Atlanta Fish Market
265 Pharr Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Atlanta Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/atlanta-fish-market
- Phone: 4042623165x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Labor Day Hours: Lunch: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Holley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlanta Fish Market
From the gracious service to the Southeast’s widest selection of fresh seafood, Atlanta Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of Buckhead. With more than 100 fresh varieties from the deep flown in fresh, Atlanta Fish Market has something for everyone. The thirty-foot copper fish sculpture in front and the train station-styled building welcomes guests with its wide veranda and rocking chairs. With five television sets, the adjoining Geechee Crab lounge is a comfortable place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or simply relax with a cocktail before dinner. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of the Atlanta Fish Market. Lunch Monday – Saturday, Dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlanta Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Atlanta Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
739 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (392)good for groups (276)fit for foodies (275)neighborhood gem (166)great for lunch (151)romantic (133)hot spot (125)kid-friendly (110)notable wine list (94)great for brunch (65)vibrant bar scene (62)late-night find (25)scenic view (25)great for outdoor dining (21)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT AT TIMES YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO CARRY ON A CONVERSATION DUE TO NOISE LEVEL. TABLES ARE PLACED TOO CLOSE TOGETHER .Special Features:
- Salty TeriyakiNSBDMGVIPDined on 8/26/2014Made the mistake of ordering teriyaki mahi mahi. I usually just order a fresh grilled entrée. While we usually have good meals here, this was a bust!
- Consistent But Troubles RemainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Consistent well prepared dishes but had the same problems experienced during the last couple of visits here: slow service and absolutely no backup from the busser team. Plates not cleared, no bread, lacking water refills. But the biggest problem? FILTHY BATHROOMS!!! Both my wife and I are always scared about using them. Maybe the young managers wearing suits should check in there once and a while. They did not stop by once to check up on us and mostly were seen flirting with the hostess whose black and white striped sock of a dress was way too tight on her. Too bad too because this review should have been about the food. The lobster scampi special was so good as was their fabulous crab cake. Try the kale salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodFoodDiva36Dined on 8/23/2014Really nice decor. Good food. The waiter was also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014great food with huge menu-- can't wait to go back! service was also wonderful.. left my jacket and they called ME!Special Features:
- WineMrTaggartDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of five and ordered a bottle of wine. I knew something was up when the waiter was fumbling around with the cork screw. But when he filled the first glass (after my taste portion) I knew we were in trouble. By the time he got to the 4 person there was only a very small portion. Of course I was left out. To his credit he offered another bottle, but at $58 per bottle I said don't worry about it. But I guess it was a manager that came and filled the last 2 glasses of the same wine. All was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as ever!JacbracDined on 8/23/2014Had not been to the Fish Market in quite a while. Went for a special birthday and really enjoyed ourselves! The food was delivered hot and delicious! Samantha was a wonderful server with a most beautiful smile! We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!Nasty2DeathDined on 8/23/2014To be highly recommended this was the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. Totally overrated! The food was awful. What the menu stated was not what we received.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent restaurant with great food and service. Fantastic experience. Matthew was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, service miserableDinerAboutDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I dined on Friday evening. It took 10 minutes just to get checked in at the hostess stand for our reservation once we arrived. We waited another 15 minutes to be seated, and another 10 minutes before someone came to check on us. 15 more minutes after that for our first drinks to arrive, and by then I was not a happy camper. We ran out of water, bread, wine, and our sanity before I finally had to literally stand up and waive my arms in the air to get our server's attention. I had a heart to heart with our server where I told her the food was very good, but her service was miserable. After that things did improve, but the manager never came by to check on us. The food was all around very good.
- Good Food, Great ServiceFopsVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food, better service , Fresh Fish Good food, better service , Fresh Fish Good food, better service , Fresh FishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but horrible service99autigerDined on 8/22/2014Quite honestly the worst service I have ever had at a restaurant. Our waitress was slow to do everything. 15 minutes after we were seated she finally took our drink order. 20 minutes after that we had our drinks. Oh wait, she had 5 out of 6. She forgot to put mine in the computer to have to made. That was just the start of it. It didn't get any better from that point on. The food was great, so at least we had that going for us. We did try another round of drinks. She did bring out 6 drinks this time. But, mine was wrong. Not typically a hard thing to fix if she would have come back to our table sooner than 20 minutes after the drinks were dropped off. When I finally got her attention all she did was blame the bartenders.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Food at AFM is always great. I love the specials and variety of seafood. A bit noisy the night we visited, but a great place for special occasions. The waitstaff was attentive and very knowledgable on menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood & serviceNolepalVIPDined on 8/20/2014Ruvana was fabulous. Kind and attentive. Our waters were kept filled continuously. Our plates removed promptly. Both fish dishes were very good (skate and salmon) but once again, the kale salad (also served at Buckhead Diner is over dressed. You folks really need to stop over dressing this salad. No idea why they think this salad needs to have so much dressing on it. My third time having it (first time here) and all three times tremendously wet. I take it home and add a ton more romaine to it and it's still dressed well. Other than the salad all was great.Special Features:
- AmazingDinnerDined on 8/19/2014We had not been to the Atlanta Fish Market in a long time, only because we had been trying other places. Big mistake had forgotten how good the food and service is here. Will return soon. Can't say enough wonderful things about our meal and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 times 105x10equalsMyLoverDined on 8/19/2014My Baby loves seafood and requested a good seafood restaurant for his birthday. After researching and knowing what my baby likes in seafood I decided we would try AFM for the first time. I noted in reservation the occasion was my Baby's 50th Birthday, he loves seafood, he is very good to me and deseves the best. We were running late (approx 30m), I called to notify, they said no problem. When we arrived we waited maybe 10 min, the hostess was very sweet, gave us a fabulous table and then wished my Baby a Happy Birthday, which let me know that they actually read my open table reservation. We LOVED everything about AFM. Order: octopus, seafood platter, lobster w/shrimp & scallops, complimentary birthday dessert & cheesecake! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningNemosVIPDined on 8/19/2014Fish Market was very good, not great, & for the money we thought it could have been better. Our appetizer of Tuna Tartare was exquisite. Everything else was good. We ordered grouper that was very bland, salad ordinary, bread disappointing. Dessert of Bread pudding was served hot & was delicious. Don't know if we will return any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Fish in AtlantaluvgrazinDined on 8/18/2014Wow! Fabulous dining. The huge 40 foot fish out front makes a big promise of what is to follow inside and it delivers! The food was nothing short of spectacularly delicious and was without a doubt the star of the show. However, the interior was comfortable and suitable to the menu and had a atomosphere of elegance. The service was also excellent...just enough, not too intrusive. Atlanta Fish Market is on my list of favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...AveragejillDined on 8/16/2014The food was great, but everything else was slipshod. The noise level made conversation difficult, and the service was inattentive at best. I asked the bartender for a mojito and was told, "We don't have the mix any more." At this price point, I would have expected a real cocktail.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Great mid price range restaurant. It was was family friendly. The fish was excellent a large variety of fresh fish to select from. You can choose from 4-5 different ways to prepare. My only negative was we had a 7:15 reservation. We arrived 15 min early got our beeper and sat in the bar. After waiting for half hr past our reservation and seeing someone seated that had only been there for five min. I checked with the host our beeper was blinking but had not been activated fully. What?? Other than that great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining-think before gift cardDiningOutVIPDined on 8/16/2014Extraordinary & delicious food. Our server Cory, was incredible. He had great insight into the menu & helped choose apps, entrees, dessert & a bottle wine. We thoroughly enjoyed dinner & could not have asked for a better, more knowledgeable server. Of concern was using ULTIMATE GIFT card. We were told that gratuity couldn't be applied to the card. The manager said the policy was on the card, but since it was a gift, it didn't occur to us to read the fine print. We paid the gratuity out of pocket, negating the gift aspect. Though this did not ruin how we felt about the food & service, it was a bit embarrassing & would certainly stop us from purchasing these cards as gifts. I would feel awkward knowing they would be responsible for gratuity.Special Features:
- Not Worth the PriceNYStanVIPDined on 8/16/2014When you are spending $70 per person, there are certain expectations a restaurant should meet. Knowledgeable and attentive service is the first. While pleasant, our server knew very little. IF someone is new, I totally understand. However, have this person work with an experienced server until they are competent. The server should also know something about the wine list - again, this was inexperience at work I suspect, but it became a little frustrating. Lastly, the stemware was something I would expect from a Longhorn Steakhouse rather than one of the ATL's finer dining restaurants. That said, the food was very good - prepared exactly to order. Too bad the customer facing portion took away from the dining experience.
- Over HypedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Maybe I came in with high expectations...because I was ready to be blow away by something spectacular. I was not...it truly is an higher priced pappadeaux or bay breeze. The higher prices must be to pay for the fish outside and the location because the food was not all that. The service was good but nothing outstanding....overall it was just alright. I would not recommend because you can find the same quality of food and service for lesser prices.Special Features:
- excellent food!susanbDined on 8/15/2014fantastic food for our family on special occasions. The food is excellent, the service is great, nice ambiance!Special Features:
- Overall not badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Ate here for my boyfriend's birthday and selected this restaurant because we've heard great things about it. I have a special diet so my choices were very limited. We were sat quickly at a table with a great view. My boyfriend really liked the dish he ordered but I had to send mine back because it was very bland. The waitress was very professional and very patient considering how picky I was Overall no complaints, nice atmosphere and great staffSpecial Features:
- not badnot2shabbyDined on 8/13/2014we enjoyed it. one of the items we ordered was not up to par, but the server was nice enough to remove it from the bill. was hoping for a more romantic atmosphere, but overall we had a good mealSpecial Features:
- excellent fishLogicJohnsonDined on 8/13/2014Ordered the calamari as an app - was excellent, very tender, breading light, excellent flavor. Had Halibut for dinner - delicious, would definitley order again. Didn't prefer the sides as much as the fish, but overall I'd definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Atlanta Fish MarketminkyDined on 8/12/2014Very nice place, prices are high but not as high as some. I do not like the $2 charge for valet then add gratuity, that to mean is overkill. We sat on upper level because I know from past that lower level is much more louder.Special Features:
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 8/11/2014The Sea Bass is absolutely the best in Atlanta! Especially in the brown butter and caper sauce!Special Features:
- Good FoodWolfMomVIPDined on 8/10/2014Food was good Service was slow at first but became much better
- 9 out of 10GreatDined on 8/9/2014First time at the atl fishmarket and it was BOMB!! My wife and I both loved it is she is very picky. It was a great experience and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad for the Fish MarketOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Have been ther several times and it was always very good, this time they ran out of bread , cetain fish dinners that were still on the menu and a few draft beers that were also on the menu. After making the reservation via the open table you would think our table would be in a good part of the resturant not close to the entrance.Special Features:
- probably better for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Crab cake was very good, however, waitress took too long to bring drinks when the restaurant was not even busy. Also, she did not ask for drink orders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and PriceyZackDined on 8/8/2014We came as a party of four with reservations on a Friday night. Half of our party was 15 minutes late, but the hostess was very kind and accommodating (hence the two-star rating, as the rest of the experience was poor). We had two waiters at our table, but service was incredibly mediocre and inattentive. The food was just OK and expensive - we brought our own bottle of wine and had a couple cocktails/appetizers as well and we were at around $300 before tip. We really wanted to like this place, but can't in good faith recommend it due to price-point in relation to dismal service and "just alright" meals. I'm not sure I'd give it another try.Special Features:
- 16th AnniversaryMeatmanDined on 8/8/2014We had reservations for 5pm (Falcons game). Well bad weather rolled in making us almost an hour late. I called and informed the hostess we were running late. She was so graciously understanding. When we arrived it was already very busy but we were seated within minutes! Our server greeted us immediately and took a drink order. I posted the garlicky clams as an app since we were staving! He came back with our cocktails and walked my wife thru the menu. He took our dinner orders and soon after, the amazing garlicky clams arrived. Our entres arrived and were equally amazing, I had the swordfish and my wife the halibut. After dinner we were brought a delicious complimentary dessert due to it bring our 16th Anniversary. Great job Chef Bobby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a college-bound grandsonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Our table service and waiter were the best part of our visit - except that he seemed to be alone to serve the entire front-window area. The entire restaurant quite sparsely populated with customers. Friday at 12:30PM to 2 PM. Over saturated and over cooked! The two iceberg lettuce salads were so heavily sauced with blue cheese dressing that they were difficult to enjoy and to finish - lighten-up! The Ceviche appetizer was swimming in way too much oil. The peel-and-eat shrimp were covered with far too much paprika (?) dressing and the shrimp (nice size) were tough (over-cooked?) and almost impossible to peel.
- My FavclassimamiDined on 8/7/2014This is one of my favorite spots in the A for Seafood. I had the stuffed Lobster tails....can you say delish?!?!?Special Features:
- Responsive ManagementglobaldinnerDined on 8/7/2014This was only my second visit to the Atlanta Fish Market. I was there on a blind date. Our food was not delivered as ordered, and it was not a very busy night. Basically, our side orders were missing, and I got a side of cole slaw that I specifically said I did not want. We made our server aware of the error, and he quickly responded. However, he got my date's side order wrong again. The manager was at our table in a flash. Apologized profusely for the errors and made sure everything was corrected. He offered me a free side of broccoli in place of the cole slaw. The manager returned two or three times to check on us and we got a new server who was very good. The food was great. No "doggie bags" needed, we cleaned our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Once Again!StephenDined on 8/6/2014Had another enjoyable evening dining at Atlanta Fish Market. Food was excellent and as always the staff was extremely professional. HIGHLY recommend the sushi!Special Features: