Atlanta Fish Market
265 Pharr Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Atlanta Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/atlanta-fish-market
- Phone: 4042623165x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Labor Day Hours: Lunch: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Holley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlanta Fish Market
From the gracious service to the Southeast’s widest selection of fresh seafood, Atlanta Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of Buckhead. With more than 100 fresh varieties from the deep flown in fresh, Atlanta Fish Market has something for everyone. The thirty-foot copper fish sculpture in front and the train station-styled building welcomes guests with its wide veranda and rocking chairs. With five television sets, the adjoining Geechee Crab lounge is a comfortable place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or simply relax with a cocktail before dinner. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of the Atlanta Fish Market. Lunch Monday – Saturday, Dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlanta Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Atlanta Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
730 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (366)fit for foodies (306)good for groups (280)neighborhood gem (174)great for lunch (145)hot spot (119)romantic (116)kid-friendly (90)notable wine list (81)vibrant bar scene (59)great for brunch (46)late-night find (24)scenic view (17)great for outdoor dining (13)Show More
- junejDined on 9/28/2014Waiter was very good. Stuffed shrimp a little too spicy. Wine was very good and sufficient amount.Special Features:
- ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014At dinner, you are forced to pay for valet parking. You car is taken less than 100 ft. Big turn off not allowing self park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinner at AFMTrixiEatsVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were taking advantage of Buckhead Life's Summer Dine Around program and had a discount card to dine at Atlanta Fish Market. Although their fish is fresh and well prepared, the dining experience left much to be desired. On her first approach to our table, our waitperson asked if we were ready to order.(?) No offer to take drink order or recommendation for an appetizer. Then the kitchen timing was off - we'd hardly begun our appetizers (soups) when our entrees are delivered. Then as we were near finishing our entrees, the waitperson appears and offers the check. Did not ask about dessert, coffee. Usually at Buckhead Life restaurants, the service is stellar and the dining experience great. Disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014STEAK PRICES ARE MUCH TOO HIGH FOR THE SELECTION OF PEPPER RUBS OR HAVING IT BLACKENED NEED A GOOD BONE-IN RIB EYE WITH 7 OR 12 PEPPER RUB OR PEPPERCORN SAUCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealsVADinersLoveToEatVIPDined on 9/27/2014We dined here for the first time and were happy with the food preparation, appearance and taste. Portions were generous but not overly so. The casual atmosphere lends itself for a large group to have a fun time. Our server, Serge, was absolutely one of the best servers we have ever had anywhere. His knowledge of the menu, the interest he took in us personally and his wonderful demeanor made our meal very enjoyable. The only downside is that the appetizers are expensive and they had no salad, even a house salad until $8.50. The chopped salad was a good choice that we shared. The seafood Newburg was very good, served hot in an iron skillet. The trout was served with fresh veggies. Great preparation. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- HoustonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014A great way to obtain a table on a busy night. The wait was minimal. I will share it with friends going forward...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food!sashamDined on 9/26/2014We stuck to simple dishes - mahi mahi and grouper. The fish was fabulous and the portions generous. Sweet potato, wedge salad, and steamed vegetables were excellent. This wasn't a cheap outing, but it was worth it. The food was both healthy and delicious, a tough combination to find in Atlanta. We sat in a new dining area, which I believe used to be the bar. The decor wasn't great, but the food was so good that we didn't mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGeepDined on 9/25/2014Food, service, wine was great. Always great food. One of our favorite Buckhead restaurants. Noisy, but not so bad. Great menu to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good except the fly in my wineHermoineDined on 9/24/2014We really had a great time, and the service while not super attentive, was fine, the food was delicious and they even provided a birthday cake for my husband's birthday. However, a fly died in my wine; it took about 15 min. for them to replace the glass, and it they still charged us for it. At the very least, they should have not charged for the glass of wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lunch In The Bar Area...keywestkrazyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great place to people watch;-) We always meet in the Bar area, and then always decide to stay there and have our lunch served there. Friendly crowd. The Jumbo Lump crab cocktail is the best I have Ever had. The Crab salad is also a good light choice. the cedar planked salmon is delicious as a lunch choice. Fish always seems fresh, and Love the fact that you can go to the fish market in the back and buy fresh goodies....Love ItsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta Fish MarketBkhddiningDined on 9/24/2014The appetizer hushpuppies were amazing. I ordered the special....Sea Bass, Hong Kong Style. The bass was tasteless and mushy. The sauce was Ok, the spinach delicious. Spouse ordered a fried flounder platter and he said he would order it again. It was our 48th wedding anniversary and a free dessert was provided. That was nice. Our waitress was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!MeddyeBVIPDined on 9/22/2014Service and food were top notch. Look forward to returning!Special Features:
- tasty and variedlove2eatoutDined on 9/21/2014Lots of choices. some are hit and miss. Service was great.Special Features:
- 1st not so good experiencemellythedivaVIPDined on 9/21/2014This was my first not so good experience at AFM. The food was over cooked and not hot when brought to the table. It wasn't busy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of loudbmompDined on 9/21/2014My husband and I were going out for a nice meal before a concert. We were sat in a small room off the bar with a huge very loud group. They left after about 20 minutes of us being there. The food was wonderful. The specialty drinks were very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood!tlblackDined on 9/21/2014Atlanta Fish Market has become my new favorite seafood restaurant. The seafood is always fresh and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/20EatingoutDined on 9/20/2014Food was really good. Nice selection of seafood. Great service and vibrant ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAlex125RDined on 9/20/2014Our waiter Jeremy was great! Food was great but the booth we sat in was not the most comfortable. Other than that, we'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantTheonlytnt29Dined on 9/20/2014I absolutely love it here! This was my first time going and the experience was awesome. The waiter was everything you could possibly want and more. The food was cooked to perfection. The sushi was amazing. This may become a regular place for me to get sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday dinner!ChasGirlinATLDined on 9/19/2014I was celebrating my 28th birthday and I had some friends in town from my hometown Charleston. We love seafood in Charleston so I thought this would be a great place to have my birthday dinner. The food was really great! Our server, was awesome and took really good care of us. I will definitely be going back, even just for a random dinner.Special Features:
- Fresh, Fabulous and Favored!ProsperityIIVIPDined on 9/18/2014Hands down, the freshest seafood in town! You can't beat the quality and menu selection in an energetic, customer-#1 atmosphere. Right in the heart of the Buckhead nightlife and shops, Atlanta Fish Market is the queen of the Buckhead Life Group, and has a energetic marketplace feel. We opted for the 1.5 lb lobster and the crab cakes -- extraordinary! The mashed potatoes and green beans that accompanied my entree were 'creamy' and 'snappy' (on the beans) -- just right!! I ended with the tiramisu and my friend, the apple tart. Every dessert is homemade, so what a way to 'top-off' a delicious evening. Our server was top notch, and attentive to every detail. We left happy AND full!Special Features:
- date night with PhilPhilDined on 9/18/2014I thought it was overall a very good experience. The food was especially good. I would recommend to anyone. The waiter was excellent. The only thing that could have been better if the table had not been next to the waiter station.. I was however very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Small portionsSeafoodloverDined on 9/17/2014We were surprised by the size of the appetizer portion, we ordered Calamari and for the 3 of us wasn't enough. It was fresh and tasty, just small. Server was friendly and had great recommendations but seemed overwhelmed and took a while to bring things. Our main dishes were also small portions for the price, and one wasn't complete. By the time he brought the remainder of the vegetables we were done eating. Overall it was a good experience, food was amazing but could have been better if they were better staffed. Not the server's fault. Bigger portion sizes would be nice considering the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every Dish ComplimentedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014We had a party of 9 and between the appetizers, entrees, beverages, wine list, service, and desert there was nothing but positive compliments for every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fresh fish everRPF3VIPDined on 9/17/2014Fish market with customers... Perfect place. Great food nice setting informed serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodYnotDined on 9/17/2014Once again finding ourselves traveling in from the suburbs to take our daughter to dinner, we were thinking where should we go. We have been to the Atlanta Fish Market many times because we can always count on it having excellent food and atmosphere. Did not disappoint, it was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Must go here!RobertDined on 9/16/2014Outstanding food, excellent service, just fantastic! This is a regular dinner and entertaining spot for me when I travel to Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non seafood loversButchDined on 9/15/2014I am a non seafood lover, but my wife loves seafood. So, we come to AFM to eat. There is plenty for her, but not for me. I order the prime rib, what I get is something that resembles a flat iron steak, why? So, if the menu is limited to just a few items, for non seafood lovers, then please bring your "A" game on these foods. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful meal fish was cooked to perfection great waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood In AtlantaDealmakerVIPDined on 9/14/2014The seafood at The Atlanta Fish Market is the freshest in the metro Atlanta area, You can always count on great seafood at The Atlanta Fish Market. Prices have risen, but still it is a good restaurant. It is time for the ownership to put some money into the restaurant as it is very worn.Special Features:
- Great service and foodNolepalVIPDined on 9/14/2014Lexie and the table svc were on point. Friendly and attentive. The food was good and everything tasted fresh. A lot of different healthy options and decadent ones if you prefer to splurge. Like the casual atmosphere but upscale food.Special Features:
- Must ReturnMoniDined on 9/14/2014This was my husband and myself first time dining at Atlanta Fish Market. We both were like OH MY Goodness why have we never been here. The food was very good, the seafood was fresh, and the service was great. We have made a vow to go once a month and even more just to get the bread pudding to go on the weekends. Love everything about this restaurant, will definitely take all our out of town friends when they visit!Special Features:
- FantasticMattDined on 9/13/2014The food is, as always has been, fantastic. This trip the service was very much lacking, but having been a number of times, I know this was an isolated incident. Very much looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great attentionvanmaaliDined on 9/13/2014The wait staff was very attentive, she lead us thru the menuSpecial Features:
- The food was incredible!SuzieQDined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious!!!!! The service started out good but then fizzled as the meal progressed. At one point the waiter's assistant walked by and I stopped him to ask for a refill of water and I was quickly greeted with "what do you want." Disappointed to say the least!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attitude is everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I are frequent diners at the AFM and we always schedule via Opentable and have asked that our profile for this restaurant indicate dining in the upper level. The restaurant has a lower section which is very open and loud which is why I never sit in this section. Upon arrival for my reservation there was a line of approx. 10 people so I went to the hostess stand and politely asked if I should wait in the line or not given it was my actual reservation time. The hostess rudely replied yes, you need to wait in the line too. I then asked if my preference for seating in the upper level was noted and she again rudely responded, "we will do the best we can". Really? as opposed to we will get you seated there as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Meets and exceeds expectationsStephgeeDined on 9/12/2014Even on a crowded night, the service and food were impeccable. They are able to meet special dietary needs and are so efficient. The valet parking was even nicely run. I was met at my car with an umbrellaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A RegularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014As always a good experience. Amin our server was on his first night and had obviously been well prepared and did a great job. One comment is that it might be time to re-stuff your booth seating. Not that comfortable for a lengthy dinner. They sit very low and cause you have to sit upright and forward which was hard to hold. That said we will continue to come and get our Sushi and fish fix. Thanks!Special Features:
- datenightDined on 9/12/2014With poor reception desk placement and someone in training on a Friday night this was not a good start! They lost our seating paper as they place a small receipt on the side of the counter and it had fallen next to the desk. I waited another 10 minutes before they made it right. At least give us a manager visit to apologize for any inconvenience. The food was ok - nothing great for the price paid.Special Features:
- Bad evpereice with the choices!buckheaddinnersVIPDined on 9/11/2014I was at the restaurant for my birthday. I was with my mom from out of town, 4 of my children and my husband. We ordered appetizers and sushi. The waiter told us about the special, a tempura seafood delight, that several of us wanted. We did not read the menu as it sounded great. The polite waiter returned in about 10 minutes to tell us that they were completely out of the special. I was very disappointed. For my birthday meal I ended up with something that was $20 more and I did not like as much. You should monitor your supply more. No one wants to be let down on their birthday or if they have picked your restaurant when travelling from OHIO!Special Features: