Special Features:
- fine dining w fine seafoodready2goDined on 10/11/2014We headed out for a family dinner to celebrate a 40th birthday with 2 kids 8 and 10. We were looking for something fancy so we can dress up and have the gourmet food selection that they bday boy would enjoy. Fried oysters were the best we have ever had, lemon sole was flaky and accented by the perfect beurre blanc sauce and the cioppino had a great selection of jumbo shrimps, mussels, lobster, scallops and clams in a flavorful spicy saffon sauce. So good. While we sat at a table close to the kitchen the chefs behind the glass entertained the girls by showing them lobsters and showing them plated desserts. So we also ended our meal with creme brulee, chocolate marquis was amazing. Leave room for the creme brulee. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bob1Dined on 10/11/2014One of the best seafood meals I have had a long time the service was excellent and the price was right it truly is a five-star restaurant.Special Features:
- AnnniversaryLov2eatDined on 10/11/2014Two hours early for our reservation, seated right away. Waited (5) minutes for a waiter. Given a free appetizer, waiter gave us a free desert. Great place will eat there again. We found it was a great place to dine on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great!BarnzieDined on 10/10/2014Every time I come to Boston, Atlantic Fish is on my list of things to do. Love the clam chowder and fried oysters! Crab cakes are all crab barely held together. Lobster roll was amazing! Still my favorite Boston spot.Special Features:
- Hostess ruined our dinner!TravelingfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Normally I am not one to write reviews but this experience warranted one. We had reservations & were told that they were running 15 minutes behind - not ideal but we ok. Then we were seated at the front of the restaurant where it was insanely cold. My husband went to say something & they told us they couldn't help & we could wait for a bar seat. After pushing they said they would see what they could do but then NEVER did anything or followed up. They were rude & condescending to my husband. We are a 30 something bi-racial couple & I feel we were treated very differently than other couples. If it wasn't for our wonderful waiter Nicholas we would've left. No one deserves to be treated that poorly especially with the cost of that dinner!Special Features:
- crowdedurslorDined on 10/10/2014loved the lobster bisque,lobster raviolis and key lime pie. The wines were fairly priced if you chose wisely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.