Atlanta Fish Market
265 Pharr Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Atlanta Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/atlanta-fish-market
- Phone: 4042623165x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Labor Day Hours: Lunch: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Holley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlanta Fish Market
From the gracious service to the Southeast’s widest selection of fresh seafood, Atlanta Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of Buckhead. With more than 100 fresh varieties from the deep flown in fresh, Atlanta Fish Market has something for everyone. The thirty-foot copper fish sculpture in front and the train station-styled building welcomes guests with its wide veranda and rocking chairs. With five television sets, the adjoining Geechee Crab lounge is a comfortable place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or simply relax with a cocktail before dinner. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of the Atlanta Fish Market. Lunch Monday – Saturday, Dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlanta Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Atlanta Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
693 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (344)fit for foodies (299)good for groups (263)neighborhood gem (171)great for lunch (132)hot spot (110)romantic (99)kid-friendly (85)notable wine list (74)vibrant bar scene (53)great for brunch (43)late-night find (30)scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- seafood heavenchevymanDined on 10/18/2014Great seafood dishes, great service, not a romantic restaurant but very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Best meal we had in 5 years. Big portions, fresh fish, good price.Special Features:
- Great Fish PlaceRondDined on 10/18/2014Great choices of fish. They provide many ways for fish to be prepared. The grouper, snapper, and swordfish were all very good. The price was very reasonable for the quality and quantity of fish I tasted. If you want fish and something other than salmon, tilapia, and fried white fish this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, Drink and Be MerrysmartblondVIPDined on 10/17/2014I took my dad here for dinner and the food is excellent and the service is great. While the hostesses were less than pleasant, our waitress was wonderful. The seafood is fresh and the drinks are fun. This is a place to see and be seen without being too frou frou. Loved my experience there and would recommend it to the stingiest of seafood eaters.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant and serviceArticulate12Dined on 10/17/2014The food was great, appropriate temperature..Crab cake was moist and full of texture...lump crabSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekday waitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014Wife and I took my daughter there Thursday night, the place was less than 1/3 full. Took 1 hour and ten minutes to get our food and was there over two hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKKMCHICAGODined on 10/15/2014The food was absolutely amazing and had great pricing. We came in with a large group for a business dinner and everything was wonderful, including the service. Great wine list and specialty cocktails. The lobster was fabulous and fresh. I recommend the lobster with a side of twice baked potatoes, they are unlike all others. We will definitely come back next time we are in Atlanta.Special Features:
- travellingmanDined on 10/15/2014We dined here while attending a convention. The restaurant was recommended by the hotel. The experience was excellent. The lobster special recommended by the waitress was perfect. Deserts were all great. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management IndifferenceNativeADined on 10/15/2014I have dined here over the years and it's been great. However my experience the other evening reflects a growing indifference by management. Country music fit for Ryan's Steakhouse was playing and was told by several personnel this is "what the owner likes." Unless I've been out west, maybe on the ranch with Ted in Montana, I would suggest to Buckhead Group Owners, to pay attention to their market and demographics. The music genre of country/western is not popular among most, and this native Atlantan prefers something more upscale and befitting what has been in the past, a better class of restaurant. Management response to comments on this point was filled with robotics and apathy.Special Features:
- Anniversary/Special OccasionAnniversaryDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I love coming to the Atlanta Fish Market for our anniversary. Its become our "thing". We've tried several of the Buckhead Dining Group restaurants but so far Atlanta Fish Market always wins for a special occasion and a reasonable dining price--especially for Buckhead. The food is always unique and the service is outstanding. We always get this nice little secluded corner so you can see into the front garden and overlook the fish bar itself. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Fun Night OutFunNightOutDined on 10/12/2014With my daughter and grand-daughter before seeing Disney on Ice - Frozen The food was excellent and the waitress was very attentive. We really enjoyed everything including the sushi! Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:
- never disappointedIamhungryDined on 10/11/2014It's a bit noisy at this restaurant but not noisy enough to keep us away. The food is very good and never over cooked. The wait staff is always friendly and the service is prompt, food is served hot. Only negative thing I would say about this last time is that we were seated at a booth for the first time. The bench cushions in the booth are way too soft and need to be replaced. We all commented that we felt like small children because you sat so low which made the table seem really high. Ask for a table, not a booth.Special Features:
- Good Food but Lackluster DrinksGoodEatsBadDrinksDined on 10/11/2014I loved my broiled seafood platter. It was my first time so I wanted a scattering of everything. It comes with two large shrimp, 3 scallops, salmon filet and crab cake. The crab cakes are quite meaty. The scallops were the best I ever had. The salmon with the lemon butter was to die for. We went out for my boyfriend's birthday and they gave him a a free dessert. They don't sing which I like! Our server was very nice and so was the hostess so the service gets an A. The restaurant has a downfall though. The drinks are NOT good. After reviewing the tiny drink menu and not seeing anything that tickled our fancy we ordered something simple.The bartender made both of our drinks so horribly we did not order any more.Special Features:
- Wasn't wowedPigLatinDined on 10/10/2014Long time customer only if it is a couple times a year. Went here on our anniversary. The staff seems new and hurried. the lobster special was below par. The appetizers of sushi and kale salad were excellent. when you drop $100, you want to be wowed. We weren't wowed.Special Features:
- outstandingConcrete1989Dined on 10/10/2014Service and food was great. Using the OpenTable for reservations. ..priceless concSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday event!AtlantaGoodLife1Dined on 10/9/2014Best sushi I've ever had. Food was ok a little salty, but ok. Definitely not worth the money. My husband was still hungry when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the place!seafoodloverDined on 10/9/2014Service was spectacular and food was delicious! Ceviche is one of my favorite meals and this place not only has good Ceviche but it has a twist to it. This will be our new gate away spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, great!bamagirlDined on 10/9/2014We visit Atlanta several times a year and always have dinner at the Atlanta Fish Market. They have never disappointed us in the quality of their food or in their friendly and efficient wait service. We love their crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Every year we celebrate our anniversary at the Fish Market. The food is always good and service is always great.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014It was very nice, but loud. As it gets late in the evening the crowd dwindles and you can hear better. Other than that it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLarryVIPDined on 10/5/2014As in many of our visits food and friendly service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my birthayoverratedDined on 10/5/2014It was really nice our server was so nice and sweet. I always love coming here. I have not had a bad experience yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant going down hillGRANNY04Dined on 10/5/2014We were seated in the bar area instead of the main dining room even though there were a few people in the main dining area. We had two people waiting on us and we're getting the same questions asked by both. I ordered the mussels in white wine sauce. I had to ask for a small fork and empty plate to put the shells. My husband had the fried seafood platter. The crust was not seasoned and when you cut into the scallop or the fish the crusted would fall off. The French fries were limp and cold and the hush puppies were dry. This was our fifth time going to the resturant and every time we have gone it has gone down each time. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Good Food/Caotic EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The food is consistently good, but getting seated is always a challenge. After checking in a few minutes early for our 7:30pm reservation and receiving a transponder that supposedly would page us when our table was ready, we sat for 15 minutes watching 5 - yes 5 - "hostesses" try to keep track of whom to seat. When I finally stepped back up to the hostess stand, I was told that I wasn't actually checked in. When I showed the girl my transponder and assured her we in fact had checked in early, she looked confused, then assured me that I was now checked in and would be seated next. In short, getting seated was a complete hassle. The good news is that the food is consistently good and the service is better once you sit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostQuiqueDined on 10/4/2014Too expensive for us, specially now that we are retired teachers!Special Features:
- Great Open Table ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Made reservation through Open Table and in memo said that we were celebrating my Dad's birthday with family. From the greeting at the door, through a complimentary dessert everyone on the staff was cordial and spoke to the event. Made for a great evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DRDAHDined on 10/4/2014Food and service were excellent.....I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Fun placeNewleywedsforeverDined on 10/3/2014great place to visit, eat and drink. extensive menu, great fish selection and cocktail listing.Special Features:
- HabortownregularVIPDined on 10/3/2014Always great, always a favorite for nearly 20 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, as expectedPMacVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had our expected excellent seafood dining experience, from the standpoint of all of the food being top-notch quality and well-prepared.Special Features:
- Excellent fish restaurantCYBERBATDined on 10/1/2014Excellent fish restaurant. The best fish restaurant in Buckhead, in Atlanta, GASpecial Features:
- Menu selection was excellentBigFisherman2Dined on 10/1/2014Enjoyed the experience. Grown son and daughter (a repeat customer) were pleased. Waitress Amelia was cordial and supplied birthday "suprise" as requested. Good food, ambience for friends and family. Car delivered undamaged... important. Will return for more:)Special Features:
- Amazing as always!19balabusta54Dined on 9/30/2014My husband and I both ordered the Skillet Newburg. This dish is absolutely delicious, chock full of fresh seafood. It's our new favorite dish at AFM!Special Features:
- Special Night OutGracieDined on 9/30/2014Enjoy a special dinner date and dine at Atlanta Fish Market. The food is excellent and so is the atmosphere and the service. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Atlanta Fish Market Review 9/30/14DebbieDined on 9/30/2014We were celebrating a Retirement Dinner and the restaurant was able to accommodate my request for our group to be seated on the porch whereit was not as loud. They also were able to accommodate an additional person who RSVP'd late and that was much appreciated. Our server was very attentive and friendly and the food was great. Glad we chose this restaurant for our special occasion.Special Features:
- Love this place!Redwards5Dined on 9/30/2014One of our favorites among the Buckhead Life group.Special Features:
- junejDined on 9/28/2014Waiter was very good. Stuffed shrimp a little too spicy. Wine was very good and sufficient amount.Special Features:
- ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014At dinner, you are forced to pay for valet parking. You car is taken less than 100 ft. Big turn off not allowing self park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinner at AFMTrixiEatsVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were taking advantage of Buckhead Life's Summer Dine Around program and had a discount card to dine at Atlanta Fish Market. Although their fish is fresh and well prepared, the dining experience left much to be desired. On her first approach to our table, our waitperson asked if we were ready to order.(?) No offer to take drink order or recommendation for an appetizer. Then the kitchen timing was off - we'd hardly begun our appetizers (soups) when our entrees are delivered. Then as we were near finishing our entrees, the waitperson appears and offers the check. Did not ask about dessert, coffee. Usually at Buckhead Life restaurants, the service is stellar and the dining experience great. Disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014STEAK PRICES ARE MUCH TOO HIGH FOR THE SELECTION OF PEPPER RUBS OR HAVING IT BLACKENED NEED A GOOD BONE-IN RIB EYE WITH 7 OR 12 PEPPER RUB OR PEPPERCORN SAUCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.