Atkins Park Tavern - Virginia Highlands
794 N. Highland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Atkins Park Tavern - Virginia Highlands
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.atkinspark.com/
- Phone: 4048767249
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch : Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Ex. Chef Andrew Smith for your catering needs. 404-876-7249 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room. Accommodates seated dinners up to 30 or cocktail parties up to 50.
- Private Party Contact: Shannon Drawe 404-876-7249
- Entertainment: Throughout the year Atkins Park celebrates many holidays such as St. Patrick's Day, Oktoberfest, Halloween, and 4th of July with DJ Mike Z, food and drink specials. We are open Thanksgiving night and Christmas night.
- Special Events: Please contact our Event Planner Shannon Drawe for private events. 404-876-7249 email@example.com
- Cross Street: St. Charles Ave.
- Public Transit: MARTA
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Atkins Park Tavern is located in an historic in-town Atlanta neighborhood. There are many streets, valet, paid and free lots within the neighborhood. Go to our website for exact links and directions. www.atkinspark.com
A word from Atkins Park Tavern - Virginia Highlands
Atkins Park Tavern enjoys a colorful history as Atlanta's oldest continuously licensed tavern since 1922. We are grateful for the continued loyalty from our neighborhood. You will always find a comfortable place here in the dining room, bar, patio or with a special gathering in the private dining room. Chef Andrew - a true Georgian - specializes in a touch of Southern using his local farmers and our rooftop garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Atkins Park Tavern - Virginia Highlands reviews from OpenTable diners
- Atkins is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013Atkins is one of our favorite restaurants and we go on a regular basis. This time we had the opportunity to take some of our friends from OTP and they loved it!Special Features:
- I've been twice recently.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2013I've been twice recently. Servers are great. Food is good. Always little kids milling around, and noise carries! Noise level can be extremely loudSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunch with JulieOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/7/2013My partner and I have dined at Atkins Park a few times...once for late night drinks and the other times for brunch. The brunch is always so delicious. We have been meaning to write this review for a fairly new server Julie, but work and school have been somewhat hectic. About a month ago, we came in for brunch and while the service is always good at Atkins, this particular time it was especially great. Julie was very attentive, bubbly, and pleasant. I got my usual fried chicken biscuits (amazing!) and my partner ordered the creamy tomato soup and the grand marnier french toast. Brioche makes the absolute best french toast and Atkins' Grand Marnier twist is especially delectable. Always a treat to dine here for brunch. Request Julie!Special Features:
- Snagged a reservation on aAlexVIPDined on 3/22/2013Snagged a reservation on a Friday night with a party of 7 20 minutes before the 7:30 time slot - food was great, they took care of us and we had a great time.
- BittersweetRealfoodcriticDined on 3/8/2013Service was great but the food was just ok... The pot roast sandwich was pure fat on a really hard piece of bread... The breakfast burger was good tho... Overall was bitter sweet...Special Features:
- I got the chicken biscuitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013I got the chicken biscuit for brunch which never fails me. The perfectly fried chicken and not too greasy biscuit with the tomato based sauce is light and substantial at the same time. My fiancé ventured out and got one of the brunch specials called burrito with egg, bacon, and cheese that was mediocre. It didn't taste any different than something you can get at McDonalds.Special Features:
- For the second year in a row,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013For the second year in a row, we have enjoyed the Cajun cooking of Atkin's Park in Virginia Highlands. Bravo, well done. The flavors were extraordinary in each dish we ordered for entrees as well as the hand made deserts.Special Features:
- We were a group of six whoCharmedVIPDined on 1/26/2013We were a group of six who were first time diners. All except one of us was surprised by how good the food was for a "bar restaurant". The one who didn't like his meal ordered a steak ( and he tents to be a steak snob) otherwise we enjoyed our meal and time together and will definitely return (and just not order a steak next time).Special Features:
- You can't go wrong here.SpankyDined on 1/12/2013Always great food and service. A long time favorite.
- Got a very smokey during dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/5/2013Got a very smokey during dinner and the fire trucks had to come to make sure everything was okay since the smoke alarms went off. I think there was something wrong with the exhaust and hood in the kitchen. I am sure this was a rare, one time occurence.Special Features:
- Always a grand eating experiencetgusDined on 12/30/2012I go to Atkins Park every time I visit Atlanta. The people and the atmosphere make you feel like you are at home. The food is always prepared with the Atkins touch and served hot and with its own flair. You will enjoy your experience every time and the wait staff will soon become your friends.Special Features:
- Great service, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Great service, great food, great location. A lot of great bars to walk to after dinner.
- Went here for thanksgiving.joopnightVIPDined on 11/22/2012Went here for thanksgiving. On check in, received attitude from the hostess who graciously sat us near the front door. Every time the door opened we would get a cold draft. Anyway, we were there for the food. The waiter took our drink order and food order. Within 5 minutes our food was ready; there were over 8items on the plate, and it was served lukewarm. Shortly thereafter we received our drinks. Either they are super fast in the kitchen for made to order meals, or they made a bunch of plates and left them under the warmer; I'm betting on the latter. Besides the food temperature issue, some items were dry or not good, which for me was most of the plate. The turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce were good, as well as the cheesecake.Special Features:
- We arrived 10 minutes earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We arrived 10 minutes early on thanksgiving and were seated promptly, ordered drinks shortly thereafter-- the preprepared food arrived just off the assembly line and was cool to the taste. our drinks had not even arrived. the desert thin slice of pie was no more than two bites.... we had expected more as a first time customer. Would suggest next time charge more and give better quality instead of quantity..
- Thanksgiving dinner was aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Thanksgiving dinner was a delight at Atkins Park. Plenty of food and a friendly atmosphere. I eat at Atkins Park a lot for dinner, but this is my first Thanksgiving there. We weren't disappointed. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- My boyfriend had a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012My boyfriend had a great time. Great food and drinks. The ambiance is very casual and the menu had so much yummy goodness to choose from. We will return.Special Features:
- My bride and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012My bride and I had a great meal, with excellent service and warm ambiance.Special Features:
- Sad Atmosphere - Bad SmellwhitDined on 9/7/2012I could see it as a local dive spot, but for someone looking for a nice night out we decided to pass. We didn't have any food, so I can't comment on that and there was actually someone with a dish that looked very good. But upon arriving we realized that there is a smoking half (Bar) and a non-smoking (family) half. Great in theory, but the non-smoking side reeked of old cigarettes and kind of a fish smell on top of that. Combined with a sad looking, clicking ceiling fan, the overall impression was just kind of dismal. I couldn't get past the smell - and I grew up in a smokers house so I should be used to it! Again, I'm sure the food is very good, and maybe the smell was a fluke, but I don't think we'll be going back.
- Great chips and salsa - go figureFoodieDined on 8/19/2012Food was good. Loved the fresh - right out of the fryer tortilla chips and the guacamole was delish - fresh and chunky - just right. Service fell down when it was time to get the check. Drinks could have been refreshed better througout the mearl. But definitely will return. LOved the small outside patio area. Didn't realize it wasa there.
- Call us crazy, but we actuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2012Call us crazy, but we actually made a reservation-unless you are dining after 8, you won't not need it. Imagine our surprise when she indicated the table directly behind the hostess station was ours (keep in mind we were the only reservation). She sat us at the window table when we inquired its availability. Nice view of the street for people watching. Our 'cheese plate' appetizer arrived and was quite disappointing. 3 large slices of toasted french bread with 3 shavings (& I mean shavings) of the 3 cheeses. I have never seen rasberry jam and honey on a cheese plate and hope not to again. Two of us ordered the rather dry chicken and one order the shrimp & grits. The shrimp was so spicy he could not eat it. The waiter was the highlight...
- Food was so fresh and tastedDCannDined on 8/3/2012Food was so fresh and tasted fantastic. Our server was also very gracious and friendly.Special Features:
- Beer and wine were good alongOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/21/2012Beer and wine were good along with the bread and fried okra. I had the pan-fried grouper which was extremely dry. One friend loved the shrimp and grits.
- Deviled eggs as an appetizer?daddymacsgirlDined on 6/30/2012Deviled eggs as an appetizer? You know you are in the south, huh? They were delicious as were the fried okra strips. Ribeye was a bit overcooked for medium rare and not very juicy (cut rather thin). Service was great and we enjoyed everything else very much. Clean place, especially after coming from Manuels for our first drink of the evening!Special Features:
- Service was outstanding. TheyGopiVIPDined on 6/30/2012Service was outstanding. They offered me a complimentary dessert because my friend couldnt make it to the dinner and I had to eat by myself.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2012One of our favorite restaurants to visit in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- The appetizers and the server/waitrMAW1VIPDined on 6/3/2012The appetizers and the server/waitress were GREAT! We stayed until 5:00pm when dinner was to be served. With the change in menu came also a change in the server/waitress. She did not bring us any silver ware. She continuously MIXED up or orders. Brought us someone else's food, TWICE. Finally we accepted the hot wings that she brought out that we did not order because we were hunger. THE veggie on the veggie PLATE were RAW. I sent my plate back refused to eat. She stated that since I ordered the food, she had to charge me, and boxed up the RAW veggie which I left on the table. Certainly if I did not want to eat the RAW food in the restaurant I did not want to take RAW veggie home. She was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Wont retur
- Loved the burgers and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2012Loved the burgers and the bacon wrapped dates are AWESOME!!!!Special Features:
- We sat outside, it was a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/20/2012We sat outside, it was a lovely Sunday. The side patio was very nice and quiet. I was surprised more people were not sitting out there. Good food. I especially enjoyed the tomato gravy on the chicken and biscuits.
- Overall good experience. NotVincentDined on 5/13/2012Overall good experience. Not all dishes were hot when delivered to table. Server did not mention any specials, but very nice and accommodating. Bacon wrapped dates were fantastic. Too many loud children in the dining room for my taste. I would have brunch and dinner here again.Special Features:
- Atkins Park is always an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Atkins Park is always an excellent choice! Even when the power went out for a little bit, our food was prepared and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Referred by a friend and wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2012Referred by a friend and wasn't disappointed -- very nice experienceSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy Atkins Park.TravelBizDined on 4/17/2012Always enjoy Atkins Park. The colleague we were meeting there had Shrimp and Grits and it looked awesome!!Special Features:
- Burgers and moreFoodAllShapesNsizeDined on 4/6/2012we had burgers and we liked them = it's why we travel 30+ miles each way for them! Plenty of options and add-ons for every taste. See you again soonSpecial Features:
- Atkins Park is a great placeaabramovDined on 3/30/2012Atkins Park is a great place to grab a dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Too Kid FriendlySuenaritaDined on 3/9/2012I wanted Atkins Park to be great - the menu looked good - but the execution was pedestrian. The best think I ate was the fries. I am sure that the service and ambience didn't help. Our food was "auctioned off" at our table and helicoptered in rather than being served lower than eye level (the staff has not been trained) and the noise from the kids play area (weird) was distracting. I would stick to a sandwich, fries and a beer if I went back.Special Features:
- A historic Atlantic Dining PlaceFrequentVisitorVIPDined on 3/9/2012Great old pub atmosphere. We sat in the bar for lunch and the food was terrific and the wait staff was attentive.Special Features:
- We made a reservation at 9RealfoodcriticDined on 3/3/2012We made a reservation at 9 and they called us to say they can not accommodate us ... They should not have online reservation feature if they can not honor it
- Atkins Park is a great mixOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/3/2012Atkins Park is a great mix of a comfortable neighborhood pub with great burgers AND a cozy, date-night spot with a nice upscale menu. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. I will return often and will recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Texas StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2012The best chicken tenders (Texas style) in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Went with hubby for our 21st Valentine's Day. We were happy to get a reservation the day before V-day! Service was great. For starters we had the tuna tar-tar and the field greens with beets. Both were tasty. Husband had the vegetable plate, which had a nice variety of vegetables and preparations, like roasted baby carrots with the cute little stems on and yummy potato gratin) -- not your average veg plate. I had the mussels in saffron sauce. Delicious.Special Features: