Assaggi Mozzarella Bar
4838 Bethesda Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Assaggi Mozzarella Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.assaggirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3019511988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30AM To 2:30PM (Closed from 2:30PM-5PM)Lunch: Saturday-Sunday: 11:30AM To 4PM
Dinner: Monday- Friday: 5:00PM To 10:00PM
Dinner: Saturday-Sunday: 4PM- 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Domenico Cornacchia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call (301) 951-1988 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for information. No private rooms available. Portion of restaurant or entire restaurant available for private events.
- Special Events: Please inquire within for any upcoming events.
A word from Assaggi Mozzarella Bar
Located in the heart of Bethesda- Assaggi Mozzarella Bar is an elegantly rustic restaurant serving only the best authentic Italian cuisine. Through an open kitchen, Chef/Owner Domenico Cornacchia will dazzle you with his precision and passion for true Italian cooking. Each day, he prepares for your table a wonderful menu that features fresh home-made pasta's, the finest meats and seafood, and the freshest ingredients. Domenico also introduces a new concept- a Mozzarella Bar- showcasing an array of superior Mozzarella's for your tasting enjoyment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Assaggi Mozzarella Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fantastic food and serviceBethesdaVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a great time at Assaggi. We all ordered the soft shell crabs, which were fantastic ! We also shared a plate of the charcuterie, which was delicious. The wines were perfect and the service was top notch. We were disappointed to hear that they are closing! This has been a restaurant that we visited every week and it is always busy. Not sure why they are closing, but we will miss them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hmmmeeekVIPDined on 5/11/2014high expectations lead to disappointment. I was really excited about trying this place out. Sadly, everything was mediocre. If you are here make sure you get the mozzarella bar! That was my favorite thing. Everything else was not good, but maybe I didn't order the right things?
- Delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014My wife and I met old friends for dinner. As often, Assaggi ran late on reservation despite staff's energetic efforts to keep up with full house. Wait worth it. Most pleasant waiter escorted us through the evening. Started with sumptuous grilled sardines, pumpkin soup, salad, and creamy burata cheese caprese. Although only 830, disappointed they were out of the Veal Milanese waiter touted highly so settled for veal stew which was hearty and satisfying if not particularly memorable. Wild salmon grilled to perfection: crisp outside & properly just done interior. Ravioli was highly praised as wonderfully flavorful with sauce a nice compliment. Donut dessert - outstanding!-crispy, cream filled with great sauce. Wines by glass all fine.Special Features:
- Good but service slowNancyDined on 5/10/2014We have eaten twice recently at Assaggi Sat night after movie with friends. Both times we have said: good food, slow service. They seem understaffed for their popularity.Special Features:
- That's not a souffle!TuanDined on 5/9/2014The mozzarella sampler and condiments were a great start. And we love the warm and crusty bread. Both my wife and I were very happy with our entrees; the sea bass and capesante were delicately flavorful. For desserts, we tried to decide whether to get 2 or just share one, so we asked our server how big are the desserts. His reply: "normal." Since he was not very helpful, we played it safe and decided to share one, the souffle... which was a big disappointment. What came out reminded me my first attempt to make one at home: a souffle with the consistency of a brownie. Oh well.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/7/2014Food was good as always Service was slow and missing the basics The server was too busy watching tv he couldn't take care of us
- ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/6/2014Thank you to the staff of assaggi to make my dinner special Food and service was top notch
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/4/2014Food here is always good This Sunday was an amazing dinner Thank you to the staff of assaggi
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/4/2014Great experience in this local gem of Bethesda food was amazing can't wait to go back
- Great !BethesdaVIPDined on 5/4/2014We had such a nice meal at Assaggi on Sunday. The restaurant was busy, but we received excellent service. We ordered the night's special, a codfish perfectly cooked with a nice tomato pesto. It was served with a delicious mix of seasonal veggies. We both loved our meals and enjoyed the tiramisu and a chocolate truffle cake for dessert. The wine paired perfectly with our meails. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/3/2014This was a great choice Great food good service Fathy is a great server he made us feel welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ljbarDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food. Had the mozzarella sampler, calamari, mussels and meatballs first. All were delicious. My lobster risotto was outstanding. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable MealJamesVIPDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend. We all enjoyed the mozzarella appetizer and the sides! Tomato jam was delicious with the mozzarella and bread. The pasta dishes were well prepared with a good flavor but a bit too al dente for my wife. The scallops were tender...with no grit. Their side, fennel and leeks, had a good flavor; but, this side dish had a tiny stone in it and a few more gritty pieces. The leeks obviously were not well cleaned. The wine choices were excellent, mine was dry but very smooth with a nice aftertaste. The ratings would have been rated 1-2 stars higher if the pasta were a bit more tender and there was not sand in the side dish; however, I would recommend this to anyone, especially a lover of fine wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and servicejohndDined on 5/3/2014The food and service was excellent as usual. I've dines at Assaggi on numerous occasions and I've never been disappointed. The food is always great and the service is always timely and I never feel pressured to leave. I had brunch this weekend and we were seated outside for over 4 hours and not once did I feel like the staff wanted us to leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best date night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/2/2014Always love dining at Assaggi. Service is impeccable and food is creative and delicious. I forget that I am not on the streets of RomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/2/2014Amazing dinner Thanks to chef Massimo Great lobster ristotto and veal chopSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Italian CuisineLuv2dineDined on 5/2/2014This lovely restaurant was recommended by my sister and lived up to my expectations! The Orecchiette was delicious and my vegetarian friend got the spinaci, mushrooms and pasta dishes. Bellini was great and cannoli was excellent! Would definitely return to check out other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/30/2014Food and service very good Will go back soon and get another fantastic veal chopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated ItalianSteveDined on 4/28/2014We were there on a quiet rainy evening. The service was excellent, the portions were generous, and the menu offered a nice range of Italian favorites and unexpected delights. The Octopus appetizer was a daily special and it was wonderful. We would go there again and have already recommended it to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2014Ordinarily I would rate this restaurant higher and have eaten here a number of times in the past. On this particular visit, a number of items were unavailable on the menu, but the kitchen had apparently not prepared the server with this information. As a result, the friend with whom I am lunching ultimately had to keep re-ordering as the first three of her choices were unavailable, and each time there was a delay before we learned that a new selection had to be made. While I will probably return, I will be reluctant to recommend the restaurant to someone who hasn't eaten there before.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/27/2014We will totally be back soon Food is amazing we enjoyed every dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !BethesdaVIPDined on 4/27/2014We had a really nice dinner at Assaggi on Sunday. As usual, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. We all ordered soft shell crabs and they were very good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014I would not be too quick to return.the food on my latest visit was not up to it's usual standards, and the noise level was overwhelming.Special Features:
- Was a big fan, not so much nowcreativeeaterDined on 4/26/2014We've always really looked forward to dining at Assaggi's. Always greeted nicely, ambiance still very good but the food is less than impressive the last 2 times we've dined. Specifically the most recent dishes during restaurant week: the potato & Leek(?) soup - very bland, no flavor at all, pasta dishes were better but stingy on the seafood in them and the desserts were tiny and tasteless. Not impressed and in no hurry to return. Too bad, I really like the sophisticated Italian ambiance and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/26/2014The service and the food are top notch Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/24/2014the best restaurant week menu i have see in my life soft shell crab,lamb chop,???? no question the best place in bethesda
- funfoodieDined on 4/24/2014This was my first time and I chose items from the restaurant week menu. The food was good, but not outstanding. The sauteed spinach in the entree tasted a bit off. I asked for an iced tea but never received it. I thought the restaurant is good value.Special Features:
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/23/2014great food the service was not very attentive for basic thing like water bread... not sure if i will be back
- Nice RestaurantGourmetFoodLoverDined on 4/22/2014Overall, the food was good. The lamb entree was delicious, and the dessert was very tasty. The mozzarella in the appetizer was really good but the salad accompanying it could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/21/2014This place is amazing Great pasta great Seafood an amazing wine list Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar serviceGraceVIPDined on 3/31/2014Our visit was outstanding top notch service and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/31/2014had a great experience for dinner food and service both terrificSpecial Features:
- Very good food but not a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014Very good food but not a place to go to enjoy intimate conversation. Seems to be a problem with most restaurants these days, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian fare by far!ROBINVIPDined on 3/28/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant! The food was the best Italian fare by far in the area, and I've had my share. I would definitely go back again. The location is wonderful, in the middle of shops and other fine dining with a vibrant atmosphere. The fresh mozzarella was the best I've ever tasted and the pasta was prepared perfectly. They also have an extensive and wonderful wine list. Definitely try their Super Tuscan Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona which is an incredible red wine. The service was also excellent. I'll definitely return for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will be back soonOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/25/2014great experience ,we will return soon the staff is amazingSpecial Features:
- Great Italian FoodShwetaDined on 3/25/2014This is one of the best places to eat authentic italian food. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food!JenniferDined on 3/22/2014The food was absolutely incredible. I had a cheese platter and the server made some great suggestions. My veal was tasty. The cannoli was perfect. The server could have been a little friendlier but all in all it was a great experience. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014Other than the congestion in Bethesda (but they do have valet parking) it was a very pleasant experience. Appetizers were excellent. Main course was plentiful and quite good. Bread was outstanding. Service was top notch. Wine list was not outstanding, but definitely adequate. Overall, I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WinnerPatriciaDined on 3/17/2014I've had many meals at Assaggi, and every,one has been memorable. My love affair with Assaggi continues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/16/2014We had a great dinner on Sunday Food was superb and Fadi our server was top notch We will be back soonSpecial Features: