157 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aspensocialnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122217200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 10:45am, Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm, Dinner: Daily: 4:30-11pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Santiago Carranza
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Aspen Social
Aspen Social features an extensive list of premium tequilas complemented by artisanal cocktails and comfort food with a Colorado flair, all served as small plates perfect for sharing with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aspen Social reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- finephotogalVIPDined on 9/3/2014It was near the theatre we were going to, so we tried it. It was fine. Limited menu and limited wine by the glass.
- Takes "Brunch Club" to new meaningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014This Saturday I took my cousins to Aspen Social for their $25 entree + all you can drink mimosas/bloodys for two hours. I was very pleased with my meal (french toast), and the mimosas were delicious. Definitely a great value for a boozy brunch. The scene was a little odd for brunch--loud music, club atmosphere, but if you're okay with that then definitely check it out! It was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPickyeaterDined on 8/21/2014We went to Aspen Social on a Thursday night at 6pm. We were celebrating a birthday and in a hurry because we were going to a 7:30 show 6 blocks away and needed to be on time. The bar had a few patrons but the restaurant was empty except for us. The staff was great! We told them that we were in a hurry and asked them to bring out the food as it was ready and they did. The drinks were $5.oo because of happy hour and the pricing was awesome for Times Square. The food was good, the drinks were good, the staff was friendly if not slightly absent and the atmosphere was great! Not sure what it is like when it's busy, but I totally recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A party in my bellyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We had tickets to a show and I wanted to find something close to the theater. We enjoyed the small plate dishes. The lobster sliders was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't measure up.ZzmoDined on 7/19/2014Read an article that recommended this restaurant. They were out of some things on the menu because they were changing over to a summer menu (in mid-July?). Our waiter tried to be as helpful as possible but the order brought to the table was wrong. The sliders were dry as well. We were the only two people in the restaurant which has an eclectic decor. I'm am sorry to have wasted a dinner opportunity here.
- Great Brunch!misskhaaseDined on 7/13/2014what a perfectly lovely brunch spot in the middle of time square!Special Features:
- Not so sure.BloodyMaryBrunchVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food was tiny and the dish did not have in it what the menu said.
- What's Left To Eat?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2014Upon arrival to A.S. the ambience was fantastic! It is a chic and beautifully appointed place. However when it comes to the food, that is another story. Not to say that the food isn't tasty but at 6:30 on a Thursday evening no restaurant should have only half of its menu available, and this is the problem! When trying to order my meal the waiter felt it convenient to tell me what was available, since practically every item I requested was "out." Eventually I was able to place an order for an appetizer and entre, with the chef providing a small bite as an "olive branch" for the limited choices. What I did have was good but none of it was what I originally wanted. And since service was also slow, I didn't have time to go elsewhere.
- Odd ChoiceBethzVIPDined on 6/23/2014So I picked this for breakfast, because I was looking for a breakfast place to meet a colleague and wanted to use OpenTable. For breakfast, it was the buffet breakfast of the hotel next door. Oops!
- Avoid breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014I had been to ASC for dinner and after-work outings, finding the ambiance nice and food interesting. I had a midtown breakfast meeting and decided to have it at ASC - big mistake. Despite OpenTable allowing me to make a reservation, the restaurant was not operational when we arrived, and they did not know about OpenTable's existence. Breakfast amounted to a standard hotel buffet of slightly warmed-over pancakes, scrambled eggs, and stale pastries. I should have been more thorough in checking the menu listing considering the restaurant is connected to a hotel. The last insult was that the crew was vacuuming and washing down the floors with bleach during our entire one-hour stay - noisy and smelly.
- Spartan with decent foodLocalVIPDined on 6/17/2014I was surprised when we arrived at the minimalist but pleasant decor with an Aspen theme (antlers on the ceiling, bleached white trees behind glass for walls, a video fireplace, plain wood tables, and a wood floor). But, the service was professional, and the food was very nice. The menu is limited so we had the Sirloin steak which is frequently very tough. Here, the sirloin dish we ordered was presented with the steak SLICED. it was seasoned and tasty. and it wasn't a challenge to eat. Unfortunately, the fries that came with it were soggy.
- Good food but service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Met up with four friends for a quick bite to eat. I recommended this place because I often go for lunch and the location is great. Although the lunch service may be a little slow, the food is delish, the ambiance unique, and usually worth it. However, I think they had one waitress for the entire room and she struggled to provide adequate service. It was a Friday night- they should have had another wait staff person working! Although the food was delish- the steak taco's are divine!- the service was not. We were there for over two and a half hours- definitely not the quick bite we were looking for.Special Features:
- Not up to parBirdManVIPDined on 6/4/2014I was expecting something much different than what I received. The food was average at best and they did not know the first thing about cocktails. How do you butcher an Old Fashioned???!!! I will not return. It was not a bad dining experience it just was not up to par. This is NYC, you have to be A+ all the time.
- Texas girl in NYCStephkelleyDined on 6/1/2014I found Aspen to be endearing due to decor and food choices. Very chic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdorableJeage13Dined on 6/1/2014Aspen social has great food in a unique atmosphere. Stand out dishes are the macaroni and cheese, steak tacos, and the lasagna is to die for. We were there with a party of four and everyone enjoyed it. Waitress was lovely. My only small negative remark is the dessert menu was quite limited. Only three items and no chocolate. We took a 15 minute walk to Serendipity III because for my party skipping dessert just will not suffice. Overall gorgeous décor, service, ambience, classic food prepared right, we will come back.Special Features:
- The following 461 reviews are from the Aspen Social reviews archive.
- Good for Pre-TheaterktwolfDined on 5/24/2014We had dinner here, prior to an evening performance on Broadway. The service was friendly and good, albeit a bit slow at times... especially considering there weren't many guests at the time, as we dined at 5:30 PM. The decor was intriguing, made to suggest a hunting lodge out west. The specialty cocktails were delicious, and the food was great. We were out in plenty of time for our show. We'd go back again, and recommend it to other theater-goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Service was poor.F00DDR1NKDined on 5/23/2014We were going to see a show so I thought this would be a cool place to stop in for dinner. For being 1 of 5 tables in the restaurant on a Friday evening I expected more of an "experience". We ordered two cocktails and the pork tostados to start. We finished the tostados (they were tasty, but very, very tough) several minutes before we received our cocktails. Our entrees arrived- good, but not great. My trout had some bones left in it...eek! Of course, our server wouldn't know because he never asked us how our food was, nor if we would care for another cocktail... and dessert, that wasn't even a thought either. The only question we were asked, "Are you finished, sir?".
- Good pre theatre dinnerMarcieVIPDined on 5/22/2014We arrived for dinner at 5:30 for a 7pm curtain and had a nice simpler all. Terrific service. Bar was very loud and everyone looked to be having fun when we left. Guacamole was very good and burgers were also prepared correctly and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014The restaurant was mostly empty yet the food took a very long time. Our service was way below par, although the food was good it took about 40 minutes just to get tortilla chips, which was our appetizer.Special Features:
- Boozy Brunch in Fab Interior!DesignerDinerVIPDined on 5/18/2014We were there for sunday brunch before a theatre matinee and the place was pretty empty-- but all there were taking advantage of the $25 brunch including all you can drink mimosa or bloody marys-- all very tasty! My burger was too well done but accompanied by a lovely salad and my husband's BLT and fries were fine. It's a handy place to know about if you're in the area and like interesting interiors!.Special Features:
- What a Find!08204girlDined on 4/30/2014Our group had theatre tickets and we looked for a place nearby for lunch. The staff was very accommodating with our changing needs (more people added to the reservation, time change). The menu had something for everyone in our group. Our server was attentive, but not overbearing. We would definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Too loud to dineFoodieDined on 4/23/2014Overall the food was just okay. The hamburgers are notable; they are thick and juicy… But, the bar scene is loud. I thought we could have an early dinner and then go off to see a play, but the bar was just too noisy for us to talk. Not memorable for food--just okay.Special Features:
- DisappointingWhatADudDined on 4/17/2014Disappointing. Slow and inattentive service. Extremely loud music.Special Features:
- jwc17Dined on 4/16/2014I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this place. I'm not sure how it is on weekends or evenings, but for lunch on a Wednesday, it was great! Our waiter was outstanding. The ambiance really takes you out of the city and makes you feel like you're in a ski lodge. A very snazzy ski lodge that is. All the seating areas are really cozy and have a fun vibe. There was three of us and we started off with a drink (drinks were good, but a tad pricey) and the guac which was really tasty. We all had lunch and enjoyed it, we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique placeTastyDined on 4/8/2014Although lunch meanu is very limited, my salmon/barley/asparagus dish was yummy - no complaints. Portion sizes are on a small side (healthy side) - you will not br bringing leftovers home as there will be none left. The bread pudding was quite good -but very small (3 bites max) - and I like my desert bigger (since I consider them once in a blue moon treats). Cool, unique decor. Bathrooms are located in the hotel lobby - that's a minus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2014Very average restaurant, nothing special in food, drink or decor.
