Atlantic City Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille
One Leo Fraser Dr
Northfield, NJ 08225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Atlantic City Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.accountryclub.com/
- Phone: (609) 236-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 2:00 pm
Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily from 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Edward Daggers C.E.C
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Atlantic City Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille
Executive Chef Edward Daggers, Graduate of CIA, brings his culinary talents that can be tasted in every meal. We buy USDA choice meats, use fresh seafood for our daily specials, and are home to the WORLD FAMOUS ACCC Crab Cakes.Our Bloody Mary and Homemade Soups are everyone’s favorites. We give you quality food at affordable pricing and service with a smile. Golf Digest Rates our bar among the top 50 in the country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Atlantic City Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille - Best Restaurants in Northfield/Linwood ›
Atlantic City Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (26)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (10)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Advisor1Dined on 11/13/2014great place for lunch, good food and nice atmosphere. however don't plan on getting in and out quickly. We have been several times for lunch and each time we were there an hr to an hr 1/2.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family BrunchMealLovDined on 11/9/2014Beautiful seating in a relaxed setting overlooking the golf course. Attentive service and a wide variety of meal choices to suit everyone's palate. The prime rib satisfied our hearty meat lovers at the table, while the breakfast lovers enjoyed the eggs Benedict. Reasonably priced for a wide variety of food choices in a lovely and unique setting. We will return with our extended family over the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a Golf CourseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014The Atlantic City Country Club's Taproom Bar and Grille is a great place to meet friends to share a bottle of wine and eat appetizers or dine. Cozy, warm, comfortable with a nice view of the Atlantic City skyline adds to the experience. Friendly service makes you want to stay. Lots of neat specials to try. Once you do, you will be back for more.Special Features:
- Great lunch specialsnamelessVIPDined on 10/29/2014They have added daily lunch specials to the Tap Room menu. They usually include a fish. We have been several times and they are all excellent. They have even started to email the entire weeks list of lunch specials! It makes it easy to plan your visits. If you have not been to the Tap Room in awhile GO!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Ed's best meal yet!!!namelessVIPDined on 10/23/2014Everyone is always so nice and they really want you to enjoy the food. I had made a comment to Chef Ed that I wished they had fish at lunch. A short time later he emailed me they will now have it at lunchtime. He made our table the BEST pan sautéed fish any of us have ever experienced! The portion size was nice and the veggies were perfect. Amy provided excellent service as well. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch With a ViewBaptismbrunchfor9Dined on 10/12/2014Love, love, love the brunch! We went to ACCC after my granddaughter's baptism. We had a great table with a beautiful view. Enjoyed seeing a fox. Everyone in our party loves it. Food is wonderful. Staff is pleasant and very efficient. Thanks!Special Features:
- Keeps getting betternamelessVIPDined on 10/7/2014We were members in the 'old days'. Then the casinos bought it and took away the charm. The new owners are restoring the classic feel to the place. The food is getting a lot better though some days it is better than others. The prices are now reasonable and they have some good lunch specials though it would be nice to be able to see them on their web site ahead of time. Soups need improving as do desserts. Dinners have been excellent. We will increase our visits since each one has been better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Favorite place for quiet elegant evening. Staff was courteous and welcoming especially Manager who went out of his way to make us feel special. Food was top notch especially au gratin potatoes. Food was well presented, hot and most importantly delicious.Special Features:
- Atlantic City Country ClubBogie407Dined on 10/1/2014I've been to the Wed., night, "All You Can Eat, Snow Crab Legs and/ or Prime Rib", two times now.I'm new to ACCC, and I love it! The food is fabulous. Everyone is friendly. Love the ambience. The Tap Room Restaurant, does a lively Happy Hour business. It's been a very enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicewwwwVIPDined on 9/27/2014The Room is very attractive and the view from the large windows, of the Atlantic City skyline, and the golf Course are great. Dinner menu selections varied ant both that we had were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarocourtDined on 9/11/2014I loved everything about my dinner here. The stuffed calamari appetizer was the best I've ever had - I'd return for that alone! The spring rolls were so tasty & came with 2 dipping sauces. The poached pear salad was fresh & large enough to be shared by two. Both the pork