761 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlanticfishco.com/
- Phone: 6172674000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday and Sunday 10am-11:30am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Danny Levesque
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlantic Fish
Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlantic Fish - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Atlantic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
653 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (296)fit for foodies (287)great for outdoor dining (206)neighborhood gem (201)great for lunch (178)hot spot (156)romantic (151)good for groups (145)notable wine list (137)great for brunch (96)vibrant bar scene (77)late-night find (48)kid-friendly (43)scenic view (22)Show More
- Fine food, difficult reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food and the ambiance were both excellent, and the service was exemplary. However, I would only go here for a special occasion because you can't get a reservation between 6 and 9 unless you plan at least a week ahead. So, if you are an early bird, or a late nighted, you can just drop in for a very nice meal (figure on $50 a head without drinks), but otherwise, the place is too popular for a spontaneous drop in. The crab cake appetizer was excellent. The breads were high quality. Had tuna steak, rare, and it was high quality cut of fish, done just right. Shrimp scampi with perfectly cooked pasta--many places miss on the pasta, this was done right. Parking is an issue, and even though they validate for a $10 discount, it's EXPENSIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We are frequent visitors to Boston. Boston is of course, famous for their seafood and there are many fine restaurants, but we feel this is the best. The seafood is fresh, the menu is creative, entrees delicious and service is exceptional. The hardest thing is making a choice, but we have never been disappointed! It is located in the Back bay on Boylston and if you get a table on the sidewalk, you can watch fans streaming to Fenway. But do not bring anyone who does not like seafood- there is no steak or poultry on this menu! Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent fish dishes and dessert! Great atmosphere, will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itMaryVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit. The menu contains varied choices everything we ate was delicious
- Glad I tried itRickyDVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've walked by many times thinking I should check this place out. The Restaurant Week menu looked good so I gave it a try for lunch. I had an excellent table with a people-watching view. I enjoyed the corn chowed with shrimp fritters, red snapper fish and chips and the cherry chocolate crepe. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experienceBigBillDined on 8/28/2014This is a well run restaurant. We were seated right away with our reservation at a very nice table. The wait staff were really helpful in guiding us and making suggestions. My wife had the scallops that were gritty and a little off in taste -- she was not impressed. I had a lemon sole that was well prepared and very tasty. The baked potato sides were really good. We are moving to Boston so that this will become a good choice when we are eating out.Special Features:
- First night in bostonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Fun location. We had a seat by the outside and the views were great. Lobster was excellent and the cod was wonderfully fresh with awesome ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food was outstanding. Service was attentive. We arrived 15 minutes early for our reservation and even though the restaurant was packed (on a Wednesday night at 8), we were seated almost immediately. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lunch treating myselfoneurzuaDined on 8/27/2014I found a place where I can get always and treat myself for lunch in the Back Bay area, loved the whole experience. Will have to do this more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to returnDCJackDined on 8/26/2014Visited in May. Returned recently with my son and father. Food terrific. Service first rate. Tony took care of us as he had before. He is exceptional. Sea bass chowder a winner. Pan seared a favorite. Simply where I intend to dine whenever in BostonSpecial Features:
- Terrific!Swp7722VIPDined on 8/26/2014Highly recommend for the location, ambience, menu offerings and food. We have veen several times, and each was a dining pleasure.Special Features:
- Business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Went here with customers who wanted seafood while in Boston. Easy taxi ride for them and convenient valet for me. Had drink at bar which was packed. Good pour on wine and liquor plus for them. Nice booth in back near kitchen. I had Katama Shore oysters (i do miss the Vineyard) and they were great. I also had the blackened Sword fish which was delicious. Also ordered Kale as side dish and was very good. Service was excellent and she even ran out of restaurant with my credit card (forgot to take). Customers also enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what my Boston trip neededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Only had a couple of days to visit. Wanted authentic local flavor. Was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Late evening want to be seen placeviewtradeDined on 8/23/2014The food was great. The place is very trendy. The place was packed at 9:30 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food.. A few drawbacks.steveDined on 8/23/2014We usually love Atlantic Fish. The food is always very good. The service is also usually very good. We dined at Atlantic Fish this past Sat at around 10pm. The service was very slow.. and our drinks went mostly unfilled for much of the dinner. One complaint I have with Atlantic Fish is that their booths are quite cramped (We were a party of four (all average sized individuals). The tables are uncomfortably close to the booth. You feel like you are cutting your fish/steak in your lap.. with your elbows poking the person next to you. I understand that restaurants are businesses, and there is a need to maximize seating for peak times, but they squeezed in one booth too many on each row.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step above excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Every each time we're in Boston. This trip we went both Friday night and Saturday night!!! Ask for Nick to be your server. Such a pro and a great guy! Don't miss this fabulous restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive But Exceptional SeafoodjaydeejayVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went on a Saturday evening and the place was literally packed with people. Without a reservation we would have had a minimum two hour wait; that said, we never felt rushed during our meal. The restaurant has a very nice nautical atmosphere. We started with some excellent cocktails. The menu has a wide variety of seafood and the portions are large. We started with oysters Rockefeller, fried clams and grilled squid. The fresh fish can be ordered grilled, pan seared, blackened or oven baked with a choice of two sides. We had swordfish, lemon sole, cod, and scallops; everything was prepared perfectly, and beautifully presented. We did not have room for dessert. Our service was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealDME1Dined on 8/23/2014Service and food were first rate; however, a bit too noisy for my taste.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Simply our favorite Boston restaurant! Excellent fresh seafood dishes and outstanding service. Make a reservation...and request outdoor dining when weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Service and Foodoliverain8129Dined on 8/23/2014Atlantic Fish is the place I go to for any occasion and the place I take friends and family to when I visit. Every time they never fail to deliver excellent service and food, and topple the high expectations I already have for this restaurant. Our family that we had brough this time around had never been and were die hard Legal Seafood fans. They said that everything they had was better than legal seafood. There was a problem with my dish, however, but the server and manager immediately fixed it without a question. With excellent food, service, and atmosphere, I will continue to frequent Atlantic Fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!BostonInSummerDined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant and fun atmosphere. The food was superb and the meal was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best restaurantMsAngelDined on 8/23/2014I am from Chicago, came into Boston for one day just to sight see a little bit. First of all Boston is one beautiful place where the beauty seems to never end. Secondly, Atlantic by far is the best elegant style type of restaurant with the most reasonable priced menu I've ever seen. The waiter was super nice, the service was the fastest I've seen, and the food was magnificent. If anyone ever wants to try a elegant place to dine out with the best quality foods and experience...Atlantic is the place to go! I will recommend that they open one in Chicago and hopely with the same exact, service, food, and pricing it would be awesome :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in every aspectSwp7722VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food, service, ambience -- all delivered and do not disappoint. The price was reasonable, making for a sweet bonus!Special Features:
- Review from TexasPleasedVIPDined on 8/22/2014Was so looking forward to having lobster when I came to Boston. At home I eat steak or gulf coast seafood when I go to a fine restaurant since that is consistently great at home. We don't catch lobster within 1500 miles of where I live so I do not feel like it is the best option. Since I consider this area to be the best for lobster I was not disappointed at Atlantic Fish Co. I had lobster,backed potato & corn on cob as well as clam chowder and all was better than expected and I was expecting excellent. Thank you Atlantic Fish Co. for exceeding my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServicepdxdinnerDined on 8/22/2014Disappointing evening as our waiter essentially forgot about us. The food was fine but the disappointing service will keep me and my friends away.Special Features:
- Definitely a repeatGSusan53Dined on 8/22/2014I wrote down the wrong time for our reservation so we were 25 minutes late on a busy Friday night, but with some checking the staff found a table for three. They were very gracious and made us feel quite welcome, despite my mistake. We had a waitress who was quite familiar with the dishes and made suggestions as to the oysters we ordered. We shared all of our dishes. Everything was delicious from the bread to the desserts and coffee. The seafood tasted fresh and was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014We had the restaurant week special (3 course lunch for $25). I had never been there before and I was very impressed. The server was very attentive and my water glass was never 1/2 empty. Great place. My guest loved it as well! Will be back.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent atmosphere and great dining experience. We loved the food and our waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with co-workersdmac5551Dined on 8/21/2014Didn't realize it was restaurant week when we decided to go to Atlantic Fish. Made the reservation 30 mins prior from the office. 10 minutes early for our 1pm reservation, we waited at the bar for about 20 mins. The only criticism from my visit is the small bar area as we were constantly in the way of the busy staff that use the bar as a main route to serve the restaurant. If can't get a seat at the bar, wait outside or go someplace else for a pre-meal drink. The service was a bit slow, but it was absolutely packed because of restaurant week so understandable. The calamari appetizer (not fried) is one of the best I've had. The fried oysters were the perfect size and non-greasy. The seared Chilean Sea Bass was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server rox!MichaelDined on 8/20/2014Carrie is a must request server in this great Boston eatery.Special Features:
- Flavorful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014We went for restaurant week lunch and it was delicious. I especially liked the warm chocolate cherry crepe with ice cream. It was the perfect combination of flavors. The mixture of cold and warm gives one an unparalleled sensation.Special Features:
- Just fair , pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Wife and I had sea bass, not bad, hard to ruin sea bass, was fresh , meal was fine but can be had elsewhere for less, one had steak and thought it was really great, oysters were fresh and was ok, nothing wrong just a bit pricy, probably won't return , they will not miss us as is very crowded all the time.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekTes241VIPDined on 8/19/2014Just want to say that my daughter and I had a wonderful lunch. Being a restaurant week, I made sure that I made a reservation. They seated us right away even though it was packed and we were 10 mins early. Our server, Daniel M. did such a wonderful job explaining the menu. Clams perpadelle was very delicious, the pasta taste like it was made from scratch. Our desert Chocolate Cherry creep and Ice cream profiterole made the experience unforgettable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishpromocatDined on 8/19/2014I had a great lunch!!=all the entrees were fishmno veggies here!!but it was all good & the service was excellantSpecial Features:
- Crab cakesSilverspoon5Dined on 8/18/2014Felt that the crab cakes were just o k. The sweet corn was delicious but rather overwhelmed the flavour of the crab. The tuna was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!nynks2351Dined on 8/17/2014Food and service were fantastic. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic fancy seafood restaurantLeoDeQuirmDined on 8/17/2014The fresh catch of the day was a fantastic meal choice, with my swordfish steak being perfectly grilled and seasoned. The following chocolate marquis was heaven on the tongue. Combined with the great service, would heartily recommend to anyone looking for a dinner to impress and delight the entire table.Special Features:
- ShellyDined on 8/17/2014I had been there many times before for dinner. The food is always outstanding. I loved the brunch. The restaurant is a little noisy but I guess it is part of the ambiance.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodARC45Dined on 8/17/2014I have been to Atlantic Fish a number of times, at different times during the day and evening. I find it to be one of the most consistently good restaurants in Boston. Great food and location and a menu that is not overwhelming. The fish has always been fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, excellent food!CaseysmomDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner here while visiting Boston for the first time. It came highly recommended by friends who know Boston well. We were not disappointed. The dining room is beautifully decorated with a casual but classy feel. Our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. My husband ordered the filet mignon with shrimp. Both were excellent! I ordered the crab cakes, one of my favorite items to order. They were as good as any I have had anywhere. Sour Cherry Cobbler with vanilla ice cream and excellent coffee finished off the meal. I highly recommend Atlantic Fish!Special Features: