Atlanta Fish Market
265 Pharr Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Atlanta Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/atlanta-fish-market
- Phone: (404) 262-3165
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Labor Day Hours: Lunch: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Holley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlanta Fish Market
From the gracious service to the Southeast’s widest selection of fresh seafood, Atlanta Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of Buckhead. With more than 100 fresh varieties from the deep flown in fresh, Atlanta Fish Market has something for everyone. The thirty-foot copper fish sculpture in front and the train station-styled building welcomes guests with its wide veranda and rocking chairs. With five television sets, the adjoining Geechee Crab lounge is a comfortable place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or simply relax with a cocktail before dinner. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of the Atlanta Fish Market. Lunch Monday – Saturday, Dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlanta Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Atlanta Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
600 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (319)fit for foodies (277)good for groups (251)neighborhood gem (154)great for lunch (114)hot spot (96)romantic (93)kid-friendly (67)notable wine list (59)vibrant bar scene (47)great for brunch (31)late-night find (31)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014OK but somewhat dissapointed - I expected "specia", but it wasn'tlI would recommend this to a friend.
- EBethVIPDined on 11/24/2014I go to Atlanta Fish Market at least twice a year for special occassion of celebrating my birthday and one of my best friends. Always consistent good service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Training OpportunityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014As a regular diner with the Buckhead Life Group for years, I have to admit that I was a bit surprised that my server made the cut into a public facing role. My first impression was not positive as she greeted me with "hickies" on her neck. That aside, there was an overall lack of awareness or attention to service. Butter was delivered to the table, but no bread. Chowder but no bread or crackers. Lobster was served without the honey mustard sauce as described on the menu and salad was overlooked completely.
- Seafood Haven !LonnieDined on 11/23/2014Wonderful selection of seafood with great ambiance. This is truly a standout for Seafood in Metro Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not have what my fiancé wanted.GerardDined on 11/22/2014Terrible!! Will not return for a third time. First time was great. Second time was the worst. My fiancé wanted they lobster. & they told us they had no lobster at all!!!Special Features:
- Disappointing at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/22/2014After saving this spot for many years, the resulting occasion was disappointing. After making reservations and bringing it to the attention of the hostess, we received a "draughty" table near the entrance to the patio. Drinks were mediocre but commanded a fair price Last but not least the fish, I ordered the fresh swordfish, medium, was cooked through and dry. The cashew crust was tasteless and uninspired. I would not recommend this place to acquaintances.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/22/2014Been a long time since I've been here. Had drinks at the bar. Very lively scene and good cocktails. Then went to dinner in the main dining room. The rainbow trout amandine and the Scottish salmon dishes were both very tasty. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Mostly GoodYumYumDined on 11/22/2014I started with the Clam Chowder and then the broiled seafood platter. The platter was fine but the chowder was disappointing. It was barely warm and had clumps of flour in it. I pointed this out to the waitress who gladly took it back but it appears all they did was heat it in a microwave and stir it because when it came back, the clams were very chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service,,pricey.OldGuyPeteDined on 11/22/2014Nice experience. Nothing to complain about except the cost. We had a lobster special and broiled seafood platter...both well prepared. The service was excellent. We thought that the cost was excessive...out of line with other places with comparable food and service. For a splurge night, a good choice. We dined early so the noise was minimal, but I believe it will be a different story at prime dining time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and service at Atlanta Fish MarketSharpieSailorDined on 11/22/2014For our 34th wedding anniversary, I wanted to treat my wife to a restaurant in Buckhead that we had wanted to try for quite a while. We both enjoy seafood, so the 'Atlanta Fish Market' seemed the logical choice. As this was our first time there, I used 'Open Table' for our reservations. Glad I did, because we were shown to our table the moment we arrived. We were attended by an awesome waiter who made our entire dining experience most enjoyable. From the appetizer, wine & main course on through to the custom 'Happy Anniversary' dessert, it was a great evening. After dinner, the valet staff did an outstanding job of quickly getting our car despite the now bustling evening. Will definitely use Open Table whenever possible and we look forward to coming back to AFM and trying others in the Buckhead Life restaurant group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great experience!JAACHAVIPDined on 11/21/2014We dined, again, at our favorite spot, The Atlanta Fish Market! Of all the Buckhead Life Restaurants, this one is our "fav" and it's the best value!! My wife always has a piece of fish and I have the sushi and both are delicious! The staff there takes good care of us and makes the dining experience, lovely!! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBGIBSON40Dined on 11/17/2014U went here to celebrate a special occasion and they made us feel very at home. The food was great. The waiter was very patient with us. Overall great visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was underseasoned, lobster roll was toughShaniSVIPDined on 11/16/2014Won't be back. Food wasn't good. Lobster was over cooked for the lobster roll. The other two dishes were served extra hot and we couldn't eat them for at least 15 mins once they arrived at the table. Bread was hard and too much to eat. Not a good experience and we won't be back unless changes are made. Seems this place has gone down.Special Features:
- fish marketOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014We come to AFM usually to celebrate a birthday with friends. The food was great add usual (cedar planked salmon). Service was good. The waiter who brought the food to the table seemed a little disturbed when one of the orders was incorrect side dish. OTHERWISE, a favorite of the whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad we tried againSNickDined on 11/15/2014I always loved this restaurant. Good fresh fish in the Atlanta area is rare. I am from the Northern Coast and never realized how lucky we were to have fresh fish so readily available. We discovered AFM about 3 years ago and started visiting regularly. One visit with very poor service scared us off for a while. We decided to visit again after several months away. So glad we did!! Once again excellent service, excellent meal!! Suggestions-the Ice Tower , NE steamed clams, Rainbow Roll, Oysters, Crab cakes. The list is endless......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightWineSnobDined on 11/15/2014I take my 10 year old son out to fine dining restaurants because I believe the ability to behave properly in public is a life lesson often overlooked by many parents. His most favorite "special" place is AFM. This was our third visit. The food is ALWAYS amazing but I was bothered this time by the gaggle of teenage-esk scantily clad ladies gathered around the hostess stand. Their giggling and high heeled teetering deducted from the "fine dining" experience. Otherwise, the food and service were superb - as always. Oh, and come on, fix those missing tiles in the ceiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday experience!BufordDined on 11/15/2014Visited 11/15 for my wife's birthday. We were seated promptly and our server was very professional and friendly. Cocktails and appetizers were served quickly but not rushed. As we were enjoying our starters, we noticed the restaurant was filling up quickly, and I believe that is why there was a slowdown in our service. When our meals were served we requested extra condiments that did not arrive until we alerted another server. After dinner, our coffee service was also slow to arrive. However, the food was fantastic. I had the Chilean Sea Bass, and my wife had lobster, and both were done to perfection. Overall, we were very satisfied, but I would like to see a little more attention to service during the busiest times on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodAlanVIPDined on 11/14/2014Reasonable prices, generous portions, fresh seafood, and good service are the hallmark of this Buckhead restaurant. What more can you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulBarbVIPDined on 11/14/2014This place never ceases to amaze me. The food and service are always excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal!!ZimrobDined on 11/11/2014We had 3 outstanding meals and would highly recommend this restaurant to any fish lover!. Meals were served hot and were tasty, fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta Fish MarketCoolBreezeDined on 11/9/2014My first time dining at the Atlanta Fish Market was enjoyable. The server was very attentive, the food was prepared as ordered and tasty. On an early Sunday afternoon, it was also not crowded so we took our time eating and talking and never felt rushed. I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food served professionallyplantdrDined on 11/9/2014We ate at lunch and were served impeccably- all dishes were first rate quality with an eye to detail. AFM consistently provides quality food in a relaxed yet professional atmosphere. If you want really good service and some flavorful seafood you can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The food and service was excellent. A wonderful place for a special night out to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Gumbo isn't...NeutronbeamDined on 11/8/2014Gumbo doesn't have octopus tentacles or fish in it...it was okay but it's not gumbo; it was more pure seafood stew. Would have preferred andouille sausage and/or crawfish.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant in AtlantaTrmedoraDined on 11/7/2014Amazing experience with an amazing chef. I took a non seafood person and they loved every single dish served. This is the best restaurant in all of Atlants. A must go to place on all foodies list. My family had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta fish MarketFoodie2Dined on 11/7/2014We went for a special occasion for the first time. The service was excellent. Our waitress thoroughly answered our questions about the menu and paid close attention to my food allergy. The meal was just delicious, with so many options to choose from. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, again!AllyVIPDined on 11/7/2014AFM never disappoints. We always get the cedar plank salmon, whipped sweet potato, and corn chowder! The food is absolutely worth every penny!Special Features:
- Excellent SeafoodDrumdoctorDined on 11/7/2014Incredible food ... My wife and I had the broiled seafood platter, and lobster sushi appetizer ... Top notch sushi !! Pear martini was great , wait staff is excellent ! Can't wait to return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSHarryDined on 11/6/2014We loved it, the food is just FABULOUS! I don't know when I have enjoyed a meal so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy this location when in townGoodplaceDined on 11/5/2014This is a very nice spot with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner!JohnsonDined on 11/4/2014This was our third time visiting the restaurant and we were delighted to get our favorite appetizer, calamari. The combination of the sweet & spicy flavor is one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Food was greatAaacserviceDined on 11/4/2014Had the Lobster Scampi special. It was very good. Early on a Tuesday 6pm had a reservation but didn't need it. 4 people appetizers drinks and dinner came to $220, We come here for special occasions.Special Features:
- Fit for special occasionWoodenStixDined on 11/3/2014Primarily due to combination of price and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, Service slowLikesGoodFoodDined on 11/2/2014My party and I waited 50 minutes on a Sunday afternoon for our entrees without any explanation as to why the kitchen was slow.Special Features:
- No communicationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The server and the kitchen did not communicated ending up having the appetizer and the dinner at the same time.Special Features:
- joelDined on 11/1/2014Waitress very busy with to many other large tables that our party of 3 had a hard time getting the best service and attention. Food was great and hot when delivered as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeatmark7703Dined on 11/1/2014I am a repeat customer and every time the restaurant out performs the previous time, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FISH IN TOWNCharlieDined on 11/1/2014We have visited the Atlanta Fish Market many times over the last 20+ years. Each time we go we ask ourselves why we don't eat there more often. Though it is 20+ miles from our home, the food is consistently perfect, the service is excellent, and the atmosphere is great. The Atlanta Fish Market is easily the best seafood restaurant in the Atlanta metro area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousfortheloveofitVIPDined on 11/1/2014Atlanta Fish Market is a staple in our diet. We love the fresh seafood, you just can't go wrong here if you are a seafood lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta Fish MarketHoffdaddy26Dined on 10/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary (#32) at Atlanta Fish Market. Our server was very attentive and patient when we could not decide o the meals to order. He provided answers to our questions about specific items quickly. Food service was quick enough for a busy restaurant on a Thursday night. Everything we had was cooked well and tasted great. The restaurant even provided a surprise dessert for us to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.