Atlanta Fish Market
265 Pharr Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Atlanta Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/atlanta-fish-market
- Phone: 4042623165x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Labor Day Hours: Lunch: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Holley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlanta Fish Market
From the gracious service to the Southeast’s widest selection of fresh seafood, Atlanta Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of Buckhead. With more than 100 fresh varieties from the deep flown in fresh, Atlanta Fish Market has something for everyone. The thirty-foot copper fish sculpture in front and the train station-styled building welcomes guests with its wide veranda and rocking chairs. With five television sets, the adjoining Geechee Crab lounge is a comfortable place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or simply relax with a cocktail before dinner. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of the Atlanta Fish Market. Lunch Monday – Saturday, Dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlanta Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Atlanta Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
758 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (405)fit for foodies (290)good for groups (286)neighborhood gem (175)great for lunch (152)romantic (132)hot spot (128)kid-friendly (114)notable wine list (95)vibrant bar scene (64)great for brunch (63)scenic view (26)late-night find (24)great for outdoor dining (20)Show More
- love the fish marketOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014absolutely love the fish market. yes, it can be a bit noisy but it does seem to create an active evening. the food is always outstanding. the servers also are quite outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Great Service.MELVINDined on 8/31/2014Always a great experience. I've eaten at Atlanta Fish Market many times and it never disappoints. Our server was friendly, professional and attentive. We both enjoyed our entrees.Special Features:
- good sushi and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Out of all the goodness here, which is many, my two favorites are always the sushi and drinks. The sushi melts in my mouth. The drinks are very high quality and reasonably priced for the quality. The entrees are always delicious too!!Special Features:
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Always a great experience. Food is always top notch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to the Atlanta Fish Market and we were pleasantly surprised. We were introduced to this restaurant through the Buckhead Life Summer Dine Around program. The seafood could not have been better. My friend was so impressed with the smoked salmon that we are going back again this week. Everything about our meals was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Very good fish restaurant. Definitely worth the wait. Not fancy but good.Special Features:
- Good as usualGregDined on 8/29/2014Atlanta Fish Market is another gem among the Buckhead Life Group of restaurants. Always consistent and always fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Great Experience!foodiequeenDined on 8/29/2014I dined at AFM yesterday evening. What a treat! I made a reservation that morning, & was seated with a minimal wait time when I my guest & I arrived. The service was excellent from valet to waiter. My appetizer, drink, and food was all very satisfying to the taste buds. This was my first time dining there, & I will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...great servicegeorgianativeDined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent. I had the blackened red snapper. We were sitting right next to the waiter station so the was a of foot traffic and noise. I would not like to sit at this table again. Service was very good. Would go back k for the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We chose Atlanta Fish Market specifically for their lobster rolls. They weren't nearly as good as the lobster rolls we had there in January. We wouldn't go back for these rolls. The desert was great, though,
- RustyVIPDined on 8/28/2014What a great evening. Clam chowder was scrumptious...lots of meat...very creamy. Scallops...huge portion. Crab cakes...all meat...no filler. Service was timely and friendly.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014We had a group of 12 in for a business dinner on Thursday nite. We spent some time in the bar allowing time for everyone to get there. We were seated promptly. I was told on the phone we would be in a semi private dining room with our group so was concerned that we were in the main dining room. The noise level is always a bit loud there & I was concerned that we wouldn't be able to hear each other talk but we were fine. The food was awesome as always....many shared appetizers including the civiche & oysters Rockefeller. I had my favorite the Peruvian sea bass Hong Kong style. For the health & diet conscious, this is the best fish & oh do good. Others at my table had Mahi Mahi & the salmon Hong Kong style as well & all raved about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014cafeteria atmosphere, slow service, food was tasty
- Alwats dependabletwalterVIPDined on 8/27/2014Fish Market is the best. We always share the blue crab bisque and the black grouper plus a spicy tuna roll. Superb And Hayden was a Buckhead Life pro in his service.Special Features:
- Delicious!atlfoodandfunVIPDined on 8/27/2014y wife and I went to AFM for the second time earlier this week and it was great! We got snow crab legs (divine) and yellow fin tuna (yummy). The service, as always, was fantastic. Our server was really attentive and we were never looking around for him when we needed him. Good food, great service, and a cool ambiance. I recommend for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetDivaVIPDined on 8/27/2014Atlanta Fish Market is one of my favorite seafood restaurant in Atlanta. The Rainbow Trout is the best!Special Features:
- Great Combo plate!GR8FoodDined on 8/27/2014I had a combination of scallops, salmon, shrimp and a wonderful crab cake! Everything was really great from the bread and butter to the veggies and mashed potatoes!Special Features:
- A must do in BuckheadKymafanDined on 8/27/2014Had a great time with the family. Excellent food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT AT TIMES YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO CARRY ON A CONVERSATION DUE TO NOISE LEVEL. TABLES ARE PLACED TOO CLOSE TOGETHER .Special Features:
- Salty TeriyakiNSBDMGVIPDined on 8/26/2014Made the mistake of ordering teriyaki mahi mahi. I usually just order a fresh grilled entrée. While we usually have good meals here, this was a bust!
- Needs deep clean and upgradingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014I've been going here for 5 years and can see that this place needs a deep clean and upgrades. It's starting to look outdated. Lights are out, dust everywhere...Special Features:
- Consistent But Troubles RemainatlfansDined on 8/24/2014Consistent well prepared dishes but had the same problems experienced during the last couple of visits here: slow service and absolutely no backup from the busser team. Plates not cleared, no bread, lacking water refills. But the biggest problem? FILTHY BATHROOMS!!! Both my wife and I are always scared about using them. Maybe the young managers wearing suits should check in there once and a while. They did not stop by once to check up on us and mostly were seen flirting with the hostess whose black and white striped sock of a dress was way too tight on her. Too bad too because this review should have been about the food. The lobster scampi special was so good as was their fabulous crab cake. Try the kale salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodFoodDiva36Dined on 8/23/2014Really nice decor. Good food. The waiter was also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014great food with huge menu-- can't wait to go back! service was also wonderful.. left my jacket and they called ME!Special Features:
- WineMrTaggartDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of five and ordered a bottle of wine. I knew something was up when the waiter was fumbling around with the cork screw. But when he filled the first glass (after my taste portion) I knew we were in trouble. By the time he got to the 4 person there was only a very small portion. Of course I was left out. To his credit he offered another bottle, but at $58 per bottle I said don't worry about it. But I guess it was a manager that came and filled the last 2 glasses of the same wine. All was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as ever!JacbracDined on 8/23/2014Had not been to the Fish Market in quite a while. Went for a special birthday and really enjoyed ourselves! The food was delivered hot and delicious! Samantha was a wonderful server with a most beautiful smile! We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!Nasty2DeathDined on 8/23/2014To be highly recommended this was the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. Totally overrated! The food was awful. What the menu stated was not what we received.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent restaurant with great food and service. Fantastic experience. Matthew was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, service miserableDinerAboutDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I dined on Friday evening. It took 10 minutes just to get checked in at the hostess stand for our reservation once we arrived. We waited another 15 minutes to be seated, and another 10 minutes before someone came to check on us. 15 more minutes after that for our first drinks to arrive, and by then I was not a happy camper. We ran out of water, bread, wine, and our sanity before I finally had to literally stand up and waive my arms in the air to get our server's attention. I had a heart to heart with our server where I told her the food was very good, but her service was miserable. After that things did improve, but the manager never came by to check on us. The food was all around very good.
- Good Food, Great ServiceFopsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food, better service , Fresh Fish Good food, better service , Fresh Fish Good food, better service , Fresh FishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but horrible service99autigerDined on 8/22/2014Quite honestly the worst service I have ever had at a restaurant. Our waitress was slow to do everything. 15 minutes after we were seated she finally took our drink order. 20 minutes after that we had our drinks. Oh wait, she had 5 out of 6. She forgot to put mine in the computer to have to made. That was just the start of it. It didn't get any better from that point on. The food was great, so at least we had that going for us. We did try another round of drinks. She did bring out 6 drinks this time. But, mine was wrong. Not typically a hard thing to fix if she would have come back to our table sooner than 20 minutes after the drinks were dropped off. When I finally got her attention all she did was blame the bartenders.Special Features:
- DannDined on 8/20/2014Food at AFM is always great. I love the specials and variety of seafood. A bit noisy the night we visited, but a great place for special occasions. The waitstaff was attentive and very knowledgable on menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood & serviceNolepalVIPDined on 8/20/2014Ruvana was fabulous. Kind and attentive. Our waters were kept filled continuously. Our plates removed promptly. Both fish dishes were very good (skate and salmon) but once again, the kale salad (also served at Buckhead Diner is over dressed. You folks really need to stop over dressing this salad. No idea why they think this salad needs to have so much dressing on it. My third time having it (first time here) and all three times tremendously wet. I take it home and add a ton more romaine to it and it's still dressed well. Other than the salad all was great.Special Features:
- AmazingDinnerDined on 8/19/2014We had not been to the Atlanta Fish Market in a long time, only because we had been trying other places. Big mistake had forgotten how good the food and service is here. Will return soon. Can't say enough wonderful things about our meal and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 times 105x10equalsMyLoverDined on 8/19/2014My Baby loves seafood and requested a good seafood restaurant for his birthday. After researching and knowing what my baby likes in seafood I decided we would try AFM for the first time. I noted in reservation the occasion was my Baby's 50th Birthday, he loves seafood, he is very good to me and deseves the best. We were running late (approx 30m), I called to notify, they said no problem. When we arrived we waited maybe 10 min, the hostess was very sweet, gave us a fabulous table and then wished my Baby a Happy Birthday, which let me know that they actually read my open table reservation. We LOVED everything about AFM. Order: octopus, seafood platter, lobster w/shrimp & scallops, complimentary birthday dessert & cheesecake! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningNemosVIPDined on 8/19/2014Fish Market was very good, not great, & for the money we thought it could have been better. Our appetizer of Tuna Tartare was exquisite. Everything else was good. We ordered grouper that was very bland, salad ordinary, bread disappointing. Dessert of Bread pudding was served hot & was delicious. Don't know if we will return any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Fish in AtlantaluvgrazinDined on 8/18/2014Wow! Fabulous dining. The huge 40 foot fish out front makes a big promise of what is to follow inside and it delivers! The food was nothing short of spectacularly delicious and was without a doubt the star of the show. However, the interior was comfortable and suitable to the menu and had a atomosphere of elegance. The service was also excellent...just enough, not too intrusive. Atlanta Fish Market is on my list of favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...AveragejillDined on 8/16/2014The food was great, but everything else was slipshod. The noise level made conversation difficult, and the service was inattentive at best. I asked the bartender for a mojito and was told, "We don't have the mix any more." At this price point, I would have expected a real cocktail.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Great mid price range restaurant. It was was family friendly. The fish was excellent a large variety of fresh fish to select from. You can choose from 4-5 different ways to prepare. My only negative was we had a 7:15 reservation. We arrived 15 min early got our beeper and sat in the bar. After waiting for half hr past our reservation and seeing someone seated that had only been there for five min. I checked with the host our beeper was blinking but had not been activated fully. What?? Other than that great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.