Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
311 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aspireseasonalkitchen.com/
- Phone: 4015213333x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week! Breakfast from 7am to 10am. Brunch from 10:30am to 2pm, Saturday and Sunday. Dinner from 4pm to 9pm on Sundays and from 5pm to 10pm Monday thru Thursday. Friday and Saturday nights we serve dinner from 5pm to 11pm. A-Bar Lounge is open 7 days a week until Midnight!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jori Rieben
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private wine room is perfect for parties, meetings or dinners for up to 50 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Room accommodates up to 50 people, Executive Boardroom for up to 14 people, two meeting rooms and the outside terrace and park for up to 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Rhonda English 4018618000x105
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday (Joe Potenza Quartet from 7:30- 11:30pm) & Saturday night (changing roster of area's best local talent from 8:30- 11:30pm)
- Special Events: Weekday Wineday- downtown's BEST after work deal! 1/2 price apps and select wine. Weekday nights from 5-7pm (offer not valid on PPAC show nights)
A word from Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen was voted the Best New Restaurant in Rhode Island, by readers of The Phoenix Magazine for 2009. Casual dining, courtyard dining, and a Private Wine Room all add to the experience. Our venue offer contemporary American food with a special emphasis on inventive preparations of ethnic Rhode Island. Aspire offers one of a kind selections of appetizers, steaks and seafood, while the A-bar, Voted the best Restaurant Lounge by the Providence Phoenix, is a beacon for lounge aficionados, boasting an irresistible bar and cocktail menu. Inviting menus complemented by a global wine list and gracious staff all contribute to the elegant, relaxing surroundings that exceed even the highest expectations. Aspire Seasonal Kitchen and A-Bar are located in the heart of downtown and offer complimentary valet parking for all diners. One block from the Providence Performing Arts Center and a quick walk to Trinity, Aspire Seasonal Kitchen is the perfect choice for Theater goers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (34)romantic (32)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (9)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful Service and FoodBosDot76Dined on 8/20/2014The staff was help and attentive with every aspect of our meal from the wines to dessert. They even made sure that we made it to our concert on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Saturday Night Live MusicGoofingDined on 8/16/2014The live music is great fun but the food is just ok. Aspire menu prices tend to be a but pricey because the live music cover is priced into the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014We were staying at the Providence Hotel, too tired to go too far to find something to eat for dinner. The food was so good, we went back the next morning for breakfast.Special Features:
- Modern decor with classic foodIRWWestfieldDined on 8/2/2014Choice of eating in the dining room or the bar and as we were only 2 we chose the bar so we'd be amongst other peoiple. We sat at lovely window table and the bar made a pleasant background scene and added to the abiance. Cocktails were good and reasonably priced and the waitstaff attentive. Both appetizers and entrees were very good but we did not have dessert so cannot rate those. If the weather had been better we would have definitely eaten outside as they have a nice garden on the corner of 2 financial district streets. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraceDined on 8/2/2014There were only 3 tables with patrons seated at them but service was slow and not very attentive. Food was good and well presented but portions were small. My 'beet salad' had two small wedges of beet and the rest was made up of fruit and salad, tasty but not what I was expecting. The rest of the meal was the same, beautifully plated but just lacking something, perhaps it was the lack of diners/ambience? Strangest part of the experience was being presented the cheque attached to a small clipboard made of hardboard/cardboard, totally tacky for such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TasteBudDined on 7/26/2014Had a delicious salmon dish. Dined outside with live Motown band. Nice summer night out at aspire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best alfresco dinning in ProvidenceDinningmasterDined on 7/22/2014Second time taking advantage of Aspire's "Yappee" hour. Great evening all around. Our server (Taylor) was professional, and attentive (even brought the pouch a water dish). Would definitely return, and recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Akward ServicecChaceDined on 7/18/2014The food was really great, but the service was just bizarre and not very good. In their defense it was a busy night, but it definitely threw our experience off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchGrammaRaeDined on 7/18/2014My daughter and I decided to go here for lunch during Restaurant Week. We hadn't eaten downtown in a while so thought it would be a nice change. We sat outside because the day was lovely, thus the noise level and ambiance ratings. Inside would have been 5 stars. Our choice. the food was delicious but it took us 30 minutes for our first course...as the food arrived at the correct temperature this may have been a kitchen issue. Our waiter didn't check back or explain. All in all for a "quick" lunch from the set menu we were there an hour and a half. Not acceptable for lunch. Although the bus person kept our water glasses full, the waiter never asked if we would like another cocktail or something else to drink. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Service-Nothing SpecialmlwhDined on 7/16/2014Just a disclosure - we went for Restaurant Week. Pluses: Wine List=Excellent; Service=Attentive & thorough but not pushy, gave good recommendations Cons: Food was good & well-prepared but not unique; pricy for non-restaurant week; pretty much like every other high end restaurant in Providence; when you're that close to Atwells, you really need to bring it on the desserts!Special Features:
- sivolamaesivolamaeDined on 7/15/2014When we arrived we were seated in the dining area next to the bar. It was very noisy, so we requested a quieter table. The other room was much quieter. The service was attentive, the food was excellent; the quinoa rissoto was excellent, as was the salmon. The free valet parking during the show at PPAC was a bonus, and our car was ready when we got out. Altogether an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great time having dinner at this restaurant! While some of the other restaurants in the area were too full to fit us, this one was able to accommodate a group of 6 on a Saturday night. We were very pleased that the atmosphere was peaceful indoors but we could also hear and see the band playing outside on the patio. We were able to get up and down throughout dinner to go outside and hear some music and the waiters were not annoyed with this at all. Food was delicious and unigue, appetizers were fantastic, and dessert was fun too. Definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a great dinner spot!Special Features:
- lovely outdoor brunchSteveNVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were guests at the hotel and enjoyed a Sunday brunch at Aspire. The food was very good and reasonably priced for fine dining. We sat outside next to a small park-like area near a historic church. It was very charming and a perfect summer brunch. The only problem of note was that the park benches had 3 homeless people sitting and smoking. Obviously that detracted from the view and the smoke was also disturbing. I don't know if the hotel owns the park area, but they definitely need to do something to keep that spot clean and pleasant. Hopefully this review will help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2014tables were well spaced and allowed us to enjoy our meal. They had live music which was a bit loud - we had to shout to each other at point, but the food and service was good and they were able to seat us even though they lost out OT reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.ZlatanIbrahimovicDined on 7/3/2014The drinks were over-priced for what they were. The cocktail list may have had 7 or 8 specialty cocktails, but they couldn't make the first three my date selected because they were out of some ingredients. The one she ended up with was just okay. My Manhattan was fine, but I'd rather have drinks down the street at the Dorrance. We had the pork belly, pulled pork pizza, calamari, and beet salad. The pork belly was very good, but the portions seemed small even for a small plate. The other dishes didn't wow us, but they were certainly tasty enough to take home. Despite hearing of poor service, the serving staff was very attentive and accommodating. The patio is beautiful. We were there on a slow Thursday night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Great decor and service! Food was excellent but limited menu. Very quiet atmosphere with few other diners....recommend going later in the evening if you want some activity/others dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow servingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Great downtown setting in a park. Was there for breakfast 2 mornings during the past week. Everyone in my party liked the food - well prepared, eye appealing plating. Wait staff was friendly. The big problem for my two visits was the slowness for getting the food after the order and getting the bill paid. Good place for a leisurely breakfast.Special Features:
- Such slow service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014We had such slow service and the food was subpar. I really enjoyed my meal (roasted chicken) but the three other patrons I was with were extremely dissatisfied with the lack of quality of theirs (a flimsy caprese salad with chicken, overcooked burger, and average club). It was a whole *hour* before our waiter came over to ask if we wanted another drink (and that was primarily because I waved him over after noticing him not even looking his way at our table).
- Great Outdoor DiningKeithBDined on 6/20/2014Food was Great, Jazz Band was a nice added touch to the Beautiful Xcenic Outdoor Dining, Friendly Crowd in Park like setting with great view of sky & stars make this a worth traveling into the downtown area for dinner or even just for drinks Al-fresco. Confusion on our Server & Service was a bit concerning but in the end I would reccommend it as well as return to for another tryout. Tip - Avoid Busy PPAC & DDC event nights as nearby parking can be at a Premium.Special Features:
- Good food, ambiance, lousy serviceVictoriaVIPDined on 6/15/2014What Aspire has going for it is its outdoor seating, at least in nice weather. If it were not for that, my spouse and I would not return, even though the food was very good. The service was all around terrible, from the person who was supposed to be at the podium waiting to seat guests (she was wandering around, and was also very unprofessionally dressed), to the maitre d' (I believe) who wandered around as well but was inattentive. The server was nice but very harried. She forget to bring one of the items we ordered, took forever to bring us our check and then to pick it back up. No one was checking to see if we needed more water. But: it was lovely to sit outside on a beautiful spring day, eating food that was quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Had a reservation for 8 at 8pm. Upon arrival was given the choice of dining inside or out, and table was immediately prepared. Food was very good, wait staff was excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE !!!LuvaNurseDined on 5/30/2014Made reservations for dinner before going to a show at the PPAC. From the moment of arrival and meeting the Valet - they were very personable. We were 30 minutes late for our reservations and still welcomed with a great big smile and a "no need to apologize - we are glad you made it and your safe". the food was fabulous and the service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not top 10 in RIMiaGDined on 5/29/2014Adherent to (part of) hotel providence but is much better than typical hotel resterraunt. There with party of five. Service was very good and attentive (definitely above average). They moved our table because of noise from bar (band playing) to other end of resteraunt. Most of food was local and was fresh and tasted very good. We had bollegnaise; steak; scallops and gnocchi. Everyone like their food but none raved about it. Among the many excellent resteraunts in providence this is definitely in top 25 but not in top 10. Price was high but not outrageous. Definilty worth a revisit. The outdoor patio is beautiful and bar also looks like worth a few visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Providence FavoritejimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 5/28/2014Aspire has always been a favorite of ours. Even though we no longer live in Rhode Island, we usually always stop by Aspire for a meal. The restaurant and bar space are very nice and comfortable. We had lunch this last visit and the crab cakes were wonderful. We will return whenever we are in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluey pasta,over warmed,hardrollsFamilymanDined on 5/24/2014Ordinary food for this price range. Not worth the money. 2 of us had the lobster pasta and the pasta was gluey and the de Shelley's lobster claw had the cartilage left on and we bit into it. Pasta bolognese was ordinary. Ice tea was cooled tea with no ice. Rolls had been left in drawer so long that they were hard and barely chewable. The rolls were bland wheat and bland white. with such a wonderful Italian community in Providence it should not be hard to put out fresh baked Italian bread or other decent fresh bread. We had much better food for same price or less up on federal hill or at cappricio's. Don't go to this restaurant. Waiter was polite, but didn't seem used to serving things other than drinks, but he was nice.
- Great food, OK serviceWillHDined on 5/23/2014Very good, inventive and attractively presented food. Went here on a Friday and they had a very good live Jazz band. Service is friendly and enthusiastic but needs training. Wine list good, not "award winning" and pricey for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinammonCloudDined on 5/23/2014Great food and atmosphere, dining inside or outside. You get enough food to be satisfied. Plus, the Wait Staff is exceptional. Pick your time, make your reservations and have a terrific well cooked meal. Then, take a romantic walk and check out Providence!! Also recommended. Back soon to Aspire to hear some unbeatable free jazz on Fridays. Recommended.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We had a lovely dinner at Aspire to celebrate our son's graduation from PC. The food was delicious and the restaurant is beautiful. Everything was great except for the table size, which was too big. We were so spread out that it was hard to converse. The table was right in front of the booths, which was also a little awkward ... more for them than for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outtd2013Dined on 5/17/2014The blue salad was good, but had only a couple pieces "Blue"cheese. I had the lobster and was very good. My husband ordered the salmon med rare and came out well done to say the least. He sent back and even the second time was better but still not medium rare . They were very accomidiating and did remove from bill with desert on them. This was first time here and would try again maybe at a later point.Special Features:
- ServiceBrownDined on 5/15/201420 minute wait for a drink with 2 other people in the bar. Seat right next to the loud band-had to be moved. Chicken was unedible other food was passable. Will not return for dinner.
