Atkins Park Tavern - Smyrna
2840 Atlanta Road
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Atkins Park Tavern - Smyrna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.atkinspark.com/
- Phone: 7704351887
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Jason Monroe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room able to sit 30. Perfect for rehearsal dinners and showers.
- Private Party Contact: Kyle Taylor 770-435-1887
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday - Saturday with no cover. Outdoor festivals such as, St. Patrick's Day, Acoustic Sunset with 92.9 DaveFM, Smyrna Beer Festival & our annual Crawfish and Shrimp Boil.
A word from Atkins Park Tavern - Smyrna
Atkins Park enjoys a colorful history as Atlanta's oldest continuously licensed tavern and we are grateful for the continued loyalty from the neighborhood. Whether you're looking for a great place to eat with the kids, weekend brunch, or a late night drink...Atkins Park has something to offer everybody in a neighborhood bar and restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Atkins Park Tavern - Smyrna reviews from OpenTable diners
- I fell in love with the friedSunshineVIPDined on 4/23/2013I fell in love with the fried pickles (and the magic sauce it comes with) some time ago, then last autumn I fell in love with the fall salad. This time I tried the spring salad and I'm delighted to report that I love it too. I have never ordered poorly at Atkins Park, ever. It's a great go-to eatery, although sometimes I wish it had a slightly lower price point.
- Really botched up brunch with pals.BarbDined on 4/7/2013We had a very disinterested server for Sunday Brunch. The place was not packed so there should have been smooth drink orders and quick delivery....that never happened. When we got our checks, none of them were right. (only 3 in our group.) Oh well.....
- Atkins Park Tavern is a wonderfuldojomoDined on 4/6/2013Atkins Park Tavern is a wonderful neighborhood tavern. It has great service and really good food.Special Features:
- The food here is excellent!yellajacketDined on 1/11/2013The food here is excellent! The lemon pepper chicken is one of my favorites. I have been to Atkins Park for company outings and have never been disappointed. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting good food in a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Beautiful decor & nice location.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/1/2013Beautiful decor & nice location. Inventive food choices, the salmon wrap was excellent! Very good service as well.Special Features:
- This is a New Orleans themedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012This is a New Orleans themed restaurant with several other dishes that were developed by the in-house executive chef. Overall, the food tastes good, is affordable, but is not of the highest quality. I had the ribs, which were good, but a little on the fatty side and not especially tender. The bacon gouda mac and cheese was also passable, but the consistency of the sauce and noodles reminded me of Easy Mac. However, in terms of value, I really enjoyed the place, and would return if given the opportunity!Special Features:
- Early Holiday brunchRiskman1Dined on 12/23/2012Have been to Atkins park a couple of times but never for Sunday brunch. Had a great experience. Like ordering off the menu vs. buffet style. Prices very reasonable. Service great. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great spot and brunch on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2012Great spot and brunch on Saturday and Sunday, definitely will be back. The French toast was perfectly light and delicious. The Serving staff was excellent and very attentive. Good variety of choices for brunch, really enjoyed the cajun/creole style omellette with the andoui sausage inside and crayfish sauce, it was a wonderful blend of flavors in a unexpected way. Yum!Special Features:
- Atkins Park finally addedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/23/2012Atkins Park finally added a turkey burger to their menu. Realizing that many, many people don't like a turkey burger, I do and order them quite frequently. This was the worst I have ever eaten.
- New Family Traditionrrc0112Dined on 11/22/2012We decided to not cook Thanksgiving this year and give Atkins Park a try. The food was great and the atmosphere was nice and quiet. I'm never cooking Turkey againSpecial Features:
- My husband and I love Atkinsrrc0112Dined on 11/10/2012My husband and I love Atkins Park. It's quiet and close to home.Special Features:
- Great find!cindyfDined on 11/2/2012First visit and we were treated special! Began with fried green tomato appetizer (classic and good!), then enjoyed the ribeye topped with 'bacon jam' and boursin accompanied by brussell sprouts (steak melted in your mouth and brussell sprouts were worth a return trip in themselves!). My husband had the New York Strip special. Steak was a bit tough but cooked to perfect temperature, and the root vegetables were perfect. Had the beignets....not comparable to Cafe Du Monde's but tasty. We'll be back!Special Features:
- You do not want to sit anywherePabloVIPDined on 10/25/2012You do not want to sit anywhere close to the bar. The smell of cigarette smoke billows throughout the entire right hand side of the restaurant.
- Food was ok, service was terrible.QueenBVIPDined on 10/9/2012Food was ok, service was terrible. Nice to sit outside.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, I recommendPaulDined on 10/8/2012Great restaurant, I recommend the outdoor seating if the weather is nice. I would try and avoid sitting near the kitchen. It gets pretty noisy. There is something in their kitchen that makes a horrible screeching noise. That would be my only complaint. Great atmosphere! Great service! And surprisingly good food at a reasonable price! We went twice in three days and got 4 different menu items. The Muffalata, the Reuben, the Turkey Bacon Club and the fish. All fantastic! Do yourself a favor and get the Sweet Potato Tots as your side item.Special Features:
- I was looking for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012I was looking for a place for brunch and came across the Atkins Park Tavern. Our group was not disappointed! The service was above average and the food was great! The food portions are excellent for the price!Special Features:
- This place is and always willOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/7/2012This place is and always will be one of my favorite restaurants. The menu is unique and the chef here cooks up some amazing dishes. We came here for brunch and the chicken/waffles were amazing, served with a maple aioli.Special Features:
- I think this is a great littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012I think this is a great little spot for Brunch. Was pleasantly surprised with the little village it is located in and the incredibly low entrée prices. Also, my daughter, who is very particular with her cuisine, gave it 2 thumbs up. :-)Special Features:
- The entry smells of staleKelleysVIPDined on 7/27/2012The entry smells of stale smoke and beer as the bar is smoking so that is not a nice welcome. Would have loved to have hade a pre-dinner/post-dinner drink in the bar but smoking policy made that impossible. Based on that alone, would not recommend. The executive chef is marvelous - she brought us "first time diners" at Atkins Park Tavern a sample of fried green tomatoes (yum!) and made great wine recommendations for our meal.Special Features:
- Took my crew of 5 to lunch.HappyHungerVIPDined on 7/19/2012Took my crew of 5 to lunch. Very nice hostess. Food very good.Special Features:
- Great food!rrc0112Dined on 6/27/2012The food was great and the location is perfect for me!Special Features:
- Service is always excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2012Service is always excellent. Staff is always friendly. Food is creative.Special Features:
- We go here on a regular basisOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2012We go here on a regular basis but over the last couple of visits something has been off. I finally figured it out - the food has lost its passion. It's dry, over cooked, over sweetened just lacking creativity. The wait staff is ok. If you want a place to drink outside on a warm night then go hereSpecial Features:
- We had a great dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/18/2012We had a great dinner out last Friday night at Atkins Park! Our server was knowledgeable, helpful and wonderful. The food was terrific. We will be back very soon.Special Features:
- On a good day, Atkins ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012On a good day, Atkins Park Tavern is great! This time, though, the service was horrible. We were seated at the bar area, next to a window lookingin on the main dining area. It actually felt rather cruel to have to watch everyone else get good service. We waited 15 minutes for someone to take our orders, then delivered our food ten minutes later before they remembered to give us bread. I would have reminded them if anyone had come by the table to check on us. I realize it was busy on Mothers Day, but the bar wasn't even open yet (no mamosas) so Im not sure what everyone was doing.
- Menu"limited"; food disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/12/2012Went for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with sisters and niece. Big mistake! The menu is "very limited" and the food was disappointing! I had been wanting to visit after hearing great reviews from friends of the Highland Park restaurant; apparently they only have a name in common, and not good food. Frankly, I'm surprised the restaurant has survived, especially in this down economy. Would not return, nor recommend!Special Features:
- If sitting outside for drinksMariettaMooreVIPDined on 4/25/2012If sitting outside for drinks is what you want to do, this place is fine. Otherwise, better choices elsewhere.
- Saw on my reservation reminderOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2012Saw on my reservation reminder that I wouldn't receive dining points for this visit. I had made a reservation for 8 which ended at a total of 10. The restaurant had no idea why I didn't get dining points when I used Open Table. WHY IS THIS?
- The food was awesome! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2012The food was awesome! The crab cakes benedict could've used a little more crab, but there were absolutely no complaints or suggestions for the chicken & waffles! Can't wait to try more on the menu!Special Features:
- Our server was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2012Our server was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu.....three of our party had the fried chicken and found it delicious and tender. We were a little surprised that no bread is served....Special Features:
- This was a big but happy surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/12/2012This was a big but happy surprise - food was excellent and they have their own vodka! What's not to like?Special Features:
- The food was ok. The ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012The food was ok. The ambiance was great. Very noisy from patrons - very busy day.Special Features:
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2012This was my second visit to Atkins Park - Smyrna, and it did not disappoint. The service was great, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was relaxed. They even allowed me to make a substitution on my order, and I was very happy with the results. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been toEatingOutisOurHobbyVIPDined on 2/26/2012My wife and I have been to Atkins Park in Smyrna a couple of times and we always enjoy it. The food is great and it has a covered outdoor seating area that gives the feel of a sidewalk cafe without the street traffic.Special Features:
- Took my parents (from outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2012Took my parents (from out of town) there for a taste of Atlanta. They both said they enjoyed their meal and were really impressed with the place. That spells success for me.Special Features:
- Great place with great food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2012The food and service as always was outstanding. The chef has many great creations on the specials. We are never disapointed when we go.Special Features:
- I had the crab cake BenedictNiseyVIPDined on 12/31/2011I had the crab cake Benedict and the flavor was good, but the crab cake was more like a silver dollar and not a cake or anything close to what you would call a crab cake. I was extremely disappointed that it was so tiny--you had to lift the egg to see it underneath! My dining companion had the chicken and waffles and said it was good.
- Atkins Park has been a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/26/2011Atkins Park has been a very welcome addition to restaurant deficient Smyrna. Though the food is not exactly daring (typical higher end bar food), it has a Southern/New Orleans flavor that is pretty tasty and crowd pleasing. Perhaps the most impressive aspect of Atkins Park is how much of a utility player it is. Obviously a nice place for dinner but it is also kid friendly, good for lunch, has an amazing Sunday brunch, and is a fun late night bar.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 7:30OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2011We had a reservation for 7:30 and didn't get seated until 8:15. Then it took FOREVER for our food to come out as well. And it wasn't even that busy seeming!
- Great lunch spot! ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2011Great lunch spot! Excellent sandwiches and salads. Will go back and try dinner next time.Special Features: