2010 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggioseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064411399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mauro Golmarvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We do not have a formal private dining room; however, we offer a semi-private area that can accommodate up to 16 people.
A word from Assaggio
Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Assaggio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Assaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (66)special occasion (55)romantic (51)notable wine list (45)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (39)great for lunch (19)hot spot (18)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014I ALWAYS eat at Assagio's when in Seattle. They fix my special requests, not on the menu, with no problem. Food straight from an Italian kitchen. Mauro's the best!Special Features:
- Greatfood; so so servicedslesqDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good but the service, although capable was just so so.Special Features:
- Average Italian Fare24foodDined on 9/13/2014Assaggio is an average Italian restaurant. A bit over over priced for the quality of the food offered. Service is attentive, however we did feel that we were being rushed. I would hesitate to recommend this restaurant to others.
- LeslieDined on 9/12/2014As always we had a wonderful dinner! The food is always wonderful. Don't miss the potatoe leek soup! You always know the commitment to wonderful service when the owner is ther working along side his employees.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceChristinaEggDined on 9/12/2014Went here while in Seattle when looking for an Italian Restaurant and seeing good reviews on Open Table. The place did not disappoint! Excellent service from the moment we walked in. The food was great too! The marinara sauce was amazing!Special Features:
- Friendly Service Great FoodFoodieFrancesVIPDined on 9/11/2014We have eaten here four times and never been disappointed. The owner greets everyone with a big smile and the wait staff are well trained. Food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried & TrueWSeattleFanDined on 9/11/2014One of our favorite spots for wonderful Italian food. Always a little something creative on the special list as well. Mauro is always welcoming. To regulars and to those that just drop by!Special Features:
- Make Sure Owner is ThereFoodieWannabeDined on 9/4/2014Previous experience was 5 stars, fantastic food, great service. This time, the owner wasn't there, and with the SAME server, the service bordered on poor. Food was still excellent, but had some food allergies in the group requiring minimal accommodation. Server acted as if it was an imposition, and the rest of the time he had the air of tolerating our presence. My only conclusions are a) the server had a bad night prior to our arrival, or b) the warm, effusive boss was elsewhere so he didn't need to keep up the pretense! Regardless, it put a damper on the evening.Special Features:
- Molto bene!ClemensalovespastaDined on 9/3/2014Was looking for a traditional Italian restaurant that had good seafood dishes to offer. Dinner was outstanding from Antipasti through to Dolce! Had the fresh seafood linguine with a lobster cream sauce. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, warm host/ownerHungryinSeattleDined on 8/30/2014Whenever we go to Assagio, the owner/host is always super friendly and this dinner was no exception. He just always seems so happy to see us. I got the roasted Brussels sprouts as an appetizer and they were amazing. I had the pork tenderloin with pancetta and mozzarella for dinner and it was quite good. My friend's husband hit the lasagne and are the whole thing (we practically had to stop him from licking his plate). Everyone enjoyed their meals. The restaurant can be a little on the cozy side and might be tough for large groups, but it was fine for the four of us and would be perfect for Romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Dinner at AssaggiopmdiDined on 8/28/2014My husband son and I had a wonderful time at Assaggio. The food was great and so was the service. Mauro makes the restaurant so fun and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Assagio's was greatalykat13Dined on 8/25/2014In Seattle a year and have been trying all the new dining options here. This was such a wonderful surprise, steak was incredibly tender and flavorful. They had a special 1995 wine from a small run that was amazing. This in on our go to list, loved it!Special Features:
- Best bang for the buckDenbobDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit for late dinner, and loved everything about it. My wife and I loved our entries, the wine, and our desert. Can't wait to go again next time we are in Seattle. The price was excellent as well, and compared to Aqua on pier 70, the food was better here for less than half the cost. Forget the high end joints, this was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our night, from the start we were greeted warmly at the door, the food was great, the service was there when you needed them and best of all, we weren't rushed. I highly recommend AssaggioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bday DinnerSRoseDined on 8/22/2014The food was amazing, the service was amazing (thanks, Alessandro!), and it was all-around an exceptional visit for my birthday dinner with family. I don't find food that really "wow"s me that often anymore, but my Brasato and my brother's Gnocchi, and my Mom's Eggplant Parmesan, were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You're family!GriffinBlueDined on 8/21/2014If your favorite, Italian uncle owned an amazing restaurant...this would be it. Mauro, the owner, will greet you at the door as if you are family. You will be whisked to a table where your food journey can begin. I've dined here many times--birthdays, pre-show (Moore) dining, and on dates. The food is always perfect, the atmosphere is reminiscent of a New York restaurant, and the staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal chewyJoeRDined on 8/21/2014The Veall Parm. contained a cut of veal that was very chewy and not tender at all. The sauce was okay but the veal breading not crisp at all.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantElizabethDined on 8/20/2014Came across this restaurant in Seattle and it was a gem. Close enough to walk to from downtown/pike Place and food was good old fashioned authentic Italian cooking. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great repeat visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014We first came across Assaggio in 2012, when it was recommended to us by a hotel Concierge. Being creatures of habit we decided to return last week and it was just as good as we remembered. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a patio table (there was one ready inside, but we wanted to enjoy a beautiful summer evening) and, once we were seated, everything went like clockwork - water, bread and oil/vinegar came right away and our waiter came over quickly to take our wine order. The food was delicious and abundant - we shared an appetizer (pappardelle) and should have shared an entree as neither of us could finish (I had the short rib and DH had the filet). We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Delightful Dining ExperienceDineforfunDined on 8/16/2014The owner, Mauro, greets you as you arrive. He loves his restaurant & it shows. The food was divine & you can tell the staff enjoy working there. We enjoyed it so much we ate here twice while on vacation. You need reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for adults and childrenlovethebestDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent, from getting greeted by the owner at arrival, to excellent serving staff. The kitchen will prepare anything not on the menu for kids (pasta related of course), and the portions are enough to fill everyone. I would recommend this restaurant to friends, and will likely return on our next trip to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an Amazing Experience!ashluvsseattleDined on 8/15/2014I've been coming here for years, and the service and food are always exceptional! Mauro always makes you feel so welcome and goes the extra step to make your experience special. I came here recently on a date and had a great meal, amazing wine and fantastic company what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightVinceDined on 8/9/2014Went here for a date night with my girlfriend. The level of customer service was outstanding from the get-go. We received a friendly greeting by the host who went to find if our table was ready. While he was away, two other staff members saw we were waiting at the front and asked if we had been helped. After we sat down we were immediately served bread, poured water, and delivered a wine list. The waiter stopped by after each plate to ask how everything was, top of our wine, and see if there was anything else we needed. Everything was outstanding and fairly priced for the level of quality Overall, could not have had a better experience. Had never been here before and will go back any time we're in the mood for a nice Italian night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had amazing service and food! We will definitely be back! We really enjoyed the margarita pizza and chicken parmesan! I love how the owner takes time to greet every guest! We were treated to salted calomel gelato and it was change your life good! A must when you want Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSeattlefoodieDined on 8/8/2014The service was impeccable, the ambience was friendly and lively and the food was superb! We will definitely go back to try everything on the menu. We had a show to catch and the waiter, owner and other servers were available to ensure we were meeting our time commitment, yet we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was fantastic. The tables were positioned well and it was easy to navigate. Our wait person explained the various food items very clearly and I felt welcome to ask questions. The valet was plesaant and made us feel that the evening was going to be wonderful. We were given a complimentar glass of wonderful desserr wine before we left. Thank you Assaggio! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvItalianDined on 8/7/2014Great veal Parmesan and Gnochi arrancci. Very friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Assaggio'sGenevois2Dined on 8/2/2014Our experience is consistently enjoyable with an ambience and customer activity adding to a nice dinner out. Mauro is always a perfect hostSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !OldRockKnuckelheadDined on 8/2/2014We ate here on a Saturday night, party of 5. Greeted enthusiastically by the maitre'd. Promptly greeted by the waiter, who was just the right mix of helpful knowledge and sarcastic wit. The food was all delicious, everyone ordered different entrees, and every single one was delicious. Highly recommended !!Special Features:
- DeliciousDianaDined on 8/1/2014We were there for dinner and the service was outstanding and the food was delicious. Try the seasonal cucumber beverage!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/28/2014I have dined here before and enjoyed much better food. This time around it was bland, undercooked and poorly executed. Was the chef off on Monday?
- Exquisite!BurgerbeckyVIPDined on 7/28/2014What can I say that wall covered in awards hasn't already said? The pastas are to die for! The wines, perfect! Go, just go!Special Features:
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Had a wonderful experience with great food and extremely professional staff as well as greeted by the owner upon arrivalSpecial Features:
- Best Italian in Seattle.ATriplePDined on 7/26/2014I believe the title says it all. Mauro is an extremely gracious host and is always there and visiting with patrons. Atmosphere was amazing and the food is unbelievable - I had the lamb shank and I still have dreams about it and that was 2 weeks ago!Special Features:
- My favorite Italian in Seattle!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Mauro never disappoints! My husband and I were welcomed and treated like old friends from the moment we arrived. We shared a few appetizers, drank a bottle of GREAT, hard to find wine, and topped it off with tiramisu. What a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestHenryDined on 7/25/2014We had not been here for several years and the menu and the food have taken a quantum leap. It has gone from being a very good neighborhood restaurant to one of the best in town. Very extensive menu made it hard to choose, but our pappardelli with wild boar ragout was amazing. Organic veal and lamb which are difficult to find. Excellent glass of chianti for $9.00!Special Features:
- Simply the bestSteelers1Dined on 7/22/2014Incredible food - incredible service - what more could you ask for? This restaurant simply is the best. Mauro and his staff make you feel like you have been invited into his home. My sister in law was outside in the car with my niece who was sleeping and Mauro offered to have some food taken out there for her. That goes way beyond hospitality. That really is what family does for each other. From the caprese - the gnocchi- rigatoni with Italian sausage and tomato cream sauce- the dessert martini the bartender made for me- I am only sorry that I have to go back to Florida. I am a guest for life of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate twice hereJBBSVIPDined on 7/21/2014Was in Seattle for a week and ate here twice because the service and food was so good.Special Features:
- Great fun for dinnerLoyalfanDined on 7/19/2014Assagio is a vibrant neighborhood restaurant. The food is excellent, and the restaurant seems to attract both loyal fans and tourists. It's a safe street with parking in a lot next door. We celebrated my birthday there, and our grown sons like the place on a Friday night. We've been there many times, and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want great food and serviceJBBSVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is a neighborhood gem located just a few blocks from the fish market. The owners greats everyone at the door...knows most of the local customers by name. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. Had the salmon with a side of pasta. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. If you are local or just visiting you can not go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features: