901 Louisiana Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://atchafalayarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (504) 891-9626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner - Seven Days: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch - Five Days: Monday, Thursday, Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lynch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs dinning room accommodates 30 people with porch access to the outside.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Jaffe 5048919626x
- Entertainment: Live Music during Saturday & Sunday Brunch.
A word from Atchafalaya Restaurant
Atchafalaya Restaurant is a true New Orleans neighborhood eatery. Neighbors, locals, and out of town guests return often for a great Louisiana food experience, highlighted by attentive service, time- tested favorites, and tasty new creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Atchafalaya Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Atchafalaya Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (185)fit for foodies (154)great for brunch (125)special occasion (88)romantic (81)hot spot (44)good for groups (43)notable wine list (38)great for lunch (34)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Tucked away Gem, that everyone should hit upOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/26/2014In NOLA for thanksgiving and was looking for a last minute place to eat and the menu looked interesting, so when we were dropped off at a converted house we were like this should be interested. We got greeted by a great hostess and was seated in the upper section, it wasn't full in the area, so it was very intimate and quiet, but the food was freaking amazing, from the soups to entrées everything hit the spot. We had the gumbo and a tomato bisque with goat cheese and fried green tomatoes to start. Then the lobster ravioli and lamb meatballs for main course and just amazing. The only issue we had, is that everyone, but our server was amazing and happy and I just think are server was having a bad day or thought he was getting cut, before we were seated. No real issues just short with things, didn't ruining anything. We're already thinking how can we get back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The food and service was amazing. I highly recommend atchafalya to anyone looking for a great meal that was original and the place is adorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bloody Mary Bar and Live Music! Oh and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2014I found Atchafalaya on Open Table as I was looking for a good brunch place outside of the French Quarter. We arrived a little early for our reservation so we grabbed a Bloody Mary while we waited. The Bloody Mary bar was awesome. They offer a variety of mixes plus a host of additions - bacon, pickles, asparagus, horseradish, hot sauces and more. I had one of the specials which was Rockefeller Benedict or Benedict Rockefeller I can't remember the exact name. It was two poached eggs surrounded by fried oysters and creamed spinach on a bed of cream cheese grits. Writing that out makes it sound so unhealthy but it was amazing!! I also managed to scarf down an entire side of jalapeño cornbread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food.Lance932VIPDined on 11/14/2014Atchafalaya has to be among the best restaurants in the city. Tony and Rachel are at the top of their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch!PADinerDined on 11/14/2014Had brunch for 6 and were seated in a private room upstairs. Very knowledgeable and friendly waiter. Fun bloody mary bar. Every dish at the table was delicious. We even ordered desert after brunch - who does that? The chai tea creme bruele was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014Our main dishes were good; we both had fish. However, the appetizers and desserts were amazing! Don't skimp out on these! The crabmeat ravioli and the fried green tomatoes are musts. Holly & Ed were both excellent servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my new favorites in NOLA!WileyeatsDined on 11/10/2014Great food and great craft cocktails...homemade tonic was to die for...try the Hemingway cocktail. Get out of French Quarter and try this place...nice neighborhood gem of a place...order anything it will be great! My wife had the black drum and will not stop talking about how wonderful it was...I had lamb meatballs which were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and a true gemGatorInAtlDined on 11/9/2014went here with some friends while visiting NOLA, enjoyed great drinks and fantastic food. Definitely on the pricey side, but was worth it! Would come back , especially for those chocolate crepes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food spoiled by vredredwineDined on 11/9/2014Reservations seemed pointless as we waited 20 mins to be seated in a small, crowded area where the live music was so loud you couldn't hear each other speak. Good food, but I will not return.
- wonderful brunchfandrDined on 11/9/2014Food was prepared with exceptional care and was of high qualitySpecial Features:
- woodyDined on 11/8/2014We have dined at Atchafalaya several times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The Sunday brunch menu was excellent along with the Bloody Mary bar. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner recently that started off with fried green tomatoes topped with crabmeat and also enjoyed a wonderful starter of diver scallops. Then for our entrees we had the best shrimp and grits to be found anywhere on the planet and we also had a wonderful grilled pork chop. Unfortunately we were too full to sample any of the desserts but there is always next time!Special Features:
- DisappointedASL3Dined on 11/6/2014We've eaten at Atchafalaya many times during the past and always found it to be a dependable, good place to eat in this town of so many wonderful restaurants. However, this past Friday we brought good friends there for lunch and were very disappointed. We did not realize that the restaurant's create-your-own Bloody Mary brunch was served on Fridays too. We've avoided going to their brunch on Saturday and Sundays because of warnings about the noise level from the musical entertainment. We didn't realize the menu gets altered and clearly the regular chef is not 'on' for brunch. From the fried green tomatoes with crabmeat and Hollondaise (usually a favorite) to the fried chicken and biscuits the food was dull - nothing special. Bummer.
- Good lunch/brunchNolaDined on 11/6/2014We chose achtafalaya because we had a friend visiting from out of town who wanted gumbo and wanted to stay out of the touristy areas. The atmosphere is quaint and charming set in uptown New Orleans. The food was very tasty without being over seasoned. The waitress was very helpful. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two wordsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Terrific variety......also awesome Bloody Mary barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, will returnCrazyforfoodDined on 11/3/2014I was impressed with the friendliness of all of the employees we encountered. Such a nice surprise to a wonderful meal & atmosphere. Glad we picked you out of so many to choose from to bring our friends from Australia, such a long distance to travelSpecial Features:
- Creole DecadenceHcoateDined on 11/2/2014I was visiting NOLA for a few days and decided to have a fine dining experience. I reserved a table for myself last minute and the FOH staff still read the reservation notes enough to greet me by name when I arrived. The space seems cozy downstairs, but there's an entire upstairs with tables to accommodate a busier night. Cocktails are well crafted and the food is excellent with smart portion sizes. Waitstaff is extremely attentive and makes you feel at home. The bottled wine list has a good variety. Overall, wonderful dining experience and seemed to house large parties and intimate gatherings all the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch + Bloody Mary BarVsross11VIPDined on 11/2/2014We had great food, great service, and loved the Bloody Mary bar. Plus Jazz for Sunday brunch! Super little neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!NikkiVIPDined on 11/1/2014A nice quaint small restaurant. Very personalized service with a great staff. Food across the board was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Service was very good and food- though a limited menu- excellent. Noise level could be a little less but was not overly objectionable- many NOLA restaurants are simply too noisy for me. Atchafalaya is my "go to" place when a good meal is desired and don't want a lot of hassle getting it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Had two exceptional dishes, started with mirliton soup, followed by the grouper entree. Great flavor in both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real New Orleans BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014A hostess, a Bloody Mary station, and a bar flowing with mimosas, locals, & notes from a live band welcome you when enter this neighborhood gem. If you want to know why people fall in love w/ New Orleans & the people here, this would be a good place to start. You feel like you're dining in a local home with all of their normal friends & crazy relatives. The menu has a great selection but not too extensive. The items that seem decadent are surprisingly well balanced, satisfying and not too heavy (Cochon du l'eggs, fish tacos.) The Bloody Mary bar allows you to design your own but also has an option of a pre-made version if you don't feel like fully making it yourself. Although the place was packed, wait for food & check was minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunchloves2eatDined on 10/24/2014We took a big group - 5 adults and 3 kids under 3 - and had a great brunch. The waitstaff was very accommodating for the children and the food was delicious! No complaints!Special Features:
- Still great!drblynnwareVIPDined on 10/23/2014Second time here. I had the drumm fish which was perfectly prepared. Don't forget to try the blue cheese flan! The first time I ever had this and it is to die for.Special Features:
- Don't forget the gumboLovegr8foodDined on 10/20/2014Dinner was very good, I did have a little problem with the temperature of my entree, which turned out to be a good thing, the waiter offered me a cup of gumbo while I waited for my dinner to come back, I wouldn't have ordered gumbo but the next time I won't forget to, it was the best gumbo I think I've ever had. Great atmosphere, off the beaten path, the staff could not have been nicer. I would definetely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchlocavoreDined on 10/20/2014We had a very pleasant brunch on a recent Monday. The service was fine and the food was very good. One of our party had had dinner there recently and said it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteStrutsDined on 10/19/2014Cocktails were delicious, scallops were cooked to perfection, gumbo was among the best I've had, and shrimp and grits were absolutely outstanding. Friendly, non-obtrusive service. Lovely ambience. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Bloody Mary Bar DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Wonderful brunch. Worth the wait and the venture away from touristy parts of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreaming of fried green tomatoessunriseDined on 10/19/2014I'm from California & lucky to be visiting New Orleans for an extended period of time, due to a work project. I was looking forward to sampling a dish with one of the Southern specialties, fried green tomatoes. I chose Atchafalaya, a lovely neighborhood restaurant situated in a charming house, for a bite of those green tomatoes. And that's about all I got in my Eggs Achafalaya, with lump crab meat, poached eggs, hollandaise and the much sought after fried green tomatoes. The thin, small slices of green tomatoes just didn't stand up to what was otherwise a great dish. But the house coffee was great!Special Features:
- DeliciousdeliciousDined on 10/19/2014The food was delicious especially the grits. Enjoyed making our own Bloody Mary. Service was great. Our waiter checked on us and gave us personal attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!EmilyDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I had brunch at Atchafalaya on Saturday. The service and food were excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best brunch in New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Do not miss putting this place on your list of top places to dine in New Orleans! Excellent everytime!! Awesome bloody mary bar!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- do not miss this spot for brunch!LouiseDined on 10/12/2014check out the bloody mary bar for brunch...awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!livieereDined on 10/10/2014I really enjoyed my time here! It didn't take long for my food to arrive and it definitely didn't disappoint. My pork chop was juicy and tender! Everyone should try it at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Flavorful FoodOKfoodie87Dined on 10/10/2014The menu for this place is wonderful. The chefs combine traditional flavors in unique ways which makes for a wonderful dining experience. I had the pork belly entree, which also had coconut rice, seared tuna, bitter greens, mushrooms and a fried egg. All elements of the dish were cooked perfectly, I wasn't sure if this dish would jive. It did, and it was amazing. I highly recommend this dish and restaurant. The warm goat cheese salad was also great and the dessert was fantastic. It is a nice smallish restaurant with great service, food and atmosphere. Its wonderful for a special occasion or a nicer date night.Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceLabethaDined on 10/5/2014This was a fun place and the food was very good. Great Bloody Mary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss their weekend brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Wonderful food, live jazz band, great service. Just a great little neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Flavor!SteveDined on 10/4/2014The food was implacable, and the service was great as well. Great place to take your Wife after a long week! Definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- DisappointedHarrisonDined on 10/4/2014I have dined at atchafalaya for many years and the food has always been excellent. This time however I was truly disappointed . The steaks were tasteless and tough. The salmon did not seem fresh. The only redeeming aspect of the meal was the crab ravioli appetizer ,it was outstanding. The staff was very courteous . Maybe this was just an off night . I will go there again.
- Uneven cooking and service.TerryDined on 9/29/2014I've had a couple amazing meals here and four or five not so good. The three times I've invited guests, fish comes out dry, recipies lack flavor and complexity, sauces are muddy not bright, plates come out drabbly presented. Sad to say as I like the ambience and I can walk here and a couple times the chef rang the bell.
- Cute Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014The scallops were delicious wish there were three instead of two. The cheese board was really good also!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.