chop & salmon entrees were well prepared, beautifully presented & bursting with flavor. We were full, but saved room for dessert, which was a perfect ending to a perfect meal. The staff was friendly, helpful & service was well timed. The view overlooking the golf course and Atlantic City skyline was lovely. I look forward to visiting again soon & recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014We thought we'd try a different place on a busy Saturday night and decided to make the 20 min. drive from Ocean City based on the reviews. We were very pleased. The dining room has a great view of the Atlantic City skyline and of the golf course. The servers were excellent and the food and prices were very good. If you're looking for quality and value without the wait, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar bites need improvingnamelessVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great dinners but the bar bites are very weak. Heavy tasteless sauces on over cooked pasta. I'd rather pay more and get quality like in the dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ClassicnamelessVIPDined on 9/3/2014The changes the new owners have made are great for the most part. They have brought back the old Tap Room chairs and lowered the prices. The only negative is that the portions are now a little to small. I'd rather pay a dollar or two more and get a little more. We all left the table a little hungry. Quality is great. We will return!
- Once private,now open to the massesWillisVIPDined on 9/1/2014After our round on the traditional and well maintain AC Country Club golf course, we were treated to a very nice meal in the Tap Room. Our group of six were well attended to. We started with cocktails on the patio overlooking the golf course and AC skyline. Service was provided by a team of servers who really performed as a team. Our table was at the window again providing a beautiful view. (Window table requested on Open Table, Reserved table sign was a nice touch) The snapper soup was top notch with an abundance of meat and nicely spiced. The menu is pretty basic but with a nice variety of seafood, meat and poultry. Gentlemen, if you didn't play golf that day make sure to check out the adjacent "old school" locker room.Special Features:
- Airedale47Dined on 9/1/2014We have been here before. We have never been disappointed. We certainly intend to continue our patronage. Hal ZisermanSpecial Features:
- MixedBozoVIPDined on 8/31/2014Hamburgers and salads were very good. An appetizer and one entree were sent back. Manager was very professional and responsive. Will definitely give it another try.
- Excellent foodfoodlover1953Dined on 8/30/2014We had a very nice dinner. The food was excellent . I am fussy and they went out if their way to accommodate me. The dinner was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs work but getting therenamelessVIPDined on 8/19/2014The room is great. We have not been in a long time. It is nice to see they are bringing back the old chairs. They are history. Prices have come down a lot. Portions have gotten a little to small. It would be nice if they offered fish at lunch (other than fried cod) being at the Shore. We use to go 2-3 times a week for lunch. We are all hoping they will improve the menu and the service. Then our group will make this our regular place again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go againAlwayseatingoutDined on 8/16/2014Excellent waitress; food tasty but lighter fish options would be welcome. It was a perfect place for friends to spend a Ssturday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who Knew???LovesagreatvalueDined on 8/16/2014I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the AC Country Club is open to the public. We started visiting for their awesome Happy Hour that has $5 apps of extraordinary quantity & quality. Included in their Happy Hour menu are Chicken Marsala, Seared Tuna, Sliders, Mussels and so much more. We recently went on a Saturday night for a full course dinner. We started with a seafood appetizer that hard many unique combinations and flavors. I had the Prime Rib and for a gal that has had many a prime rib dinner in her day, this was by far the best. My husband had the Fettucini Carbonara and the recipe was unique and delicious. Exceptional food, reasonable prices, and generous portion sizes were unexpected and will keep this couple coming back.Special Features:
- Always excellentDonDVIPDined on 8/15/2014We eat here a lot and it is always excellent. Chef Ed does a great job visiting with the customers to make sure everyone enjoys their meal. I eat his special dinners each time I go because they are varied and delicious. This is an historic golf club that everyone can go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerfoodlover1953Dined on 8/9/2014Our food was impressive, My husband got veal and said it was the best he had in a long time.The food came out looking as good as it tasted. Our appetizer was crab and very good. The food was done in a timely manner without compromising the taste. Service was also excellent and the view of the grounds and AC was beautiful !! We will return again soon !Special Features:
- Never AgainstevieDined on 8/9/2014First they could not find reservation--requested table at window--didn't get it! Had to return dinner because the fish was not cooked. The wait staff got several orders wrong and we had to wait so long for our drinks and dinner. We will not go there again and will NOT recommend it.
- A little inconsistantnamelessVIPDined on 8/6/2014While we love the place the food can go from good to fantastic. Otherwise this is a classic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ez2plezVIPDined on 8/2/2014from beginning to end, our experience left much to be desired...poorly behaved and loud children...food very mediocore ....one dish was taken off the check. this was a big disappointment...we hoped with new ownership things would improve...it did not.
- If only.....namelessVIPDined on 7/31/2014....they could fix the service. The new owners have lowered the prices (good) but made the serving size a little too small. Still fantastic turkey clubs. They never have enough servers and you always have to wait for everything especially the check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic that needs worknamelessVIPDined on 7/29/2014Service was very uneven. Ice tea weak. Portions a little small. Need better lunch specials.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Atlantic City Country Club - Taproom Bar & Grille reviews archive.
- Chairs are BACK !!!namelessVIPDined on 7/24/2014The old chairs that were extremely comfortable are back in the Tap Room!! It makes the room feel like the old days. The food has improved and the prices have come down! We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Country ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014It is hard to find a decent place down the shore at the last minute on a Saturday night for 9 people! The Atlantic City Country Club came through. Nice bar, good food, decent service. Everyone was pleased. This is a hidden gem in the AC / Margate / Longport area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentLocalsDined on 7/17/2014Could have gotten better service and food at any local diner for half the price. Servers didn't know what Marsala or piccata meant. Food was cold, inedible and or scorched.
- Elegant and reasonableFoodie54VIPDined on 7/12/2014Wow. My wife and myself had dinner at the country club and were surprised how reasonable dinner at such a class spot could be. My wife had filet mignon and I had chicken Parmesan. The filet was 25.00 dollars and the chicken 16.95. The entrees were large and well prepared. Excellent service, table clothes, a beautiful view over the meadows and fine food at reasonable prices. We are going to make this a regular spot for dinner each week . I forgot to mention wine at 15 and 20 dollars a bottle. This should be everyone' s favorite restaurant soon enough.Special Features:
- ACCC lunchgolfhistorianDined on 7/6/2014I went online to check out the hours for dining. I made online reservations for brunch, only to find when we arrived that there is no brunch in July or August. We stayed for lunch anyway, and it was very good. We had the omelette, which seemed like breakfast. The view is wonderful and the pictures in the dining area were fascinating. We walked a little on the way out and checked out some of the other historical pieces on the walls. I'd recommend this restaurant for anyone and particularly for golfers.Special Features:
- Ceasars Entertainment was a PlusbrunchladyDined on 6/15/2014Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with the brunch on Father's Day. I went last year when Ceasars owned it and the brunch was big and great.
- Sunday Brunch is the Best!BarbaraDined on 6/15/2014We tried the Sunday Brunch on Father's Day and were delighted with our visit. The room was just beautiful, crisp table linens with a sparking view of AC skyline and the pristine golf course. The food was very good and the selection superb. We all were able to find something we liked and we had a few picky teenagers in our group and a few seniors. We have recommended the restaurant to our friend and we will definitely eat here again. Next time we want to try Happy Hour!Special Features:
- Great new menu & LOWER pricesnamelessVIPDined on 6/2/2014Somebody has wised up and fixed some of the problems at ACCC. The food is MUCH better and the prices are reasonable. If you have not been in awhile GO !!! They do need figure a way to quite the air conditioner in the window area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.