- Awesome eveningRomanticdiningDined on 5/15/2014We stayed at the hotel and I made reservations in advance on a night we attended a show. The mood was wonderful and romantic. We dined at 5 PM and the restaurant was basically ours for a while. The food and service was awesome. we had a wonderful time and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvenientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Very convenient to the theatre. Food was above average and reasonably priced. Service was pleasant but very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible serviceKimRDined on 5/10/2014The service was terrible. My husband and I went to Aspire for dinner before a show at PPAC. Thank goodness we were early for our reservation, because we were there for 1 1/2 hrs and almost missed the show. Not only was the service slow, but there were stupid things that just set us off. For instance, clearing away our silverware after the salad, then delivering our dinner without silverware and just walking away. I ordered a cappuccino with my desert, but my cappuccino came after I was finished with dessert, when we were trying to leave the restaurant for the show. The food was good, but I will never go there again.Special Features:
- For the first time, not satisfied,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014To be open I need to say I have been here several times and have written glowing reviews. Saturday was an exception to the norm. First the butternut soup my wife ordered was delivered cold, not just cold but solid as if it had just been taken out of the refrigerator. Our waitress served it and when my wife questioned the temperature the waitress said, "Oh yes, it supposed to be hot."My first reaction was to question how she did not know it was cold when she picked up the dish. After the food was served she did not come and ask how it was did we need anything and so on. I would have asked why my lobster, for $30.00, was only a half lobster. In my experience, lobsters come with two claws and a full tail, not one claw and half a tail.
- BelizVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a reservation before a show at PPAC. The valet parking was great. The Theatre Fixed Price Menu was tasty with enough different choices on it. My only complaint was the location of our seat near an emergency exit that people in the bar kept using to go out and smoke or talk on their phones. Every time they opened the door, the cold swept in so I couldn't take off my coat to eat.
- Truffle Fries To Die ForbiancaDined on 5/6/2014Went to Aspire before the theater. Great place to go!!! We had drinks at the bar first. The bartender was great and made a perfect cosmopolitan. In the dining room, our waitress was very attentive and the food was delicious. The truffle fries were the best I've had anywhere. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- hungrygourmetDined on 5/6/2014If you are going to PPAC, you cannot beat the deal at Aspire. Pre-show menu, free parking and a short two block walk to the theater. Food is good to very good, nice ambience and accommodating service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014very convenient pre-theater since you can leave your car with the valet.Special Features:
- Pre-Theater DinnerlaurclDined on 5/4/2014We were going to a show at the PPAC and Aspire is on their list of recommended restaurants. We ordered from their pre-fixe Theater Menu. $38 for three courses. The food was very good. All well seasoned and took advantage of seasonal availability. The waitress came out to apologize for the entrees being late and asked if we wanted to rush dessert or come back after the show. We assumed the theater menu was the way to go because they'd know how to get the timing right to get us to the show. We ended up coming back and it worked out fine, but had we not had the time after, I would have been miffed. She did apologize, but it also sounded like this may not be the first time it happened. They had a backup plan in hand.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/4/2014Nothing was right with the dinner we had last night. The restaurant is very pretty. we were seated on the bar side near a window. It took quite some time before our server came over and when she did she explained that she ws also working in the dining room on the other side of the restaurant. She took drink orders. They never came. When she returned ( after we had our salads) she told us they couldn't make the drinks we ordered. We ordered something else which took anther 15 minutes. The Caesar salad was much too garlicky. My steak, ordered rare, was medium at best. Frites were too salty. we ordered wine with our dinners, which came when we wee done. Cheesecake was so so and the crème brulee more like pudding.