408 C East 43rd Street
Austin, TX 78751Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.astiaustin.com/
- Phone: 5124511218x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00-ish, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30ish
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 36 in a semi-private room.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Fox 5124511218x
- Special Events: Join us for New Years Eve! As always, we will be offering a festive prix fixe menu and our regular menu will not be available.
A word from ASTI Trattoria
Asti Trattoria features excellent regional Italian food with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients. Located in Austin's historic Hyde Park, it offers a unique neighborhood experience in the true spirit of an Italian trattoria. Whether celebrating a special occasion with a great bottle of wine and a five course dinner or coming in for a pizza and a beer, Asti offers an unmatched combination of quality, affordability, and an atmosphere that welcomes any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
ASTI Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
ASTI Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (65)special occasion (46)romantic (43)notable wine list (37)great for lunch (26)good for groups (16)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Slightly better than goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Decent yet overly priced food. Fair fried calamari, yummy shrimp, decent sauces. Not sure why the bread is served cold. Overall slightly better than good until the check comes.
- Always the Best!TerryDined on 9/11/2014We had a business meeting at ASTI, and it's a great spot for business lunches as it does not get noisy, the staff is always very nice and accommodating and the food is always great!! Super selections for lunch and very well priced. We, also, enjoy the restaurant for dinners...either just the two of us or with groups as it's always consistently delicious. Inventive menus items change frequently so it's always something exciting to try. The restaurant has a nice energy at night yet it's still quiet enough, even when full, that you can hear everyone at your table without screaming. We always have superb food, amazing and friendly service and a great time at Asti!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best!FirsttimerDined on 9/6/2014My experience was hands down, the best! I went here for my first date with someone I was really trying to impress. The food was great, the people were great, and the price was reasonable. The owner was present the day I was there and he is such a nice fellow! I recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Hyde park.bryang949Dined on 9/4/2014Love Asti. I go as much as I can. It's so nice having a good restaurant close to home. The option of ordering every side dish is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar mealBabsDined on 8/29/2014Asti never disappoints! Our meal was delicious as it is every time we go there. The owner, Emmitt, send a beautiful and delightful panna cotta to our table for us to try. When seeking a comfortable place to dine with delicious food and terrific waitstaff, this is our go-to choice every time.Special Features:
- Great local hot spot!LoveDined on 8/29/2014Make a reservation and enjoy a wonderful meal at this great little place in Hyde Park. My husband and I were looking for a place to have dinner with his mother and our college daughter on a Friday night. We were able to make a 6:30 reservation ( 7:30 was also available) On that same day. The place was full when we arrived but our table was waiting for us. Our waiter was pleasant and fun and very efficient and my salmon was delicious! It has a respectable wine list and were given a small bite of smoked salmon appetizer as soon as we sat down. We were pleasantly full so we skipped dessert but it was a very enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatGjgjDined on 8/23/2014We've been coming here for a,long time. Their pasta is best in town, other entrees shine. Pizza is crispy filled with interesting toppings. Desserts is always a highlight. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSusieDined on 8/23/2014Found a listing in a travel book and decided to give Asti Trattoria a try. Took my daughter and my teenage grandsons. We made a reservation via Open Table for 7:15 on a Saturday night. We arrived to a warm welcome and a lovely table. Service was good and food was absolutely delicious. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice end of summer dinnerwallstreet10Dined on 8/23/2014Very enjoyable dinner with great service and food!! Very nice selection of dinner items and a nice wine list...Dessert was also very good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightfirstdatenightDined on 8/22/2014It was way too loud, tables too close together. Wine a bit overpriced and portions small. Sorry.Special Features:
- New cook Friday night? returneereturneeDined on 8/22/2014Frequent patron..however tonight chicken entrees were both Uber cooked very pink, pork one piece u neat able under cooked service recovery fine but unusable dining experience for ASTI....new cook? Disappointed but will try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014It was lovely to return to Asti! The food was exceptional and out waiter was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014We tried the roasted beet on pumkin pesto and a corn fritter with crab meat on top with served with thinly sliced Serrano peppers and a lemon aioli. Both starters were excellent!! I highly recommend either, or both ;-) I had a crab stuffed ravioli (one side of each ravioli was regular pasta, the other was said ink) as my entree. It was delightful. My wife had a eggplant, prosciutto, arugula, roasted onion pizza as entrees. Her pizza was very flavorful. She has a strong preference for thin crusted pizza. Hers was medium-thick. We had a nice reserve chianti with dinner and finished with the nightly special dessert- a small roasted coconut cake with a blueberry balsamic reduction sauce, served with a corn and bourbon gelato...oh my!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightLauraMDined on 8/9/2014We have been coming to Asti for a long time. We were pleased to find that on this visit, the service and atmosphere was just as wonderful as ever. My husband ordered a pizza, the first we have had there, and it was just fabulous. I would definitely recommend it. The ravioli dish with crab which I got was very well prepared, although not as much to my liking as it was more lemony than I expected (not my favorite flavor!). But, it was hot and nicely done, probably just not my best choice for the evening. The waitress recommended a wine that was just right, and the service was impeccable. Oh, and, the complimentary bread is just divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Austin gemveggieguysDined on 8/6/2014We have eaten here several times and it is always excellent food. The menu is interesting and very good for some of us, who are vegetarians! Our waiter was insightful, knowledgeable, just friendly enough without being intrusive. In other words great. We will definitely be back. We our fortunate this restaurant is in Austin.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening with friendsLostAtSea57Dined on 8/2/2014The four of each had a different and wonderfully prepared meal. The owner, also one of the cooks, made several trips by to make sure everything was to our satisfaction (he delivered the salads and such himself). Wine recommendations with the different courses matched perfectly. This has now become one of our top restaurants to visit. Relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- wallstreet10Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I have been trying Austin restaurants not in our neighborhood........ASTI was told to us by our daughter and we were very happy with our dinner experience......Good food, good service and an overall enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Delicious food! Great spot in Hyde park. However the seating is quite cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North End Dinning!ChrisjkopDined on 7/26/2014We had one night in Boston and decided to go for Italian in the North End. Great staff and food.Special Features:
- Waiter must be having a bad dayFoodFriendDined on 7/25/2014Was my wife's birthday, group of 6 was in a great mood, waiter was not very friendly, I'm not saying the service was terrible, but the attitude and lack of a good attitude from the waiter was a turn-off. It wouldn't keep us from returning, just hope the wait staff is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findSanFranVisitorVIPDined on 7/21/2014We shared the calamari small plate (not small at all!) and the bucatini, and both were delicious! The atmosphere is casual, but if you want a fancier feel, try to sit towards the wine bottles in the back of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerATXLTDined on 7/18/2014Went with a party of 8 for my birthday. The table ordered tons of appetizers and all were delicious, including the stuffed mushrooms, calamari, and mussels. Entrees were outstanding as well -everything from pizza to linguine and clams. All the desserts were great. I had the dark chocolate cannoli with chocolate mousse and tried the beignets and tiramisu. Service was also attentive, professional, and friendly. Really we all had a fantastic time and I'm looking forward to coming back soon.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood dining!LonghornmdDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful experience. Delicious food and excellent, attentive service. Great views of kitchen. The owner was attentive to everything going on this restaurant! I will look forward to my next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerShmeachDined on 7/5/2014We went for my birthday and enjoyed all of our food. The lump crab corn fritter appetizer was our favorite! It was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ASTIJimR616Dined on 7/2/2014A friend and I went for a long lunch and conversation ASTI is perfect for both. The server was quite helpful with wine selections and let us take our time as we talked. The food was outstanding, and the noise lever was perfect for a pleasant conversation. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & not too loud!FoodNerdDined on 6/28/2014We hadn't been to Asti in about a year. After a great dining experience, we're wondering why. Asti will definitely be back in our rotation! Cold soup was different & delicious, Chicken Saltimbocca was good, though the chicken broth sauce was a tad on the salty side. Clams w/ linguini & mixed seafood (clams, shrimp & something else) over risotto was good to the last bite - dining companions were very pleased with both dishes. Wine from Montepulciano was note-worthy. Service was attentive without being obnoxious. They accomodated us by seating us in the corner, where it is quieter, which we greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014I forget how small and intimate this seems. The wait staff is great, particularly a woman whose name I did not catch. Enthusiastic, friendly, not intrusive. Food: this is why we were there! Arancini (sp?), the street food of southern Italy brought to a level of art. Trout, perfectly grilled, with potatoes that-- well, I don't know how they prepared them, but I would take a plate of only the potatoes, and be quite happy. Crab ravioli was delicious and did not scrimp on the named ingredient. Finally, save room for dessert. Best espresso I've had in a long time. And chocolate cannoli... Take the cannoli, you know the rest!Special Features:
- Great food for the priceBillyontheBassDined on 6/20/2014I have dined at ASTI twice, on special occasions with my wife. The first one was a very memorable experience, and we had to go back. The food was outstanding, our waiter was very helpful, talkative and friendly. The prices are a little high (for us personally), but you get what you pay for and you taste that with the first bite. It is worth the price for me, so I will always keep this place in mind for special date nights. Great appetizers, great desserts, and great entrees.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceRandyDined on 6/14/2014Arrived on time and table was ready. Waiter was backed up and said it would be a while to take drink orders. Food order was taken late even though we said we wanted to order when we received our drinks. The food order got mixed up with someone else's but they did make it right. It took a lot longer than we expected due to the wait and the mistakes in the kitchen or by the server.Special Features:
- Delicious find!CorcalDined on 6/13/2014I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. I got the sweet corn risotto with grilled shrimp and it was delicious! We were looking for a unique Italian place in Austin and we definitely found one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service!NationalBellsDined on 6/12/2014We waited 10 min to be greeted, another 5 to get water and bread. Finally ordered. Food was lackluster. Asked to do a birthday dessert and they completely forgot.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodunhappyfoodieDined on 6/6/2014The food was such a disappointment! We have loved Asti for sometime but on our last visit we changed our opinion of the place and will probably never go back. The food was boring and lacked creativity. My chicken was dry and tasteless and my husbands dish tasted like an expensive cafeteria special. On previous visits, this restaurant used fresh produce from local growers and the entrees were as delicious as food I've had in Italy or France. What happened to this restaurant! The wait staff was great and very pleasant but that didnt make up for the boring food.
- PerfectAustiniteDined on 6/4/2014Just what we wanted on a week night. Excellent Italian food, no hassle, easy parking, great service, charming environment. Plus, their support of local farms and sustainable food is just one extra reason to love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014First time having dinner at Asti - the food was incredible and our waiter took great care of us.Special Features:
- ML77ML77Dined on 5/31/2014Consistently superb food in a smartly casual setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shut the place down.CleanMyPlateDined on 5/30/2014What a lovely way to spend a Friday evening! Our waiter was delightful...fun but not too in the way. Food was super fresh and served hot. And. Oh. So. Good!! If we lived in Austin, we'd be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 642 reviews are from the ASTI Trattoria reviews archive.
- Girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014This seemed close to downtown but it was not so my warning would be that it was very difficult to get a late night cab, we waited over an hour and ended up taking the bus back downtown to our hotel. The hostess was great keeping us up to date on cab status during that time even though they were closed. The cheese platter had some great cheeses, wines were very reasonable. I had the risotto which was tasty and a new twist having a farm fresh egg on top. The table enjoyed the beignets, goat cheese gelato was not good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedJeremyDined on 5/15/2014Sadly, this came down to simple disappointment. This is billed by many as the top Italian restaurant in Austin. The food was mostly underwhelming. The antipasti had some tasty salami, but was mostly forgettable. We ordered two pastas -- Lingquini and clams and Amattriciana. The clam sauce was good but more of a broth that didn't have much of that rich clam taste you want. The Amattriciana was a soupy, chunky mess. It tasted too sweet and big chunks of carrots seemed out-of-place in what should be a simple sauce. Also, service was spotty. Our order was messed up in the kitchen, which looked confused the entire time we were there. The staff hardly mentioned the mistake but did give us a discount on the bill.Special Features:
- Love this place.bryang949Dined on 5/10/2014I live in Hyde Park and take all my guest to Asti. Great food with a perfect staff.Special Features:
- great food, great localecrazyKathyDined on 5/10/2014excellent food, beautify presentation, love the Hyde Park location, convenient to campus and not far from downtownSpecial Features: