Atlantic Beach Club
55 Purgatory Road
Middletown, RI 02842Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Atlantic Beach Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atlanticbeachclub.com/
- Phone: (401) 847-2750
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kurt Schultz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights in the lounge 8pm-12pm
Sunday afternoon Jazz 3-7 Mac Chrupcula and special guests
- Special Events: Rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties, birthday parties, weddings, corporate events, clambakes .
A word from Atlantic Beach Club
Whether you're looking for casual outdoor dining or fine seafood and steaks, The Atlantic Beach Club has something to suit your taste: patio dining outside in the summer including clamcakes and burgers; a full menu of wonderfully prepared seafood,steaks, and pasta; banquet menu for rehearsal dinners and special events; Sunday buffet brunch served from 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM,Continued
including a carving station and a large offering of
breakfast and lunch items.
including a carving station and a large offering of
breakfast and lunch items.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Atlantic Beach Club - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
Atlantic Beach Club reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (27)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (14)good for groups (14)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (12)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Early Bird DinnerBrunchBunchVIPDined on 11/17/2014Went for the early bird dinner and give the salmon rave reviews. It was fresh, moist and tasty (nice sauce). I'm not a big mashed potato fan, but I will say the red bliss potatoes made this mash very good. Soup or salad and a fresh vegetable also came with the meal. These were full-size portions and we left very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dragon342FTDined on 11/16/2014Great brunch. Food was very good and the price was very reasonable. I found a new favorite brunch place in RI.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The squash soup was not hot, the roast duck was tough and tasteless. The desert was good. The lobster was good, but I heard the prices for the lobster was the same as normal. The service was extremely slow. We couldn't get out of there. We tried other restaurants in Newport during restaurant week, but this was a real disappointment.
- ComplimentsCarissimoDined on 11/9/2014The view is spectacular, that is the first impression really. The ambience of the restaurant is great, true Newport, the food is great, nice variety of choices and a great value for Newport. The service was extremely accommodating to my two elderly parents. A special acknowledgement of "Alissa" (sic) for her kindness and good humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newport Restaurant WeekCaretinaDined on 11/8/2014The food was good. But the addition of live music was something we did not expect and made for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graet MealxbikerDined on 11/5/2014I would highly recommend the Atlantic Beach Club, we liked it so much we ate there the next night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday morning brunchBokeDined on 11/2/2014We always enjoy having brunch at the Atlantic Beach Club. The food is always outstanding and the servers are veryu attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesNewportMarshDined on 10/26/2014Atlantic Beach Club is one of our favorite restaurants on Aquidneck Island. The food is consistently excellent whether it's lunch or dinner or their fabulous Sunday & Special Occasion Brunch! Service is always outstanding and the scenic views of the ocean add to the enjoyment of any meal!Special Features:
- Good brunch BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food was very good but the lines for it were way too long. Plates ran out a few times. Thats why the fair service rating was given. It was at a busy time and the place was packed. Overall we did enjoy the brunch. Good price for the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMDonVacationDined on 10/25/2014I go each time I am in Newport its a great restaurant with some of the best sea food dishes around. its an old favorite that never fails to pleaseSpecial Features:
- Mild disappointmentNoneVIPDined on 10/24/2014Frequent customers of Atlantic Beach Club. Tonight was late dinner (8:30), so we opted for chowder and a caesar salad. Chowder came quickly, but it was just lukewarm. Salad took a long time--we were nearly through with our chowder before it arrived, with apologies. Dining room had only about 10 diners, so it wasn't workload...Special Features:
- Good for business casual dinnerCumulusDined on 10/6/2014We visited this restaurant for an anniversary. Though they have the white tablecloths, it's more business casual than dressy/fancy. We liked that it wasn't stuffy, in other words, overly fancy. The view is of the water is nice but limited by the layout and outdoor area blocking some of the view. The food was wonderful! On a prior occasion, we visited the bar and had lunch, which was very delicious. We did not dress up for the bar area but some folks do as they have a nice bar. As a sidenote: lots of tour buses stop at this restaurant for their group lunch and dinners, so large groups can be accommodated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Had a great brunch here with family. Candace our server was fantastic, I always enjoy the ABC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kat32Dined on 9/24/2014This might be a place for a banquet on the beach if the food were edible. Sadly, for a regular Wednesday night, the banquet hall sized dining room was way too brightly lit to permit a good view of the beach, and made the place seem stark. Salad was a good size, but way over-dressed and over-loaded with shaved onions. Swordfish was well grilled, but came served on top of a messy bed of raw garlic infested soggy portobello mushrooms, and tomatoes that smelled foul.Special Features:
- A Favorite, But Changes DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/20/2014Atlantic Beach Club has been one of our go-to places for many years. Good food and service right by the beach. However, there have been some changes that we find disappointing. The complimentary assorted olives, oil, and grated cheese for dipping bread have been replaced with chopped olives and butter. A house salad used to be included with every entre, but is no longer. The portions are also a bit smaller. We always considered the Atlantic Beach Club a good dining value. Now not so much.Special Features:
- Loud music killed conversationabcdDined on 9/14/2014Booked dinner for party of 6 in dining room for 50th birthday dinner. They didn't tell us dining room closed for private event. Seated us in bar where loud jazz band played. Could not hear across table. One member of party order steak which was tough and had to send back.Special Features:
- Worth a stopDavePVIPDined on 9/9/2014Overall I was not that impressed with the Swordfish sandwich but the service was good and the rest of the meals in my party looked pretty good.Special Features:
- Friendly ServicetjjeVIPDined on 9/8/2014Always friendly and fun at the ABC. The lobster roll is excellent and the fisherman's platter is unbelievable.Special Features:
- Lively, a little noisy, nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Our dinners were great, scallops not sandy, mixed grill of fish all well prepared pretty. Fairly busy outside on the patio, and the bar was off to the side from the dining area which was good. If you want the quieter dining, there are lots of inside tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and service12345Dined on 8/31/2014Great clam chowder Seafood in bouillabaisse overlooked broth bland Nice sitting outside thankfully away from very loud live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at restaurant on beachJimCo48Dined on 8/30/2014The food, service, and view were all outstanding. French Onion Soup was incredible. Both of our fish entrees were well prepared.Special Features:
- Go for LunchPennyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We found Atlantic Beach Club to be an ideal spot for lunch, as had been recommended to us while in Newport, but disappointing in comparison to other Newport retaurants, for dinner. The Lobster Boil tasted too heavily of the three types of sausages boiled with it. I prefer my seafood to taste like seafood, and not like sausage! The corn was mushy and not sweet. The four of us agreed that the linguini with red clam sauce, which we ordered as an appetizer, was the best dish we had. I would not go back for dinner. Our server was excellent and the ocean view was wonderful, but the food was lacking.Special Features:
- Not badHdhejVIPDined on 8/9/2014The place serves good food, but the seasoning is poor. They accommodated my mother's allergies by doing a piece of plain fish rather than seasoning it with some flavor as Cod has very little flavor. There are much better places, but the price is right during the week if you catch the early bird special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Beautiful setting...easy to park...nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, bad service experienceAlyChouiDined on 8/8/2014Food was wonderful and view from outdoor patio is beautiful. Our server was very nice but overwhelmed and made it known. Asked for bread 3 times and her response was "I just got 2 tables, so I'll try and get it soon". I believe that it is not the customers responsibility to have to be "understanding" when we are paying up $29/30 for an entree. Additionally, appetizers came out without plates or proper condiments, drinks were empty for our whole meal before she asked if we "needed anything" and we waited for our check/change for almost a half hour. I hope that the service issue is addressed, as the restaurant atmosphere and food are outstanding!Special Features:
- Great place to eat!JandMDined on 8/7/2014We went on a Thursday at 5:00 and had the early bird specials. What a great deal! My husband and I enjoyed the view. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTableHunterVIPDined on 7/26/2014The setting of the Atlantic Beach Club is nice. Our party of 4 dined there on Saturday for lunch. It was very busy with lots of people there for the beach. The live band was good however overwhelmingly loud. Overall, the bar scene, music, large crowd, etc. would seem more appropriate for a late evening. We were disappointed with the food. My wife and I both had the lobster roll. It was dry and nothing special. Our son had the baked scrod and his girlfriend a tuna sandwich. Nothing special on either of those meals either. This is a restaurant that you would choose for location but NOT for the food!Special Features:
- The following 280 reviews are from the Atlantic Beach Club reviews archive.
- Exceptional food with great serviceExcellentDined on 7/25/2014We like to frequent the Atlantic Beach Club for a number of reasons, but the good food and great service are two of them. Our favorite spot is in the lounge when there is music, even though at times the music can drown conversations. Add to that the great sunset views and outside eating, the outstanding wine list (which you can also find on a free Apple app called Winequest to help choose your favorite wine) and you got game (which is also on if you are on the lounge). One thing that we do miss lately is the free olive oil and olives that you got with bread at each table which has now been replace with olive tapenade and butter.Special Features:
- HankDined on 7/20/2014Service and ambience was above average. MUsic was much too loud in the first dining room the hostess wHankas seating us in and we requested a quieter location which was immediately providedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedRalphDined on 7/20/2014The food was just okay. The service was good. Nothing impressive.Special Features:
- Great serviceLoriLoriDined on 7/15/2014Our server Kate was excellent! She had super suggestions for dinner, and was quite personable . The desserts were exceptional too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed outstanding seafood dinner with mrs and s-I-l. It's a rare trip to Newport that does not include lunch and/or dinner at ABC. Never fails to delight. Tonight's entrees included stuffed scrod and fried scallops. Both excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations aren't guaranteed?CourtRyan89Dined on 7/12/2014I thought I was doing the right thing by reserving Patio reservations about three weeks in advance. Nope! We were 10 minutes early for our reservation and was told that it would be 45min.-an hour wait to eat on the patio, and that reserving a table online is not a guarantee. My name and number showed on their screen, reserved for 9 people on the Patio at 3:30. I have no idea why they couldn't have called me (again, they had my name and number) to let me know that I shouldn't expect making a reservation isn't guaranteed. Everyone was so hungry that we sat inside, with a great view of the amazing weather, band, and crowd having a great time on the patio. Oh and our food took about an hour to come out, we only had sandwiches. No bueno.Special Features:
- Sooooooo goodJaniVIPDined on 7/7/2014We always enjoy ABC when we visit Newport. The food is great, the view of the ocean is a bonus! It's one of our Newport favorites.Special Features:
- Great food, view, and serviceRollingRhody400Dined on 7/7/2014ABC is consistently good and I look forward to taking guests to this ocean-front jewel because I know they will enjoy the entire experience. The prices are reasonable and parking is available on site.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinningBLLinRIVIPDined on 7/6/2014It was a beautiful summer evening when DH and I dined at Atlantic Beach Club. We were promptly greeted then seated by the hostess. Our table was on the covered patio with a beautiful view of the ocean. Jason, our server was wonderful. Both the service and food was excellent.Special Features:
- Fisherman's PlatterWooWoo316Dined on 7/4/2014I ordered the Fisherman's platter, and almost everything was delicious, tender and moist; unlike the fried shrimp. The shrimp was over fried and actually dry and chewy...extremely disappointing. Other than that, everything was fabulous.Special Features:
- Best brunchGRAMMYBADined on 6/29/2014We have been wanting to go for brunch for a year. It was worth the wait.Special Features:
- They were overwhelmed...MomDayDelightDined on 6/28/2014We like the food very much but they couldn't handle taking care of the people. Although not every table was taken, our server was slow, inattentive and seemingly unaccommodating. We sat with empty glasses, steamers and lobsters came out with no melted butter and would get cold waiting for it to arrive. For such a great place to eat it was a shame our waitress was so weak and unenthusiastic. It made for a less than perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandy muclesTableforfourDined on 6/28/2014Waitress started out friendly, she brought us our sparkling wine we asked her for an ice bucket and she did but was kind of put out we did..sandy clams..she said oh that means there fresh..ya u no little girl..means there not washed properly!! No bread and we noticed everyone Around us had some...so I guess go there for dinner but don't ask for anything...Special Features: