At The Rail
777 Delaware Park Blvd
Wilmington, DE 19804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
At The Rail
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whiteclaycreekgolfcourse.com/HTML/attherail.html
- Phone: 3029946700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Bar Open till 7:00pm with Bar Menu
Lunch: Monday - Tuesday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Bar Open till 7:00pm with Bar Menu
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday 4:30pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have a Piano in our restaurant for your listening pleasure, featuring Michael Hunter; Friday and Saturday from 6p-9p. During the Summer months, we offer entertainment on our award winning Veranda. We have a band every Thursday!
- Special Events: Join us for Happy Hour Monday - Friday including $5.00 Martinis and House Wine, $4.00 Rail drinks and Imported Beer, $3.00 Domestic Bottles, $2.00 off Draft Beers !!
A word from At The Rail
At the Rail Wine Bar & Grille offers a Contemporary American Cuisine, featuring Award winning Chipotle Clam Chowder, Signature Crab Cakes and a array of Creative menu items. Our award winning wine list highlights beautiful wines from around the globe. From novice to expert, we have the perfect wine for you. Come enjoy hand-crafted cocktails at our dramatic antique bar from 1904 or enjoy an award winning view from our Veranda deck, which overlooks our championship golf course. Unique to At the Rail are custom brass golf bag railings inside the and along the back of the restaurant. Remember, we’re not private, only our recipes are.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
At The Rail - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
At The Rail reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (10)good for groups (10)special occasion (10)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed the Delaware dines out menu! Food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- DELAWARE DINES OUTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent meal, very attentive wait staff. Will definitely go again, the regular menu was very tempting.Special Features:
- At the RailwilmdelDined on 9/26/2014My dining experience was mixed. The food was very good indeed, and while it would bring us back, the room itself was part bar and part dining room. Since this is a place where golfers come after their game, and people come for happy hour, etc. there was a lot of people traffic. It was very noisy with the people at the bar, with an excellent pianist playing in the background at the same time. Our service was excellent but we waited a long while before anyone noticed we didn't have a server. Once we had one assigned she was above and beyond wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Went for DDO. Disappointed that only had selection for entree. But my error, I didn't go online to see menu or we wouldn't have gone. The food we did eat was delicious. Only complaint was noise level was unacceptable. Had to yell to talk to my partner. A shame, since the food was very good but we won't be back.Special Features:
- outandabout830Dined on 9/20/2014I took my husband to "The Rail" restaurant for his 77th birthday. Our oldest son joined us and this was his first time at "The Rail". The food was excellent and our server was very accommodating and friendly. I had the 6 oz. Filet and my husband and son had the NY Strip Steak; everything came to our table as we ordered it and it was absolutely delicious. My husband and I had been to "The Rail" on several previous occasions and were delighted with everything. My husband said "This is the best NY Strip I have ever had in a restaurant." We all were very pleased with our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The RailMikeDined on 8/22/2014Everything about the dinner and service was fantastic!Special Features:
- Terrible experienceBillDined on 8/9/2014There is not much good I can say about our experience at the rail, bar was crowded with golfers watching TV, very loud. A small group of ladies were at a couple of tables, very loud. Food was below average, service minimal, wait staff overworked, will not return
- LimitedJenTVIPDined on 8/3/2014The selections in this brunch are very good, but a bit limited. In the warming trays, there were no eggs, nor pancakes or waffles - which you would normally find in a buffet. To get these you have to wait in a line for customized ordering of omelets and/or pasta with a good selection of adders, or small waffles. Love the concept of the small waffles, but it is a bit tiresome waiting - one poor guy to deliver custom omelets and/or pasta, waffles and slicing prime rib. Our waiter was pretty much non-existent. That was disappointing. Refills on our drinks, and even getting the check was very very slow.
- Top dollar pricing w/poor serviceNScophisticationDined on 8/3/2014Service was poor. We had to flag our server down if we were lucky enough to see her. The gentleman at the omelette station made us feel like we were interrupting his day and Surprisingly had an attitude. The food was great and the Atmosphere was nice...but beware several items in the brunch ran out and we were told they didn't have anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunitedDined on 7/11/2014Was kinda 'loud' -- Server did not come around to the table as often as I thought she should have; Ice cream was 'old/not fresh' & had to be sent backSpecial Features:
- Another very good mealGerryDined on 6/27/2014Had another very good meal on June 27th. Blackened grouper was fresh and arrived at the table hot. An add on skewer of filet was incredibly tender. Crab cakes were very good also. Cheese plate appetizer was fantastic, cheddar, blue, and brie, with grapes some toast thing, a homemeade mustard and some other stuff I can't recall. Shrimp coctail was good, although we prefer traditional cocktail sauce vs. their own version. Only downside was the ran out of Bacardi. No backup bottle. Generous wine pours made up for that. Creme Brule that was supposed to be Frangelica infused had no tase of Frangelica. $135 for two with drinks and desert.Special Features:
- viewlunchDined on 6/10/2014Was noisy this time as there was a large group dining but normally, very quiet and pleasant. Food is good and view is beautiful. Service always friendly. Place is always very clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 121 reviews are from the At The Rail reviews archive.
- Great lunchCeilDined on 5/26/2014I hesitated going to the Rail because I was worried that it too expensive for my budget. I was wrong. Our lunch was very reasonable and comparable to other restaurants I have frequented. Our lunches were delicious and the service was excellent. We sat and watched the golfers go by and just had a great time! I will go again, and again.Special Features:
- DelishAngelSVIPDined on 5/24/2014We have eaten here before and were happy to return! The food was great & the staff very accomodating!Special Features:
- DISSAPOINTEDCarmelinVIPDined on 5/15/2014Food was nothing special Except for the crab Cobb salad, fish tacos seemed like a good idea but taste was not! They could do so much better, the place is nice and different but it lacks a real chef
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This was a fantastic first experience. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchbeergeekDined on 5/11/2014A very pleasant setting with good food and service. The reservation was promptly and efficiently handled on a very busy day. All the staff were friendly . The live pianist is a very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something newKimmac420Dined on 4/26/2014We wanted to eat somewhere new and decided to try At The Rail. We weren't disappointed! A nice selection of various items on the menu made it difficult to make a decision. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Nice Easter BrunchKevinDined on 4/20/2014This is the first time I've been to At The Rail. We went for Easter Brunch. Overall, it was very good. It was a buffet holiday banquet-style occasion. They had a nice selection of great food, including live-prepared stations. The only problem we had was that we were next to a live musician, who was too loud, but he did turn down the when asked. The atmosphere and grounds were lovely for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchSparkyDined on 4/20/2014Seemed a little disorganized when we arrived, the Hostess seemed a little overwelmed. I also don't think putting the carving stations, etc. where it was, was a good idea. Don't know that I would do a holiday brunch again but do plan on trying their normal Sunday brunce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLytoVIPDined on 4/20/2014We go to the Rail often, but the server this time was exceptional. She went above and beyond to explain all the food items on the buffet as well as the items we could order from the kitchen. A few of our guests were significantly late but this did bother the server she was wonderful!Special Features:
- Excellent Food. Don't be in a HurryBNilesVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was excellent especially the French onion soup and the grouper. Our waitress was very nice and professional, but the service was very slow. This was the theme throughout the restaurant, so it may be planned that way. We were not in a hurry, so it was not a problem. We were there for about 2 hours for appetizers and dinner. We would go back, the dining room and bar were beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Waitress was respectful and attentive. We did not feel rushed and the atmosphere was perfect for comfortable conversation.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCENICKDined on 2/15/2014RAIL DINING WAS EXCELLENT ONCE AGAIN! GREAT FOOD, GREAT ATMOSPHERE !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine SuccessOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Very nice Valentines for my wife and I. The room was nicely lit, man playing the piano, and candles lit, with rose pedals on the tables. Our service would have been excellent however our server took way to long to introduce himself, and get our drink order. After that though, he was perfect. Our food was great, and they topped it off with a complimentary glass of champagne, and 2 chocolate covered strawberries, making our night very romantic.Special Features:
- Best kept secretGans12Dined on 2/14/2014Outstanding service.high class restaurant. Authentic tasty food. Little expensive entrees. Wide selection of wine and cocktails. Best natural chicken tenders i have ever tasted. Noticed a reduction in entree sizes lately. Complementary champagne and chocolate strawberry was a pleasant surprise for the valentine day dinner. Highly recommend for a upscale dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines Dinner!jcherry927Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went here for dinner on Valentine's Day and it was perfect! The food was outstanding, and the service was great. My husband had the crabcakes and I had surf and turf. Both were fantastic, but I would definitely recommend the crabcakes. We also got the apple banana donut dessert. It was seriously the BEST dessert I've ever had in my life! (And I'm a HUGE dessert person) I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great romantic dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my girlfriend hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here last year for valentines day and it was amazing but it was different this year. There was a loud crowd at the bar so loud in fact that at times it was hard to hear each other. My server was weeded and was as attentive as he could be but it definitely looked like the wait staff was short handed, last year the manager had time to check on us and even offer a joke or two but this time around he was also too busy. The music, from what i could hear, was good. The food was just as good as i remembered although i would have preferred to only use the Valentine's Day menu. Having so many options made ordering take longer and is probably a big reason as to why the restaurant seemed short handed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's SurpriseBobeatsDined on 2/14/2014We have had some bad experiences on Valentine's day in the past. Our experience at The Rail was a big surprise. Our meal was excellent and the table settings were proper. In the past we have experienced some crowded restaurants trying to jam people in on that special day. The Rail will hold a special place for us because they provided a warm and not money grabbing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't understand the rave reviewsLeSighDined on 1/11/2014My second time here and it was still bad. After unintentionally creating a tense atmosphere by pointing out to our waitress that we all recently celebrated New Year 2014 and not 2013 as advertised on the menu, we (I think) ended the night on an overall good note in regard to service. The food, however, was mediocre. I had the duck, which was served as a small, breast portion and was overcooked. I was also given sides that were not represented in the menu - I didn't know if that was because a mistake in the menu or the kitchen had run out of the proper side; regardless, I played it safe and just didn't ask. My mother was not satisfied with her meal and did not even finish it. The cheese plate is a great buy - the portions are HUGE.
- Satisfied AGAIN!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/5/2014ATR seems to never let us down. I frequently dine here wether it's lunch, dinner or brunch. My most recent visit was for brunch. For starters, service is always out of this world. As we enter the restaurant we are always warmly greeted by staff, and taken to our most favorite table. Although on Sundays it's a brunch buffet, we never feel neglected. Servers are on top of their game with topping off drinks, clearing our plates, and making our experience a memorable one.The buffet has endless options, there is something to satisfy everyone! From the endless options to the delectable made to order omlettes and pasta dishes, we will for sure and as always return to our favorite "hidden gem".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major comebackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2014Gave the Rail another chance from a Holiday Brunch to see how it was . Staff was so polite and did everything to make our time one to remember .Treated almost like we were friends and family . From the servers, bartender, piano player and kitchen staff preparing our fresh made omelettes to order , we will definitely return . Not to mention the view is amazing, even though the weather was a little down . My new go to place . Our holiday brunch was a little stressful, but what big holiday isn't . Can't wait to come back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013The food was delicious. The waiter was spot on. They get a 6 out of 5 from me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013Very expensive and the food felt like prepackaged items. Not worth the price. The dining room is in a banquet hall and feels like you're at a wedding. It was a bit strange to be honest. That said, the food wasn't bad and the service was fine.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013The food was excellent and the ambience was perfect for our special evening out. Our server could have been more attentive since the restaurant was practically empty. My dinner partner had to ask another server to let our server know he wanted more salad dressing but never received it so he did not finish that part of his meal. Other than that incident everything else was perfect. We will go again!Special Features:
- It was okay -- but not great60joysDined on 12/22/2013We had heard so many good things about this restaurant and were anxious to try it. So we booked for Christmas brunch! They do brunch every weekend...we figured they would know how to run it. We were wrong. The line for brunch was LONG and set up in an inefficient manner. There were 2 workers (and sometimes only 1 worker) manning the create your own waffle, omelette + carving stations. So of course, they couldn't keep up w/demand. I waited for 20 mins to get a slice of prime rib because there was no one there to help! This back up on the specialty stations crept over into the line for already prepared foods, making for a long wait there as well. The staff was working hard - there just weren't enough of them. Food was OK. Guest were restless.
- Food does not warrent thechickVIPDined on 12/19/2013Food does not warrent the prices here, it was holiday season so it was so loud you could not hear anything. Service is young and got slower as the evening went on.
- I was very disappointedLoriDined on 12/18/2013The service was very disappointing - unfriendly and it seems like we were a bother to our server. We were 3 people, in a corner of a very noisy room, clearly not the upscale dinner place that I was expecting. We felt neglected and could hardly talk to one another. The food was mediocre and certainly not compensating for the poor service.Special Features:
- anniversaryDawnshaDined on 11/23/2013Made reservations thru open table and indicated it was a special wedding anniversary. All of the staff, including our outstanding server Amanda treated us like royalty. Our food was perfect, the atmosphere was perfect.. wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it herekimsrhodsDined on 11/23/2013The food is always excellent, wait staff always friendly & accommodating. Highly recommend. The only small drawback is when they are really crowded and the piano player is playing it gets a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.