761 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlanticfishco.com/
- Phone: 6172674000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday and Sunday 10am-11:30am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Danny Levesque
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantic Fish
Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlantic Fish - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Atlantic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
632 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (281)special occasion (279)great for outdoor dining (204)neighborhood gem (196)great for lunch (160)hot spot (150)romantic (138)good for groups (137)notable wine list (121)great for brunch (78)vibrant bar scene (77)late-night find (50)kid-friendly (40)scenic view (17)Show More
- DDDDVIPDined on 9/28/2014THE FOOD AS ALWAYS IS GOOD. THE SERVICE IS WELL BELOW THE RESTAURANT LEVEL. WAITERS ARE UNPROFESSIONAL, UNWELCOMING AND DONT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT YOU. VERY DISAPPOINTING.
- Good addressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Overall very positive experience, with good food and nice service. It was very busy on a Saturday night (and noisy), and we had to wait 20min despite a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Booked for 6.15pm but told had to wait. Not given anywhere to wait and ignored us until table finally ready Had mussels and calamari to start and both were very bland. Both then went for Captains Platter, which turned up as a plate of dark brown fried food. Nothing crispy but clogged up with over used deep fried oil. Inedible. When person came to clear plates, she saw that we had hardly touched them. I stated it was horrible and she just left laughing!! Came back to ask if we wanted to take it away and said no because it truly was horrible. She just laughed again!
- Always perfectFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Rarely have I found a restaurant that provides excellent food and service with not a single problem, EVERY TIME. My wife and I have eaten at Atlantic Fish on at least 20 occasions, as a couple, with a small group, with a larger group and at their Sunday brunch. Every time, the food has been prepared perfectly and tasted outstanding, the service was professional and courteous, the atmosphere lively and friendly. This has become our "go to" restaurant for special occasions and now even for just a great night out. I give Atlantic Fish my highest recommendation, without hesitation.Special Features:
- Overall good experienceTabithaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Raw oysters were very small but good . Sea bass was great size snd flavor . Sea scallops would have been better with a light sauce.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Food was excellent. Great locations. Seated us at our reservation time! Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Not even close to Legal Seafood!GeneVIPDined on 9/25/2014Friend recommended it. Very disappointing. Sea bass came over cooked and then came back properly cooked with absolutely no flavor. Other good ordered was mediocre at best. Placed at a table for 2 when we were 3. Better food and ambiance at Legal Seafood.Special Features:
- An Overall Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Our dining experinece was outstanding. Upon arrival by the receeptionist and immediately taken to out table. Fortunately we had a great waitress who made our dining experience a pleasant experience. The meal we ordered was sumptious. Overal it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before the Red Sox, 9/24/14DSmithDined on 9/24/2014I guess we have established a tradition of meeting our friends from NH before a Red Sox game by eating at Atlantic Fish. We always come back here as the food is always outstanding. It is the Ruth's Chris of seafood. No, matter what we get for entrees, the food is always excellent. Even their steaks on the menu for non-seafood people are excellent as i imagine they are Abe & Louie's steaks based on the same ownership.Special Features:
- Atlantic FishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Great service and food. Staff is very attentive and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The great feastSAACVIPDined on 9/23/2014We ordered the lobster feast amazing!!!!! With a nice Napa wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable quality and servicefeedmeDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant is a top notch professional establishment. It is run like a machine. Very crowded and loud, so if you don't like that, look elsewhere. Even though they are always busy, the food is always great. Great quality fish, our personal favorites are the sesame tuna and cioppino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2014Our waiter Edwin made the meal perfect. The food was great but the service was the best part. Most congenial waiter I have had in yearsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fabulous meal!willwriteforfoodDined on 9/21/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat seafood in Boston -- food is consistently excellent. Had my very first lobster roll this time and was not disappointed. Really tender, not over-dressed, and great flavor.Special Features:
- Very good and great food.Diner99Dined on 9/21/2014Very good and great food. Great location and outlook and quietly efficient staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tamullen1Dined on 9/21/2014My daughter and I enjoyed our Sunday brunch 9/21/14. The weather cooperated and we enjoyed our meal outside. Our Waiter (? Server what is the correct nomenclature today?) ; Matthew (?6530) was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. He offered good information, made recommendations, and was attentive without being intrusive. The food was delicious, served at the right temperature at the appropriate time. Atlantic is a special treat for us and We enjoyed our experience. We are putting our spare change aside to treat ourselves ASAP.Special Features:
- Superb in every waySandyFromPhilaDined on 9/20/2014We were visiting from out of town, and were delighted to find this gem. We went in jeans, even though it is an upscale restaurant with tablecloths - they have no dress code. The table we were seated at was perfect - not near restrooms, kitchen door, serving stations, high-traffic aisles, etc. The server was very efficient, knowledgeable, extremely nice, and had a professional appearance. The food all three of us had was superb. $125 for three (excluding tip) which I think is a very good price for such an exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V. Good NOT GreatClayDined on 9/20/2014Service was superb; my wife's halibut was super fresh and perfectly done. Grandkids happy too. However, both my Steamers (down-east long neck clams) and steamed lobster were largely taste-free. The shellfish wasn't so much overlooked as it was just not sea-fresh expected. In addition, thigh purportedly "in the shell," the body had been disengaged and emptied and the tail split and open (warm, not hot on arrival). If you don't like lobster in the shell, don't like the challenges of opening to get the rewards of immediately opened "tamale" or roe, this would be OK... if it were fresh tasting. My lobster had had a lot of tank time. I'm a former Easterner; this ain't it. We'd have done (and have done) much better at Legal Seafoods.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodtravelloverDined on 9/20/2014My family and I went to visit my son who attends college in Boston and I wanted to go somewhere enjoyable for lunch. After reading the wonderful review Atlantic Fish Co. had received we decided to try it. The oysters were absolutely delicious as was all the other dishes we had for lunch. I myself had the crab cake sandwich, which was amazing. My son and sister-in-law both loved the lobster roll and my niece, who is not much of a fish lover, really enjoyed the eggs benedict. Even better then the food was the service we received from a wonderful waitress, who I am sorry and embarrassed to say I do not recall her name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost great, almost perfect!MrSwedenDined on 9/19/2014Its just worth several visits. Food a little bit uneven in quality but overall great! The pasta... Don't try it, not worth it. Went twice and the starters are the best in town! Service? So so! Yes it's full with people waiting but they don't need to clean the table before you finished. Within 5 min 3 people asked... But, for sure worth a visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our first visit to Atlantic Fish -- and we were not disappointed. We really enjoyed the fish/shellfish stew and the sole. Nice warm bread to begin the meal; nice wine list; and make sure to try the tuna tartare -- delicious. Next time we visit Boston we will definitely make sure Atlantic Fish is one of the places we have dinner. Absolutely make a reservation so you won't be disappointed. This place is very busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Once AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and went to Atlantic Fish Co once more. I had the Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass and it was fantastic and the baby kale that complimented the fish was the best I've had. A glass of white wine(affordable) put everything together. My husband had the Surf and Turf with Filet Mignon and lobster tail. The size portion was really good and he was especially impressed with the lobster tail. Nice white tender flavorful flesh. It was a busy night and customers were waiting in line , so I recommend making a reservation like we did. We would recommend Atlantic Fish to everyone. We will always go back.Special Features:
- Nice Tuna & Lobster with ChardonnayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Nice location with a sunny terrace close to the road. Nice service and nice standing. The Tuna was really really good and the lobster as well (even I prefer at the grill with a touch of fresh lemon).Special Features:
- not bad, but not that great eitherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Considering it is number 1 on trip advisor and well supported on open table, our party of 4 was generally disappointed. Clam chowder great, sandwiches ok. Service very lack luster and not personal. I think worth going to for a casual lunch, but not romantic or that special. May have expected too much from the reviews, but more mediocre than great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodraygunVIPDined on 9/18/2014Deliciously prepared seafood with a lot of variety. Delicious warm bread to start your meal. Great bar. A must visit when you are in the back bay area of Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Must do in BostonKaiser18Dined on 9/18/2014My fifth Stay in Boston and every Time i Visited atlantic Fish. It's wonderful to enjoy the Clam chowder and the lobster. I Surely will come again. Thanks also for the Great Service. It's Fine to sit near the terrace or outside because there's Not so much Noise.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Awesome restaurant, located just two blocks from Copley T station. Good food and wine. Excellent staff. I recommend. Fair price.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Despite booking a table well in advance, had to wait some time for a table to become available. Due to popularity of restaurant this left large numbers of people stuck by the front door waiting to be seated. Crab cake to start was excellent but disappointed with main course of deep fried shrimp which tasted more of the oil used than the shrimp. Service was the bare minimum whilst the table next to us seemed to be showered with attention. Will almost certainly give Atlantic Fish a miss on our next visit to Boston.
- Great dining experienceRoxannDined on 9/15/2014We had dinner reservations and were seated on time. The tables are close together but that did not interfere with our dining. Outside seating looked nice with heaters arranged to make cool weather dining more comfortable. Our meals were well cooked and delicious and the server very attentive, even though he had many tables to work. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a special occasion dining event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGwaderDined on 9/15/2014We went to this restaurant looking for good seafood, and we got great seafood. Everything was very fresh and delicious. Our service was amazing, and we couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:
- MvfoodieDined on 9/14/2014Everything was perfect, from the food, service and table. We were totally impressed and would definitely come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerLJFknitsDined on 9/14/2014When visiting Boston we always try and have dinner at the Atlantic Fish Co. Our meals have always been wonderful. Fish is very fresh and nicely presented. Always willing to honor any special food requests or diet restrictions. Service is excellent. Looking forward already to next trip to Boston and dinner at the Atlantic Fish Co.Special Features:
- FrescoDined on 9/13/2014Another pleasant visit, as far as the food and service was concerned, but slow seating with our 6pm reservation. Packed house and quite noisy. For the really important issues, excellent food and prompt service, no complaints. They have been consistently good over the 3 years I have lived in Boston. I believe their prices are quite fair too given what their competitors charge.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good server!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We loved our server we had on 9/13/14. He was great!Special Features:
- Why reserve at all??foodifamilyDined on 9/12/2014Though our dinner was fantastic, we were seated 48 minutes after our reservation time on Open Table, despite arriving 15 minutes early. It was a cool evening, the doors were open and they kept trying to get us to take a table outside or at the door. Why they wouldn't just close the sliders when many people refused the 'outdoor' seating is beyond me. As usual, there is always a crowd waiting for tables, and we knew this because it is our 4th time at this restaurant, and hence why we made a reservation in the first place. Too bad they did not observe it. The seafood is among the best in Boston, but the experience was marred by the unnecessary delay. Not sure we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantJenny2014Dined on 9/12/2014The Restaurant was very busy on the Friday evening we visited. The were no free tables and we had to wait 15 minutes even though we had booked a table 3 weeks prior to our visit. However, the food was very good, imaginative, and the staff were pleasant? With a bottle of wine, we felt it was quite an expensive meal, but maybe it's just a case of you have to pay for something good in Boston. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodBostonEEDined on 9/12/2014There are plenty of options for seafood in Boston. This just happens to be one of the better ones. I've been here multiple times, and the food is always good. The only downside to Atlantic Fish Co is sometimes they are too popular for their own good. It can get very crowded, and therefore the service is sometimes not excellent, but I've never had bad service either. Just... delayed good service.Special Features:
- MarkMarkDined on 9/12/2014Excellent dinning. Beautiful resturant. Food was outstanding. My wife had Salmon , I had blacken Cod. Both delicious.Special Features:
- Another great mealTonySDined on 9/12/2014We went there for the second time in two weeks. We are from Ottawa and we were meeting a couple from Manchester, UK who we have known a long time and are very special to us. We wanted to end our visit with a special meal and we were not disappointed. The food was great, the server was a lot of fun and we had a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great fish, disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Bustling atmosphere and large but good menu. Great Lobster Ravioli and good chowder to start. The special of herb crusted halibut with shrimp mash for a main was very good. Misleading menu meant I got a plate of fried seafood. Very disappointed. Waiter was unsympathetic but eventually offered to change it to a piece of plain grilled cod (the cod was cooked beautifully to be fair). The waiter in general was brusque and patronising - evidently in a hurry to turn the table even though we had a 9pm booking. Poured two huge glasses from our nice bottle of white wine and didn't bring a wine cooler for the remainder of the bottle. Had to request one twice before it came and then saw our waiter roll his eyes as he walked away. Not impressed at all.Special Features: