901 Louisiana Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://atchafalayarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5048919626x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner - Seven Days: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch - Five Days: Monday, Thursday, Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lynch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs dinning room accommodates 30 people with porch access to the outside.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Jaffe 5048919626x
- Entertainment: Live Music during Saturday & Sunday Brunch.
A word from Atchafalaya Restaurant
Atchafalaya Restaurant is a true New Orleans neighborhood eatery. Neighbors, locals, and out of town guests return often for a great Louisiana food experience, highlighted by attentive service, time- tested favorites, and tasty new creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Atchafalaya Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Atchafalaya Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (152)fit for foodies (130)great for brunch (121)special occasion (93)romantic (64)good for groups (45)hot spot (35)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (29)kid-friendly (19)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (15)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food choices and attentive but not hovering staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MelsieDined on 8/28/2014This was the best meal we had in New Orleans. I had the special soft shell crab and the special fish of the day and was in heaven. Everyone loved their meals! The butternut squash vichyssoise was so good, as were the meatballs. Everything was perfect and they even had a taxi waiting for us. We were staying in the French Quarter and I was so glad we hopped in a taxi and went to this gem. Several others had recommended it to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantNOLAGirlDined on 8/27/2014This is the second time in a month that I have eaten at Cafe Atchafalaya, and the food and service have been superb both times. The only negative thing I can say about the restaurant is the inside temperature -- it was very warm in there the other night. I asked the manager to lower the thermostat, but I don't think he did. All the servers were sweating, which is not real appetizing. As the restaurant filled up, it got even hotter, but the manager never adjusted the thermostat to account for this. Please lower the thermostat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time I've had a bad mealLizNDined on 8/25/2014I love Cafe Atchafalaya! Normally, anyway... I had the fish tacos this time and they were inedible. Fish was advertised to be black drum, which is a nice white fish. It was more chewy than over cooked chicken. The purple potatoes (who puts purple potatoes in fish tacos anyway?) were very hard and undercooked, and were not something I would have enjoyed in the fish tacos even if well cooked. The shredded cabbage was virtually nonexistent. The fried plantains on the side tasted burned. Bummer! My friends liked their dishes and I usually enjoy the restaurant but I'll avoid the fish tacos when I go back! Great ambiance, great service, lots of fun with a Bloody Mary bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereSmb1Dined on 8/24/2014I came here on a weeknight recently. The host was very accommodating, the bartenders were able to suggest a very lovely wine, and the food was fantastic. I had left overs and couldn't wait to eat them for lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Great FindDiningLoverDined on 8/24/2014Excellent out of the way restaurant on a quiet street. Good service and delicious food. The best fried green tomatoes I've ever had. They were topped with lump crab meat - unbelievably, delicious!!! I had the black drum and it was wonderful. My husband had lamb meatballs and they were also very good and unusual. Good wine list and very nice servers and bartenders. Very glad we ventured out and tried this restaurant. Would definitely go back. Short ride from Canal Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchJmfhDined on 8/24/2014This place has it all! Great food, great service, great space! I could eat here every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Waiter didn't introduce herself and never seemed to engage with us. She was prompt, kept drinks filled, etc. just not that extra friendliness that is the usual New Orleans experience. Other servers and Hostess were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans GemLuvLauderdaleDined on 8/20/2014I found Atchafalaya on Open Table and based on the ratings decided to try it. It is in the "Garden District" but off the beaten path. The decor is very interesting and comfortable. The music was great, non-obtrusive and enticing. The food was even better. I tried New Orleans specialties prepared by the chef and each one was great!! The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. She chose a wine for me which was delicious and reasonably priced. I would definitely return on my next visit the "Big Easy".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchNola31Dined on 8/18/2014A great option for a business meal on Monday lunchtime when many restaurants are not open. Crab Louis salad delicious and very fresh tasting.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchsdd88Dined on 8/17/2014Had an 1145 am reservation for Sunday brunch. Arrived a little early around 1120. We were not seated until about 1230. This is WITH a reservation. We we offered a round of drinks and from there on out food and service were both top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night with Fine DiningBetsy72Dined on 8/16/2014We went on a Saturday night after a long work day. The people were welcoming from the moment we walked in the door. The house specialty drinks were tasty. The dining room was well lit when we arrived, but as the evening progressed the room got very dark and we found the use of flashlights blinking so guests could se the menu annoying. The wait staff kept the glasses full and refilled the bread basket as needed. They did forget a side dish and it took awhile to get our entrees. All of our dishes were worth the wait. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We went for brunch and all loved what we ordered. Soft shell crab dish and bellinis were awesome! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchRobmacVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for a weekend brunch and it was great. Cool place, tucked in the Garden District. Seated us a bit before our reservation and everyone was nice and service was consistently good. They accommodated wife's request to "de-head" the shrimp for her shrimp and grits, which were superb. My eggs and bourdan sausage was great. Portions are large. Fun, lively vibe. Had a band playing as well in front bar area, so conversation in the front room can be a bit challenging. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good SurpriseOneTimeNativeVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had not been to Atchafalaya in a while. Had good experiences in the past, but generally just a little under, say, the large selection of very good restaurants on Magazine St. in the Garden District and Uptown. This time the experience was on par with the Magazine St. venues. Creative dishes that were well prepared. Interesting wine list and good cocktails from the bar.Special Features:
- As good as it getsnyomnyomnyomnyomDined on 8/10/2014We found this lovely gem on Yelp, which can sometimes be misleading. But this time it was spot-on! By far one of the nicest dining experiences we have ever had, both from the standpoint of service and quality. The food was fantastic and the staff made us feel like we were their most important customers even though we were obviously just a couple of lowly tourists. Seriously, they were really, really nice, even by New Orleans standards, which are pretty high! Everything was impressive, from the food to the ambiance to the staff. If we are ever in town again, we will definitely be back to this sweet spot in the heart of uptown!Special Features:
- Great BrunchEmilioDined on 8/10/2014Very tasty brunch that includes very creative breakfast items and a bloody mary bar. Bartender also made a pretty killer Pimms Cup. Food took an extremely long time to arrive but it was worth the wait. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better with each visitnicknameVIPDined on 8/9/2014Atchafalaya continues to impress. Excellent cocktails, and the food is excellent. I have a fantastic swordfish special, a fish hard to cook right. Soups and soft-shell crabs great. We will continue to go back.Special Features:
- Atchafalaya gets me everytimeAnnaDined on 8/8/2014Always make my way out here when in town and it is always so worth it. Those shrimp and grits get me everytime!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was amazing!!lolind2Dined on 8/8/2014This is a must stop for New Orleans brunch! The food is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy Moly!ChuckVIPDined on 8/7/2014I found them because they were just named in the 100 Best Brunches in America. in It began with one of the best Bloody Mary's I've ever had. Can't say exactly what was so special but the flavor balance was perfect. The soup of the day was to die for - Watermelon Tomatillo Gazpacho. It was absolutely wonderful. The added blue crab meat on the top added the perfect touch. The Fried Green Tomato's were breaded and fried to perfection. The accompanying crab topping and remoulade sauce really complimented the dish. Creamy Grits really couldn't have been better. They were just as described - so creamy and delicious. A new gem for me in New Orleans. I can't wait to be in N.O. over a weekend to enjoy the brunch.Special Features:
- good food and top notch serviceFaubourgDanDined on 8/7/2014This was my second time at atchafalaya. Just like my first visit the service was impeccable. I'm of the opinion that a waiter should be courteous and take an order with confidence while letting you eat and not interrupting your meal with questions about your food. Mine was just that, he whisked by the tablr frequently to top of water and Saison DuPont beer. Additionally, they watch your table like a hawk and refold your napkin if you get up. The food was perfectly seasoned and creative in a creole fusion style. It says a lot when they have the confidence to leave the salt and pepper shakers off the table. My only gripe was two tiny pieces of shell in the crabmeat on my free form ravioli (thus 4 stars vs 5)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDIfoodLoversDined on 8/4/2014We arrived with 16 month old in tow, unpredictable in restaurant setting. While I would not describe restaurant as kid-friendly, staff was very accommodating and we took outside table to avoid disturbing other diners. Very enjoyable evening with great food. Drum, lamb meatballs, duck and filet were all excellent as was the ravioli appetizer. Service was excellent as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- New #1 PickJOEYDined on 8/2/2014No, not related to the owner! New Orleans is certainly known for its food and this restaurant has emerged to my number one pick. I had it at number 2 but I have to say that my last 3 visits have repositioned this and well deserved. They are very personable from the front door to the dining floor. Really nice and caring! When we exited, the gentleman who greeted us followed us down the block to ask if everything was good and did we have a nice time. He missed us exiting but realized we were on our way and came after us. First class! And the food was impeccable! I'll say no more other than....please don't crowd the place after reading this so I don't have to wait to get in!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would returnTravelincoachDined on 8/2/2014Well worth the trip out to the Garden District if you're staying in the French Quarter. Delicious food, friendly and attentive service, no pretense despite the location.Special Features:
- AtchafalayaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014I took the wife and friends there for her birthday. The food is unbelievably delicious. One of the best places to eat in New Orleans. Great service from our waiter Ed. It was a perfect evening and I can't wait to check out their brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateeatsDined on 7/28/2014The food was great! And the Bloody Mary bar was my favorite so far-great touch with the bacon! My only complaint was that I don't think my meal (the Boudreaux) had the alligator sausage that it was supposed to. I was excited to try it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatMalldayDined on 7/26/2014This favorite is tucked away on Louisiana Avenue in Uptown New Orleans. It's truly a gem with a strong, classic New Orleans menu with a little flair. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- colesmomColesmomDined on 7/26/2014Being regulars at eating in NOLA, this place is one of our top 5. Always fabulous!!!!! The cream cheese grits are the finest things on the wonderful menu. Love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!Foodie28VIPDined on 7/26/2014It was worth the $12 cab ride from the French quarter to eat here. I loved the ambience and atmosphere, our server was great and the crab cakes benedict was yummy. We had it with the alligator sausage on the side. The bloody Mary bar is fun and the live jazz music was good too. If you are just visiting New Orleans for a day or two, you should still eat here. It's much better than the sub-par tourist trap dining establishments in the French Quarter/Bourbon St.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Brunch was awesome. Had the Duck confit hash and it was excellentSpecial Features:
- Great New Orleans ExperienceMrdtownDined on 7/18/2014My family had a great time at dinner. Everything from good drinks, exceptional appetizers, and a phenominal dinner. They even helped us get a cab home after the meal. If you're looking for real New Orleans food then go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dinner and ServiceHCnolaDined on 7/17/2014Had a fabulous evening. Best shrimp and grits ever with a terrific shrimp broth. Great service and lovely atmosphere. Cannot wait to return. So many great items on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - Spectacular foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Everything was outstanding - I have never had a bad experience at this restaurant. I love it and the staff makes you feel at homeSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceWarehouseDined on 7/13/2014This place has great food and service. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded and loud, but decentsep004VIPDined on 7/13/2014I probably won't return to Atchafalaya, but it was decent. The ambiance could use some work. It's extremely HOT, loud, and crowded. It just doesn't make up for the mediocre food. No one in our group could figure out what people rave about. We just didn't really enjoy this place.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch!EditorKayDined on 7/10/2014The brunch offerings are excellent! The food is fresh and full of flavor. Excellent service and the server had great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Service was above average. Fish tacos were not. When it comes to food, novelty is not everything.
- Excellent experience!FrequentDinerDined on 7/6/2014Best meal and dinning experience of our vacation! If you want top-notch food and superior service in a quiet, quaint environment, this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatrinaDined on 7/6/2014Good was excellent. Bloody Mary bar was a nice touch. Only complaint was our server. Not very informative he lacked personality. We listened to another server that was awesome I wish we would have had him because our experience would've been even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.