761 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlanticfishco.com/
- Phone: (617) 267-4000
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Danny Levesque
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantic Fish
Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlantic Fish - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Atlantic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
654 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (318)special occasion (290)neighborhood gem (195)great for outdoor dining (171)hot spot (167)great for lunch (152)good for groups (152)romantic (132)notable wine list (114)vibrant bar scene (85)great for brunch (77)late-night find (49)kid-friendly (34)scenic view (17)Show More
- Boston mustCKoerberVIPDined on 11/20/2014Stop on restaurant!! Perfect seafood experience. The wait staff very good! Knowledgeable of the wine list was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is now on my top 10 Seafood restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I don't normally write reviews, in fact I generally don't care too take the time to put forth my opinions about a restaurant even if everything was excellent. The fact that I'm taking the time to post a review says this place is notable. I had the Swordfish and my dinner date had the Salmon as well as an order of the bacon wrapped scallops and it was really tasty. I would recommend this place to any seafood lover out there in a heart beat. Cant wait to come back and try the Tuna and Chilean Sea bass dish they have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I have had dinner here 4-5 times while visiting Boston. Food is consistently great. Clam chowder best in the Back Bay Area. While is was cold this last visit, sitting outside is the best in warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant but My Scallop Dish was SandyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/14/2014Very nice restaurant and the appetizers and sides were good. My scallop dish was sandy and I could not eat it.Special Features:
- Great diningBettyVIPDined on 11/13/2014Excellent seafood great dining experience in bostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing seafood in Boston!TimothyDined on 11/13/2014Came here based on reviews I read online, and couldn't have been happier. Amazing service from the moment we walked in the door. Try the sesame crusted tuna, grilled calamari, fried shrimp, and the corn pudding. Surprised at the great value of what you get for what you pay for. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FRESHEST FISHjackVIPDined on 11/12/2014Outstanding fresh fish, well prepared and much better than that "other" seafood chain that claims to be the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swordfish ChopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Love it! Make sure it is continued to be availableSpecial Features:
- Happy Birthday to ME!MisterGeeDined on 11/10/2014I went here with a coworker / friend to quietly celebrate my 58th birthday. Carla, our waitress was outstanding and very knowledgeable about the offerings on the menu. To start, I ordered the Oysters Rockefeller paired with the Atlantic Fish martini. Very nice. For the main course I had the Surf and Turf consisting of a 10 ounce filet paired with a split lobster tail. The steak was prepared a perfect medium rare as I had requested. The lobster was delicious though a little on the small side. Sides included grilled asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. Both were excellent and not overly grilled flavored or garlicky. I drank my dessert in the form of an excellent Grappa.Special Features:
- SaluteDined on 11/10/2014Wonderful atmosphere and fantastic food! Definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodfrlunchVIPDined on 11/10/2014It's tough to go wrong with anything here, they always have good quality seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAnniversaryDined on 11/9/2014The service was incredible, the food was outstanding, and our anniversary dinner met all of our expectations!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodTLHKDined on 11/8/2014Loved the spring rolls and seared yellowfin tuna. Great wine list, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNYCtoTokyoDined on 11/8/20142nd time here traveling from NC and this place exceeded expectations once again. Formerly from NYC, I miss great restaurants so when I travel I try to seek out the best of the best to get my "fix". This one is a true gem! Not to be missed!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in the Back BaySerabiDined on 11/7/2014Atlantic Fish was outstanding. Everything we had was superb... from appetizers to the entree's. The Cippiono was the best I've ever had.. huge pieces of lobster, lots of shrimp, scallops, mussels and clams... and the saffron tomato broth was unbelievable.. Everything we had was beautifully presented and portions were generous. Reservations are a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafoodLuv2dineDined on 11/6/2014Great food. Loved the fried oysters and lobster bisque. Bread was also excellent. Overall great lunchSpecial Features:
- Swordfish ChopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014I am missing this... This was my main draw to the place and would like to be able to order itSpecial Features:
- Good Fishdiana156VIPDined on 11/2/2014Oysters Rockefeller , delicious :) .. Dishes were very good . Will go back next time I'm in Boston ..Special Features:
- Travel2eatDined on 11/2/2014Visiting Boston for a long weekend and selected Atlantic Fish for a quality seafood dinner. Our experience included great tuna tartar and lobster bisque, excellent lobster entrees, a quality wine list with plenty of reasonable options and a knowledgable, attentive server. We were seated in a booth near the back of the restuarant and we both felt that the ambiance and noise levels were excellent. I will return to Atlantic Fish on my next visit.Special Features:
- Good flavor, poor executionAnonymousDined on 11/2/2014Service was hit or miss and the food was merely OK. My wife had the lobster. It was flavorful and cooked properly. I had the ciopinno. The flavor was OK, but ckeary the seafood was fully cooked before being added to the broth. As a result, everything was over cooked.
- FantasticBoomDined on 10/31/2014What an excellent experience again. It's been 2 years since we have been to Boston and we will always frequent Atlantic Fish Co. if they can fit us in. Our server Kristen went above and beyond and the service was excellent. A service manager also checked on our food as well. We tell all our friend do not be disappointed in your trip to Boston visit Atlantic Fish Co. One the best resturants we frequent!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Atlantic Fish was recommended by a friend. My wife and I really enjoyed the atmosphere and food. The server was friendly and attentive. We also had no problem finding a fine wine to enjoy with our meal.Special Features:
- Best Clam ChowderBooBooDined on 10/31/2014Best clam chowder in bread bowl! Not to be missed!Special Features:
- ServicesSavvyDined on 10/31/2014Overall, they have excellent service, very professional. However, I felt that the food took a little longer than usually to come on this time around. But it was excellent. I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Always Fresh!WeekendinBostonDined on 10/29/2014Consistently outstanding food and service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing oystersSarahDined on 10/27/2014Oysters were fresh, clean, well-prepared, and absolutely delicious. Tuna tartar was perfect temperature, delicately flavored, and thoughtfully prepared. Bacon-wrapped scallops were perfectly done. Plump & juicy - not over cooked at all, and bacon was of high quality. Spring rolls were light and crisp. Wine pairings were excellent - found some new favorites, courtesy of the excellent bartender. Service was quick and professional, managing to be unobtrusive and attentive. The only downside was the noise. At 8pm on a Friday night, the place was jamming and the noise level was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!ZbatDined on 10/27/2014The swordfish was outstanding. Too many items that I wanted to try, will have to come back several times.Special Features:
- LobsterloverDined on 10/27/2014We went here for lunch on a weekday and had a great lobster roll and clam chowder! Good cocktail selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood, prepared perfectlyhargesweetDined on 10/26/2014my husband and I visited Boston for our anniversary and the only thing we had planned beside the symphony was a visit to Atlantic Fish. It was a highlight of our visit! Our amazing server recommended the special, a pan-seared halibut with a lobster risotto and cream sauce, and it was incredible. I had a seared tuna steak that was out of this world fresh as it was part of the catch-of-the-day menu. The ambience was romantic with warm mahogony paneling and copper fixtures. We sat at an intimate table-for-two looking out on the streets of Boston and were able to talk comfortably. I would recommend this for anyone wanting great seafood with wonderful company.Special Features:
- Just as good as it wasChrisHDined on 10/26/2014I last visited in 1994 and had what I recall as one of the best seafood meals ever. It has been a long time but managed to get back there on Sunday for a family celebration with my son who has just moved to Boston. A classic recipe for disappointment; but it was just as good as I remembered, everything fresh and cooked to perfection, with attentive staff and a great atmosphere. Thanks to you all!Special Features:
- One of my favorite in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Love this restaurant and always come back. Plus that night Jamie Lee Curtis was dining there, ha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticmsull9269Dined on 10/25/2014We dined here on Saturday 10-25 with a 7:15 reservation. We were greeted and seated right away, our server Jim was informative and his recommendations for our meal were outstanding. The sea bass and the scallops were cooked perfectly and the sides were just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice in BostonshugbyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our second visit to this wonderful place amid restaurant hub of Back Bay. From the clam chowder to the Key Lime pie, everything was fresh and delicious. The shrimp and scallop risotto main dish was the best risotto I've ever had. My husband loved his crab crusted haddock as well. The corn pudding side dish is worth the trip all by itself. We received excellent menu advice and timely service. Hot dishes arrived to the table piping hot. Bar choices are sufficient with many wines offered by the glass or as half bottles. We will plan to eat at Atlantic Fish Co. anytime we visit Boston. Reservations are a must. Outdoor seating also available out front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Fresh FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Fine dining, diverse fresh fish offerings and preparations. Very professional, high quality friendly staff. My wife and I had a lovely evening with our adult college age children. We look forward to returning upon our next trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday to RememberChicLibra29Dined on 10/25/2014My mother and I had previously eaten at the Atlantic Fish Company and were very impressed by the food. So I made a reservation for my family to return for her birthday. The food was fresh, well seasoned, and our waiter was superb! He was very attentive, personable, and courteous. I loved how he used a guessing game to trick my mom when he brought out dessert with a candle for her birthday. She was so surprised and laughed at how he was able to fool her. We really had a wonderful time and the meals were just amazing. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants quality seafood and great service. It's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014A memorable Saturday lunch , the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Terrible ServiceJohnnyDined on 10/24/2014We've been to Atlantic Fish numerous times before and the food has always been consistent (the Sea Bass is to die for) but unfortunately, we can't say the same for the service. Our waiter was possibly the worst waiter in the world. We were sat by our hostess and we were acknowledge by our waiter. Great. Unfortunately, the waiter was in and out of our area, refilling waters for everyone but failed to bring our bread for another 15 minutes. There were no apologies whatsoever. He took our drink order and disappeared for a while before he would even come back to take our appetizer order and dinner order. He disappeared after that until it came time to pay. Never came to check in on our meal, never took another drink order. Are you serious?Special Features:
- Great food Friendly atmosphereConelocDined on 10/24/2014Loved bing able to reserve ahead of time. Dined with our daughter and roommate while in town for parents weekend. Food was amazing, fish couldn't have been fresher. And very warm and friendly atmosphere. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itLarryDined on 10/24/2014First time in Boston and went here upon the recommendation of a friend - and was thoroughly pleased in every way. The service was friendly and efficient, and did not feel rushed in any way. The food was delicious - the lobster ravioli app was devoured between my wife and i in what seemed like seconds. Our entrees - surf and turf and the pan-seared sea bass were cooked perfectly and absolutely delicious. The after dinner cocktails were a great end to our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodChachaDined on 10/23/2014Food was great as always. The Chilean Seabass love it. Service was also great. Came to check on us at just the right times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.