728 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.astisandiego.com/
- Phone: (619) 232-8844
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Happy Hour: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu - Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private dining available for small and large groups. Please call 619.306-4465 for details.
- Private Party Contact: Marcela Davies 619-306-4465x
- Special Events: Groups and large parties have enjoyed Asti's accommodations for over 19 years. You will find that Asti's staff will take care of your group and special event from prior arrangements, throughout the dinner/event to following up.
A word from Asti Ristorante
Asti, located in the heart of San Diego's Historic Gaslamp Quarter, has been providing guests with an exquisite fine-dining experience since 1994. Watch the passersby as you dine out on the patio for a pleasant shaded lunch or while indulging in a candlelight dinner. Come on inside to experience the warm, elegant ambiance of the dining room. For the convenience of our guests, Asti can also arrange transportation to and from the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Asti Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Gaslamp ›
Asti Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (15)romantic (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- On July 5 I ate here withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2008On July 5 I ate here with my husband. We were seated immediately and given bread and water. After waiting at least ten minutes we asked the busboy to please locate our server. After another five to ten minutes a female came and said they didn't know who our server was and got our drinks. I asked if the tea was brewed and when it came it obviously wasn't. Our waiter finally came and I asked if the tea was brewed. He said no it wasn't and sorry. We ordered and our food came quickly and as ordered. As we were eating the sun began to set and the sun was so blinding I could not see my husband sitting across from me. There were several tables open with no sun. Very disappointed.
- The entire staff made my dateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2008The entire staff made my date feel horrible by staring at her until she felt like a piece of cheap raw meat. Repeatedly this was done and by all but one of the service staff. This experience made both of us sick and enough to say I will never go back. Is this why all the other restaurants we tried on the 4th were full and this one was empty? Disgusting.
- Food was very good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/21/2008Food was very good and the service was outstanding, will returnSpecial Features:
- The Italien flavor is doingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2008The Italien flavor is doing well! From the employees to the food. Eating outdoors offers plenty of people watching opportunities.Special Features:
- My first time to San DiegoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2008My first time to San Diego and I had to organize a team dinner. Asti was a great choice! The food was amazing as well as the service. I really enjoyed my dinner. I'll definitely recommend others to go there.Special Features:
- We had reservations at 6 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2008We had reservations at 6 pm and we did not get a table until 6:50!!Special Features:
- Had a great time...I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2008Had a great time...I would definitely come again! I ran the San Diego Marathon the next day, i would highly recommend to other runners for next year. Great idea with the special "runner's" menu.Special Features:
- A food basic restaurant, veryDaveSVIPDined on 5/31/2008A food basic restaurant, very expensive for quality of food, service and overall experience.
- The food had a CaliforniaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2008The food had a California influence. Make sure you ask for the prices on the Special menu. You might be surprised if you don't! Overall, a great dining experience! I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good place. Solid atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2008Good place. Solid atmosphere. We had a really slick (and also good) waiter and the experience overall was worthwhile and memorable. The seafood grill special was delicious, and the caesar salads were original and very memorable to me. The whole menu seems to offer exceptional variety and taste.Special Features:
- The linguine with clams, grilledOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/16/2008The linguine with clams, grilled prawn in a white wine sauce was absolutely delicioius. The buffalo cheese and tomatoes as appetizers were very delicious as well. We went on a Friday night so it was pretty busy and were unable to sit outdoors even though my reservation requested it. We'll definitely return perhaps on a non weekend day.Special Features:
- I loved this place it remindedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2008I loved this place it reminded me of Europe and restaurants there. The food was incredible and it was a great place to go for Mother's Day, Thank you!!Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008The food was very good. The sea bass was excellent. The waiter seemed new and untrained. That is not an issue we all have been new to a job and find our way but there should have been some more support behind him. But they seemed short staffed in general. It was not at all crowded at the time but the two waiters seemed to have too much to do. There was quite a wait for water, bread, etc. When the manager arrived everything seemed to kick into a higher gear of service.
- This restuarant is outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2008This restuarant is outstanding, all four of us were delighted with the cuisine, the ambiance was very conducive to having a great dining experience, it was easy to carry on a conversation without having to raise our voices and the service was very professional. I would heartedly recommend Asti's to anyone who enjoys the pleasures of a quiet dining experience. Mike Holland
- Great menu and daily specials.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/7/2008Great menu and daily specials. The wine list is extensive and also very good. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. I ate there 2X in 1 week!Special Features:
- comments from my customersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2008comments from my customers - great menu and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- I loved the Asti Ristorante.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2008I loved the Asti Ristorante. I am Italian and finding a true Italian menu with an Italian wait staff was a treat. The decor was very pleasing, lots of nice Italian touches. It was very hot the day we ate at the restaurant and originally they planned for us to sit outside. I asked if it was at all possible to dine inside because we would have been so uncomfortable and they very kindly accommodated us. I have already recommended the restaurant to friends who live in San Diego.Special Features:
- Everyone in our group wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2008Everyone in our group was very favorably impressed. Truly enjoyable! Our waiter, Farris, could not have beeen better.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andPDawgVIPDined on 3/30/2008The food was outstanding and everything was very fresh.Special Features:
- The food was very good, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2008The food was very good, nice fish and hearty pasta dishes. Not inexpensive, however. The bar is attractive, walls are rustic brick with a huge painted mural of Renaissance Italian village. Lots of tables near the front windows, and outside tables along Fifth Ave. We appreciated the extremely friendly waiter and hostess. Our waiter went out of his way to accommodate my daughter's request for item not on the menu. He was patient and maintained a good balance between being attentive and helpful and letting us enjoy our meals. Restaurant is a pleasant 10-minute walk to the Civic Auditorium through the Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego.Special Features:
- food was very fresh and creative;JojoVIPDined on 3/24/2008food was very fresh and creative; wait staff was friendly and knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- awful bland food- most atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2007awful bland food- most at our table were pretty unhappy with their meal, plus we had awful service, and the food was expensive! Trul one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had.