901 Louisiana Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://atchafalayarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5048919626x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner - Seven Days: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch - Five Days: Monday, Thursday, Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lynch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs dinning room accommodates 30 people with porch access to the outside.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Jaffe 5048919626x
- Entertainment: Live Music during Saturday & Sunday Brunch.
A word from Atchafalaya Restaurant
Atchafalaya Restaurant is a true New Orleans neighborhood eatery. Neighbors, locals, and out of town guests return often for a great Louisiana food experience, highlighted by attentive service, time- tested favorites, and tasty new creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Atchafalaya Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Atchafalaya Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (174)fit for foodies (143)great for brunch (130)special occasion (89)romantic (67)good for groups (42)hot spot (33)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Don't forget the gumboLovegr8foodDined on 10/20/2014Dinner was very good, I did have a little problem with the temperature of my entree, which turned out to be a good thing, the waiter offered me a cup of gumbo while I waited for my dinner to come back, I wouldn't have ordered gumbo but the next time I won't forget to, it was the best gumbo I think I've ever had. Great atmosphere, off the beaten path, the staff could not have been nicer. I would definetely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014Cocktails were delicious, scallops were cooked to perfection, gumbo was among the best I've had, and shrimp and grits were absolutely outstanding. Friendly, non-obtrusive service. Lovely ambience. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Bloody Mary Bar DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Wonderful brunch. Worth the wait and the venture away from touristy parts of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreaming of fried green tomatoessunriseDined on 10/19/2014I'm from California & lucky to be visiting New Orleans for an extended period of time, due to a work project. I was looking forward to sampling a dish with one of the Southern specialties, fried green tomatoes. I chose Atchafalaya, a lovely neighborhood restaurant situated in a charming house, for a bite of those green tomatoes. And that's about all I got in my Eggs Achafalaya, with lump crab meat, poached eggs, hollandaise and the much sought after fried green tomatoes. The thin, small slices of green tomatoes just didn't stand up to what was otherwise a great dish. But the house coffee was great!Special Features:
- DeliciousdeliciousDined on 10/19/2014The food was delicious especially the grits. Enjoyed making our own Bloody Mary. Service was great. Our waiter checked on us and gave us personal attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!EmilyDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I had brunch at Atchafalaya on Saturday. The service and food were excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best brunch in New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Do not miss putting this place on your list of top places to dine in New Orleans! Excellent everytime!! Awesome bloody mary bar!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- do not miss this spot for brunch!LouiseDined on 10/12/2014check out the bloody mary bar for brunch...awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!livieereDined on 10/10/2014I really enjoyed my time here! It didn't take long for my food to arrive and it definitely didn't disappoint. My pork chop was juicy and tender! Everyone should try it at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Flavorful FoodOKfoodie87Dined on 10/10/2014The menu for this place is wonderful. The chefs combine traditional flavors in unique ways which makes for a wonderful dining experience. I had the pork belly entree, which also had coconut rice, seared tuna, bitter greens, mushrooms and a fried egg. All elements of the dish were cooked perfectly, I wasn't sure if this dish would jive. It did, and it was amazing. I highly recommend this dish and restaurant. The warm goat cheese salad was also great and the dessert was fantastic. It is a nice smallish restaurant with great service, food and atmosphere. Its wonderful for a special occasion or a nicer date night.Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceLabethaDined on 10/5/2014This was a fun place and the food was very good. Great Bloody Mary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss their weekend brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Wonderful food, live jazz band, great service. Just a great little neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Flavor!SteveDined on 10/4/2014The food was implacable, and the service was great as well. Great place to take your Wife after a long week! Definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- DisappointedHarrisonDined on 10/4/2014I have dined at atchafalaya for many years and the food has always been excellent. This time however I was truly disappointed . The steaks were tasteless and tough. The salmon did not seem fresh. The only redeeming aspect of the meal was the crab ravioli appetizer ,it was outstanding. The staff was very courteous . Maybe this was just an off night . I will go there again.
- Uneven cooking and service.TerryDined on 9/29/2014I've had a couple amazing meals here and four or five not so good. The three times I've invited guests, fish comes out dry, recipies lack flavor and complexity, sauces are muddy not bright, plates come out drabbly presented. Sad to say as I like the ambience and I can walk here and a couple times the chef rang the bell.
- Cute Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014The scallops were delicious wish there were three instead of two. The cheese board was really good also!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Lovely, locals brunch spot. Great live music. Food and drinks are always good. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very NicesunnyinakDined on 9/28/2014It's a bit of a hike to get here on public transit, but worth the effort. Good flavors and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Hoping For BetterCristenDined on 9/28/2014Having had several pleasant dining experiences here before, I was disappointed this visit. First, the music was WAY too loud for that space and for dining. It turned the experience more into like being in a concert venue that serves food. Second, the "entree" portions were very small and were appetizers at best, and that's being generous. I had the shrimp and grits and it came with 5 very small shrimp. The dish was also extremely salty, so much that it was nearly inedible. The second entree was the duck hash. There was about 2 teaspoons of duck on the plate - no exaggeration. Third, my dining companion ordered a beer while we were waiting on our table and the beer was not cold, not even cool.
