2010 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggioseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064411399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mauro Golmarvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We do not have a formal private dining room; however, we offer a semi-private area that can accommodate up to 16 people.
A word from Assaggio
Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Assaggio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Assaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)fit for foodies (77)special occasion (62)romantic (50)notable wine list (47)good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (38)great for lunch (23)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014A tight squeeze at most tables but otherwise quite authentic and attentive service. I'd suggest ordering a pasta/risotto as I've always loved mine. Pumpkin risotto, and the gnocchi are yum! And desserts are delicious! Wines are a bit on the higher end (by glass) but good bottle selection, local and European.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAnneDined on 10/17/2014Some of the best meals we've ever had. Gnocchi was light, veal parm tender and probably the best vanilla ice cream in the history of mankind.Special Features:
- Business dinnerMikeandCathDined on 10/16/2014First time visit and enjoyed ourselves. Very large menu and nice specials the night we were there. Large wine list and basically something for everyone. Crowd was vibrant, noise level a little high but everyone seemed to be having fun and the restaurant was full. It was also very nice to still find a restaurant where the owner greets you and visits your table to make sure everything is to your liking.Special Features:
- Really great dinner before showNYMattyDined on 10/16/2014at the Moore Theater up the road. Owner greeted us warmly at the door and was very engaging and friendly. Food was outstanding, my wife had the Filet Mignon and I had the braised short ribs. Perfect!! Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- KidswhydoineedanicknameVIPDined on 10/15/2014Parents, don't take your young children here. You ruin it for other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great food, good service, and friendly staff. They were very accomodating when we asked for some changes with items on the menu. The minestrone soup was delicious. The owner greeted us at the door and checked on us throughout our meal. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!UtahnsDined on 10/10/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant when we were in Seattle about six months ago and will continue to go whenever we're in town. This time we took friends with us and they'll be back with more friends as well. Mauro makes you feel like an old friend/family, very genuine and welcoming. Its obvious he's living his dream!!!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMichaelADined on 10/10/2014Three adults and two (foodie) kids had a great time at Assaggio's. We were sharing all of our appetizers and remarking "how fresh and clean the clams were", great the salad was (thanks for the fennel even though its no longer on the menu) and loved the beef carpaccio. The special was a rack of lamb and our daughter was sad only because "everybody took some". The Osso Bucco was amazing even for those of us who only like grilled meat. Gnocchi was great but the sauce a little rich for a whole meal. The tiramisu is easily one of the best in Seattle. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Noisy but worth it!MikeTDined on 10/9/2014Restaurant was busy so noise level was high. Great service and great food. Entire staff is working hard to make sure you have an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious sandwiched in mediocrityGloriaDined on 10/9/2014Positives: owner made the rounds, served and cleared tables; main dishes well cooked, well seasoned, and came quickly. Negatives: server was having a bad day; appetizer was tiny; main dish was too big; DO NOT ORDER THEIR FROZEN DESSERT (freezer burn taste quite prominent)
- Always greatBobMDDined on 10/4/2014Have gone twice now - always excellent and caters to,our picky 7 and 9 year olds.Special Features:
- Outstanding, love itSKMArtistDined on 10/3/2014You feel very welcome here. Service is friendly and professional. Food is excellent. They want you to come back, and it'd been too long since our last visit. If you dine regularly, this should be in your Seattle top 10 list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findhungryseattleDined on 9/27/2014Our first time to Assaggio and definitely not our last. We were greeted at the door by the owner. A cheerful man with plenty of energy. Service was very attentive, food was delicious, and although full and lots of volume, we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. You could tell there were plenty of repeat customers, which is never a bad thing. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant, excellent foodBAC2VIPDined on 9/26/2014Very good food, ambience and service. No wonder they have been around for 21 years, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidNYDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful, genuine Italian cuisine. Terrific decor & ambiance, all w/ the most gracious host, Mauro.Special Features:
- great placeBillRDined on 9/24/2014Assagio is always a great place. Although the waiters were in a bit of a rush to turn the tables the night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West coast DelightSilverfoxDined on 9/24/2014What a gem in downtown Seattle. You are treated like family the minute you walk in the door. Everyone greats you with a welcome when you open the door. The wine selection is outstanding and the food well let's just say Bella. If you like original Italian meal then Assaggio is your place. The next time I am in Seattle area Assaggio will be on my itinerary. Ciao!Special Features:
- Solid ItalianBefoodieDined on 9/22/2014Delicious hearty Italian, right next to our hotel :) Two of us dined here Sept 23,2014. Pasta sampler for one , lasagna for the Mr. Glad they offered gluten free Pasta, it was delicious. Bottle of chianti Classico to top it off. YummSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicebusinesslunchDined on 9/22/2014We made lunch reservations for a work celebration. There was six of us, and they accommodated with no problem. We could easily hear each other speak, which was very nice. The service was wonderful, attentive but not overbearing and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- good italianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed food and the service was terrific. I would certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014I ALWAYS eat at Assagio's when in Seattle. They fix my special requests, not on the menu, with no problem. Food straight from an Italian kitchen. Mauro's the best!Special Features:
- Greatfood; so so servicedslesqDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good but the service, although capable was just so so.Special Features:
- Average Italian Fare24foodDined on 9/13/2014Assaggio is an average Italian restaurant. A bit over over priced for the quality of the food offered. Service is attentive, however we did feel that we were being rushed. I would hesitate to recommend this restaurant to others.
- LeslieDined on 9/12/2014As always we had a wonderful dinner! The food is always wonderful. Don't miss the potatoe leek soup! You always know the commitment to wonderful service when the owner is ther working along side his employees.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceChristinaEggDined on 9/12/2014Went here while in Seattle when looking for an Italian Restaurant and seeing good reviews on Open Table. The place did not disappoint! Excellent service from the moment we walked in. The food was great too! The marinara sauce was amazing!Special Features:
- Friendly Service Great FoodFoodieFrancesVIPDined on 9/11/2014We have eaten here four times and never been disappointed. The owner greets everyone with a big smile and the wait staff are well trained. Food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried & TrueWSeattleFanDined on 9/11/2014One of our favorite spots for wonderful Italian food. Always a little something creative on the special list as well. Mauro is always welcoming. To regulars and to those that just drop by!Special Features:
- Make Sure Owner is ThereFoodieWannabeDined on 9/4/2014Previous experience was 5 stars, fantastic food, great service. This time, the owner wasn't there, and with the SAME server, the service bordered on poor. Food was still excellent, but had some food allergies in the group requiring minimal accommodation. Server acted as if it was an imposition, and the rest of the time he had the air of tolerating our presence. My only conclusions are a) the server had a bad night prior to our arrival, or b) the warm, effusive boss was elsewhere so he didn't need to keep up the pretense! Regardless, it put a damper on the evening.Special Features:
- Molto bene!ClemensalovespastaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Was looking for a traditional Italian restaurant that had good seafood dishes to offer. Dinner was outstanding from Antipasti through to Dolce! Had the fresh seafood linguine with a lobster cream sauce. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, warm host/ownerHungryinSeattleDined on 8/30/2014Whenever we go to Assagio, the owner/host is always super friendly and this dinner was no exception. He just always seems so happy to see us. I got the roasted Brussels sprouts as an appetizer and they were amazing. I had the pork tenderloin with pancetta and mozzarella for dinner and it was quite good. My friend's husband hit the lasagne and are the whole thing (we practically had to stop him from licking his plate). Everyone enjoyed their meals. The restaurant can be a little on the cozy side and might be tough for large groups, but it was fine for the four of us and would be perfect for Romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian Amer ExperienceRicksReviewsVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were greeted and bid farewell by the owner, enjoyed some fantastic traditional Italian food, enjoyed a great wine list and appreciated attentive and knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- Dinner at AssaggiopmdiDined on 8/28/2014My husband son and I had a wonderful time at Assaggio. The food was great and so was the service. Mauro makes the restaurant so fun and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Assagio's was greatalykat13Dined on 8/25/2014In Seattle a year and have been trying all the new dining options here. This was such a wonderful surprise, steak was incredibly tender and flavorful. They had a special 1995 wine from a small run that was amazing. This in on our go to list, loved it!Special Features:
- Best bang for the buckDenbobDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit for late dinner, and loved everything about it. My wife and I loved our entries, the wine, and our desert. Can't wait to go again next time we are in Seattle. The price was excellent as well, and compared to Aqua on pier 70, the food was better here for less than half the cost. Forget the high end joints, this was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our night, from the start we were greeted warmly at the door, the food was great, the service was there when you needed them and best of all, we weren't rushed. I highly recommend AssaggioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bday DinnerSRoseDined on 8/22/2014The food was amazing, the service was amazing (thanks, Alessandro!), and it was all-around an exceptional visit for my birthday dinner with family. I don't find food that really "wow"s me that often anymore, but my Brasato and my brother's Gnocchi, and my Mom's Eggplant Parmesan, were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You're family!GriffinBlueDined on 8/21/2014If your favorite, Italian uncle owned an amazing restaurant...this would be it. Mauro, the owner, will greet you at the door as if you are family. You will be whisked to a table where your food journey can begin. I've dined here many times--birthdays, pre-show (Moore) dining, and on dates. The food is always perfect, the atmosphere is reminiscent of a New York restaurant, and the staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal chewyJoeRDined on 8/21/2014The Veall Parm. contained a cut of veal that was very chewy and not tender at all. The sauce was okay but the veal breading not crisp at all.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantElizabethDined on 8/20/2014Came across this restaurant in Seattle and it was a gem. Close enough to walk to from downtown/pike Place and food was good old fashioned authentic Italian cooking. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great repeat visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014We first came across Assaggio in 2012, when it was recommended to us by a hotel Concierge. Being creatures of habit we decided to return last week and it was just as good as we remembered. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a patio table (there was one ready inside, but we wanted to enjoy a beautiful summer evening) and, once we were seated, everything went like clockwork - water, bread and oil/vinegar came right away and our waiter came over quickly to take our wine order. The food was delicious and abundant - we shared an appetizer (pappardelle) and should have shared an entree as neither of us could finish (I had the short rib and DH had the filet). We can't wait to go back!Special Features: