761 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlanticfishco.com/
- Phone: 6172674000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday and Sunday 10am-11:30am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Danny Levesque
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantic Fish
Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlantic Fish - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Atlantic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
642 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (296)special occasion (279)great for outdoor dining (201)neighborhood gem (196)hot spot (164)great for lunch (156)romantic (144)good for groups (141)notable wine list (119)vibrant bar scene (80)great for brunch (74)late-night find (56)kid-friendly (44)scenic view (18)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The food was excellent, the service too. Our waiter was very nice and competent in suggesting which wine we should have ordered with our food choice.Special Features:
- good food - unpleasant servicehungrymanDined on 10/22/2014If you want fresh seafood prepared well, you can't go wrong here. the service however is another story. All of the hosts were curt and somewhat unwelcoming and the wait staff can best be described as 'officious' and slow. It was a busy night so I understand how that would play into this but it seemed that the attitude issues are staff wide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let DownHartman2505Dined on 10/19/2014I ordered the "San Francisco Cioppino" The portion of seafood in the dish was outstanding. I would compare the taste of the dish to "a bunch of seafood boiled in tomato soup". Very bland/over powering fishy taste. I would rate the dish as flat out not tasting good. I ordered a bottle of wine that they did not have in stock anymore. They offered a more expensive bottle, charged us for the more expensive bottle instead of at the price of the bottle that we wanted & then gave it high reviews saying they tasted similar. The bottle of wine was no where near similar and lacked body. The Server and Service was outstanding! The Server was the best thing about the meal. Over priced for how it taste.
- Lively place!Elsie13Dined on 10/19/2014This place was rammed on a Sunday night with locals and tourists alike and luckily we had pre booked a table. This is seafood heaven with a really wide choice. We went for the lobster feast, as it included clam chowder, lobster, muscles as well as huge clams, corn on the cob and potatoes, so there was plenty for the two of us. It is noisy so not a place for romantic couples and service is not overly attentive which was fine by us. So overall, a great place to have seafood in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014The food was unbelievable. My husband says he would rate his meal as one of his top 3 ever. The waiter was extremely professonal and added to a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch SpotFoodieWinoDined on 10/19/2014Restaurant is right off Boylston Street, so provided a good location for people-watching as well as dining. Reservations are definitely required for dinner, however brunch seemed to be less trafficked (at least this time). Servers were attentive and polite, and kept the coffee cups filled. We ordered eggs benedict, one with lobster and one with filet. The clam chowder is boasted as the best in the city, and I would agree it was a step up from most restaurants I've tried. Portion sizes were very generous although you may struggle to finish the whole plate. Atmosphere was relaxed, and if you can request a seat by the window for some cheery lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+FessDined on 10/18/2014Very fresh seafood ! Incredible lobster and swordfish was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahMVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food and service were fabulous. My daughter and I shared soup and thy were kind enough to out it in two bowls.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Generally a good place for a leisurely evening meal, relatively consistent standards.Special Features:
- Don't order lobster!BarbVIPDined on 10/18/2014We ordered the lobster with crab dressing which was a disappointment. The dressing hardly tasted of crab (for $10 more!), and the lobster was rubbery. Perhaps a different fish selection would have been better. Thanks to Open Table, our table was ready for us when we arrived. even though it was Saturday night and there were a lot of people waiting for a table. The service was professional, but we could have used some suggestions. For seafood in Boston, I'll go elsewhere next time.Special Features:
- Wide variety of seafoodRichDined on 10/18/2014Been to Atlantic Fish several times and as always it was very good. The selection of entrees is varied with each entree presented appealingly. I have had two versions of swordfish both the Mediterranean and the piccata and and both are highly reccommended.My wife's salmon was grilled perfectly and the accompanying sweet potatoes and young green beans provided a delightful meal. The wine selection is outstanding. The only imperfection for this meal was that the waiter was somewhat inattentive- having to return to the table to clarify the order and he had to be asked to bring bread to go with the appetizers. This has never happened in all of my visits here so I'm thinking it was just an off moment for a resturant truly worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frustrating experienceMaryteDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I, ordered the same meal. Swordfish. We got a single plate with oily vegetables with the overcooked fish on top delivered by an assistant without any personal contact. The food looked bad and the taste was poor. Never again.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great AmbienceFoodTravelLoversDined on 10/17/2014Visited Boston for the first time for a conference this past weekend. We were told by friends to make sure we had a meal at this restaurant. Luckily, we made reservations ahead of time. The night we arrived there was a long wait of people trying to get in. The food, predominately seafood, was out out of this world, Food was well prepared and seasoned. Enjoyed it very much. Good place to go in downtown Boston. Was so close to our hotel (Marriott Copley Place) that we walked there and walked around the city after dinner too. Great place!Special Features:
- OK, not greatNancyDined on 10/17/2014We went for a late lunch at about 3pm on a Friday. It was busy but not packed. The ambience is nice; not fancy but very nice, especially for a lunch. The service was good. The food was OK but nothing to write home about. We had the crab cakes for an appetizer. They had decent flavor but were pretty gooey inside. For my entrée, I had the lobster roll. Again, it was OK, but the lobster was mostly the smaller bits, very little claw or tail meat and pretty salty. In all, it seems an OK place to go for a more upscale lunch (app + meal => $38) for what is probably reliable quality. Perhaps their daily catch entrees are more outstanding. I would try it again if I was in the area and wanted seafood, but I wouldn't seek it out as a destination.
- Wonderful Seafood RestaurantBigdaddyDined on 10/15/2014Great dining experience in Boston. Wonderful seafood dishes and very vibrant atmosphereSpecial Features:
- DeliciousCblgVIPDined on 10/15/2014We go there every time we are in Boston for the delicious fish and seafood. It is lively but not too loud, service is great , a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Excellent food Great server would definitely go back next time in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParmaVIPDined on 10/13/2014I was quite shocked at how good the food was at Atlantic Fish. I will definitely return to get oysters and the crab and lobster Louie.Special Features:
- Very Slow. Mixed up all sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/13/2014Went here with an interview candidate - had to rush through the meal since the food took forever to come out (at least 30 min+). Poor service either - the waiter made it sound like the slow food was our fault for not ordering earlier. While he could have warned us that if we order our meals after our appetizers the food would be slow, he at least could have been apologetic that it was taking so long. Also, all our sides were off - instead of fries and spinach, I got fries and asparagus; instead of rice pilaf and asparagus, my colleague got brussel sprouts and broccoli. Poor execution and attention to detail. While I like the food that I got, I'm considering not coming here for lunch with a candidate again - its too big of risk
- My go to for seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Whenever I have visitors in town Atlantic Fish is a must on the dining list. Always delicious. Always great service. Always the best!Special Features:
- Just perfectMarcDined on 10/12/2014Great food, great staff, great spot. Reserve in advance. Ours with Open Table allowed us to have a table by the window !Special Features:
- Sunday brunchKCswimmerVIPDined on 10/12/2014Had a delightful Sunday 11am brunch. Our waiter, Tony, was most helpful in recommending his favorites on the menu. Started with a Bloody Mary which was well garnished and came with ample horseradish as requested. Love the horseradish texture as well as the taste in my drink. Wife had clam chowder which she delightfully exclaimed had more clams and was better than any other we had during our visit to Boston, and probably the best ever. I had the fish stew which contained a generous amount of white fish and oyster content and was delightfully seasoned. The French toast with berries and Grand Marnier was exceptional. I had Eggs Benedict with lobster and filet. Simply divine. Can't say any better than this.Special Features:
- fine dining w fine seafoodready2goDined on 10/11/2014We headed out for a family dinner to celebrate a 40th birthday with 2 kids 8 and 10. We were looking for something fancy so we can dress up and have the gourmet food selection that they bday boy would enjoy. Fried oysters were the best we have ever had, lemon sole was flaky and accented by the perfect beurre blanc sauce and the cioppino had a great selection of jumbo shrimps, mussels, lobster, scallops and clams in a flavorful spicy saffon sauce. So good. While we sat at a table close to the kitchen the chefs behind the glass entertained the girls by showing them lobsters and showing them plated desserts. So we also ended our meal with creme brulee, chocolate marquis was amazing. Leave room for the creme brulee. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bob1Dined on 10/11/2014One of the best seafood meals I have had a long time the service was excellent and the price was right it truly is a five-star restaurant.Special Features:
- AnnniversaryLov2eatDined on 10/11/2014Two hours early for our reservation, seated right away. Waited (5) minutes for a waiter. Given a free appetizer, waiter gave us a free desert. Great place will eat there again. We found it was a great place to dine on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great!BarnzieDined on 10/10/2014Every time I come to Boston, Atlantic Fish is on my list of things to do. Love the clam chowder and fried oysters! Crab cakes are all crab barely held together. Lobster roll was amazing! Still my favorite Boston spot.Special Features:
- Hostess ruined our dinner!TravelingfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Normally I am not one to write reviews but this experience warranted one. We had reservations & were told that they were running 15 minutes behind - not ideal but we ok. Then we were seated at the front of the restaurant where it was insanely cold. My husband went to say something & they told us they couldn't help & we could wait for a bar seat. After pushing they said they would see what they could do but then NEVER did anything or followed up. They were rude & condescending to my husband. We are a 30 something bi-racial couple & I feel we were treated very differently than other couples. If it wasn't for our wonderful waiter Nicholas we would've left. No one deserves to be treated that poorly especially with the cost of that dinner!Special Features:
- crowdedurslorDined on 10/10/2014loved the lobster bisque,lobster raviolis and key lime pie. The wines were fairly priced if you chose wisely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great boston restaurantPrincessdiDined on 10/10/2014Loved the service. Great clams on 1/2 shell. The fish and chips were super good! I am so impressed! Nice job Atlantic fish!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodMsZetaDined on 10/10/2014We had a very nice experience visiting Atlantic Fish. All the seafood was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealcapedcodVIPDined on 10/8/2014We had a visitor from out of town we took to Atlantic Fish for dinner. It took half an hour to get seated on Wednesday night with a reservation. Our waiter was good but service was slower than normal. The meal, however, was great, starting with the Duxbury and Cataumet oysters on the half shell. Our visitor then had the fried Ipswich clams, my husband had grilled salmon with asparagus, and I had crab cakes with corn pudding. A nice Pino Gris from Alsace kept all of us happy. Thank you, Atlantic Fish, for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD... POOR RECEPTIONJOSEMIDined on 10/7/2014I already been twice at the restaurant, and I chose it for a special ocassion (20th Aniversary). We arrived quite early as we flew from Spain, was our first night in Boston, and tried to advance the reservation. They argued that the restaurant was full, so we went for a walk and came back about 45 minutes before. They even didn't tried, and at the end we had our table 10 minutes after the expected hour. We had requested a nice table and pointed out in the reservation it was our aniversary. No mention, no detail,... The best was the food and the table service, as usual. But we felt a bit dissapontedSpecial Features:
- jilluDined on 10/7/2014We had to wait for a half hour even though we had a reservation.Special Features:
- Excellent!bagladiatorDined on 10/7/2014All four in our business party raved about the food and service. Excellent table outside. The clam chowder was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- looking for great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Was looking for great seafood. Found it here. Excellent food and excellent service. Very noisy inside. Nicely heated outsideSpecial Features:
- Service above alltschnDined on 10/6/2014Had a 730 reservation and still had to wait a bit because people were just not paying their bill. The hostess was very sweet and attentive to us while we waited. Once seated our server Edwin was amazing. We are frequent customers here but he made us feel special. After the bar and kitchen both screwed up a few times with orders he made it right over and over and was friendly and fun. Excellent meal and we will obviously be going back.Special Features:
- Servers can't be botheredJsalladeVIPDined on 10/6/2014Both times we have eaten here the food was great but our servers were indifferent. Very rushed when at our table, and very slow to return especially with dessert menus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go!!!!ThomasTellsAllDined on 10/6/2014The menu was incredible. Best Ahi I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SeafoodGtravelDined on 10/5/2014This great seafood restaurant is really busy but service and food are just brilliant. The food, I thought, was marvellous and service was friendly and professional. The cocktails were also really worth trying. I would recommend this restaurant to all friends visiting Boston and when I return to the city we will definitely book again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All I can say is...Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Food is amazing and staff is excellent! The scallops, lobster bisque, Sea Bass, Filet, lobster and lobster mashed potatoes were fantastic. I tried a little of everything and it was all outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.