Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
311 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aspireseasonalkitchen.com/
- Phone: (401) 521-3333
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week! Breakfast from 7am to 10am. Brunch from 10:30am to 2pm, Saturday and Sunday. Dinner from 4pm to 9pm on Sundays and from 5pm to 10pm Monday thru Thursday. Friday and Saturday nights we serve dinner from 5pm to 11pm. A-Bar Lounge is open 7 days a week until Midnight!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jori Rieben
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private wine room is perfect for parties, meetings or dinners for up to 50 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Room accommodates up to 50 people, Executive Boardroom for up to 14 people, two meeting rooms and the outside terrace and park for up to 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Rhonda English 4018618000x105
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday (Joe Potenza Quartet from 7:30- 11:30pm) & Saturday night (changing roster of area's best local talent from 8:30- 11:30pm)
- Special Events: Weekday Wineday- downtown's BEST after work deal! 1/2 price apps and select wine. Weekday nights from 5-7pm (offer not valid on PPAC show nights)
A word from Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen was voted the Best New Restaurant in Rhode Island, by readers of The Phoenix Magazine for 2009. Casual dining, courtyard dining, and a Private Wine Room all add to the experience. Our venue offer contemporary American food with a special emphasis on inventive preparations of ethnic Rhode Island. Aspire offers one of a kind selections of appetizers, steaks and seafood, while the A-bar, Voted the best Restaurant Lounge by the Providence Phoenix, is a beacon for lounge aficionados, boasting an irresistible bar and cocktail menu. Inviting menus complemented by a global wine list and gracious staff all contribute to the elegant, relaxing surroundings that exceed even the highest expectations. Aspire Seasonal Kitchen and A-Bar are located in the heart of downtown and offer complimentary valet parking for all diners. One block from the Providence Performing Arts Center and a quick walk to Trinity, Aspire Seasonal Kitchen is the perfect choice for Theater goers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (12)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- PPAC DinnerParksideNightOutDined on 11/19/2014Everything from atmosphere, to service, to the food was excellent! First visit and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Need a place close to Providence Performing Arts Center. Aspire more the fits the bill as a good food, short walk and with free valet parking actually a deal when you go with the prix fixe three course dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Restaurantchrissie1026Dined on 11/8/2014great food and service. Interesting meals. Gorgeous decor and perfect for a date night.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 10/18/2014Aspire is the perfect pre-theater venue! While we were dining outside, the sky turned grey and started to rain. The wait staff came running out with umbrellas to get us all inside...now THAT's service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater Night MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The theater night menu was great, i came in on a Friday night for the live music and was pleasantly surprised by the theater menu and pricing. i enjoyed the Autumn Salad and can't wait to make my own maple vinaigrette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner before the show at the PPAC. The food was great as well as the drinks. My wife enjoyed her harvest sangria. The staff was very friendly and great. I will definitely recommend this place to our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineLuv2dineDined on 10/10/2014Always a dependable noteworthy dining experience from the maitre'd's welcome to professional-friendly service to a superb dinner. I dine here often and recommend Aspire to friends who always thank me for their newly found place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparkling Cinderella Pre-showCinderellaDined on 10/10/2014First, the valet gentlemen are outstanding. I escorted my elderly mother to Cinderella at Ppac. She was Anxious to even go to the city. The gentlemen who greeted us at the curb and later retrieved our car put her At ease. Once seated we opted for sparkling water and a pomegranate martini in honor of Cinderella. A magnificent choice! Excellent! We chose the theater package for dinner. Excellent autumn salad and main courses. Thank you for a wonderful pre-show!Special Features:
- JOE ZETO OVER RATED THIS PLACEeliterulesDined on 9/27/2014Very disappointment heard a lot of heap on this being the first roof top restaurant in providence, it on a balcony and the public can't make reservation to dine there you have to have a party of 30 or more. I saw this on Joe Zito and the reason I when there was to dine on the roof with my friends. The food was just OK was over price and I would never go back there.
- Great food and service!KED83VIPDined on 9/26/2014I had the calamari app and salmon dinner. Both were really outstanding! the server was attentive without being a pest. We had a group of 6 and it was a flawless meal.Special Features:
- Not Quite As Good As SuggestedponggongDined on 9/13/2014It was very noisy, as there was a band playing in the lobby. It would not have been so bad if the singer did not sing way out of tune. Our waitress was very poor, probably not trained properly. She brought my soup but no spoon, and then disappeared for a long time. There are many restaurants in Providence -- go somewhere else!
- Great food, convenient to PPACChazDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful theater menu that is quite a value. Outside seating is great for people watching. The service is attentive and friendly with the server who knows the menu. The food is really well prepared with a very nice presentation. I would certainly suggest this restaurant to friends especially those who are attending events at PPAC, which is only a few blocks away.All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service and FoodBosDot76Dined on 8/20/2014The staff was help and attentive with every aspect of our meal from the wines to dessert. They even made sure that we made it to our concert on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Saturday Night Live MusicGoofingDined on 8/16/2014The live music is great fun but the food is just ok. Aspire menu prices tend to be a but pricey because the live music cover is priced into the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014We were staying at the Providence Hotel, too tired to go too far to find something to eat for dinner. The food was so good, we went back the next morning for breakfast.Special Features:
- Modern decor with classic foodIRWWestfieldDined on 8/2/2014Choice of eating in the dining room or the bar and as we were only 2 we chose the bar so we'd be amongst other peoiple. We sat at lovely window table and the bar made a pleasant background scene and added to the abiance. Cocktails were good and reasonably priced and the waitstaff attentive. Both appetizers and entrees were very good but we did not have dessert so cannot rate those. If the weather had been better we would have definitely eaten outside as they have a nice garden on the corner of 2 financial district streets. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraceDined on 8/2/2014There were only 3 tables with patrons seated at them but service was slow and not very attentive. Food was good and well presented but portions were small. My 'beet salad' had two small wedges of beet and the rest was made up of fruit and salad, tasty but not what I was expecting. The rest of the meal was the same, beautifully plated but just lacking something, perhaps it was the lack of diners/ambience? Strangest part of the experience was being presented the cheque attached to a small clipboard made of hardboard/cardboard, totally tacky for such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 720 reviews are from the Aspire Seasonal Kitchen reviews archive.
- TasteBudDined on 7/26/2014Had a delicious salmon dish. Dined outside with live Motown band. Nice summer night out at aspire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best alfresco dinning in ProvidenceDinningmasterVIPDined on 7/22/2014Second time taking advantage of Aspire's "Yappee" hour. Great evening all around. Our server (Taylor) was professional, and attentive (even brought the pouch a water dish). Would definitely return, and recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Akward ServicecChaceDined on 7/18/2014The food was really great, but the service was just bizarre and not very good. In their defense it was a busy night, but it definitely threw our experience off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchGrammaRaeDined on 7/18/2014My daughter and I decided to go here for lunch during Restaurant Week. We hadn't eaten downtown in a while so thought it would be a nice change. We sat outside because the day was lovely, thus the noise level and ambiance ratings. Inside would have been 5 stars. Our choice. the food was delicious but it took us 30 minutes for our first course...as the food arrived at the correct temperature this may have been a kitchen issue. Our waiter didn't check back or explain. All in all for a "quick" lunch from the set menu we were there an hour and a half. Not acceptable for lunch. Although the bus person kept our water glasses full, the waiter never asked if we would like another cocktail or something else to drink. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Service-Nothing SpecialmlwhDined on 7/16/2014Just a disclosure - we went for Restaurant Week. Pluses: Wine List=Excellent; Service=Attentive & thorough but not pushy, gave good recommendations Cons: Food was good & well-prepared but not unique; pricy for non-restaurant week; pretty much like every other high end restaurant in Providence; when you're that close to Atwells, you really need to bring it on the desserts!Special Features:
- sivolamaesivolamaeDined on 7/15/2014When we arrived we were seated in the dining area next to the bar. It was very noisy, so we requested a quieter table. The other room was much quieter. The service was attentive, the food was excellent; the quinoa rissoto was excellent, as was the salmon. The free valet parking during the show at PPAC was a bonus, and our car was ready when we got out. Altogether an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Great spot!NKatDined on 7/12/2014We had a great time having dinner at this restaurant! While some of the other restaurants in the area were too full to fit us, this one was able to accommodate a group of 6 on a Saturday night. We were very pleased that the atmosphere was peaceful indoors but we could also hear and see the band playing outside on the patio. We were able to get up and down throughout dinner to go outside and hear some music and the waiters were not annoyed with this at all. Food was delicious and unigue, appetizers were fantastic, and dessert was fun too. Definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a great dinner spot!Special Features:
- lovely outdoor brunchSteveNVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were guests at the hotel and enjoyed a Sunday brunch at Aspire. The food was very good and reasonably priced for fine dining. We sat outside next to a small park-like area near a historic church. It was very charming and a perfect summer brunch. The only problem of note was that the park benches had 3 homeless people sitting and smoking. Obviously that detracted from the view and the smoke was also disturbing. I don't know if the hotel owns the park area, but they definitely need to do something to keep that spot clean and pleasant. Hopefully this review will help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2014tables were well spaced and allowed us to enjoy our meal. They had live music which was a bit loud - we had to shout to each other at point, but the food and service was good and they were able to seat us even though they lost out OT reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.ZlatanIbrahimovicDined on 7/3/2014The drinks were over-priced for what they were. The cocktail list may have had 7 or 8 specialty cocktails, but they couldn't make the first three my date selected because they were out of some ingredients. The one she ended up with was just okay. My Manhattan was fine, but I'd rather have drinks down the street at the Dorrance. We had the pork belly, pulled pork pizza, calamari, and beet salad. The pork belly was very good, but the portions seemed small even for a small plate. The other dishes didn't wow us, but they were certainly tasty enough to take home. Despite hearing of poor service, the serving staff was very attentive and accommodating. The patio is beautiful. We were there on a slow Thursday night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Great decor and service! Food was excellent but limited menu. Very quiet atmosphere with few other diners....recommend going later in the evening if you want some activity/others dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow servingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Great downtown setting in a park. Was there for breakfast 2 mornings during the past week. Everyone in my party liked the food - well prepared, eye appealing plating. Wait staff was friendly. The big problem for my two visits was the slowness for getting the food after the order and getting the bill paid. Good place for a leisurely breakfast.Special Features:
- Such slow service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014We had such slow service and the food was subpar. I really enjoyed my meal (roasted chicken) but the three other patrons I was with were extremely dissatisfied with the lack of quality of theirs (a flimsy caprese salad with chicken, overcooked burger, and average club). It was a whole *hour* before our waiter came over to ask if we wanted another drink (and that was primarily because I waved him over after noticing him not even looking his way at our table).
- Great Outdoor DiningKeithBDined on 6/20/2014Food was Great, Jazz Band was a nice added touch to the Beautiful Xcenic Outdoor Dining, Friendly Crowd in Park like setting with great view of sky & stars make this a worth traveling into the downtown area for dinner or even just for drinks Al-fresco. Confusion on our Server & Service was a bit concerning but in the end I would reccommend it as well as return to for another tryout. Tip - Avoid Busy PPAC & DDC event nights as nearby parking can be at a Premium.Special Features:
- Good food, ambiance, lousy serviceVictoriaVIPDined on 6/15/2014What Aspire has going for it is its outdoor seating, at least in nice weather. If it were not for that, my spouse and I would not return, even though the food was very good. The service was all around terrible, from the person who was supposed to be at the podium waiting to seat guests (she was wandering around, and was also very unprofessionally dressed), to the maitre d' (I believe) who wandered around as well but was inattentive. The server was nice but very harried. She forget to bring one of the items we ordered, took forever to bring us our check and then to pick it back up. No one was checking to see if we needed more water. But: it was lovely to sit outside on a beautiful spring day, eating food that was quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Had a reservation for 8 at 8pm. Upon arrival was given the choice of dining inside or out, and table was immediately prepared. Food was very good, wait staff was excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE !!!LuvaNurseDined on 5/30/2014Made reservations for dinner before going to a show at the PPAC. From the moment of arrival and meeting the Valet - they were very personable. We were 30 minutes late for our reservations and still welcomed with a great big smile and a "no need to apologize - we are glad you made it and your safe". the food was fabulous and the service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not top 10 in RIMiaGDined on 5/29/2014Adherent to (part of) hotel providence but is much better than typical hotel resterraunt. There with party of five. Service was very good and attentive (definitely above average). They moved our table because of noise from bar (band playing) to other end of resteraunt. Most of food was local and was fresh and tasted very good. We had bollegnaise; steak; scallops and gnocchi. Everyone like their food but none raved about it. Among the many excellent resteraunts in providence this is definitely in top 25 but not in top 10. Price was high but not outrageous. Definilty worth a revisit. The outdoor patio is beautiful and bar also looks like worth a few visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Providence FavoritejimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 5/28/2014Aspire has always been a favorite of ours. Even though we no longer live in Rhode Island, we usually always stop by Aspire for a meal. The restaurant and bar space are very nice and comfortable. We had lunch this last visit and the crab cakes were wonderful. We will return whenever we are in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluey pasta,over warmed,hardrollsFamilymanDined on 5/24/2014Ordinary food for this price range. Not worth the money. 2 of us had the lobster pasta and the pasta was gluey and the de Shelley's lobster claw had the cartilage left on and we bit into it. Pasta bolognese was ordinary. Ice tea was cooled tea with no ice. Rolls had been left in drawer so long that they were hard and barely chewable. The rolls were bland wheat and bland white. with such a wonderful Italian community in Providence it should not be hard to put out fresh baked Italian bread or other decent fresh bread. We had much better food for same price or less up on federal hill or at cappricio's. Don't go to this restaurant. Waiter was polite, but didn't seem used to serving things other than drinks, but he was nice.
- Great food, OK serviceWillHDined on 5/23/2014Very good, inventive and attractively presented food. Went here on a Friday and they had a very good live Jazz band. Service is friendly and enthusiastic but needs training. Wine list good, not "award winning" and pricey for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinammonCloudDined on 5/23/2014Great food and atmosphere, dining inside or outside. You get enough food to be satisfied. Plus, the Wait Staff is exceptional. Pick your time, make your reservations and have a terrific well cooked meal. Then, take a romantic walk and check out Providence!! Also recommended. Back soon to Aspire to hear some unbeatable free jazz on Fridays. Recommended.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We had a lovely dinner at Aspire to celebrate our son's graduation from PC. The food was delicious and the restaurant is beautiful. Everything was great except for the table size, which was too big. We were so spread out that it was hard to converse. The table was right in front of the booths, which was also a little awkward ... more for them than for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.