408 C East 43rd Street
Austin, TX 78751Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.astiaustin.com/
- Phone: (512) 451-1218
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00-ish, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30ish
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 36 in a semi-private room.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Fox 5124511218x
- Special Events: Join us for New Years Eve! As always, we will be offering a festive prix fixe menu and our regular menu will not be available.
A word from ASTI Trattoria
Asti Trattoria features excellent regional Italian food with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients. Located in Austin's historic Hyde Park, it offers a unique neighborhood experience in the true spirit of an Italian trattoria. Whether celebrating a special occasion with a great bottle of wine and a five course dinner or coming in for a pizza and a beer, Asti offers an unmatched combination of quality, affordability, and an atmosphere that welcomes any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
ASTI Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
ASTI Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)fit for foodies (61)special occasion (42)romantic (38)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (22)good for groups (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always a good timeVlySummitVIPDined on 11/18/2014Asti isn't in our neighborhood but when we go there for lunch or dinner, we feel as though it is. The food is very good, excellent ingredients, friendly service, an attractive decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just looking for spaghettiNeedingCultureDined on 11/15/2014Super cool neighborhood restaraunt. Very cozy with low lighting and tons of couples. Great atmosphere. Not at all touristy. Looked to be where the locals go kind of place. We were just starving looking for cookie cutter Italian comfort food and not so much the off the beaten track, kind of selections. Menu very small and completely unfamiliar. Waitress was super attentive and helpful. I chose a seafood dish. Shrimp (3) were AMAZING but the pasta itself was rather tasteless and small. Daughters selections were unremarkable as well. Maybe we just didn't select the right thing?Special Features:
- Birthday Dinnersoon2BrepeatoffenderDined on 11/10/2014We chose Asti for my wife's birthday and I am very glad we did. I haven't eaten there in a very long time and remembered that it was good. We were not disappointed. It was actually much better than I remembered. Could not ask for better service. Although it is difficult to find a restaurant that is quiet, Asti's atmosphere was pleasant and we could talk without screaming at each other over noisy busboys or loud large parties. We will be going back more often now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinner for allClydeDined on 11/1/2014Asti is one of my favorite Austin restaurants. The kitchen consistently delivers creative, tasty meals that are satisfying and not overwhelming. All our guests from out of town were impressed and the staff maintained their wonderful demeanor despite the full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014The food was good, but not great. We sent back a vegetable sine dish that was EXTREMELY salty. We were told others had complained too, so perhaps it was an exception rather than a normal occurance. The staff were eager to fix the problem and quite acomidating to our request.Special Features:
- AstiOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/28/2014This has become one of our Austin favorites--reliably delicious and nice for special celebrations or pre-concert dinners. The warm atmosphere and friendly servers make it very comfortable--I'm always happy to go back.Special Features:
- Great food, great staff!CyclonesalDined on 10/23/2014Welcoming staff, attentive waiter,great capellini, wine, and desserts! Reasonable prices! This cosy little place made even us 60 year olds feel hip! One of our new favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite35yearsDined on 10/17/2014I take people here often. I like the limited but varied menu. It is close to where I live (long walk, short drive). Good service. I would not call it quiet, but it is less noisy than most places, and that is key for me.Special Features:
- ItalyFan2Dined on 10/10/2014Third time at Asti, and still a big fan. Love the neighborhood vibe. Food delish. Never disappoints. I always look forward to an evening at Asti. My husband loved the duck.Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousaustinfunkyDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I went to ASTI for dinner on our wedding anniversary. The food was wonderful - delicious, well timed and beautifully presented. They have a great list of Italian wines and exceptional service. We had an appetizer of beets with pumpkin seed pesto, entrees of saffron risotto, a side of dish of spinach. Desserts were beignets with vanilla ice cream and espresso, and prickly pear sorbet.Special Features:
- Goog job, Asti!EchevyDined on 10/3/2014Asti is and has always been a great place to dine. Its menu changes often and offers interesting variation on favorite foods. Service is always excellent.Special Features:
- over priceddisappointedDined on 9/26/2014we were shocked at the prices and service we received for the pricesSpecial Features:
- Fun evening at AstiAcskaterDined on 9/19/2014Popular spot in Hyde Park area of Austin. High energy Italian restaurant in casual setting. Pizza was great and friend had salmon. Large portions and very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly better than goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Decent yet overly priced food. Fair fried calamari, yummy shrimp, decent sauces. Not sure why the bread is served cold. Overall slightly better than good until the check comes.
- Always the Best!TerryDined on 9/11/2014We had a business meeting at ASTI, and it's a great spot for business lunches as it does not get noisy, the staff is always very nice and accommodating and the food is always great!! Super selections for lunch and very well priced. We, also, enjoy the restaurant for dinners...either just the two of us or with groups as it's always consistently delicious. Inventive menus items change frequently so it's always something exciting to try. The restaurant has a nice energy at night yet it's still quiet enough, even when full, that you can hear everyone at your table without screaming. We always have superb food, amazing and friendly service and a great time at Asti!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best!FirsttimerDined on 9/6/2014My experience was hands down, the best! I went here for my first date with someone I was really trying to impress. The food was great, the people were great, and the price was reasonable. The owner was present the day I was there and he is such a nice fellow! I recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Hyde park.bryang949Dined on 9/4/2014Love Asti. I go as much as I can. It's so nice having a good restaurant close to home. The option of ordering every side dish is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar mealBabsDined on 8/29/2014Asti never disappoints! Our meal was delicious as it is every time we go there. The owner, Emmitt, send a beautiful and delightful panna cotta to our table for us to try. When seeking a comfortable place to dine with delicious food and terrific waitstaff, this is our go-to choice every time.Special Features:
- Great local hot spot!LoveDined on 8/29/2014Make a reservation and enjoy a wonderful meal at this great little place in Hyde Park. My husband and I were looking for a place to have dinner with his mother and our college daughter on a Friday night. We were able to make a 6:30 reservation ( 7:30 was also available) On that same day. The place was full when we arrived but our table was waiting for us. Our waiter was pleasant and fun and very efficient and my salmon was delicious! It has a respectable wine list and were given a small bite of smoked salmon appetizer as soon as we sat down. We were pleasantly full so we skipped dessert but it was a very enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatGjgjDined on 8/23/2014We've been coming here for a,long time. Their pasta is best in town, other entrees shine. Pizza is crispy filled with interesting toppings. Desserts is always a highlight. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSusieDined on 8/23/2014Found a listing in a travel book and decided to give Asti Trattoria a try. Took my daughter and my teenage grandsons. We made a reservation via Open Table for 7:15 on a Saturday night. We arrived to a warm welcome and a lovely table. Service was good and food was absolutely delicious. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice end of summer dinnerwallstreet10Dined on 8/23/2014Very enjoyable dinner with great service and food!! Very nice selection of dinner items and a nice wine list...Dessert was also very good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightfirstdatenightDined on 8/22/2014It was way too loud, tables too close together. Wine a bit overpriced and portions small. Sorry.Special Features:
- New cook Friday night? returneereturneeDined on 8/22/2014Frequent patron..however tonight chicken entrees were both Uber cooked very pink, pork one piece u neat able under cooked service recovery fine but unusable dining experience for ASTI....new cook? Disappointed but will try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014It was lovely to return to Asti! The food was exceptional and out waiter was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014We tried the roasted beet on pumkin pesto and a corn fritter with crab meat on top with served with thinly sliced Serrano peppers and a lemon aioli. Both starters were excellent!! I highly recommend either, or both ;-) I had a crab stuffed ravioli (one side of each ravioli was regular pasta, the other was said ink) as my entree. It was delightful. My wife had a eggplant, prosciutto, arugula, roasted onion pizza as entrees. Her pizza was very flavorful. She has a strong preference for thin crusted pizza. Hers was medium-thick. We had a nice reserve chianti with dinner and finished with the nightly special dessert- a small roasted coconut cake with a blueberry balsamic reduction sauce, served with a corn and bourbon gelato...oh my!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightLauraMDined on 8/9/2014We have been coming to Asti for a long time. We were pleased to find that on this visit, the service and atmosphere was just as wonderful as ever. My husband ordered a pizza, the first we have had there, and it was just fabulous. I would definitely recommend it. The ravioli dish with crab which I got was very well prepared, although not as much to my liking as it was more lemony than I expected (not my favorite flavor!). But, it was hot and nicely done, probably just not my best choice for the evening. The waitress recommended a wine that was just right, and the service was impeccable. Oh, and, the complimentary bread is just divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Austin gemveggieguysDined on 8/6/2014We have eaten here several times and it is always excellent food. The menu is interesting and very good for some of us, who are vegetarians! Our waiter was insightful, knowledgeable, just friendly enough without being intrusive. In other words great. We will definitely be back. We our fortunate this restaurant is in Austin.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening with friendsLostAtSea57Dined on 8/2/2014The four of each had a different and wonderfully prepared meal. The owner, also one of the cooks, made several trips by to make sure everything was to our satisfaction (he delivered the salads and such himself). Wine recommendations with the different courses matched perfectly. This has now become one of our top restaurants to visit. Relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- wallstreet10Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I have been trying Austin restaurants not in our neighborhood........ASTI was told to us by our daughter and we were very happy with our dinner experience......Good food, good service and an overall enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Delicious food! Great spot in Hyde park. However the seating is quite cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North End Dinning!ChrisjkopDined on 7/26/2014We had one night in Boston and decided to go for Italian in the North End. Great staff and food.Special Features:
- The following 659 reviews are from the ASTI Trattoria reviews archive.
- Waiter must be having a bad dayFoodFriendDined on 7/25/2014Was my wife's birthday, group of 6 was in a great mood, waiter was not very friendly, I'm not saying the service was terrible, but the attitude and lack of a good attitude from the waiter was a turn-off. It wouldn't keep us from returning, just hope the wait staff is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findSanFranVisitorVIPDined on 7/21/2014We shared the calamari small plate (not small at all!) and the bucatini, and both were delicious! The atmosphere is casual, but if you want a fancier feel, try to sit towards the wine bottles in the back of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerATXLTDined on 7/18/2014Went with a party of 8 for my birthday. The table ordered tons of appetizers and all were delicious, including the stuffed mushrooms, calamari, and mussels. Entrees were outstanding as well -everything from pizza to linguine and clams. All the desserts were great. I had the dark chocolate cannoli with chocolate mousse and tried the beignets and tiramisu. Service was also attentive, professional, and friendly. Really we all had a fantastic time and I'm looking forward to coming back soon.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood dining!LonghornmdDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful experience. Delicious food and excellent, attentive service. Great views of kitchen. The owner was attentive to everything going on this restaurant! I will look forward to my next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerShmeachDined on 7/5/2014We went for my birthday and enjoyed all of our food. The lump crab corn fritter appetizer was our favorite! It was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ASTIJimR616Dined on 7/2/2014A friend and I went for a long lunch and conversation ASTI is perfect for both. The server was quite helpful with wine selections and let us take our time as we talked. The food was outstanding, and the noise lever was perfect for a pleasant conversation. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & not too loud!FoodNerdDined on 6/28/2014We hadn't been to Asti in about a year. After a great dining experience, we're wondering why. Asti will definitely be back in our rotation! Cold soup was different & delicious, Chicken Saltimbocca was good, though the chicken broth sauce was a tad on the salty side. Clams w/ linguini & mixed seafood (clams, shrimp & something else) over risotto was good to the last bite - dining companions were very pleased with both dishes. Wine from Montepulciano was note-worthy. Service was attentive without being obnoxious. They accomodated us by seating us in the corner, where it is quieter, which we greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014I forget how small and intimate this seems. The wait staff is great, particularly a woman whose name I did not catch. Enthusiastic, friendly, not intrusive. Food: this is why we were there! Arancini (sp?), the street food of southern Italy brought to a level of art. Trout, perfectly grilled, with potatoes that-- well, I don't know how they prepared them, but I would take a plate of only the potatoes, and be quite happy. Crab ravioli was delicious and did not scrimp on the named ingredient. Finally, save room for dessert. Best espresso I've had in a long time. And chocolate cannoli... Take the cannoli, you know the rest!Special Features: