Athena By The Sea
4400 North Ocean Drive
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL 33308Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Athena By The Sea
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.athenabythesea.net/
- Phone: (954) 771-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Dancing, Entertainment, Takeout
- Entertainment: DON'T MISS THE MUSIC AND BELLY DANCING 9 PM on Friday and Saturday nights, with the breaking of plates you too may be shouting OPA!
A word from Athena By The Sea
GREEK DISHES FIT FOR THE GODS Savor our seafood specialties like; fresh whole Yellow Tail Snapper, Tuna Kabob or Jumbo Baked Shrimp or our succulent seasoned Char-broiled Lamb Chops. Try something new, with our Flaming Cheese Specialty! Come taste the rich aromatic flavors of Grecian Cuisine, prepared fresh for a dining experience worthy of Zeus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Athena By The Sea reviews from OpenTable diners
- Easter Sunday LunchNYCFoodieDined on 3/31/2013Family lunch for Easter Sunday was very nice. Regular menu and great service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- It seemed to be better beforeGrahamDined on 3/30/2013It seemed to be better before they remodeled. But, still very good and would recommend.Special Features:
- Very good Greek food, enjoyedmarkiemarkDined on 3/22/2013Very good Greek food, enjoyed the lamb chops, perfectly cooked excellent valueSpecial Features:
- A pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/25/2013I actually was suprised with how delicious my meal was at Athena By the Sea. Located right in the heart of Lauderdale by the Sea, I wasn't expecting much. It was really good, though, and our waitress was informed and delightful. We started out with an octopus appetizer, mainly for curiosity's sake, and it was beautifully prepared. I also ordered Yellow Snapper Francese, a delicate preparation that was perfect. It came with creatively prepared peas and potatoes. The Greek influence was subtley evident. My husband had a lamb shank over an orzo dish. Everything was extremely hot and quickly brought out from the kitchen.Special Features:
- The combination of seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013The combination of seafood and Greek food was unexpectedly delicious!!! It also has a GREAT location right by the pier scene in Fort Lauderdale!! Loved it!Special Features:
- Lamb chops were very fatty.DennisdmfVIPDined on 2/16/2013Lamb chops were very fatty. Service good and friendlySpecial Features:
- So far, the best Greek foodRDLAUSVIPDined on 2/15/2013So far, the best Greek food we've found in South Florida. The place isn't fancy, but it's nice. A block from the beach, so parking can be a challenge, there are lots within 2 blocks where you pay by the hour. GOOD HAPPY HOUR SPECIALS! We liked the evening entertainment, which included a belly dancer on Friday (what a throwback). Note - Lauderdale by the Sea is a great area for 40-60 year olds (and even older) - out for a night on the town. We saw a senior couple in liplock on a bench by the ocean! If you're under 30, you will be the youngest people around...Special Features:
- When our large group arrived,HKDineVIPDined on 2/9/2013When our large group arrived, they did not have our reservation in their system or so they said. We were seated at tables pulled together outside and extending into the parking lot. Service picked up after that as we had an attentive waiter. Food was pretty good though have had better - for the price there were no real complaints.Special Features:
- Great Food but Slow ServicePaulDined on 2/7/2013Food was great, service was slow and often unattentive. Not sure I would return because of that. It was not busy either that night. Didn't see any signs of leadership/management checking on the team and their productivity.Special Features:
- Excellent moderately pricedRichard2VIPDined on 1/10/2013Excellent moderately priced choice. Open air seating, recently remodeled. Great neighborhood gem.
- Good Greek Food but slow serviceLoves2eatVIPDined on 1/2/2013Really wanted a Greek restaurant and found this one by accident. Our first meal was outstanding, but the service leaves a lot to be desired. Our second visit my souvlaki was burnt and disappointing though we had to wait a long time for service. They appeared overwhelmed so this was a bit unuasual.Special Features:
- Food was mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/27/2012Food was mediocre at best. More diner than greek restaurant. Service was very slow. And, they were not set for Open Table and did not know what I was talking about when I mentioned my Open Table reservation.
- Even better with the Renovation!EldivaVIPDined on 12/16/2012New renovation = A+! New decor, new food items, new bar, new outside dining and drinking, new attitude! I always enjoyed Atena for what it was -friendly neighborhood Greek diner close to the beach and my neighborhood - same as now, but kicked up several notches...stick with the Greek food, pizza and drinks and I doubt you will be disappointed -Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Location is superb. Lots ofdrhdhomeVIPDined on 7/21/2012Location is superb. Lots of traffic on Saturday nights. OpenTable reservation was perfect. Although upon arrival (8:45 PM) we found several open tables, within 30 minutes the place was packed. Thus, having a reservation was a very good idea. From time to time, the street is closed with entertainment and the restaurant is in the middle of it all. The belly dancer show was o.k.Special Features:
- We try to go to this restaurantGrahamDined on 5/21/2012We try to go to this restaurant once a year for birthdays or special events. The food is very good. The Lamb Chops are probably the best I've ever had. I highly recommend the restaurant to people.Special Features:
- food was ok, best part wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012food was ok, best part was the bellydancing, had to contend/compete w city band set up on street just outside thr resturant, then when it statrted to rain akk the pub;ic crowded restm waiting for raib to stop just standing around, crowding one person at a time bathrmSpecial Features:
- Fair at best, a bit belowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2012Fair at best, a bit below the bar on the spectrum of usual Greek restaurants in major US cities.
- V. good Greek cuisine withPickyDinersVIPDined on 1/21/2012V. good Greek cuisine with exceptionally attentive service. We ate there on a Saturday night, when a regularly-scheduled street festival, complete with a loud and lively rock band, was taking place. In our opinion, this roisterous entertainment, occurring just outside the door, was entertaining; but you might consider another evening if you wish to dine quietly on the patio.Special Features:
- Decent food. Great location.BravoLouisvilleDined on 1/20/2012Decent food. Great location. Good people watching from outside.Special Features:
- disappointing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/3/2012the service people were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the food was not great. The shrimp was cooked nicely, but oversalted. The humus was fairly tasteless. We had bakalava for dessert. It had the right flavor, but was sadly stale. I understand keeping pastery fresh can be a problem at a seaside restaurant, but they certainly did not meet the challenge.
- Good ExperienceWillDined on 11/18/2011Been here several times, decent food. Hostess was a little 'curt', but the servers and waitress made up for it.Special Features:
- Best Grilled Calamari!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2011We were on time for our reservation and sat outside on the sidewalk. It was a bit noisy die to traffic but the service and food were exceptional and we had a very nice time. We had two grilled calamari appetizers to die for which is something you can not easily get. With a bottle of wine and the appetizers, that was our dinner. They served pita and hummas on the side. The staff couldn't have been better! very friendly and attentive. It was a very pleasant and delicious experience.Special Features:
- The flaming cheese is amazing!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011The flaming cheese is amazing!!!!!!!!! The food was very good.
- Athena's by the Sea is a greathdogDined on 10/6/2011Athena's by the Sea is a great place with great food and exceptional service. I really enjoyed this place.Special Features:
- I chose this restaurant toBluestarDined on 7/23/2011I chose this restaurant to try Greek food. I did not find as much Greek food as I was hoping. The service was good and food was brought out pretty fast. The food was fine.Special Features: