Atlanta Fish Market
265 Pharr Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Atlanta Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/atlanta-fish-market
- Phone: 4042623165x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Labor Day Hours: Lunch: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Holley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Atlanta Fish Market
From the gracious service to the Southeast’s widest selection of fresh seafood, Atlanta Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of Buckhead. With more than 100 fresh varieties from the deep flown in fresh, Atlanta Fish Market has something for everyone. The thirty-foot copper fish sculpture in front and the train station-styled building welcomes guests with its wide veranda and rocking chairs. With five television sets, the adjoining Geechee Crab lounge is a comfortable place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or simply relax with a cocktail before dinner. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of the Atlanta Fish Market. Lunch Monday – Saturday, Dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Atlanta Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Atlanta Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
660 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (325)fit for foodies (286)good for groups (256)neighborhood gem (165)great for lunch (124)hot spot (105)romantic (94)kid-friendly (79)notable wine list (71)vibrant bar scene (50)great for brunch (35)late-night find (26)scenic view (13)great for outdoor dining (11)Show More
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I love dining at the Atlanta Fish Market. However, it was very noisy in the section that I was in and could not hear my date very well. Overall, the food was delicious and this was his first time visiting the restaurant and really liked it. The only conccern was the white balsamic vinagerette dressing. It was good to me but my date does not eat white salad dressing.Special Features:
- PinchdpenyDined on 10/28/2014Has been my favorite for more than 20 years! Always great fish and seafood.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining in AtlantaBethGDined on 10/27/2014Atlanta Fish Market was superb and the service was beyond my expectations. I would go back there in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I most say being a none seafood person. The pecan crusted fish dinner was very good. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodis4LoversFoodis4LoversDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is on my list of top restaurants in Atlanta. I consistently receive good food every time I patronize this establishment. For appetizers I enjoyed the garlic roasted oysters and the ceviche, both were wonderful. For dinner I had the halibut with potato and spinach. The way they prepare the spinach is very nice..they are very tender and buttery. All in all I love this place and will continue to visit when I am in Buckhead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and good serviceCherRDDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I had a most pleasing dining experience at the Atlanta Fish Market for our 27th anniversary! The restaurant staff graciously accommodated our request for a more private and quiet table on a very busy Saturday night. Our meal was served hot and was very delicious. Not one bite remained. The bread was warm, the portions were just right and the food on the plate was presented well! There was a nice varied mixture of broccoli, green beans, and carrots for the vegetable medley. We also received a complementary dessert for our anniversary! The waiter was friendly and accommodating. We also ordered 2 bread pudding to take out and thoroughly enjoyed this tasty dessert at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014When we visit Atlanta and spend a weekend, this restaurant is always on our list. Great selection of seafood and great service We were there this weekend with our adult daughter who always remembers our experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.DowntownDined on 10/25/2014I don't think we have ever come to this restaurant and it wasn't good.Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious. Met company from out of town here and was not disappointed! We drive an hour and a half to get her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014although the service and food was good, we felt rushed by the waiter even though we were there at 5:30 on a Sat.Special Features:
- Too much, too little foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014I ordered the seafood platter for 34.99 and received one crab cake, one small portion of fish, 2 scallops and 2 shrimps. Such small amount of food for the price. It was good but not worth the price. We observed a waiter wiping the chairs and the water glasses at several empty tables with the same cloth. Yes, he wiped the inside and outside of each water class and the. Hairs with the same cloth. Gross! Of course we were near the end of our meal when we observed this, we just hoped the same activity did not happen with our glasses and seat.Special Features:
- Always good seafoodHappyHungerVIPDined on 10/24/2014From the parking valet to our dessert; a great experience. Oysters were fresh and served properly. The lump crab cake was very good. I had the scallops and shrimp and was very pleased. Service was a little hurried but was friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodunrulywizdomDined on 10/24/2014Food and service were both very good. Our server Amelia was great. My wife and I both had salmon, but different entrées. The crème brulé was delicious. Nice décor all the booth seating was comfortable. Nice place for a date and though we were dining around t, it doesn't seem it would get too loud. Definitely recommend going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood restaurant!clane47Dined on 10/24/2014It's hard to miss this place with a 30' tall fish out front! Good thing too, you don't want to miss it. Although valet parking is available, it's optional. You can park your own car if you choose. The service is excellent and so is the food. Everything we ordered was delicious. We'll probably go back for our next anniversary dinner. (And as often as we can!) This place is a gem. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafoodTrd1Dined on 10/23/2014Wide selection and very fresh. A good consistent restaurantI would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night at Atlanta Fish Marketcm252Dined on 10/21/2014The ambiance was just right and set the mood for me and my date to enjoy a great evening together. The food was delish and the service was prompt. I highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious as usual!Sharko27Dined on 10/21/2014The service was great, and the food was very very very good! We had fish, and both plates were juicy and not dry at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood heavenchevymanDined on 10/18/2014Great seafood dishes, great service, not a romantic restaurant but very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Best meal we had in 5 years. Big portions, fresh fish, good price.Special Features:
- It was just ok to meOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My overall experience here was good. My waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and I was seated on time for my reservation. The wine selection is magnificent. I felt the food was sub par. I had the "Skillet Seafood Newburg" Au Gratin. It was mediocre. It's a safe dish if you're not really sure what to get. My mom had the Pecan Crusted Salmon Trout Fillet. The broccoli wasn't good, but the sweet potato casserole was delicious. The salmon had a good taste but it wasn't pecan crusted. It was more like pecans sprinkled on top of the salmon rather than "pecan-crusted." The Shrimp and Scallop Alfredo lacked flavor. It was just bland. The wine and the customer service saved this restaurant to me.Special Features:
- Great Fish PlaceRondDined on 10/18/2014Great choices of fish. They provide many ways for fish to be prepared. The grouper, snapper, and swordfish were all very good. The price was very reasonable for the quality and quantity of fish I tasted. If you want fish and something other than salmon, tilapia, and fried white fish this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, Drink and Be MerrysmartblondVIPDined on 10/17/2014I took my dad here for dinner and the food is excellent and the service is great. While the hostesses were less than pleasant, our waitress was wonderful. The seafood is fresh and the drinks are fun. This is a place to see and be seen without being too frou frou. Loved my experience there and would recommend it to the stingiest of seafood eaters.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant and serviceArticulate12Dined on 10/17/2014The food was great, appropriate temperature..Crab cake was moist and full of texture...lump crabSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekday waitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014Wife and I took my daughter there Thursday night, the place was less than 1/3 full. Took 1 hour and ten minutes to get our food and was there over two hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKKMCHICAGODined on 10/15/2014The food was absolutely amazing and had great pricing. We came in with a large group for a business dinner and everything was wonderful, including the service. Great wine list and specialty cocktails. The lobster was fabulous and fresh. I recommend the lobster with a side of twice baked potatoes, they are unlike all others. We will definitely come back next time we are in Atlanta.Special Features:
- travellingmanDined on 10/15/2014We dined here while attending a convention. The restaurant was recommended by the hotel. The experience was excellent. The lobster special recommended by the waitress was perfect. Deserts were all great. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management IndifferenceNativeADined on 10/15/2014I have dined here over the years and it's been great. However my experience the other evening reflects a growing indifference by management. Country music fit for Ryan's Steakhouse was playing and was told by several personnel this is "what the owner likes." Unless I've been out west, maybe on the ranch with Ted in Montana, I would suggest to Buckhead Group Owners, to pay attention to their market and demographics. The music genre of country/western is not popular among most, and this native Atlantan prefers something more upscale and befitting what has been in the past, a better class of restaurant. Management response to comments on this point was filled with robotics and apathy.Special Features:
- Anniversary/Special OccasionAnniversaryDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I love coming to the Atlanta Fish Market for our anniversary. Its become our "thing". We've tried several of the Buckhead Dining Group restaurants but so far Atlanta Fish Market always wins for a special occasion and a reasonable dining price--especially for Buckhead. The food is always unique and the service is outstanding. We always get this nice little secluded corner so you can see into the front garden and overlook the fish bar itself. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Fun Night OutFunNightOutDined on 10/12/2014With my daughter and grand-daughter before seeing Disney on Ice - Frozen The food was excellent and the waitress was very attentive. We really enjoyed everything including the sushi! Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:
- never disappointedIamhungryDined on 10/11/2014It's a bit noisy at this restaurant but not noisy enough to keep us away. The food is very good and never over cooked. The wait staff is always friendly and the service is prompt, food is served hot. Only negative thing I would say about this last time is that we were seated at a booth for the first time. The bench cushions in the booth are way too soft and need to be replaced. We all commented that we felt like small children because you sat so low which made the table seem really high. Ask for a table, not a booth.Special Features:
- Good Food but Lackluster DrinksGoodEatsBadDrinksDined on 10/11/2014I loved my broiled seafood platter. It was my first time so I wanted a scattering of everything. It comes with two large shrimp, 3 scallops, salmon filet and crab cake. The crab cakes are quite meaty. The scallops were the best I ever had. The salmon with the lemon butter was to die for. We went out for my boyfriend's birthday and they gave him a a free dessert. They don't sing which I like! Our server was very nice and so was the hostess so the service gets an A. The restaurant has a downfall though. The drinks are NOT good. After reviewing the tiny drink menu and not seeing anything that tickled our fancy we ordered something simple.The bartender made both of our drinks so horribly we did not order any more.Special Features:
- great service and foodRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 10/11/2014The Clam Chowder and the Crab Bisque were a great start to dinner. The Mahi was excellent and perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't wowedPigLatinDined on 10/10/2014Long time customer only if it is a couple times a year. Went here on our anniversary. The staff seems new and hurried. the lobster special was below par. The appetizers of sushi and kale salad were excellent. when you drop $100, you want to be wowed. We weren't wowed.Special Features:
- outstandingConcrete1989Dined on 10/10/2014Service and food was great. Using the OpenTable for reservations. ..priceless concSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday event!AtlantaGoodLife1Dined on 10/9/2014Best sushi I've ever had. Food was ok a little salty, but ok. Definitely not worth the money. My husband was still hungry when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the place!seafoodloverDined on 10/9/2014Service was spectacular and food was delicious! Ceviche is one of my favorite meals and this place not only has good Ceviche but it has a twist to it. This will be our new gate away spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, great!bamagirlDined on 10/9/2014We visit Atlanta several times a year and always have dinner at the Atlanta Fish Market. They have never disappointed us in the quality of their food or in their friendly and efficient wait service. We love their crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Every year we celebrate our anniversary at the Fish Market. The food is always good and service is always great.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014It was very nice, but loud. As it gets late in the evening the crowd dwindles and you can hear better. Other than that it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLarryVIPDined on 10/5/2014As in many of our visits food and friendly service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.