761 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlanticfishco.com/
- Phone: 6172674000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday and Sunday 10am-11:30am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Danny Levesque
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantic Fish
Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlantic Fish - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Atlantic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
621 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (276)fit for foodies (273)great for outdoor dining (202)neighborhood gem (189)great for lunch (162)hot spot (149)romantic (141)good for groups (131)notable wine list (124)great for brunch (84)vibrant bar scene (74)late-night find (49)kid-friendly (39)scenic view (16)Show More
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We went there for the second time in two weeks. We are from Ottawa and we were meeting a couple from Manchester, UK who we have known a long time and are very special to us. We wanted to end our visit with a special meal and we were not disappointed. The food was great, the server was a lot of fun and we had a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We were really looking forward to dining at the Atlantic fish co after reading the reviews and checking it out on line The seat we were shown to was covered in bread crumbs ,my wife's cutlery was dirty.I ordered a bottle of water as we sat down which took at least ten minutes to arrive .My wife ordered scallops wrapped in bacon which was fine and Chilean sea bas in garlic and breadcrumbs (average).I ordered the fish cake which was bland and poorly presented.The main course was the captains platter,I have had better presented and better tasting food off a street vendor,wish I had taken a photograph.The wine I ordered finally arrived after three attempts towards the end of the meal. All together a very disappointing experience for ourselves
- Best experience in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014Seafood was outstanding as was the service. The wine recommended went perfectly with the seafood. We hope to go back someday!Special Features:
- petyapetyaDined on 9/9/2014excellent fish. We had Atlantic Cod which was excellent. Hi quality east coast fish, excellent vegetables as sides, fine soups, fine wine, good meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful experienceCarlyVIPDined on 9/9/2014I would highly recommended this restaurant The food was fabulous and the service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Atlantic Fish LunchSinatraDined on 9/9/2014We were seated immediately after we were given a choice of inside or outside, booth or table Our waiter was pleasant, very knowledgeable about the menu, and willing to follow our dining pace. She brought delicious bread right away to have with our drinks. The food was fine but the cod was not quite as special as it usually is. One person raved about the Atlantic Haddock. The sides were special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We were visiting from dc and wanted to have a special meal on out last night as it was my boyfriends birthday. The food was awesome and the service was great. Everyone was very friendly. The portions were much larger than expected. The only thing I would complain about was that there seemed to be a lot of oil used for cooking everything; it didn't taste bad but was all over the plate. Sole was excellent and my boyfriend enjoyed his surf and turf; said the lobster was one of the best he had. Would love to return if we visit boston again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Striped BassCoolohladyDined on 9/5/2014The special was striped bass from Nantucket in a tomato based lobster sauce. The dish was perfect. The amount of lobster in the sauce was a surprise...it could have been a lobster dish. The fish was seasoned perfectly and lemon ricotta gnocci were superb. They had the texture of a cloud, soft and creamy. Loved the entire experience. This is a must stop when in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SeafoodrosnoDined on 9/5/2014Had the raw oysters and the San Fran Cioppino. Some of the best I've had. I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service; great foodVaneVIPDined on 9/5/2014I love this place, unfortunately my recent visit did not meet my expectations. My husband and I made a reservation to celebrate our 2 year anniversary; once we got there the place was packed, the maitre D was super busy but nice enough to help me find my table ( my husband was already there) . Our waiter took some time to arrive and he was always in a hurry; he didn't even go over the special ( until we asked); he never came by our table through the whole time; while I understand how busy it gets I think a place with this level should always serve the customers with high standards, this time it didn'tSpecial Features:
- Great experience!BostonGirl22Dined on 9/4/2014I went to Atlantic Fish for the first time this weekend and my experience was nothing less than wonderful! I live 5minutes outside of Boston and cannot believe I have not been to Atlantic Fish before! For a high-end restaurant they have a very large menu making it hard for anyone not to love! I was extremely pleased with the service we received from all staff members from the moment we walked into the restaurant. My company and I were also very happy with the appetizers, drinks and entrees! I never wrote a review on a restaurant before but this one definitely deserved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyjocksDined on 9/4/2014Best restaurant we have eaten at in Boston by a mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended , disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Atlantic Fish was very busy and our party of 4 had to wait a short time for the table, it happens. The team style service was slow and unorganized. The biggest disappointment was the food quality. We ordered two Lemon Sole and two Halibut dinners. The Sole was mushy and cold and the Halibut was very dry and tasteless. We were very disappointed and expected better for the money. My wife did not touch her entree (the Sole) and the waiter did not even ask if everything was alright with the plate. This restaurant may be cruising on a reputation.Special Features:
- FlavourFavouredFlavourFavouredDined on 9/3/2014Excellent service. Excellent food. Amazing Key Lime Pie. Will definitely recommend and return for another great meal if ever in Boston again.Special Features:
- Great food but....ETdUDined on 9/1/2014Its just one of those places where the food its great but the service is not.....they have a lot to work in that matter. For example the waiter didnt even serve us one time of the wine, I have to do it my self every time even if he passes by and saw our glasses empty.
- Good Fresh FishNaplesDinerDined on 8/31/2014Had dinner at Atlantic Fish August 31. The atmosphere at Atlantic Fish reminds me of a Morton's Steak House but for fish. They serve large quantities of lobster, oysters and all kinds of fish prepared in all ways imaginable. Carts are whizzing up and down the aisles stacked with food. The fish is fresh, well prepared and delicious. Our waiter was outstanding and we had an enjoyable evening. This is the kind of place you go with friends....loud and boisterous. I would not recommend this as a romantic or serious evening for two, as the place bustles. I'd definitely go again...Come with friends. have some fun and enjoy some well-prepared, fresh seafood!!Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantDrewNJVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent and service was good. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Fine food, difficult reservationdrj923Dined on 8/31/2014The food and the ambiance were both excellent, and the service was exemplary. However, I would only go here for a special occasion because you can't get a reservation between 6 and 9 unless you plan at least a week ahead. So, if you are an early bird, or a late nighted, you can just drop in for a very nice meal (figure on $50 a head without drinks), but otherwise, the place is too popular for a spontaneous drop in. The crab cake appetizer was excellent. The breads were high quality. Had tuna steak, rare, and it was high quality cut of fish, done just right. Shrimp scampi with perfectly cooked pasta--many places miss on the pasta, this was done right. Parking is an issue, and even though they validate for a $10 discount, it's EXPENSIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerMarkDined on 8/30/2014Had great meal - was seated in the restaurant on the border of outdoor dining - great view/seats/ambiance.Special Features:
- Favorite seafood in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We are frequent visitors to Boston. Boston is of course, famous for their seafood and there are many fine restaurants, but we feel this is the best. The seafood is fresh, the menu is creative, entrees delicious and service is exceptional. The hardest thing is making a choice, but we have never been disappointed! It is located in the Back bay on Boylston and if you get a table on the sidewalk, you can watch fans streaming to Fenway. But do not bring anyone who does not like seafood- there is no steak or poultry on this menu! Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!f00d1eDined on 8/30/2014The food here is absolutely the best!. The pan seared scallops are simple amazing (my favorite thing on the menu)! I highly recommend them. However, there are several items on the menu that are great. A friend dinning with us ordered the Lobster fra Diavolo with linguine. He raved about the spicy sauce and sweet lobster. Also, the staff is friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The Atlantic Fish Co. simple can't be missed. ...Make reservations, it's really that good.Special Features:
- Great restaurantCACabernetDined on 8/29/2014Excellent fish dishes and dessert! Great atmosphere, will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itMaryVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit. The menu contains varied choices everything we ate was delicious
- Glad I tried itRickyDVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've walked by many times thinking I should check this place out. The Restaurant Week menu looked good so I gave it a try for lunch. I had an excellent table with a people-watching view. I enjoyed the corn chowed with shrimp fritters, red snapper fish and chips and the cherry chocolate crepe. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experienceBigBillDined on 8/28/2014This is a well run restaurant. We were seated right away with our reservation at a very nice table. The wait staff were really helpful in guiding us and making suggestions. My wife had the scallops that were gritty and a little off in taste -- she was not impressed. I had a lemon sole that was well prepared and very tasty. The baked potato sides were really good. We are moving to Boston so that this will become a good choice when we are eating out.Special Features:
- First night in bostonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Fun location. We had a seat by the outside and the views were great. Lobster was excellent and the cod was wonderfully fresh with awesome ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster roll--the best EVER!!!LoriwDined on 8/28/2014What a treat to eat at Atlantic fish last Thursday! After eating here many times, it is always on my list of great dining venues & memorable meals while in Boston! In fact, having only one real meal in Boston--on my way through--I couldn't have chosen a better place! Service was efficient and non-intrusive. Lobster roll & Lobster/Crab Louie were devine!!!Special Features:
- Excellentlyndam113Dined on 8/27/2014Food was outstanding. Service was attentive. We arrived 15 minutes early for our reservation and even though the restaurant was packed (on a Wednesday night at 8), we were seated almost immediately. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lunch treating myselfoneurzuaDined on 8/27/2014I found a place where I can get always and treat myself for lunch in the Back Bay area, loved the whole experience. Will have to do this more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to returnDCJackVIPDined on 8/26/2014Visited in May. Returned recently with my son and father. Food terrific. Service first rate. Tony took care of us as he had before. He is exceptional. Sea bass chowder a winner. Pan seared a favorite. Simply where I intend to dine whenever in BostonSpecial Features:
- Terrific!Swp7722VIPDined on 8/26/2014Highly recommend for the location, ambience, menu offerings and food. We have veen several times, and each was a dining pleasure.Special Features:
- Business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Went here with customers who wanted seafood while in Boston. Easy taxi ride for them and convenient valet for me. Had drink at bar which was packed. Good pour on wine and liquor plus for them. Nice booth in back near kitchen. I had Katama Shore oysters (i do miss the Vineyard) and they were great. I also had the blackened Sword fish which was delicious. Also ordered Kale as side dish and was very good. Service was excellent and she even ran out of restaurant with my credit card (forgot to take). Customers also enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what my Boston trip neededLives2eatDined on 8/25/2014Only had a couple of days to visit. Wanted authentic local flavor. Was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Late evening want to be seen placeviewtradeDined on 8/23/2014The food was great. The place is very trendy. The place was packed at 9:30 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food.. A few drawbacks.steveDined on 8/23/2014We usually love Atlantic Fish. The food is always very good. The service is also usually very good. We dined at Atlantic Fish this past Sat at around 10pm. The service was very slow.. and our drinks went mostly unfilled for much of the dinner. One complaint I have with Atlantic Fish is that their booths are quite cramped (We were a party of four (all average sized individuals). The tables are uncomfortably close to the booth. You feel like you are cutting your fish/steak in your lap.. with your elbows poking the person next to you. I understand that restaurants are businesses, and there is a need to maximize seating for peak times, but they squeezed in one booth too many on each row.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step above excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Every each time we're in Boston. This trip we went both Friday night and Saturday night!!! Ask for Nick to be your server. Such a pro and a great guy! Don't miss this fabulous restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive But Exceptional SeafoodjaydeejayVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went on a Saturday evening and the place was literally packed with people. Without a reservation we would have had a minimum two hour wait; that said, we never felt rushed during our meal. The restaurant has a very nice nautical atmosphere. We started with some excellent cocktails. The menu has a wide variety of seafood and the portions are large. We started with oysters Rockefeller, fried clams and grilled squid. The fresh fish can be ordered grilled, pan seared, blackened or oven baked with a choice of two sides. We had swordfish, lemon sole, cod, and scallops; everything was prepared perfectly, and beautifully presented. We did not have room for dessert. Our service was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealDME1Dined on 8/23/2014Service and food were first rate; however, a bit too noisy for my taste.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Simply our favorite Boston restaurant! Excellent fresh seafood dishes and outstanding service. Make a reservation...and request outdoor dining when weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Service and Foodoliverain8129Dined on 8/23/2014Atlantic Fish is the place I go to for any occasion and the place I take friends and family to when I visit. Every time they never fail to deliver excellent service and food, and topple the high expectations I already have for this restaurant. Our family that we had brough this time around had never been and were die hard Legal Seafood fans. They said that everything they had was better than legal seafood. There was a problem with my dish, however, but the server and manager immediately fixed it without a question. With excellent food, service, and atmosphere, I will continue to frequent Atlantic Fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.