500 W. White Horse Pike
Egg Harbor, NJ 08215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggiogalloway.com/
- Phone: 6099653303x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - close, Saturday: 4:00pm - close, Sunday - closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jorge Barreto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your party or business event. You can order from our dinner menu or have it customized to fit your needs. We also have a range of banquet menus for your party or business dinner. Chef Jorge Barreto can also whip up you favorite dish for you to wow your guests when you entertain at home. Contact us for your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The CAPRI Room upstairs at Assagio! is designed to create the perfect impression while accommodating your event's needs with ease and style: corporate luncheons and dinners, board meetings, seminars, pharmaceutical dinners, small weddings, showers and rehearsal dinners up to 45 people. Should your event require special services such as audio/visual equipment, flowers, special occasion cakes or balloons, Assagio! can make arrangements for you. We have our regular dinner menu which we can customize for your event as well as well-priced banquet menus available. Please contact us for more information about having your event in the newly renovated CAPRI Room.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Reyes 609-965-3303x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every weekend during the summer season. Call to see who is playing this weekend!
- Special Events: Chef Jorge Barreto is serving a new Jersey Fresh Menu each weekend this summer. From appetizers through desserts we have homemade dishes made from locally grown produce and fresh caught seafood. We also have our Assaggio! dinner menu available every night so you can enjoy your favorites. Our newest special is $5 BAR BITES at our bar Monday through Friday 4-7. Featuring "a Taste" of our specialties. Enjoy your BAR BITES with $3 Domestic Beers and $5 select drinks and wines by the glass. Come see and taste what everyone is talking about!
A word from Assaggio!
Assaggio! is now open! This newly renovated restaurant features many of your old Tre Figlio favorites as well as imaginative new items. Sit at the big, comfortable bar and have a cocktail, a personal pizza or Shrimp Antoinette. We use only prime meats and the freshest fish available. Our pasta and sauce is all homemade on the premises daily. We are proud of our Wine List that features the very best wine for your enjoyment.The second floor has been renovated for intimate dining by the piano or for your parties. Come by Assaggio! and enjoy a Taste Of Italy. See you soon at Assaggio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Assaggio! - Best Restaurants in Egg Harbor ›
Assaggio! reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always GreatStudioTanDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant is always good, great pastas, meats, all good. The bar tender is especially good and keeps the bar happening with lively conversation. Also knows how to make perfect drinks. The staff is extremely cordial. Try their pasta trio! We frequent Assaggio and often bring guests who become new customers.Special Features:
- Assaggio --EXCELLENT ..Fredw1762VIPDined on 8/14/2014Assaggio is an outstanding restaurant . The service and food is always excellent .Special Features:
- A Great PlaceSatisfiedDined on 7/19/2014I enjoyed my birthday dinner. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion, get together with friends and family, or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageUnhappyDined on 7/10/2014Went for our anniversary. Food was just average not what you would expect for the price. Scallop appetizer was cold, mushroom appetizer was served way too hot to eat before it cooled down. Entree's were salmon which again was cold, the pork chop was ok. You could tell it was a family owned business as those people who were known got primo service and that left the rest of us. First and last time spending the money...wasn't impressed.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We love Assagio.....every time we go we have a wonderful meal and feel like family!Special Features:
- CelebrationJerseygirl57Dined on 6/17/2014We went to Assaggio to celebrate my Sister's wedding. What a great choice. The place was very nice. Our server, Cassie was so nice and she did a wonderful job taking care of us. The food from appetizers to entree was delicious. Portions were a nice size too. We did not leave hungry. Try the calamari and the cappalini and crab. My husband had the stuffed pork chop. It was huge and delicious. The seafood over pasta was wonderful too. Loaded with shrimp, scallops, clams and mussels. We did not have dessert as we were stuffed, but the owner brought us a plate of homemade biscotti that were out of this world. Give this place a try. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine experienceCarsonetDined on 6/12/2014Our dinner at Assaggio was just as nice as we've come to expect. This service, food and atmosphere is welcoming and high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good valueNum1av8rDined on 6/9/2014The sauces were great. Kudos to the suis chef. A little disappointment on the service but not bad overall. Meal presentation was good. The pasta superb. Disappointed no Canolis. The salad Assagio was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great value for the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2014I found the rather common dishes at Assaggio to be high priced, particularly because none of them included even a simple house salad. If I had to return I would order one of the tastier appetizers we tried and a nice goat cheese salad I tasted. The service was good and the proprietor was very welcoming. The atmosphere was "nothing to write home about". Had the dinner crowd been larger I am betting the noise level might have been intolerable. This is unfortunate, since I always wish for a new business to succeed, particularly when I find the owner to be hard working and amicable.
- Glad we wentMikeandKellyDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I were apprehensive to try Assaggio. We loved it when it was Tre Figlio and assumed it would never compare. On a whim, we decided to give it a try. We are glad we did. We were promptly greeted at arrival and immediately seated. We soon noticed that the restaurant had been remodeled and the bar area expanded. The new decor had a nice relaxing feel to it. The server was prompt, attentative and was more than willing to allow me to customize my dinner selection. Dinner was great and the server kept good tabs on us throughout. Also, the owner stopped by the table to greet us and make sure everything was satisfactory. After dinner we went over to the bar where we met some regulars and had a great time. We will definatly be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- probably my last visitJimmyCrystalDined on 5/24/2014Tre Figlio was better. $300 bill and we had to send 2 dishes back for being overbooked and the rest was nothing special and not worth the priceSpecial Features:
- ServiceJackie6Dined on 5/23/2014The food was absolutely delicious. However, there is a long wait between salad and the main course . I experienced this twice in 6 months. The restaurant wasn't very crowded. Would have appreciated either a complimentary beverage or dessert or some recognition by the waiter for the long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not an Enjoyable Event NightDiningDuoVIPDined on 5/12/2014Last Monday was a special event "Piano Night" advertised through emails, etc. I made a reservation for two at 7:30 p.m. through opentable. I arrived on time. The hostess escorted us upstairs to a very noisy standing room only bar area. There were several occupied dining tables throughout the room. We were told, even though we had a reservation, there was nothing available. We were told people just came in and sat down wherever they wanted. It will be a looooong time before I go back to Assagio for a "special event".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2014All four members of our party loved their meal from appetizer to dessert. The service was especially warm and welcoming. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- The following 309 reviews are from the Assaggio! reviews archive.
- Perfect place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2014There were four in our party and we all had different salads and meals. Every meal was prepared well presented simply and met all our expectations and more for taste and quality. The service was excellent from the front door to the time we left and it even included a visit from the chef. We will be back and our guests from Conn visit every two years and this was the second time they ate here.
- mpeatsoutDined on 4/20/2014It was lovely and the service was very nice. It is a restaurant I have been to before and will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its on our "will return" listCynthiaDined on 4/20/2014We wanted to try a new restaurant for Easter Dinner. Assaggio was great. The owner, Mary, greeted us at the entrance. The bar area is charming and the bartender, the owner's son, was attentive and went out of his way to make us comfortable. The dinner was excellent. I had the lamb chops that looked like steaks: think and tender, with a marsela sauce. The broccoli rabe was done perfectly. My spouse had the eggplant, and we plan to return in a couple of weeks. I wanted crab cocktail and it was not on the menu, but the waiter checked with the chef and he made it for me. The chef came to our table as well. The wait staff was attentive and professional as well. We loved it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceklipbrunoDined on 4/12/2014Cozy with wonderful food! Try the chicken Marlee! Great time all aroundSpecial Features:
- A not missKuchita07Dined on 4/5/2014This place us awesome. Great unique dishes. They are beyond good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal with friendsCarsonetDined on 4/4/2014A lovely spot we count on for dinner and a glass of wine. We met friends from out of town and had a fine dinner. We were heading on to another event, so we ate lightly. We enjoyed two appetizers: the broccoli rabe with sausage and the eggplant rolletini. We ended up both ordering the delicious shrimp and linguine with pesto as our entrees. Service was attentive but not hovering. A very nice experience.Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food was very good service was good you really have to try it yourself to make a good commentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor inattentive service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Poor inattentive service. The food was average Italian, Not worth the price. On a positive note the portions were generous. OK but nothing special. Not a place to go for a special meal or event.