- Great deal! Only $25 for aAnonymousDined on 3/22/2014Great deal! Only $25 for a decent entree and unlimited mimosas or bloody mary's for two hours. Lively, but not rowdy. Very cool interior. Also a lounge at night. Make reservations ahead of time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, slow serviceBostonDinerVIPDined on 3/4/2014We were staying at the hotel and gave this a try for dinner. Bartenders are cheery and helpful. We were one of the few there for dinner on a weeknight, and though the server was friendly enough our meals took forever to arrive (we waited over 45 minutes for the entrees, and the place was practically empty!) Went back the next night only for drinks - a nice atmosphere, and our drinks came readily (a bit pricey, but it's NYC). Not sure I'd go for dinner again, particularly with that kind of wait...Special Features:
- I'm from upstate New York,StephanieDined on 3/2/2014I'm from upstate New York, and we don't have restaurants like this anywhere near me. I thought everything about the aspen social club was a very unique and interesting location. I really enjoyed dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunch!Blueeyezz286Dined on 3/2/2014We went to aspen social club for brunch on Sunday 3/2 for my mothers birthday. We were a group of 4. They give you a 2 hour limit but the mimosas kept coming during that 2 hr time frame. The food was very good. Service was excellent very nice and attentive. We were also given birthday shots on the house :) I would definitely recommend ASC for brunch to Friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was cold and pretty bland.AnaLDined on 3/2/2014Food was cold and pretty bland. Nothing special. The only thing that kept us from leaving was the unlimited mimosas. They were always on top of refilling our table carafe. You can find a better deal -- with better quality food -- elswhere.
- Boozy BrunchHT1986Dined on 2/22/2014For $25 you can pick an entree and get unlimited mimosas or bloody Mary's at brunch (2 hour limit). We whiled away a good 2 hours with good food and jugs of mimosas which were very forthcoming. Food is good, not out of this world but very tasty. Wait staff polite and attentive. Would def return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDapperDudeDined on 2/15/2014Steak was amazing, cocktails were delicious and service was awesome. Plus the space is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should've gone to the Irish PubsuecDined on 2/15/2014I do not recommend this restaurant. My pomegranate cosmopolitan tasted like Robitussin. The salmon tartare clearly was not fresh--- so there was the compensation of tons of guacamole and seasoning on the fish. Then, a just Ok, completely ordinary Caesar salad, like what I can get at the grocery salad bar. I took a friend out to dinner, and I was disappointed. Even the ambience was hokey. The idea of "Aspen" does not mesh with my experience at this place. The rainbow lights and mirrored night club feel just made dinner feel hectic and weird. Plan ahead and make a reservation at a better restaurant nearby!!
- Great Ambience, food okbambamDined on 2/15/2014We went V-day weekend. the lighing wis beautiful. Reviews raved about the fondu and it was great!. My fiance ordered a burger medium rare. It was well done and very dry. I ordered the skirt stake and same think. The places was dead and our waiter was never to be found.Special Features:
- Ate early in the evening,MervynDined on 2/5/2014Ate early in the evening, place not crowded yet still took over 30 minutes for food to be served.
- Great Fondue!HeidiDined on 1/24/2014A friend and I ordered the fondue as an appetizer, it was more than enough food to fill us up, and oh so yummy!! We also got the tuna tartar which was incredible. The prices are great for the quality of food. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Don't botherCharlieVIPDined on 1/11/20145+ years ago this restaurant was in a different location and the quality was much better. Now? Don't bother. My guess is that they'll close within a year.
- Awesome theme/atmosphere!AdSmithVIPDined on 12/29/2013The decor is the best - great design, no kitch. We went on a Sunday and they ONLY had brunch, which was good. I wanted a regular menu but it was the $25 Prix Fixe or nothing, which was a disappointment. The food was quite good (I got an omelette, hard to mess that up...), however, everything else was GREAT!Special Features:
- AttentivenessSteveVIPDined on 12/24/2013We came early and restaurant was pretty quiet. Server was not very attentive. Took 5 minutes just to come by and ask for drink order. We ordered only soft drinks and it took another 5 minutes. Food came out pretty fast as was good. Took some time to get server's attention to ask for check. There were only 2 other tables in entire area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.