728 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.astisandiego.com/
- Phone: (619) 232-8844
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Happy Hour: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu - Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private dining available for small and large groups. Please call 619.306-4465 for details.
- Private Party Contact: Marcela Davies 619-306-4465x
- Special Events: Groups and large parties have enjoyed Asti's accommodations for over 19 years. You will find that Asti's staff will take care of your group and special event from prior arrangements, throughout the dinner/event to following up.
A word from Asti Ristorante
Asti, located in the heart of San Diego's Historic Gaslamp Quarter, has been providing guests with an exquisite fine-dining experience since 1994. Watch the passersby as you dine out on the patio for a pleasant shaded lunch or while indulging in a candlelight dinner. Come on inside to experience the warm, elegant ambiance of the dining room. For the convenience of our guests, Asti can also arrange transportation to and from the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Asti Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Asti Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (15)romantic (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- San Diego in the Heart of the CityevamarieVIPDined on 9/24/2013While visiting San Diego a friend of mine insisted that we eat at Asti since it was the best seafood dish she had. The seafood dish was delicious. We sat down at the right time because the server only had to left of those special dishes. The server was kind and brought us extra pesto sauce - it was so good we wanted more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One more beautiful evening at Asti!GeorgeTDined on 8/31/2013Asti is our #1 favorite restaurant in San Diego. Especially love being able to dine outside on the street side patio. The waiters, staff and management are outstanding across the board...many of them remember you even after a year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food are alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2013The service and food are always top notch at Asti. This restaurant is one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great foodEdmundVIPDined on 7/27/2013The lamb shank was incredible and the risotto was quite flavorful. My wife had the seafood risotto and it was equally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerJoanDined on 7/19/2013We had a very enjoyable dinner at Asti's on Friday night. Comic-con was going on so the Gaslamp district was extremely crowded. Our waiter was very helpful in recommending several dishes which were great. My husband had the seabass and I had a prawn and scallop dish which was excellent. All in all it was a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- ItalianIndulgeandDineVIPDined on 7/5/2013We had a gift card to Asti that had been sitting around for at least a year (probably more). I decided to give it a try just in case the restaurant shut down, that seems to be the thing in San Diego. Asti is very small and quaint. The food & service were both very good. We went for dinner and one of the waiters was rather loud because the place is so small it tends to feel as if you're having a conversation with the entire restaurant. Overall it's a good place for pasta, very touristy due to location.Special Features:
- Great food Reminded me ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013Great food Reminded me of a New York restaurant Great service tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It will doSantaDined on 6/18/2013Got pulled in off the street by the hosteses, sat right out front with my wife and 3 kids. I have to say I thought the waiter was a little put off by having to serve a family. A lot of eye rolling and did not make us feel welcome. Extensive menu, food was good but when you are used to eating in the North End in Boston this Italian food fell short of what I would call very good italian. With all the other options on 5th Ave, dont know that I would go back. I had the Gorganzola Gnocci which was very good and my wife had the shrimp scampi which was lacking in flavor. Both healthy portions. Kids ordered pasta as kids do... and apparently that was beneath our watier.Special Features:
- Tourist TrapOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/4/2013Way overpriced, low quality food. Even the Chicken Parm ($28) was awful - soggy chicken, bad sauce, over-cooked vegetables
- Intimate restaurant, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2013Loved Asti....highly recommend sitting at one of the outside tables. The caprese appetizer with proscuitto is a must, and the creme brulee dessert was fantastic as well. It was hard to decide what to order as the menu was very extensive and had plenty of options for everyone. Service was attentive but not to the point of being intrusive. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSunshine1994Dined on 5/16/2013This is a fantastic restaurant! I went here on a recommendation from the hotel staff for my 40th birthday dinner. Excellent food & wine, along with very friendly staff. I went with a girlfriend and we sat in the outside area, which is great for people watching & random conversations with people. I would highly recommend! PS - the restaurant never actually got my reservation from Open Table but set a table for us in less than a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mix upOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2013Our order did not come as ordered and was returned and fixed. The meat by then was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian Ristorante !OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2013Great menu, food and service. They've been here 20 years for a reason. A great gem in the Gaslamp. HIGHLY recommend for italian foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGRIZZLYVIPDined on 5/12/2013Just a great place for serious Italian food...wait staff is perfect and the place feels like you. Are in Europe,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tI Thought The Fresh FishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013tI Thought The Fresh Fish Was Horrible Nothing Fancy.Grouper Was Dried Out But The Chilean Sea Bass And Branizzno Was good
- Ate here for lunch, food wasWhateverVIPDined on 4/14/2013Ate here for lunch, food was excellent as was everything else. In the heart of the gaslight so can get quite crowded in the evenings. Still worth the venture.Special Features:
- Great for large parties!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013We came here for dinner for a group of 14 people. From booking through open table to paying the bill, it was a flawless experience. Extremely easy to book through open table, which was a huge relief for a large party. The service was great. The food was spectacular. Everyone was pleased with their dishes. I had the lobster fettuccine special and there was so much seafood! I would definitely recommend this place for a large group. Asti knows how to take care of you!Special Features:
- Delicious Italian restaurantAlainVIPDined on 4/5/2013Delicious Italian restaurant and very nice, professional staff. Keep some space for the dessert: they all looked excellent!
- Top Shelf Rating by Tough NYC CritiNationalPharma26Dined on 4/4/2013I have frequently on business trips to SanDiego entertained my clients and friends here with nothing but stella results. Not only do I return, but my clients and friends have made this a must have in San Diego. Look I am from NYC and I am a tough cookie to impress and this spot is in my top ten. Also you must ask for Tony although I have had others at our service who have done a teriffic job at making sure our dinner experience is top shelf Burt Z CEO Onco360Special Features:
- Good spot for Italian in SanTeeBusterVIPDined on 4/4/2013Good spot for Italian in San Diego Gaslamp DistrictSpecial Features:
- Meh...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2013Had a business dinner here for a group of 8. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating and the ambience was good. Unfortunately, the food fell really short and 7 of the 8 of us were disappointed. The lobster was very tough and the fish bland. We would have been better to stick with pasta or steak. Our one diner who was happy with the food ordered steak and cleaned his plate.Special Features:
- The best lasagna I've everOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2013The best lasagna I've ever had. Was sorry we waited until the last day of our stay to go there.Special Features:
- A memorable evening! OurMaryLVIPDined on 3/21/2013A memorable evening! Our reservation was honored promptly, and we were given a lovely table by the window. Service was very professional--attentive without being intrusive. The food was great! Salads were fresh and beautifully presented, soups hearty and hot. The salmon, sea bass and lobster were perfectly cooked, as was the veal chop. Would recommend highly!
- The food was very good, thePeterVIPDined on 3/19/2013The food was very good, the service was mixed, the waiter was good, but his helper gave dishes to the wrong party and brought the wrong dessert to the table. The Carbanera was excellent. The salads were likewise excellent and the minestroni soup one of the better ones served in an Italian restaurant. There is a "special" menu featuring unique dishes such as Branzino. But, there are no prices and the waiter didn't tell the pricing, so ordering the Branzino and getting the bill for $50 made it one of the most expensive around and though good, overpriced. This is a restaurant worth going back to, but make sure to ask on unpriced items and that the waiter understands who is ordering what. Yes, it is a place to recommend.Special Features:
- Asti like we love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013We visit the ASTI on every visit to the gas light district. The food is outstanding and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- The service was good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/13/2013The service was good. The food for the price was adequate at best.Special Features:
- Good food & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/13/2013Loved the outdoor seating. The food was good and the menu had plenty of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude and inadequate serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I made a reservation for 8pm. Got to Asti a little late because there is no parking near the restaurant. The host staff was very rude and acted like it inconvenienced them I had a reservation. I finally get sat and the waiter doesn't greet me, ask what I want I drink and when I stated water wan not happy at all. I don't drink when I have to drive and didn't see that get had soda. I order my meal (ravioli de mama) and he tries to talk me out of it because its a smaller meal. Told him it would be fine and still he tried to get me to change my mind. I don't. I get the food and it was good and a nice portion for a normal appetite. But not with the money I paid for it. As a visitor to the city, I was not pleased nor impressed.
- Great food, atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/1/2013Great food, atmosphere and hostess. Couldn't get a waiter to come over to our table (3 were standing around). He was very mediocre once he came over. Food was excellent and we loved the place. Our party of 8 had a wonderful time! (Oh: they don't print prices of their specials, which is very annoying)Special Features:
- Overall OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/19/2013Really can't go wrong with this restaurant. Great food, service,and vibrant atmosphere but not too loud. Our server, Tony, was fantastic as he handled our party of 16 with ease and we were all happy. This is a nice dining experience in the heart of the Gas Lamp District. It's not a place to go if you're in a hurry - this is fine dining at it's best.Special Features:
- Delicious food. Loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013Delicious food. Loved the veal with lemon and the pear salad.bustling. intimate.a great choice for tasting the flavornof San Diego.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home about....MostOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/10/2013Nothing to write home about....Most liked their entrees but it was spotty.Special Features:
- I luv this place and its menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2013I luv this place and its menu and service. I don't know what happened with my wife's side dish of pasta, but it totally dampened her dining experience. We both sampled her spaghetti w marinara sauce and it didn't have any taste. Upon asking for an additional order of bolognaise (sp?) sauce, which took forever to get, it made the pasta taste a tad better. Then we got charged for the xtra sauce. Wow! Granted, because of our grievance, they did cut her veal marsala dish cost in half, but not the point. I believe they were offering a free dessert, too. Nice eve, but odd. The staff was uber apologetic and helpful. We don't complain, but we are foodies. If I'm dropping $100+ on a meal, it should be memorable. My wife left disappointed. :(Special Features:
- Overall it was a very pleasantkbgonzalezVIPDined on 1/16/2013Overall it was a very pleasant evening. Five of us were crowded at a table for four but that was okay. The main challenge was an apparent lack of communication with our waiter. I ordered one steak item but was given the other more expensive item, but since they were close in preparation I didn't notice I got the wrong item until I got the bill and was charged an additional $7. And we were charged for bottled water that we never ordered. But the food was amazing and the vibe was fun and once we got the bill settled, all was good.Special Features:
- Skip itEllieVIPDined on 1/13/2013The waiter had. Huge attitude and the quality of food and he prep is grade c
- This is a basic tourist restaurantLocal3FANVIPDined on 1/6/2013This is a basic tourist restaurant as are most of the restaurants on 5th Ave. If you want good Italian food in the Gaslamp (where I live) go to Salvatore's or Bice. if you want to pay less walk to little Italy. The food at Asti was not terrible but very mediocre.
- I attended on NYE, so theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I attended on NYE, so the place was loud. Staff was friendly and accommodated my request to move to another table. The service was very good, but sometimes it took a bit to get items due to the large amount of people in the restaurant at times. I would love to attend on a non holiday evening. Would recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Great ItalianetkgdkVIPDined on 12/15/2012This was our first time at the restaruant and we were enjoyed it. The service was good, the food was very good and the decor is comfortable italian. We had the Fettucini, with seafood and the Scallopini, very italian and tasty. We will return again.Special Features:
- Food was great ! Silvio isSamsmomVIPDined on 12/13/2012Food was great ! Silvio is an excellent server ! The noise was moderate beacuse we sat outside, inside is much more quite.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012Great food and great service. Very busy place. Only downfall is that they cancelled our reservation! Stated that opentable had sent them a cancellation *which I find hard to believe since opentable had sent me a confirmation the day prior* and said they tried to call me *using the wrong cell number- open table has my correct cell number*. Thankfully they were able to get my party of 9 seated in about 10 minutes. But while we were waiting the exact same thing happened to a party of two that were turned away to their sister restaurant. I find this very suspicious. Confirm your reservation!Special Features: