1414 Harbour Way South
Richmond, CA 94804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.assemblerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (510) 215-6025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: W-Sa 5:00pm-9:00pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 11:30am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Maggie Pond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering services from boxed lunch to private dinner event of any size.
- Private Party Facilities: 45,000 sq. ft. Craneway Pavillion is available for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Terumi Shibata-Mazzera 5102156025
- Entertainment: Craneway Pavillion offers unique music and art events throughout the year. Visit our web site for event calendar.
A word from Assemble
What do you call a place steeped in the history of this country"s industrial transformation where food and drinks are thoughtfully prepared and people come together to enjoy them? "Assemble", a new restaurant at Ford Point on the Richmond waterfront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Assemble - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Assemble reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (56)great for lunch (45)great for brunch (42)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (31)great for outdoor dining (31)kid-friendly (21)special occasion (14)hot spot (9)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Assemble Sunday Night Dinner (and brunch)wwwebbDined on 11/23/2014I've been eating lunches regularly at Assemble. Recently had brunch there on a Sunday. Loved the chiliquilles, probably best I ever had. Sat outside and watched the boats go by on the bay. Sunday dinner is a new thing. Prix fix, they roasted a whole pig, served with plantains, rice and beans. Also had soup AND salad as well as gourmet scoop of ice cream for dessert. I had the salted caramel. Delish! Plan to go back for this dinner again - a bargain at under $25.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Comfort Food with FlairECgurlDined on 11/21/2014We've visited Assemble for both brunch and dinner several times now and will keep coming back for their fresh take on comfort food, great view and easy distance from our home in El Cerrito. The building itself is industrial but has a warmth to it despite the high ceilings, brick walls and exposed steel interior. The restaurant is casual and friendly with inviting outdoor seating for warm sunny days -- and they even have heat lamps so you can hang out outside into the evening and take in the awesome view. Favorite dishes: beef riblets, chicken pot pie, mushroom pot pie, fish & chips and their delicious sliders. Service has been very friendly on all of our visits. Another plus: Assemble is a great place to take out of town guests for lunch as it's right next door to the Rosie the Riveter museum and the Bay Trail. Lunch, a bayside walk and a tour of the museum make for a fun outing for visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and (this time) Great ServiceFredUnoVIPDined on 11/21/2014We had the sliders, the chief's salad, the coconut cake and a scope of chocolate ice cream. All were very good and this time the service was outstanding. Server was friendly, attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time was had by all!ShuShuMaMaDined on 11/20/2014Food was excellent, especially the appetizers. My favorite were the spiced peanuts and the fritos nachos. The entrees were also very good. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. All in all, everyone in our party enjoyed the evening very much. Will definitely come back and bring more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Richmond gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Loved the industrial setting. Everything we had was well executed and tasty. The cocktails were good. Our waiter was terrific. I think this would be a good place to take out of town guests - great view of the Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good service.FredUnoVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was good as usual. This time the service was poor. Our server seemed out of it. Like he was not paying attention to his work. My friend asked for no salad, no added salt, and extra fries. He brought the dish with salad and salted fries. I order the crab. He immediately brought a bowl with cawl cracker, fork and warm moist towel. By the time the crab arrived the warm towel was cold. We ordered desert and a to go box from this server. We never saw him again any place for fifteen minutes. Finally, we told the hostess, who found him some place and we got our deserts. Hope you do not get this server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uniquediningDined on 11/8/2014We enjoyed our experience at Assemble. It has an interesting menu and a very unique atmosphere. I would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aldoVIPDined on 11/7/2014The menu is growing with lots of excellent choices. The triple club sandwich is always a great lunch item. Service sparkles as usual. Bartenders make good cocktails. An excellent restaurant to combine with a trip to Rosie the Riveter Museum. It gets better and better.Special Features:
- assemble restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014There were five of us for lunch; we visited the rosie museum first; the food was delicious; we had the sliders, mushroom pot pie, chinese chicken salad and fish and chips. The wine list is reasonable in price. very enjoyable experience; will go back when in the areaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Not only was the food delicious, the parking ample and the service great, but it's right next to the Rosie the Riveter Museum which added to the pleasure of our outing and as a bonus we got a coupon for the Mountain Hardware outlet in the same building and were able to do a little bargain shopping as well.Special Features:
- An Richmond gem worth your while and driveGinnyVIPDined on 10/15/2014Trying to find a relaxing, sit-down restaurant to have a quiet conversation with someone for a first-time meeting was challenging to find in Richmond, a town I know nothing about. I was delighted to find Assemble and we had a fabulous, lingering lunch in this relaxing, scenic location. Nothing makes me happier than bottomless, strong iced tea and comfort food, which I had with a vegetarian pot pie. The location is in a renovated Ford Motors assembly plant. This is a destination place; go there and plan to take a walk along the waterfront and, if you have time, the adjacent Rosie the Riveter Museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AssembleshoppingsueDined on 10/9/2014I enjoy coming to this restaurant because it has a unique industrial look and good food. I hate to say it but I love their large salads so much I haven't tried too many other items.....but usually a friend and I share their delicious "home-made" desserts, that's how I justify having dessert with my salad. I recommend making a reservation because it has gotten popular during lunchtime. Parking can be a little difficult too......bring your bike! When you eat there they give you a coupon so you can shop at an outdoor clothing shop down the road, many things for 40-50% off regular price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014Overall a nice dining experience. Wait staff was attentive and cheerful even when busy. Great view and the restaurant set-up is quite nice. Tasty tri-tip sandwich, scrumptious sliders, and light /crispy fish and chips. Only suggestion is that the presentation of the dishes (that we ordered) need improvement. Presentation was lackluster in appearance--rather monotone. For instance, I ordered sliders which came with fries and oddly, an overly vinegary cucumber salad (with skin peeled). Cucumber salad didn't belong there. I would suggest something colorful instead...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsODIEDined on 10/5/2014Had brunch here with my wife and son. Booked last minute via Open Table which was great, because we were able to be seated outside and the weather was great. It was a little hot though ironically for Point Richmond area so a couple umbrellas to block the sun would have been nice. I ordered the Chinese Chicken salad, good and well dressed but very small, too small for $16. Note to chef. My wife's Egg's Benedict was great and my son had the banana pancakes which he liked. So, all in all good but not great. Service was also slow, they need to double-up on outdoor support for the waitress/waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchGWIPDined on 9/28/2014We attended the home show in the Craneway Pavillion next door. Our lunch gave us a good place and time to consider some purchases. The food came promptly and was very good. A very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great service..3folkseatingoutDined on 9/25/2014Good food that is overpriced. Attentive service in quirky setting. My guess is that with the thin scant number of customers, it won't stay in business long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret FindHungrygirlDined on 9/8/2014Assemble is next to the Rosie the Riveter Museum. I recommend going to the Museum and then having lunch at Assemble. The history of that area is incredible. It was a massive shipbuilding port during WWII. The restaurant has a great menu and is quite attractive with its contemporary decor, which also reflects the history of that site. Right on the Bay. Fantastic views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent informal diningfortunateVIPDined on 8/22/2014Friendly efficient and helpful staff. Good solid food in a pleasant, industrial ambience. Excellent for a group gathering.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemsoutherngrubDined on 8/22/2014I discovered Assemble Restaurant while visiting the Rosie the Riveter Museum this summer and have been there several times. The location is surprising and such a treat and the food is great. Their pot pie crust is the best ever and their desserts are really something special. I have been for lunch sitting outside - loved it. And I have now dined inside and enjoyed that as well. The service is great. The wait staff is extremely friendly. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the area!tapbirdsDined on 8/20/2014This is THE place to eat if you are in west Richmond. Great location - it's in the old historic Ford Assembly Plant directly across from the Rosie the Riveter WWII Home Front National Historical Park. The crispy Kale salad was an excellent starter, and we enjoyed our entrees of baby back BBQ ribs and chicken pot pie. Unfortunately the menu had changed, so we were not able to order the Jambalaya, which had been given rave reviews on Yelp. The interesting decor was a plus, as was the bay view if we had chosen to brave the wind/fog and sit outdoors.Special Features:
- Great BrunchLiDoDined on 8/17/2014We heard about Assemble from a friend and went to check it out. We were there late on a Sunday morning and the restaurant was fairly quiet when we arrived. By the time we left, around 12:30, the restaurant was almost full and it was quite lively. I had the lemon cornmeal pancakes and my husband had the eggs husserl. We both enjoyed our dishes, and he service was very good. We indulged in Key Lime pie for dessert and it was extraordinary. All-in-all, this was a great dining experience and we will return.Special Features:
- okay not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014I was rather disappointed dining here. Heard great things about this place. Seems the food was lacking. The caesar salad had no croutons or taste. The sliders were good but the fries were limp and cold. The pot pie was cold when it was brought out. It wasn't crowded and all of our food ca,e at once. The salad should have been served first. Not sure if we will go back again……..Special Features:
- Good food, nice location on waterIBeMattCDined on 8/8/2014The location is really cool and right on the water. Figuring out where to park took a few minutes, as it's not obvious you can go in to the national historical park lot. We were seated immediately. Service was attentive, and we stayed for a while. We shared a calamari appetizer, and it was good. I ordered a full mac and cheese. It was fine. Not great, not bad--it was whelming. It was kind of dry until the bottom portion, which was more saturated and what I had been looking for. It's plenty of food for a meal, but don't count on leftovers. Otherwise, the two people I went with both really enjoyed their meals: one had a catfish sandwich, the other had the sliders. Drinks were reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Brunch with RyanNikkoDined on 8/3/2014Good brunch, lots of fun, great service, I had fish and chips, very tasty, for dessert, key lime pieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysKarenTVIPDined on 8/2/2014I love their salad with champagne vinaigrette. Normally I don't like 'weeds' in a salad :-), but they grow their own and they're perfect. The fries are pretty much perfect too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Assemble at Assemble!foodismagicDined on 8/1/2014What a great place for fun, a romantic dinner or to hangout out in the Marina Bay hood! Service was great, the food extraordinary, the ambience perfect. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Assemble reviews archive.
- Worth the effort!Bob0117VIPDined on 7/26/2014It was a hard place to find but once we did, we loved it. Cool old- warehouse feel, original windows, lots of light. All the food was great but both the chicken pot pie and the coconut cake went above and beyond! Phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!CaraVIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is a hidden gem! Love the setting and atmosphere. The food is delicious and they heave everything ready to go when you have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhHerculesjeffVIPDined on 7/25/2014Tried it. Not a fave. Even at bar service is abismal. Chef has great potential and food wasn't horrible. Tons of southern influence and tastes. Frito pie is awesome.Special Features:
- off the main track-worth the effortOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/24/2014far more than a place to eat. the salad type stuff is way better than average but the location is gorgeous--right in the bay surrounded by a very interesting historic site. parking is a snap. there are wonderful places to walk and/or meet before and after. underdeveloped and intriguing. a great place for a nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch dateMikeDined on 7/22/2014The place is charming and worth a visit. Music too loud, but very wait staff accommodating when we asked for them to turn it down. Visit Rosie the Riveter museum while you're there. It is next door and inspiring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific on all frontsBluRavenDined on 7/18/2014We shared four appetizers and each had dessert. Mussels were spectacular. Jalapeño white sauce best I've had. Corn and ham chowder beyond good. I've also had the chicken pot pie previously for lunch: another outstanding dish. Assemble is one of the better restaurants in the west Bay Area. We loved the atmosphere of WWII decor and adjoining Rosie the Riviter museum. Worth spending time at the museum flowed by dinner or lunch at Assemble and topped off with a walk around the Marina. Assemble is a jewel well hidden in Richmond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting placeLuvtodineDined on 7/18/2014Located in Ford factory all refurbished with factory motif. Informal and on the water, Massive kitchen for big events next door at Crainway Pavillion. Next door is the Rosie the Riveter Museum which is worth a visit Good food. good to fair service, priced well, easy parking. All make for a unique experienceSpecial Features:
- aldoVIPDined on 7/17/2014Menu changes but never disappoints. Service is always friendly and professional. Great bar and bartender. Very dependable.Special Features:
- Great Place to GoDiscerningdinerDined on 7/15/2014Assemble is one of those little out of the way places you congratulate yourself for finding. It's been under new management this year, and the food is much better than the last iteration of the place, with more attention to the kind of details that make your experience pleasurable. Bike there on the Bay trail, or take a stroll along the path after your meal and enjoy the lovely views.Special Features:
- Happy 3rd of JulyGWIPDined on 7/3/2014We ate at Assemble before the concert and fireworks at the Craneway Pavilion on the third of July. It was a cold and windy night. We were seated as soon as the restaurant opened at 5 o'clock. Our server was prompt and took our order from the special holiday menu they had created just for the 3rd. We enjoyed the meal. There were several tables outside the restaurant to help with the overflow crowd for the occasion. I am glad we were seated inside for our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!3folkseatingoutDined on 6/30/2014Eaten here several times in the past years and the food and ambiance remain consistently pleasant. Generous helpings of well prepared and tastie food served in a welcoming manner! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotseekingnewmexicancuisineDined on 6/27/2014Our dinner was quite good. Steaks prepared perfectly. The Broccoli with olive oil and lemon was a perfect side to share. Desserts here are very good. Key Lime pie was outstanding. Mocha Layer cake was very good. The relaxed atmosphere and an attentive and friendly staff made our evening special. Location is really cool and it is so nice to have a great place on the bay that is so close to Richmond/El Cerrito!Special Features:
- Sparkling waterfront treasureSallyDined on 6/27/2014Fantastic calamari, beautiful green goddess wedge salad (I mopped the plate). Mussels---yes! Plenty of free parking and then walk out to see the view of the water, visit Rosie the Riveter Museum....a great outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic?Wheezer845Dined on 6/27/2014The noise level was much too high but the food...Cobb Salad, Key Lime Pie....was very good. The lettuce in the salad was really interesting. Assemble is in a lovely place and has parking (!!!) The waitress was very nice. We enjoyed ourselves but had to lipread. I am not sure how you can control the noise in an old warehouse. And the pipes and the like were part of the charm.Special Features: