2010 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggioseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 441-1399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mauro Golmarvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We do not have a formal private dining room; however, we offer a semi-private area that can accommodate up to 16 people.
A word from Assaggio
Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Assaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (83)special occasion (60)romantic (48)notable wine list (44)good for groups (37)great for outdoor dining (23)hot spot (18)great for lunch (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Friendly and welcomingBearwifeVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is a very nice restaurant with classic white linen tablecloths, very friendly staff, excellent service, and delicious pasta dishes. The seafood spaghetti was particularly wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We're from the Olympic Peninsuela so a good night in the city is important. We saw Joan Baez at Moore and stayed at the Warwick and the Assagio was right in the middle. We've eaten there several times and it seems to be our favorite restaurant in Seattle. It's all good. A rarity. Thanks to the owner an staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nightly special was fabulousManofeatsDined on 11/12/2014Black and white pasta with prawns, scallops and crab in a lobster sauce. It wasn't too heavy and tasted heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle VisitjbancroDined on 11/8/2014We were in Seattle, staying at the Warwick, to see Oprah! Assaggio was right next door to our hotel and it was the perfect ending to an awesome day. We did make reservations before hand which I would recommend and it was so worth it. Fabulous food, great welcoming and perfect service. I"ll definitely go back next time we visit Seattle. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great ServicesmbmaxVIPDined on 11/7/2014We went here for dinner and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect fit for so many reasons.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Great menu, cocktails, wine list, staff and ambiance. Wish they were open Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findFoodieDined on 11/6/2014Overall good experience and food. Good wine recommendation with our meal.
- Excellent as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Assaggio is consistent in everything they do. Servers are pleasant, knowledgeable, and efficient. The food is excellent, simple, always fresh. Just a delight. Mauro makes the atmosphere come alive and the feeling is like sitting around the family table. This is one place that I have never had a moment of dissatisfaction. It just doesn't get any better than this!Special Features:
- Perfect Italian FoodSerafinaDined on 11/1/2014I can't believe that I didn't go here sooner. The food was amazing! Best gnocchi I have ever had! Can't wait to go back and try something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!TravelGirlDined on 10/31/2014On a recent trip to Seattle and wanting a good Italian meal we searched online and found this restaurant was highly rated and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed, a very PLEASANT experience. all around. My husband had the Salmon and opted for a house salad and Puttenesca. Everything was delicious and the pasta was cooked PERFECTLY!!! The bread and dipping oil was superb and the salad dressing was heavenly. Two dinners, one salad, two glasses of Chianti one dessert and one espresso, (Oh yes you must try the Tartufo ), the bill was only $97 and worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!wandaDined on 10/30/2014The rack of lamb was done to perfection - a feat not often seen in restaurants - topped with a chanterelle, red wine reduction sauce that was delicious! The risotto was completed with a creamy lobster sauce that just melted in my mouth. The service was excellent, friendly and timely. The advice on the wine turned out to be a wonderful match to both of our meals. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian food in SeattleDaveBDined on 10/29/2014We just returned from two weeks in Italy. We really appreciate fine food. Assaggio has some very nice offerings that reminded us of our Italian experience. We visited during restaurant week. Some of the primi courses were excellent. We were finished somewhat unsatisfied, so we tried the tiramisu off the regular menu and we're wowed. The wine recommendation was dissappointing. Overall, it was very good and I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AssaggioBusinessDinerDined on 10/29/2014Great ambiance. Staff was very friendly and service-oriented. Really enjoyed the eclectic menu.Special Features:
- outstanding eveningtom1Dined on 10/28/2014Recently we had an outstanding evening at Assaggio. The food was terrific as was the service and atmosphere. The wild boar ragu is consistently the best in town. Being from out of town, Assaggio is always a welcomed venue. Tom1Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Server was very rude when he found out we were ordering 2 for 15$, especially when we did not order a beverage
- Extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2014Worst food and service we have experienced in years.
- Great eveningMizzou72BWDined on 10/27/2014Warm welcome when we entered, had a quiet table as had been requested. Mauro (proprietor) recommended an excellent bottle of wine, lamb shanks and lasagna were excellent. Service was fine. We bought Mauro's current cookbook as it had some variations that I look forward to trying. Excellent experience and will return. We were there on a Monday night which I am sure was less crowded than weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMrMustardDined on 10/27/2014Was there for Restaurant Week on a Monday night early, not very crowded. The appetizers were good, lentil soup, and salad. The Chicken Pumpkin Risotto was too al dente and cold. I had the pork which was very dry and tough, did not seem freshly cooked. Would have thought they would try harder for RW, would not return.
- Avoid during Restaurant WeeklisawasabiDined on 10/27/2014I did not enjoy my lunch during Restaurant Week. I had a chicken pesto sandwich on focaccia that sounded a lot better than it tasted (chicken was dry, bread was too thick and dry). The lentil soup appetizer was delicious, so that's why I'm giving them 3 stars. My coworker enjoyed her pasta dish.
- Too noisy & overpricedkenaiDined on 10/25/2014Extremely small restaurant, with tables too close together & overcrowded leading to super noisy chaotic atmosphere. Arancini was tasteless & beef tenderloin risotto entrée was served room temperature with an overpowering gorgonzola flavor that ruined the dish. We were initially seated right next to the front door - on a cold, wet & windy night - so we requested of our server to be moved to another table that opened up, to which she never followed through. Only bright spot was the owner, who is enthusiastically welcoming to everyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great food and service! Happy atmosphere! Was fun to introduce our friends to a new place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We were in town for one night....found the restaurant on open table...it was near our hotel...we had an unusual experience. The tables were very close together and it happened that the couple seated to our left did not like their table....not sure why...an incident occurred...the maitre d' unceremoniously asked them to leave...the guy upset their table...water and olive oil flew over to our table...my husband was in line of the trajectory....we were quickly moved over one table...all was handled speedily...the only disappointment was that we weren't even offered a glass of wine....c'est la vie!!!! Don't think we will return....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!JKCfoodieDined on 10/22/2014A tight squeeze at most tables but otherwise quite authentic and attentive service. I'd suggest ordering a pasta/risotto as I've always loved mine. Pumpkin risotto, and the gnocchi are yum! And desserts are delicious! Wines are a bit on the higher end (by glass) but good bottle selection, local and European.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAnneDined on 10/17/2014Some of the best meals we've ever had. Gnocchi was light, veal parm tender and probably the best vanilla ice cream in the history of mankind.Special Features:
- Business dinnerMikeandCathDined on 10/16/2014First time visit and enjoyed ourselves. Very large menu and nice specials the night we were there. Large wine list and basically something for everyone. Crowd was vibrant, noise level a little high but everyone seemed to be having fun and the restaurant was full. It was also very nice to still find a restaurant where the owner greets you and visits your table to make sure everything is to your liking.Special Features:
- Really great dinner before showNYMattyDined on 10/16/2014at the Moore Theater up the road. Owner greeted us warmly at the door and was very engaging and friendly. Food was outstanding, my wife had the Filet Mignon and I had the braised short ribs. Perfect!! Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- KidswhydoineedanicknameVIPDined on 10/15/2014Parents, don't take your young children here. You ruin it for other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great food, good service, and friendly staff. They were very accomodating when we asked for some changes with items on the menu. The minestrone soup was delicious. The owner greeted us at the door and checked on us throughout our meal. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!UtahnsDined on 10/10/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant when we were in Seattle about six months ago and will continue to go whenever we're in town. This time we took friends with us and they'll be back with more friends as well. Mauro makes you feel like an old friend/family, very genuine and welcoming. Its obvious he's living his dream!!!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMichaelADined on 10/10/2014Three adults and two (foodie) kids had a great time at Assaggio's. We were sharing all of our appetizers and remarking "how fresh and clean the clams were", great the salad was (thanks for the fennel even though its no longer on the menu) and loved the beef carpaccio. The special was a rack of lamb and our daughter was sad only because "everybody took some". The Osso Bucco was amazing even for those of us who only like grilled meat. Gnocchi was great but the sauce a little rich for a whole meal. The tiramisu is easily one of the best in Seattle. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Noisy but worth it!MikeTDined on 10/9/2014Restaurant was busy so noise level was high. Great service and great food. Entire staff is working hard to make sure you have an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious sandwiched in mediocrityGloriaDined on 10/9/2014Positives: owner made the rounds, served and cleared tables; main dishes well cooked, well seasoned, and came quickly. Negatives: server was having a bad day; appetizer was tiny; main dish was too big; DO NOT ORDER THEIR FROZEN DESSERT (freezer burn taste quite prominent)
- Always greatBobMDDined on 10/4/2014Have gone twice now - always excellent and caters to,our picky 7 and 9 year olds.Special Features:
- Outstanding, love itSKMArtistDined on 10/3/2014You feel very welcome here. Service is friendly and professional. Food is excellent. They want you to come back, and it'd been too long since our last visit. If you dine regularly, this should be in your Seattle top 10 list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findhungryseattleDined on 9/27/2014Our first time to Assaggio and definitely not our last. We were greeted at the door by the owner. A cheerful man with plenty of energy. Service was very attentive, food was delicious, and although full and lots of volume, we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. You could tell there were plenty of repeat customers, which is never a bad thing. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant, excellent foodBAC2VIPDined on 9/26/2014Very good food, ambience and service. No wonder they have been around for 21 years, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidNYDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful, genuine Italian cuisine. Terrific decor & ambiance, all w/ the most gracious host, Mauro.Special Features:
- great placeBillRDined on 9/24/2014Assagio is always a great place. Although the waiters were in a bit of a rush to turn the tables the night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West coast DelightSilverfoxDined on 9/24/2014What a gem in downtown Seattle. You are treated like family the minute you walk in the door. Everyone greats you with a welcome when you open the door. The wine selection is outstanding and the food well let's just say Bella. If you like original Italian meal then Assaggio is your place. The next time I am in Seattle area Assaggio will be on my itinerary. Ciao!Special Features:
- Solid ItalianBefoodieDined on 9/22/2014Delicious hearty Italian, right next to our hotel :) Two of us dined here Sept 23,2014. Pasta sampler for one , lasagna for the Mr. Glad they offered gluten free Pasta, it was delicious. Bottle of chianti Classico to top it off. YummSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.