500 W. White Horse Pike
Egg Harbor, NJ 08215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggiogalloway.com/
- Phone: (609) 965-3303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - close, Saturday: 4:00pm - close, Sunday - closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jorge Barreto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would love to cater your party or business event. You can order from our dinner menu or have it customized to fit your needs. We also have a range of banquet menus for your party or business dinner. Chef Jorge Barreto can also whip up you favorite dish for you to wow your guests when you entertain at home. Contact us for your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The CAPRI Room upstairs at Assagio! is designed to create the perfect impression while accommodating your event's needs with ease and style: corporate luncheons and dinners, board meetings, seminars, pharmaceutical dinners, small weddings, showers and rehearsal dinners up to 45 people. Should your event require special services such as audio/visual equipment, flowers, special occasion cakes or balloons, Assagio! can make arrangements for you. We have our regular dinner menu which we can customize for your event as well as well-priced banquet menus available. Please contact us for more information about having your event in the newly renovated CAPRI Room.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Reyes 609-965-3303x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every weekend during the summer season. Call to see who is playing this weekend!
- Special Events: Chef Jorge Barreto is serving a new Jersey Fresh Menu each weekend this summer. From appetizers through desserts we have homemade dishes made from locally grown produce and fresh caught seafood. We also have our Assaggio! dinner menu available every night so you can enjoy your favorites. Our newest special is $5 BAR BITES at our bar Monday through Friday 4-7. Featuring "a Taste" of our specialties. Enjoy your BAR BITES with $3 Domestic Beers and $5 select drinks and wines by the glass. Come see and taste what everyone is talking about!
A word from Assaggio!
Assaggio! is now open! This newly renovated restaurant features many of your old Tre Figlio favorites as well as imaginative new items. Sit at the big, comfortable bar and have a cocktail, a personal pizza or Shrimp Antoinette. We use only prime meats and the freshest fish available. Our pasta and sauce is all homemade on the premises daily. We are proud of our Wine List that features the very best wine for your enjoyment.The second floor has been renovated for intimate dining by the piano or for your parties. Come by Assaggio! and enjoy a Taste Of Italy. See you soon at Assaggio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Assaggio! - Best Restaurants in Egg Harbor ›
Assaggio! reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)romantic (12)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (10)special occasion (8)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great dinnerJJayDined on 3/8/2014Every course was delicious! The staff is so friendly...I will definitely come again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AC Restaurant WeekJELinwoodDined on 3/7/2014I am so glad to have found this excellent dining experience outside Atlantic City. What a delightful ambiance, singer/guitar player softly in the background. The owner and staff make you feel so welcome as you enter. Excellent food and great service from Bridget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice for special occassionsCarnivoreDined on 3/7/2014Very good food; good service and reasonable prices. Good wine and nice music (on certain evenings only).We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only negative about theRadrmike6Dined on 3/7/2014The only negative about the evening was the gnocchi. It was a little too soft for my palate I needed a little more al denteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD WAS EXCELENT OUR SERVERpaulcDined on 3/6/2014FOOD WAS EXCELENT OUR SERVER SARAH WAS VERY GOOD! WE WILL RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JohnDined on 3/4/2014Newly renovated bar and dining area is great. The food was marvelous and the staff were very attentive and excellent in every way! I will recommend this restaurant to all my friends. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So Dinner for Restaurant WeekRazzleDazzle7Dined on 3/4/2014Dined here for dinner during Restaurant Week. One of my dining companions noticed immediately that a seafood dish was no longer offered on the Restaurant Week menu. She was very disappointed as this was the entree she had planned to order. I got the Eggplant Rollatini appetizer which was OK. My entree was Stuffed Flounder which was just OK also. My dessert was Biscotti...3 cookies...which were just OK. The other dessert choices were Creme Brulee which I don't care for and Ricotta Pie which I don't care for also. My dining companion got the veal dish which was a heavily breaded piece of veal obscured by a large amount of some sort of greenery which we couldn't figure out. My friend did not care for it nor for the presentation. Mediocre.
- Dinner GiftBenandJerryDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I received a gift certificate to Assaggio! for Christmas. We were greeted most cordially when we arrived. Our server was pleasant, helpful with suggestions, and thorough. The dining room has a nice, cozy ambience. Most importantly, our dinners- seafood pescatore for me and shrimp & linguine w/ mushrooms and pesto for my husband - were DELICIOUS!! Perfectly cooked and large portions. During the meal, the owner came to our table to thank us for coming and we had a brief, friendly chat with her. Lovely touch. We were so pleased with our dining experience that we recently purchased some Assaggio! gift certificates for our pastors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss out!JoanieDined on 2/21/2014Fantastic as always. We loved the new menu that included some of the old favorites and new additions. We all tried something different and everyone was very pleased with the new tastes. Planning another visit, so many new choices that we can't wait to try'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KatherineDined on 2/18/2014Went here with the group from work and had a wonderful time! The food was excellent pasta was homemade with an extensive wine listSpecial Features:
- We've been to this restaurantAnomyousDined on 2/18/2014We've been to this restaurant many times, in a group of four, and for family birthday dinners. We have never been disappointed. Hoping to be back for restaurant week 2014, and may times this year.Special Features:
- Dinner and a drink.GeorgeDined on 2/15/2014The bartender, Dan is a pleasure to talk with. Oh, yea, and makes a great drink. The owner is among all the people and is always looking to make your experience a fantastic one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was alrightVeryslow123Dined on 2/15/2014I believe you go there for the romantic dinning experience We were not be impressed by the food and the small portions. Girlfriend had exactly 2 shrimp in her pasta and I had 2 pieces of crab in my stuffed flounder.Special Features:
- Good food and great owner!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Good food and great owner!!! They take very good care of you And work hard to keep you happy I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had high hopes1996Z15Dined on 2/14/2014The décor and ambiance we very nice, the service was excellent; our waiter was attentive without being a nuisance. We tried the calamari with peppers and marinara sauce. The only complaint with that was the sauce was served on the calamari instead of as a dipping sauce which made the breading soggy. The tomato tower was a nice surprise; I bet it's really good when the Jersey tomatoes are in season. I ordered one of the dinner specials; grilled chicken with shrimp over angel hair in a rosa sauce. Sounds good, and I bet it would have been had the chef decided to leave out the Sambucca. All in all it was an okay dinning experience but, I am not writing the place off just yet; my wife and I will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experiencePerksViewDined on 2/14/2014One of the best restaurants in South Jersey. The food and service was outstanding. If you like fresh pasta and traditional Italian food this is the place for you. This was our second trip here in about 3 weeks. The food and service surpassed our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Dinner Ever!!!barby61Dined on 1/24/2014I just want to say what a wonderful time we had at Assiago. The service was fully attentive to our needs which by the way there were 10 of us. The atmosphere was comfortable, beautiful, and relaxed. The food was amazing. I had the sesame crusted tuna and it was absolutely delicious. Everyone had veal or pasta and there wasn't one complaint. They loved their meals. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone who enjoys a total eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a FindPerksViewDined on 1/24/2014The food and service was outstanding. If you want freshly prepared Italian food this place is for you. I would recommend Assaggio for any occasion. The quantity of food was just right. The quality was better then we expected. An added surprise was when we were personally thanked by the owner for stopping in to try them out. (This is Something that you don't see enough of). The veal franchaise was perfect and did I mention it had chunks of crab meat. My wife had the seafood pastatore - a nothing amazing dish with homemade pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL OLD WORLD ITALIANJIMMYDined on 1/20/2014WONDERFUL OLD WORLD ITALIAN COOKING WITH A MODERN FLARE. TRY THE PAPARDELLE ARRABIATA, HOME MADE WITH WONDERFUL TOMATOES AND HOT PEPPERS. THE INDIVIDUAL PIZZA MARGERHITA COMES WITH A LOVELY CRISPY CRUST SUROUNDING TOMATOES AND MOZZARELLA CHEESE. THE WARM CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM IS TO DIE FOR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lovely evening out!swdenDined on 1/18/2014A great place to have a nice relaxing dinner. The food is great and always something to look forward too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceKarlDined on 12/14/2013Assagio is a great little Italian restaurant! Service was excellent with friendly staff! Food was terrific! Well priced! Assagio is right on Rte. 30 about 12 miles west of Atlantic CIty. I would strongly suggest stopping by on the way to AC, or even going there if staying in AC. It is well worth the travel!Special Features:
- Excellent experience on ThanksgivinarimarDined on 11/28/2013Excellent experience on Thanksgiving Day. Food was was very well prepared and very good. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Different & Good Thanksgiving MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013My sister-in-law and I went to Assaggio's for Thanksgiving dinner. We both ordered turkey and it was excellent. It was rolled breast with a delicious stuffung. The homemade pumpkin raisin bread was excellent as well as the butternut squash soup (not quite as rich as other places - which was nice given the large dinner ahead). Sweet potato was excellent. I found the green beans a little to al dente. The mashed potatoes and the pumpkin pie were a little on the bland side. But, overall good food and a very enjoyable experience. Nice wine selection also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!RichHDined on 11/19/2013Food, service, atmosphere, price all great! I had the shrimp and mushroom pasta served with garlic olive oil and pesto. It was one of the best italian dishes I've had in a long time and the pasta made on the premises. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Assaggio, a local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Excellently prepared food. Tomato sauces are delicious, salads tasty, calamari is perfection itself, and homemade pasta is superb. The restaurant is cozy, friendly, and attentive to the patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DonLinDined on 11/4/2013This restaurant was a little difficult to find as our GPS sent us to an automotive store. But once we did find it, we were in for an outstanding dining experience. The service was impeccible and the food was wonderful. I had the veal francese with crabmeat which was the best veal I have ever had. My wife had the pasta with mussels and she was delighted with her dish as well. We even had a delightful conversation with the owner of the establishment. We would highly recommend Assaggio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013We dined at TreFiglio's quite often and loved it! - expected Assagio to be similar. The menu was very limited; the food was good but not exceptional. Don't think we will return.
- Pleasantly SurprisedMIROWDined on 11/2/2013We had previously dined at this location when it was Tré Figlo and liked it very much. Upon learning that the restaurant had changed ownership (and unwilling to dine at the overpriced and underwhelming casino options) we decided to give it a try. Assaggio was wonderful! Our server, Meghan, was charming and attentive. The food was delicious (even though the menu is a little limited) and there was even live music! We would put Assaggio in our regular dining rotation if it was a little closer...we're about 40 minutes away...but we will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Awesome as always!Kuchita07Dined on 11/1/2013This place gets better and better every time we go. They were accommodating allow us to share plates for the Apps, Salad course, and Pasta Course. Then I was able to order a special they advertised through email earlier in the week and the chef was happy to make it for me. The topper: The Boo Martini! what an inventive idea for a dessert Martini. Assaggio is always inventive with their menu, dishes, wine list and creative Martini. the shame of it is we only visit in the summer and live too far away to frequent but when we are in town, that's our spot. Thank you also to the server Megan whom was spectacular taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly atmosphereluv2gooutDined on 10/26/2013Assaggio has a really friendly neighborhood vibe , even though it is on a busy highway. The owner Mary comes around to all the tables to make sure you are enjoying yourself. The food is good, the pasta is homemade but on our last visit it was a little tough. their veal is very good and cooked perfectly. The plates always come out nice and hot. Great cocktails and good service make this a restaurant to revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot wait to go back!AssagioDined on 10/5/2013Assagio was all around excellent! I was referred by a client to freuqent this restaurant and was so glad I finally made it! The atmosphere was perfect! The pianist/songtress was amazing and just added a perfect touch to our dinner. We had a party of 4 and there was not one compalint about the meal, service, atmosphere or anything. The food was done exactly how it should have been and was just delicious! We are lookignforward to gogin back again were satisfied completely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service spottyhadhigherexpectationsDined on 9/28/2013Service was very good initially, but after "shift change" our waitress disappeared to the upstairs dining room for 45 minutes and no one told us what was happened. Food was good, but not exceptionalI would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAnniversaDined on 9/24/2013We had been to Assiago in the summer for Pasta Tuesday and it was great. It was our anniversary and we decided to go back to our neighborhood gem- It was even better the second time. My only regret is that I can't dine there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great DinnerlisaDined on 8/17/2013My husband and I were staying in the area and my parents were going to be joining us for dinner. We were looking for a nice place to try. We read some reviews about Assaggio! and decided to go there. We were not disappointed! We went for a very early dinner and we had the place to ourselves for most of our meal. The staff was super friendly, and our waitress was very attentive. The food was really fantastic. The food definitely tasted homemade and the ambiance was nice too. One of the great things was that they offered a "taste" portion of the pasta which was a nice option. We were very happy with our overall experience and would certainly go again if we were in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysKuchita07Dined on 8/15/2013Despite being overwhelmed with the amount of people that were at the tables, the food was great and the server was able to do a great job under the situation. We love coming from central NJ an hour and a half to eat there. They are accommodating and the owner is always so nice. Even after this being our third time she remembered us! That means a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Homemade Pasta!AnniversaDined on 8/13/2013We went to Pasta Tuesday and took advantage of the specials on homemade pasta. There were so many delicious choices that it was hard to make a decision! We tried the shrimp scampi and the capellini with pancetta and peas. Both were excellent; we'll have to go back again to try the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world Italian classicKenhVIPDined on 8/10/2013Fresh pasta, excellent meatballs, good seafood, nice wine list and great service. This place is doing it right at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MistakerecentDined on 8/8/2013We counted on the reviews from other Open Tablers. The two good things about the restaurant were the scallop appetizer was very good as was the panna cotta dessert. Otherwise the scallop pasta and the veal satimboca were unpalatable. The server was nice but was not informed about menu items. Met the owner and bartender who were very nice. Don't go!
- Nice SurpriseMrsGlassDined on 7/27/2013From the outside Assaggio did not look impressive. My group considered finding another place to dine. I convinced them to at least go inside before making a final decision. When we walked through the door we found a small, quiet, uncrowded, charming dining room and bar area. The hostess was friendly and seated us immediately. The restaurant had a comfortable, casual ambience. The menu is a bit limited, so you may want to check it out before you go. Two people in our party ordered the grilled pork chop which was delicious! Our server was very attentive and the whole staff very friendly. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealreserveVIPDined on 7/20/2013We have been diners at Trefiglio and have continued with Assaggio. It is consistently good which is a good thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.