- LDCATTYDined on 9/28/2014Amazing brunch. A great way to end a weekend in New Orleans. You definitely need a reservation.Special Features:
- True Southern Experience!EVFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food and ambience! Glad we found this place on our last morning in Nola.Special Features:
- Wonderful!mealslamyDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant has been on my "to dine" list and it lived up to every expectation I had!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant - Bad ServerjimboDined on 9/26/2014I have eaten here many times and the food never disappoints - it is simply great, brunch and dinner are always top notch. However, on this visit I got the worse server I have had in many years. Here are a couple of specifics - while pouring the wine I asked if a steak I did not see on the menu was available - she curtly told me we would go over what was available when she went over the specials - when she got back. I thought she was kidding and said feel free to go over them now - she wheeled around and left. After dinner, we wanted to share a desert and asked what was good - she informed me she would bring a desert menu there was to many to choose from. There were 6… I'll be back, but she won't be my server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the fried green tomatoesVacationerVIPDined on 9/26/2014This appetizer was phenomenal. The tomatoes were just tart enough, very crispy and served with a rich remoulade. Two of our party went on to shrimp and grits. Also excellent, though, not being from around here, the inclusion of shrimp heads already separated from the tails was lost on me. The risotto special had lots of fresh spinach, but the most over the top dish was the pork belly and grilled shrimp. This was originally billed as pork belly and tuna, but chef had substituted shrimp. It came with a huge, very rich and tender piece of pork, a fried egg and rice. For dessert, we shared a fruit cobbler that was excellent. Great southern restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood DelightLoganDined on 9/26/2014In Nola for a wedding and got this suggestion from Nola native. Loved it all - neighborhood, house, food, service. Nice treat.Special Features:
- didn't failMikeDined on 9/25/2014I've dined at the restaurant several times. The food and service were great as usual.Special Features:
- Wonderful!EricT614Dined on 9/22/2014My wife and I were in NOLA and wanted to find a non-touristy place. Atchafalaya was fantastic! Great drinks, great food and wonderful service. The owner came out and talked to us for a while as well. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- New Orleans GemGmanDined on 9/22/2014If your looking for a diamond in the rough, look no further. This neighborhood gem dishes up some of New Orlean's finest cuisine. It's a must for all that are searching for some local ambience and terrific food. The seafood specials are always good and the gumbo may be the best I've ever eaten but you must try the lamb meatballs. There's nothing like them anywhere. Can't go wrong here!Special Features:
- Definitely a gemdebhallDined on 9/21/2014In a town filled with good eateries, this restaurant still stands out. It is cozy, yet elegant. Comfortable, yet stylish. When not licking your chops, there is lots of eye candy to peruse with interesting art and architecture. This setting is part of what makes Atchfalaya such a standout. The menu has much to recommend it. I went pretty tradtional with a chicken liver appetizer and shrimp and grits. My dining partner went with the specials - softshell crab appetizer and fish of the day swordfish. It was all lovely and we could not have been more pleased with our choices. My only disappointment was that the servings were so generous I had no room for dessert. I really had my heart set on the five-spice pumpkin bread pudding. Next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy thissharonVIPDined on 9/20/2014We've been to Atchafalaya a number of times now and have enjoyed it every time. The food is exciting; always a bit different but always very good. The building is beautifully decorated and the service is attentive. The crab ear ravioli is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this amazing restaurantTrinaDined on 9/18/2014When visiting New Orleans, there is no shortage of fabulous places to eat. Don't let the many choices keep you from taking a short taxi ride to the Garden District. Everything was fantastic (drum cooked to perfection!) but the shrimp and grits was the table winner.Special Features:
- Good but could be greattravelerandfoodieDined on 9/18/2014This is a cute little neighborhood place with great ambiance. The bar is on the left upon entering and has a really good selection. For dinner we had Shrimp and Grits, Hickory Smoked Steak and lastly Drum. All three dishes were perfectly seasoned but a little cold. The steak was also undercooked. Service was also noticeable as our waitress, while professional, also clearly was rushed and mainly wanted to push items on us. It's a cool place with great food and a nice atmosphere but they do have some issues that need to be addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014While visiting NOLA for a business conference, a member of one of the sessions I attended highly recommended Atchafalaya! My group was extremely happy with the experience. The food, service and establishment were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far from New OrleansBrooklynBobVIPDined on 9/18/2014This place was a $20 cab ride from the Quarter. The foor was crestive. Good but not great. Very pleasant service.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsLauraGDined on 9/14/2014Food is always creative and fresh. Service is always excellent. A great place for a high-end meal in a comfortable environment. And check out the tree relief carved into the wall!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood hangout!ValentineGirlVIPDined on 9/13/2014This wonderful restaurant is the kind you wished was in your own neighborhood--not just in New Orleans. Imaginative menu, delicious food, beautiful presentation...not much more one could ask for when dining out. Fried green tomatoes-outta this world; chicken-savory & spicy; charcuterie board-transcending. In love with French 75s--my new, fav go-to drink this summer. Atchafalaya makes the best one I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in NOLACHRISTYVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best meal of many great ones during our weekend in NOLA. Live music, great vibe, and fantastic brunch food. The Bloody Mary bar was also terrific.Special Features:
- Wonderful place.NicknameVIPDined on 9/12/2014It was the first visit and with such a solid first impression, I'm sure it will be the first of a many. We ordered small plates so as to sample as many dishes as possible and all were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious! and accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Delicious food, everything was outstanding. Great service. Very accommodating to food allergies as well, took the time to verify and double check with the chef and made us at ease about concerns. Gluten Free Friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE!hungry405VIPDined on 9/8/2014We celebrated our NOLA elopement at Atchafalaya - the owners were so gracious and set up a beautiful table, including complimentary champagne and appetizer. The bartender was friendly and made great craft drinks. The food was incredible and the service was outstanding. We can't wait to come back. Highly recommend.Special Features: