2010 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggioseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 441-1399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mauro Golmarvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We do not have a formal private dining room; however, we offer a semi-private area that can accommodate up to 16 people.
A word from Assaggio
Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Assaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (90)fit for foodies (88)special occasion (63)romantic (48)notable wine list (46)good for groups (41)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (19)great for lunch (18)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (2)Show More
- the food at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/7/2008the food at this restaurant was outstanding and unique. The service was great as well. Overall a great restaurant. I would absolutely go again.Special Features:
- We had the most amazing time.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2008We had the most amazing time. I just wish I would have written down the wine choice it was amazing and perfect for everyone. The Brussel Sprout Antipasti was to die for and my veal was perfect. This is a great resaurant, and has something for everyone event he pickiest eater. The atmosphere was terrific and the waitstaff and manager were most accomodating.Special Features:
- The food is excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2008The food is excellent and the service is outstanding. We flew to Seattle from Boise, Idaho just to have the Paperadelle Cinghale. It is the best we have had outside of Italy.Special Features:
- Great pasta and nice varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2008Great pasta and nice variety of protion sizes. Wonderful location for Moore or Cinemax. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the food very much!Special Features:
- Nice place, excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/24/2008Nice place, excellent food, quite crowded with tables extremely close together.Special Features:
- Some of the best food in Seattle,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2008Some of the best food in Seattle, certainly my favorite Italian. Excellent service outside of having to ask for a couple of things twice.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2008Excellent food, excellent service. I was seated immediately upon arrival at my reservation time. Busy Saturday evening but never felt rushed. One of my favorite Seattle restaurants!Special Features:
- I do not recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2008I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone who has tastebuds.
- Assaggio is an italian eventmurphDined on 9/18/2008Assaggio is an italian event that should not be missed. Their attention to detail, and customer care is second to none. Adding to the most delicious menu is a wine list that will provide a suitable wine for everyone's taste, and wallet. The owner, Mauro, greets everyone as iff they were family. This is a wonderful Belltown restaraunt.Special Features:
- I'm from out of town and IOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2008I'm from out of town and I am recommending this reastaurant to everyone I know who are travelling to SeattleSpecial Features:
- Assaggio is one of Seattle'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2008Assaggio is one of Seattle's standard bearer Italian restaurants. This is not a "hit or miss" place. I've found it to be, if not transcendent, simply very consistent in its preparation of traditional northern Italian cuisine. I recommend risotto dishes here. Not especially atmospheric or elegant, yet not unsophisticated, its a great "safe bet" restaurant for an occasion like a first date. And after dinner, you can cross the street to Dahlia Lounge for late night cocktails.Special Features:
- Had dinner twice at Assaggio.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2008Had dinner twice at Assaggio. Had the same meal both times and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Insalata Francesca (basically a Waldorf salad) is good, as well as the minestrone soup (which is vegetarian safe). The gnocchi with brown butter sauce is delicious! Tiramisu or tartufo for dessert is also nice. Service varied - on the first visit, the service was good... until they got a little busy and I became invisible. The second visit was fine.Special Features:
- We made our reservation kindLMICHVIPDined on 9/3/2008We made our reservation kind of last minute but when we got there they were closing and had not seen we made one online. They accommodated us nonetheless and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- You will always be made toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2008You will always be made to feel like home here. The owner greats everyone with warmth and the food is great! It is our favorite place for Italian cuisine in Seattle.Special Features:
- The owner is such a characterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2008The owner is such a character and part of the experience. Also the service includes a wine steward and all the people work together seamlessly under the watchful eye of the owner.Special Features:
- Very nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/15/2008Very nice dining experience served at a nice pace with a professional and friendly staff. One of the nicest things to see printed on any menu was an invitation for patrons to feel free to ask for special requests. Assiago wants to please and they did. The pappardelle with boar and angel hair with shrimp were delicious and the sangiovese a nice match with both entrees. The panna cotta we shared was not quite creamy enough for our taste.Special Features:
- Elegant outdoor dining underOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2008Elegant outdoor dining under large trees along Fourth Avenue.Special Features:
- We were there 10 years agoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2008We were there 10 years ago and it is still great. Same owner. Waiters have generally been around 9 or 10 years as well. Smooth waiters who do not intrude with dumb questions: "everything alright?" Nor do they intrude when you are in the middle of an important question to ask their own important questions. They actually think of you as customers. VTWSpecial Features:
- Very warm, friendly atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/12/2008Very warm, friendly atmosphere. Service was good and food was excellent.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2008We had a wonderful meal, great service and will come again!Special Features:
- Assaggio was super busy onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2008Assaggio was super busy on this trip. Our pasta preparation was underdone. My lamb shank had an uninteresting sauce and was on top of plain rice. This preparation usually has risotto or polenta. Something was amiss in the kitchen this night. We had only had great experiences prior to this.
- Centrally located, this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2008Centrally located, this restaurant was enjoying a good night of business when we arrived, which likely explains the rather closely-placed tables. The service was attentive and knowledgeable and the menu most attractive. The lamb shank was wonderful and served on the best rissotto I have ever tasted. The osso bucco was likewise enjoyed. The food prices were good we felt and not particularly in line with the wine prices which we felt were a bit steep. The atmosphere was warm, friendly and everybody sounded as if they were having a good evening.
- The food at Assaggio is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2008The food at Assaggio is always fantastic. But what was so wonderful on this visit was how welcome they made by 7 year old son. They washed and cut the fruit I brought for him and made a special order for him exactly to his liking. So, not only were my out-of-town guests wow'ed by the food and the service, my son can't wait to go back. Yeah, Assaggio!Special Features:
- I have been here many times,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2008I have been here many times, and still get surprised with something new and tasty every time! The service is quite excellent and the food never fails. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The wait staff - specificallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2008The wait staff - specifically Paul - was wonderful and the sommelier Kristin recommended a wonderful bottle of wine.
- I love the food here. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2008I love the food here. The service was a little slow, but the waiter was attentive even though he was busy. One of the things I love about this restaurant is that the food is always served piping hot. You wait for the food, not the other way around. We had a nice quiet table and I'm sure we were the loudest people there.Special Features:
- The radicchio appetizer isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2008The radicchio appetizer is simply amazing, one of the best things I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- The genuine hospitality andBrunchDined on 7/16/2008The genuine hospitality and talent of the owner, host and chef is evident throughout all phases of this operation. Knowledgable and friendly service, charming setting, and a talented kitchen staff make for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- This was my third visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/15/2008This was my third visit to Assaggio and it just keeps getting better. I always feel welcome and enjoy the very personable experience. I have taken business clients, family, and more recently a date and all three experiences were wonderful! The wine service was tailored to fit our requests and the meal was impeccable. I will continue to choose Assaggio as my favorite gem!Special Features:
- starters were good, but mainOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2008starters were good, but main course Osso buco was all bones and fat very little meat. was not happy.
- I frequent Assagio's roughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2008I frequent Assagio's roughly twice per year. The owner must have been on vacation this time. Waitress simply went through the motions. Could have received better service from Applebee's. Bought a $100 bottle of wine and when a fly flew into the glass. The waitress simply brought a new empty glass throwing out about $25 worth of good vino. Won't go back!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2008Wonderful restaurant, great food and very friendly staff - great wine recommendations from Matthew who is very knowlegable about both the food and wine list. A must for a retuen visit.Special Features:
- We loved it! Some of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2008We loved it! Some of the best Italian food we have had, great service and very friendly. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Excellent attention to usOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2008Excellent attention to us from the minute we walked in till the time we left. No rush, the courses were paced to allow us to enjoy each one and we were checked on regularly without a feeling of being smothered by wait staff... The food is excellent and the wine list is comprehensive. When one of our group was served the wrong dish it was replaced with the correct dish in short order and another wait person came over and apologized for creating the problem by picking up our dish for her customer.Special Features:
- I had the best meal of theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2008I had the best meal of the year at Assaggio! The halibut special was fantastic - brought to the table nice and hot, just the way I like it.Special Features:
- By far my favorite restaurantJackieDined on 6/19/2008By far my favorite restaurant in Seattle. Terrific service, incredible food, I can't think of a single item I'd recommend they improve on, everything is outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, serviceCafEDined on 6/18/2008The food was excellent, service very good and friendly and the owner made you feel like you were a regular - part of the Assaggio family. Would definately recommend and will be back!
- Service was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008Service was great and the people were friendly A+++Special Features:
- Good service, Fantastic food,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2008Good service, Fantastic food, and that feeling that one could have been in italy at that very moment. At one point the women sitting next to us was asked how was the food, she replied with "the best food I've had in years." I have to agree with her, every dish I tired tasted excellent! We will be back sooner than later. -Eric Prosch-JensenSpecial Features:
- I expected higher-qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/12/2008I expected higher-quality ingredients. The linguine tasted mass-produced and bland, and the arancini were dry. Also, the Pavarotti music felt kind of cliche.Special Features: