2445 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6J 3J3Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atithi.ca/
- Phone: 6047310221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Chef roy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Atithi
Home style Indian cuisine .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Atithi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Disappointing serviceKiraDined on 3/21/2014We made reservations through Open Table that they did not receive and so they were not expecting our group of 5. Apparently this has happened to them before, so we didn't think too much of it as we ended up being seated anyway. Food was good as always, but slow to arrive and some dishes arrived warm, not hot. I've been a fan of Atithi for a long time, but am less enthusiastic after this experience.
- AtithiMirandaVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food is good for the price but the service was terrible. The restaurant was understaffed and our server was visibly stressed and unfriendly. No apology for the long wait for the food. I could have been more understanding if he explained the delay and apologized.
- Great food but nonexistent servicedinerdivaDined on 2/22/2014The food was very good but unfortunately the service was extremely bad. This took away from our experience greatly and most likely won't go back because of it.
- Tasty foodcamilleDined on 2/14/2014The food was very tasty and the portions were generous. The only issue was that they should have taken out the big chunks of spices (not nice biting into a cardamom seed). The service was not very professional. The waiters (seems like a family run business) were not sure what they were suppose to do. In all the dining experience was very good and excelent value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FusionShammyDined on 2/14/2014nice fusion of flavors and clean food -- reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderate service, moderate foodWokwoksDined on 2/2/2014Appetizer & dessert portions were fine (the jackfruit rolls were delightful- even though I couldn't taste the fruit) however what fell through were the entrees. Fish had a fishy taste that overwhelms the dish & lamb curry was watery and not much taste. Very small portions (may be attributed to dine out). Dessert was delicious. Cardamon creme brulee was delightful; interesting how it's labeled as a creme brulee as it was more of a chocolate. Date pudding is a must try! It had a nice ambiance, like a candlelight dinner. Service was lacking. Waitress took forever to take orders. She brought the wrong appetizer, gave us the wrong entrees and overall she doesn't seem to be paying attention.
- Poor service, average foodnopeDined on 2/1/2014Was really turned off by the service. Made reservations and still didn't see a server until 15 minutes after sitting down etc. The food was average and not cheap. Would not return and would not recommend.
- Great food, one of the bestjeffDined on 1/27/2014Great food, one of the best meals I've had lately, will definetly go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good foodVigiDined on 1/25/2014their curry sauce is amazing, and i love the rice puddingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Wonderful food and service during Dine Out Vancovuer. I had not been there before, but would absolutely return. Thank you for having us!Special Features:
- meal for tasting onlyskinnyDined on 1/19/2014I weigh only 100 lbs, and not a big eater. And i find that the portions for entree and desert are too small, I would rather pay more to get a regular dish. I wonder how a big would be satisfied.
- AGood findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014Stitching was notable for its friedly, efficient staff, good food in a comfortable atmosphere. We had a lovely private dinner-for-two. We'll be back especially if seeking to have dinner out near the 5th Ave. CinemaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious rice puddingVictDined on 1/17/2014As my first time Indian cuisine go, it was a enjoyable experience. Will return.Special Features:
- Not the best serviceYummyinmyTummyDined on 12/31/2013I won't be trying this restaurant again in the near future. The service was terrible. The waitress did not know the items on the menu or the special (which I later realized was posted in clear view) so I can only conclude that she was a last-minute replacement for someone else. As the establishment was quite cold and the service lacking, we asked to have our food packed up to go. This could have been done quickly because, aside from ourselves, there were only two couples seated. Instead we waited fifteen minutes while she was in the back. Then she brought out food to another table and hurried away. We didn't see her for another long while... I would have left, but I wanted to pay my bill! She never did bring back our packed up food.Special Features:
- Nice placeMirandaVIPDined on 11/22/2013Friendly helpful service and good food at reasonable prices. Great to have this restaurant within walking distance and close to the 5th Avenue Cinema.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2013We have been to Atithi many times, and have always liked the food. This last time, the service was slow and disorganized, with one entree arriving much later than the others. The restaurant was half full and not super busy and for some reason, the staff were often out of sight so there was little opportunity to ask for anything nor were we asked if we needed anything else. At the end, they forgot to bring the dessert that was included in one of our dinners and so we took it home as it was getting so late. Nevertheless, I recommend Atithi as it has decent food, and good sized servings. Hopefully, our experience tonight will not be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super GreatnomnomnomDined on 10/5/2013I went here as a group of 6 for my sister's bachelorette. It was really quiet when we got there, but filled up later in the night. Great service from friendly staff and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Terrific foodLolaDined on 8/2/2013This restaurant has become our family's favourite and we brought our friend here to celebrate his birthday. He thoroughly enjoyed it and was given a birthday dessert from the owner. It made for a lovely and memorable dining experience. The food and flavours are truly wonderful and unique. This is what keeps us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous FlavoursLolaDined on 7/21/2013Our family comes from the Caribbean and is constantly on the lookout for an Indian restaurant with great flavours in the food. Atithi fits the bill quite nicely. Flavour, flavour, flavour....not talkling about that 90's rapper....that is the main draw for us. As a result, It is now our favourite restaurant because of the food and because it is quiet. Finally a charming dining experience where we have no need to shout a conversation across the table to our partially deaf parent. The only complaint is that the portions are a bit on the small side but I think that is almost standard with most Indian restaurants. Open Table was a very convenient way to book a table but it would be nice if we could get a return confirmation. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtithiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2013We had the Chicken Cettinad and Bombay Biryani. Both came in generous portions and were very tasty.
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013The food was excellent. The service was acceptable, server was friendly, but not particularly attentive, and forgot a few things. Ambience was nice, a pleasant little restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2013The food at Atithi is SO good! Beautifully presented and very reasonably priced. Our favourites are the Jumbo Tiger Prawns in Black Pepper Curry and the Bagar Bengan (eggplant). The service is warm and courteous and accommodating to any request. Recommended with no hesitation whatsoever.Special Features:
- really bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013The service was bad, really bad. Took them ~30 minutes to take my order after I sat down. It then took them 15 minutes to serve me my drink after I ordered it. Also took them ~30 minutes to give me my check after I requested it. There was no sense of urgency on the part of the servers. They were either slow moving or standing around. The food was fine but nothing impressive. I'm NOT returning.
- Lovely friendly staff. CleanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Lovely friendly staff. Clean facilities. Delicious food that was very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Fourth visit. Food is generallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Fourth visit. Food is generally fine but lacks finish. Portions are a bit on the smaller side, compared to other Indian restaurants in Kits with comparable price range. Desserts for Dineout menu were poor.
- This is a gem. Small, cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013This is a gem. Small, cozy restaurant with friendly staff and very good Indian food. Must go back again to try out the other items on the menu. I think this will be a perfect place to celebrate Valentine's Day with its ambience.
- Had a great time here forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013Had a great time here for Dine Out as everything was delicious. However the only criticism i have was I found their dine out menu was quite skimpy in portions as I wasn't full after a three course meal, and i'm a petite person. The railway lamb was half the servings of their regular dish (as I have been here before), and if you were expecting creme brule, you have to look twice as it came in the size of two quarters, with pieces of fruit and cream. I have been to other Dine Out places, and the entree portions are an entree portion, not an appetizer size. I would come back for a regular menu, but not during Dine Out. Best to go to other places that are willing to serve regular, meal size portions, and really get a bang for your bucks!!!!!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We were very disappointed by the overall experience - the quality of the food was poor. I felt as though I was eating a reduced portion.
- I thought everything was verySmileyDined on 1/26/2013I thought everything was very good - we have been a few times and consistently good - I was disappointed with the creme brule dessert thoough - I don't think any one that would order creme brule would expect that minute offering, that was really bad I would say.Special Features:
- Food is great, decor is notEnerVIPDined on 1/24/2013Food is great, decor is not but who cares, you don't eat the wallpaper.Special Features:
- Dine Out Atithi!eatoutBobDined on 1/23/2013Our first dinner at Atithi was during the Dine Out Vancouver Festival so there was a set menu at $18 per person for a 3-course meal. Because we were three people, and there were three choices of each of appetizer, main dish, and dessert, we decided to try all the items on the set menu and share them. Each one was delicious and aromatic. I wish I had kept the menu so I could specify the dishes, but both meat and vegetarian selections were very tasty. Especially noteworthy was the cardamom-flavoured creme caramel, which was served in two little chocolate cups. There is a brief, reasonably priced wine list. We all agreed that the meal was scrumptious, extremely good value and made us want to return to sample the regular menu.Special Features:
- Great place on Burrard & Broadway!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013It's a great place to take a date, very intimate. We went as a group of 6 for Dine-Out Vancouver, and this was my first time there. Everything on the set menu was very tasty; especially the appetizers and curry lentil cakes! I'm so glad they have vegetarian options. One of my friends who didn't have the Dine-Out menu, went for the samosas and biryani. It looked so good! She said it was delicious. I may have to go there again and try out their other dishes. I'd definitely recommend going there (and make reservations).Special Features:
- nothing special--does notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013nothing special--does not stand out from other Indian restaurants and the meal is not sufficiently memorable to bring one back. Spicy but not particularly tasty. No depth to cooking and menu is quite unexcitingSpecial Features:
- Gem of the neighbourhood!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2013Love this restaurant. Food is so authentic and feels like home cooking. Best of all, never feel 'stuffed' after leaving! It's on top of our list for Indian cuisine and would highly recommend Atithi.Special Features:
- As usual, good food exceptHibsVIPDined on 1/5/2013As usual, good food except chicken a bit dry in butter chicken. Loved the lentil cakes!Special Features:
- Not your typical Indian restaurant.mgseavanDined on 12/22/2012Not your typical Indian restaurant. Some unusual ingredients, such as jackfruit and pickled turnips, and dishes from different parts of India. The chilli gobu appetizer is to die for. The chef's sampler is a very good deal, especially the vegetarian one.Special Features:
- A quaint spot for a casualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012A quaint spot for a casual dinner. The food was great and the service very friendly.Special Features:
- Great Indian FoodKerayDined on 12/9/2012It was our first time here. The wait staff were attentive & helpful. The food was great. We'll be back!Special Features:
- This is a great neighborhoodHungry4PastaVIPDined on 12/8/2012This is a great neighborhood family run Indian restaurant. Food is good & reasonably priced. One of our waitress was very young & was confused of a few things. Other than that, I will go back again!Special Features: