2010 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggioseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064411399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mauro Golmarvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We do not have a formal private dining room; however, we offer a semi-private area that can accommodate up to 16 people.
A word from Assaggio
Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Assaggio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Assaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (65)special occasion (58)romantic (57)notable wine list (45)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (38)great for lunch (23)hot spot (17)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Assagio's was greatalykat13Dined on 8/25/2014In Seattle a year and have been trying all the new dining options here. This was such a wonderful surprise, steak was incredibly tender and flavorful. They had a special 1995 wine from a small run that was amazing. This in on our go to list, loved it!Special Features:
- Best bang for the buckOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit for late dinner, and loved everything about it. My wife and I loved our entries, the wine, and our desert. Can't wait to go again next time we are in Seattle. The price was excellent as well, and compared to Aqua on pier 70, the food was better here for less than half the cost. Forget the high end joints, this was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our night, from the start we were greeted warmly at the door, the food was great, the service was there when you needed them and best of all, we weren't rushed. I highly recommend AssaggioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bday DinnerSRoseDined on 8/22/2014The food was amazing, the service was amazing (thanks, Alessandro!), and it was all-around an exceptional visit for my birthday dinner with family. I don't find food that really "wow"s me that often anymore, but my Brasato and my brother's Gnocchi, and my Mom's Eggplant Parmesan, were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You're family!GriffinBlueDined on 8/21/2014If your favorite, Italian uncle owned an amazing restaurant...this would be it. Mauro, the owner, will greet you at the door as if you are family. You will be whisked to a table where your food journey can begin. I've dined here many times--birthdays, pre-show (Moore) dining, and on dates. The food is always perfect, the atmosphere is reminiscent of a New York restaurant, and the staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal chewyJoeRDined on 8/21/2014The Veall Parm. contained a cut of veal that was very chewy and not tender at all. The sauce was okay but the veal breading not crisp at all.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantElizabethDined on 8/20/2014Came across this restaurant in Seattle and it was a gem. Close enough to walk to from downtown/pike Place and food was good old fashioned authentic Italian cooking. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great repeat visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014We first came across Assaggio in 2012, when it was recommended to us by a hotel Concierge. Being creatures of habit we decided to return last week and it was just as good as we remembered. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a patio table (there was one ready inside, but we wanted to enjoy a beautiful summer evening) and, once we were seated, everything went like clockwork - water, bread and oil/vinegar came right away and our waiter came over quickly to take our wine order. The food was delicious and abundant - we shared an appetizer (pappardelle) and should have shared an entree as neither of us could finish (I had the short rib and DH had the filet). We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Delightful Dining ExperienceDineforfunDined on 8/16/2014The owner, Mauro, greets you as you arrive. He loves his restaurant & it shows. The food was divine & you can tell the staff enjoy working there. We enjoyed it so much we ate here twice while on vacation. You need reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for adults and childrenlovethebestDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent, from getting greeted by the owner at arrival, to excellent serving staff. The kitchen will prepare anything not on the menu for kids (pasta related of course), and the portions are enough to fill everyone. I would recommend this restaurant to friends, and will likely return on our next trip to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an Amazing Experience!ashluvsseattleDined on 8/15/2014I've been coming here for years, and the service and food are always exceptional! Mauro always makes you feel so welcome and goes the extra step to make your experience special. I came here recently on a date and had a great meal, amazing wine and fantastic company what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightVinceDined on 8/9/2014Went here for a date night with my girlfriend. The level of customer service was outstanding from the get-go. We received a friendly greeting by the host who went to find if our table was ready. While he was away, two other staff members saw we were waiting at the front and asked if we had been helped. After we sat down we were immediately served bread, poured water, and delivered a wine list. The waiter stopped by after each plate to ask how everything was, top of our wine, and see if there was anything else we needed. Everything was outstanding and fairly priced for the level of quality Overall, could not have had a better experience. Had never been here before and will go back any time we're in the mood for a nice Italian night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had amazing service and food! We will definitely be back! We really enjoyed the margarita pizza and chicken parmesan! I love how the owner takes time to greet every guest! We were treated to salted calomel gelato and it was change your life good! A must when you want Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSeattlefoodieDined on 8/8/2014The service was impeccable, the ambience was friendly and lively and the food was superb! We will definitely go back to try everything on the menu. We had a show to catch and the waiter, owner and other servers were available to ensure we were meeting our time commitment, yet we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was fantastic. The tables were positioned well and it was easy to navigate. Our wait person explained the various food items very clearly and I felt welcome to ask questions. The valet was plesaant and made us feel that the evening was going to be wonderful. We were given a complimentar glass of wonderful desserr wine before we left. Thank you Assaggio! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvItalianDined on 8/7/2014Great veal Parmesan and Gnochi arrancci. Very friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Assaggio'sGenevois2Dined on 8/2/2014Our experience is consistently enjoyable with an ambience and customer activity adding to a nice dinner out. Mauro is always a perfect hostSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !OldRockKnuckelheadDined on 8/2/2014We ate here on a Saturday night, party of 5. Greeted enthusiastically by the maitre'd. Promptly greeted by the waiter, who was just the right mix of helpful knowledge and sarcastic wit. The food was all delicious, everyone ordered different entrees, and every single one was delicious. Highly recommended !!Special Features:
- DeliciousDianaDined on 8/1/2014We were there for dinner and the service was outstanding and the food was delicious. Try the seasonal cucumber beverage!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/28/2014I have dined here before and enjoyed much better food. This time around it was bland, undercooked and poorly executed. Was the chef off on Monday?
- Exquisite!BurgerbeckyVIPDined on 7/28/2014What can I say that wall covered in awards hasn't already said? The pastas are to die for! The wines, perfect! Go, just go!Special Features:
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Had a wonderful experience with great food and extremely professional staff as well as greeted by the owner upon arrivalSpecial Features:
- Best Italian in Seattle.ATriplePDined on 7/26/2014I believe the title says it all. Mauro is an extremely gracious host and is always there and visiting with patrons. Atmosphere was amazing and the food is unbelievable - I had the lamb shank and I still have dreams about it and that was 2 weeks ago!Special Features:
- My favorite Italian in Seattle!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Mauro never disappoints! My husband and I were welcomed and treated like old friends from the moment we arrived. We shared a few appetizers, drank a bottle of GREAT, hard to find wine, and topped it off with tiramisu. What a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestHenryDined on 7/25/2014We had not been here for several years and the menu and the food have taken a quantum leap. It has gone from being a very good neighborhood restaurant to one of the best in town. Very extensive menu made it hard to choose, but our pappardelli with wild boar ragout was amazing. Organic veal and lamb which are difficult to find. Excellent glass of chianti for $9.00!Special Features:
- Simply the bestSteelers1Dined on 7/22/2014Incredible food - incredible service - what more could you ask for? This restaurant simply is the best. Mauro and his staff make you feel like you have been invited into his home. My sister in law was outside in the car with my niece who was sleeping and Mauro offered to have some food taken out there for her. That goes way beyond hospitality. That really is what family does for each other. From the caprese - the gnocchi- rigatoni with Italian sausage and tomato cream sauce- the dessert martini the bartender made for me- I am only sorry that I have to go back to Florida. I am a guest for life of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate twice hereJBBSVIPDined on 7/21/2014Was in Seattle for a week and ate here twice because the service and food was so good.Special Features:
- Great fun for dinnerLoyalfanDined on 7/19/2014Assagio is a vibrant neighborhood restaurant. The food is excellent, and the restaurant seems to attract both loyal fans and tourists. It's a safe street with parking in a lot next door. We celebrated my birthday there, and our grown sons like the place on a Friday night. We've been there many times, and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want great food and serviceJBBSVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is a neighborhood gem located just a few blocks from the fish market. The owners greats everyone at the door...knows most of the local customers by name. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. Had the salmon with a side of pasta. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. If you are local or just visiting you can not go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:
- our new favorite Seattle restaurantfamilyfoodloveDined on 7/16/2014Our daughter chose Assaggio as the place to celebrate her 18th birthday. It was magnificent! The food was perfect. Every bite of every dish was simply the best Italian we have ever experienced. Perfect bruschetta with the freshest tomatoes and basil. A new appreciation for exquisite olive oil. Mussels and clams in a delicate broth to die for. The marinara sauce on the Puttanesca was the best we've ever tasted. The gnocchi was divine. The pork loin in a light gravy was fit for the gods. Really. I am not kidding. Every bite we could not believe it was so good. The tiramisu...the coffee. All was perfection. And they made us feel so special. Walking into Assaggio is like being transported to european values. We LOVED it. Our new FAVORITE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gemSanfeb10Dined on 7/16/2014We will be back to Seattle and Assaggio. There are so many wonderful dishes that one needs to come w friends who will share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christie and Bob LOVE Assaggio!SeattleFoodiesfromEverettDined on 7/15/2014From walking up to Assaggio in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood the ambiance and vibe is lively, extremely friendly and welcoming! The professional staff has been there for years and as we've been fortunate enough to go to Assaggio's once or twice a year and the staff remembers us each time. Mauro, owner and chef, is simply and genuinely one of the most gregarious and nicest person you could meet. The food is the BEST Italian you will ever have! I keep trying different dishes and all have proved to exceed my (high) expectations. Try this if you are in Seattle...you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Itaian in seattle!JJreviewerVIPDined on 7/14/2014If you want a friendly atmosphere and great Italian, this is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian food. Bellisimo!AlohaAnnieVIPDined on 7/12/2014The owner chef is from Italy who greets you personally. Real Italian food made with fresh NW ingredients. Cozy ambiance it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoriteWine500VIPDined on 7/10/2014Mauro welcomes his customers as if they are in his own home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodclaudiaDined on 7/10/2014food was good but not outstanding. bread was not freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian DiningVisitorDined on 7/9/2014Just a fabulous meal. The eggplant was out of this world good, and we love eggplant parm. Best we have had outside of Italy (even better than Boston's North End). We also had the halibut which was also amazing. The waiter was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, unfortunately we could remember his name.Special Features:
- Perfect for visiting relativesJammieJAMDined on 7/8/2014The food was amazing, service was perfect. This restaurant is on my must go to when family is in town. Have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableDBonMIVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is without a doubt, the best restaurant I have been to in Seattle. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. There aren't enough good things I can say about Assaggio. The wine list was thorough and that made it hard to choose a wine for the evening...so we had 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian TreasureEpicedoDined on 6/25/2014Everyone praised their pasta and the caprese was delicious. Our waiter was the embodiment of Italy. Fun and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.