- Fantastic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014From the moment I walked in I felt like I was swept away into a romantic and cozy restaurant. The staff was very friendly and extremely attentive. The menu had plenty to choose from and they were very accomadating in creating special dishes. The homemade pastas were delicious served along with their homemade sauces. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Italian food and a great and welcoming atmosphere to go along with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great place. Mary theGeorgeDined on 3/14/2014Just a great place. Mary the owner has done a great job with the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2014I really didn't know what to expect when we came to Assaggio. No one I knew had been here before. I bet they will now, since I've told them all about it. We went for AC Restaurant Week and each had 3 separate courses. The caponata they served with the bread was so good, we bought some to take home with us! The portions were large and each entree came with a side dish, something that some of the other restaurants we tried was lacking. The green beans and roasted potatoes were beautifully seasoned and the dijon alfredo chicken was fantastic. All the sauces and seasonings on the courses were perfect. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed restaurant week selectionsFinedinerVIPDined on 3/8/2014Enjoyed restaurant week selections at this restaurant. All courses were delicious and the service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2014Dined here during Atlantic City's Restaurant Week. The food was good, service was fine, seating was a bit tight. As it is approximately a one-half hour drive for me, I don't know that I'd go back. My daughter had wanted the pasta trio all in blush sauce (vodka sauce) & that seemed to be a bit of a difficulty for the cook, as it came out with the three different sauces. There was nothing remarkable about the food or service, although the manager/owner did try to pick up for the over-burdened wait staff. If you're in the area, this wouldn't be a bad place to stop. Just don't make a special trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJJayDined on 3/8/2014Every course was delicious! The staff is so friendly...I will definitely come again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AC Restaurant WeekJELinwoodDined on 3/7/2014I am so glad to have found this excellent dining experience outside Atlantic City. What a delightful ambiance, singer/guitar player softly in the background. The owner and staff make you feel so welcome as you enter. Excellent food and great service from Bridget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice for special occassionsCarnivoreDined on 3/7/2014Very good food; good service and reasonable prices. Good wine and nice music (on certain evenings only).We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only negative about theRadrmike6Dined on 3/7/2014The only negative about the evening was the gnocchi. It was a little too soft for my palate I needed a little more al denteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD WAS EXCELENT OUR SERVERpaulcDined on 3/6/2014FOOD WAS EXCELENT OUR SERVER SARAH WAS VERY GOOD! WE WILL RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JohnDined on 3/4/2014Newly renovated bar and dining area is great. The food was marvelous and the staff were very attentive and excellent in every way! I will recommend this restaurant to all my friends. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So Dinner for Restaurant WeekRazzleDazzle7Dined on 3/4/2014Dined here for dinner during Restaurant Week. One of my dining companions noticed immediately that a seafood dish was no longer offered on the Restaurant Week menu. She was very disappointed as this was the entree she had planned to order. I got the Eggplant Rollatini appetizer which was OK. My entree was Stuffed Flounder which was just OK also. My dessert was Biscotti...3 cookies...which were just OK. The other dessert choices were Creme Brulee which I don't care for and Ricotta Pie which I don't care for also. My dining companion got the veal dish which was a heavily breaded piece of veal obscured by a large amount of some sort of greenery which we couldn't figure out. My friend did not care for it nor for the presentation. Mediocre.
- Dinner GiftBenandJerryDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I received a gift certificate to Assaggio! for Christmas. We were greeted most cordially when we arrived. Our server was pleasant, helpful with suggestions, and thorough. The dining room has a nice, cozy ambience. Most importantly, our dinners- seafood pescatore for me and shrimp & linguine w/ mushrooms and pesto for my husband - were DELICIOUS!! Perfectly cooked and large portions. During the meal, the owner came to our table to thank us for coming and we had a brief, friendly chat with her. Lovely touch. We were so pleased with our dining experience that we recently purchased some Assaggio! gift certificates for our pastors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss out!JoanieDined on 2/21/2014Fantastic as always. We loved the new menu that included some of the old favorites and new additions. We all tried something different and everyone was very pleased with the new tastes. Planning another visit, so many new choices that we can't wait to try'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KatherineDined on 2/18/2014Went here with the group from work and had a wonderful time! The food was excellent pasta was homemade with an extensive wine listSpecial Features:
- We've been to this restaurantAnomyousDined on 2/18/2014We've been to this restaurant many times, in a group of four, and for family birthday dinners. We have never been disappointed. Hoping to be back for restaurant week 2014, and may times this year.Special Features:
- Dinner and a drink.GeorgeDined on 2/15/2014The bartender, Dan is a pleasure to talk with. Oh, yea, and makes a great drink. The owner is among all the people and is always looking to make your experience a fantastic one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was alrightVeryslow123Dined on 2/15/2014I believe you go there for the romantic dinning experience We were not be impressed by the food and the small portions. Girlfriend had exactly 2 shrimp in her pasta and I had 2 pieces of crab in my stuffed flounder.Special Features: