80 Columbus Circle at 60th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork/dining/asiate/
- Phone: 2128058881x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 7:00am - 10:30am
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 2:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Saturday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday, 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Angie Berry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Asiate's Semi-Private Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling views of Central Park and the Upper West Side. The dining area accommodates for parties of 10 to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Iwona Luksza 2128058881x
A word from Asiate
Mandarin Oriental, New York’s signature Restaurant Asiate perches above the city on the hotel’s 35th floor, showcasing panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline from 16-foot floor-to-ceiling windows. The restaurant seats 90 guests and features a private dining area that seats up to 12 guests. The sophisticated décor of the space balances the urban surroundings with a nod to the hotel’s Asian heritage with a look inspired by exotic orchid florals. A glittering wall of wine creates a chic backdrop for a memorable dining experience. Known for her diverse tastes, Wine Director Annie Turso developed collection of close to 1,000 selections which has captured Wine Spectator’s 2014 Best Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Asiate reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (123)special occasion (95)romantic (93)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (28)hot spot (17)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fantastic view, food okManuDined on 10/21/2014My husband and I spent our anniversary at the Asiate. There is a stunning view on the Manhattan skyline. I asked a table next to the window but they instead gave me a table in the middle of the room. I think the tables next to the windows - where you have the best view - are reserved for the hotel guests. The main courses were fantastic, the entree and the deserts were ok but not at the same levelSpecial Features:
- ecxelenteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Imperdible. El lugar es maravilloso. El menú de 3 pasos esta bien. Los sabores excelentes. El precio es alto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I have been there other times, always at night, the food were great as well the service. Now during lunch it was very disappointing. Menu offered is limited and far from regular.Special Features:
- Asiate always delivers!DanielVIPDined on 10/17/2014My friend and I dined here exactly a year ago. We wanted to re-experience the same setting this time. Our request for a window-side seating was fulfilled; the corner seating was event better than what we expected. Here the wine list never dissapoints, our Alter Ego Palmer was remarkable! Our main dish were both seafood, Turbot and Maine Lobster; both were very delicious. The vegetable soup was a little on the salty side; but then most restaurants in the US prepare the soup too salty anyway. The service has always been top-notch.Special Features:
- Poor service, great somellierIkiNYDined on 10/14/2014Its pity that service is very poor in this nice restaurant, view is perfect, food is ok but far away from excellent... The lady somellier is great, very good recommendations...Special Features:
- Extraordinary Romantic DineVIPTravelerDined on 10/13/2014First Time in NYC, for some reason a few years passed until I decided to go to NYC, and for a good reason, Birthday and Propossing. So when you search for Romantic Dinner, Asiate is the first one, and is very well earned. Upon arrival, I was cordially received, they had my notes on Birthday Celebration and more importantly the proposal. They quicly set us up in a table even being packed and once our real table was ready I was more than impressed, I was amazed by the view, candlelight neat table - Imagine a a view over Manhattan Central Park while you dine....It was a fantastic experience, price is fair, service was amazing...and if you wonder, yes, she said yes ;-)....Special Features:
- Great for anniversaryAsianFinoDined on 10/13/2014Chose this for our anniversary; amazing view, service. Did the Tasting menu, which was incredible. Let me swap out the fois gras for veggies - I could bathe in the poofy cheese sauce that the cauliflower came with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceVowednottoreturnVIPDined on 10/12/2014Totally unprofessional! Felt like an expensive diner. No smile from the captain or waiters. No one can explain properly the dishes. My bottle was rushly poured and no offer was made for another midway through the meal. Meal was decent but not great. A total disappointment. Will never return or recommend anyone to go.Special Features:
- Amazing Asiate!AlsAdventuresDined on 10/9/2014Wow. Firstly the hotel is stunning, and the view is absolutely the best in NY. On the edge of Central Park you will not be able to stop looking! Ask for a corner table. The food was amazing, high end quality. Not cheap, but for a special occasion worth every dollar. We were celebrating a birthday, and they thoroughly spoilt us. I cant thank the staff enough for making the day even more special!Special Features:
- Elegant and sereneOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2014This elegant and serene restaurant high above Columbus Circle is one of New York's gems. The menu is thoughtful, the preparation beautiful, the flavors delicious, and the staff perfectly gracious.Special Features:
- Food is not good. Staff was aloof.ExploringNAmDined on 10/5/2014We spent four hundred dollars. Food was not good. Staff was aloof. I don't know if the lobster was cooked or raw. We asked to be moved and never got an answer. Just a weird place.Special Features:
- Don't waste your money.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014. The views were amazing but the food was totally strange, combinations that just didn't go together. We had the Prawn starter, it was served with coconut mousse, seared pineapple and something very fragrant, it just didn't work. The Turbot that my daughter ordered was just inedible and got sent back. I had the veal dish but the jasmine tea sauce just totally overpowered everything else on the plate even the weird apple and radish accompaniment. The orange blossom Panna cotta just tasted like perfume, the orange blossom was very intense and totally overpowered everything else. Very expensive as well....$25 for a small glass of mediocre wine. Wished we had never gone to Asiate. Please don't be sold by the view.Special Features:
- ExcellentGertDined on 10/3/2014Beautiful restaursant with phantastic view over Part of upper Manhattan, very good food and good wines, outstanding service. Nothing to complain, hope to comme back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table With A ViewFraser121Dined on 10/2/2014Asiate at the Manderain Oriental is a great place to go for a treat or a special occasion. The views from the restaurant are spectacular perched high above the skyline. Food and service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food still too salty4ladieswholunchVIPDined on 10/1/2014A few years ago I found the food too salty at Asiate. It is still too salty I asked that no salt be added to my order. Nevertheless my companion (who did not ask for no salt) & I found the food much too salty. The waiter also brought us the wrong order, though it was not a busy times. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinneroregonducksDined on 9/30/2014Everything was great and I would definitely love to come back again. I proposed to my girlfriend and all of the staff gave me great advice and gave us such a wonderful time. I just want to say thank you very much and hope to see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSobe2VIPDined on 9/28/2014I come here often but tonight the service was not good at all. The waiters were slow and unfriendly. They also mixed up our orders.Special Features:
- Great brunch, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Asiate was strongly recommended by friends as the place for a great brunch, with wonderful views of Central Park and a quite romantic environment. It delivered in all aspects, even considering my high expectations for the restaurant. Congrats!Special Features:
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Came here a few nights ago for a dinner of 4. The atmosphere is very nice as expected for a 5 star hotel but the food was average and not very impressive considering the type of restaurant they are aiming for. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant as there are many more in the city for the same price with MUCH better food and service.Special Features:
- Extraordinary for taste and viewLoicciolDined on 9/24/2014Extraordinary for taste and view My second visit here and everything was perfect like usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- refreshing eleganceLoveFoodDined on 9/24/2014Outstanding views, great service and a lovely menu make this place fantastic for a mid afternoon meal. Highly recommended for business lunches that require a level of elegance without stuffiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I wish I had been able to choose a table by the window.Special Features:
- Gorgeous placeHadeelDined on 9/22/2014I went their for my anniversary it was great , romantic and delicious food .. I recommended for special occasion .. I recommend it to go with nice outfit ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felipeFekaufmannDined on 9/21/2014The food is verry simple and tasteless. I was amazed by the poor ingridients! I dont know what is happening with New York. Simple verry far from Mandarin Oriental stardard. Overpriced Brunch. Cellar outstanding but prices high.Special Features:
- Expectations MetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I decided to make a reservation after reading this Yahoo! article (https://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/10-dreamy-dining-destinations.html). I booked it for my Wife's first Birthday as a married couple. We decided on the Tasting Menu and were completely blown away at the quality of the food, the presentation of the plates and quality of the service. It's expensive on a middle class budget but if you're looking for a romantic, fine dining experience, I highly recommend Asiate.Special Features:
- Excellent overall!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Apart from the exceptional and breath taking view of Central Park, having a delightful dinner in such a great restaurant is a must do for all wishing to have that extra edge on organizing a romantic diner... well worth at least one Michelin star!Special Features:
- Top of the worldRockyroadVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food and service with amazing vies of central park and the new york skyline. What more could you ask for ? Hard to beat this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view not enoughBrettVIPDined on 9/14/2014The view is incredible but the service was lifeless and the food was just good, not great, for this high level. There were no memorable small touches, it lacked soul.Special Features:
- Extremely DissapointedCityBound123Dined on 9/13/2014Had the tasting menus and from the opening dish the food and service was poor. Sashimi scallop, Ahi, and red snapper were all foul tasting. Next dishes were chewey and lacked flavor. Service spent no time with you to explain your dishes or wine pairing and were too quick to drop a plate on your table and run. My wifes stomach was upset all the following day. I called to speak to the manager or head chef to formalize my complaint the next day and have yet to receive a call back. For the money they are attempting to charge for the tasting and pairing menus, your time and dollar would be better spent elsewhere.Special Features:
- OverpricedAaaFraDined on 9/12/2014Our dinner was not worth 95 dollar each. This place survives only for the view from the window but not for the foodSpecial Features:
- Great location and foodguestfromgermanyDined on 9/11/2014This restraurant has a great view on the central park. The food is outstanding!Special Features:
- Amazing eggs and amazing viewplguedesDined on 9/9/2014We had breakfast and asked for a window table. It was a very nice view of the west side of Manhattan and our food was absolutely flawless. We had eggs Benedict and an All-American breakfast with bacon. Coffe was good and service was impeccable. Both food, service and ambiance fit the price: about $40 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist TrapCdelicVIPDined on 9/6/2014Pretentious , unimaginative , overpriced , are some of the adjectives that come to mind, an embarassment for our guests from out of townSpecial Features:
- Not a good cost vs. benefit.DBP1Dined on 9/5/2014Trendy hotel restaurant; appropriate for wealthy tourists.Special Features:
- Great start to romantic date nightSingNYCDined on 9/5/2014My date and I started out in a little cozy side table at the bar and enjoyed cocktails. The drinks were creative and delicious. We then moved to the main lounge area and sat in some comfy seats with a great view of the skyline. We ordered another round of cocktails, and munched on wasabi peas for a bit. For dinner we were seated with a magnificent view. We opted for the 7 course prix fix allowing us a relaxed dining experience. The food was perfect, artistically presented. Every single detail of the experience had been considered by Asiate including the way the ambiance evolved as the sun went down. The service was superb. This is the perfect way to start a romantic night with that special someone. Truly enjoyable and unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantGeorgeLucasDined on 9/2/2014But the food, not so much. The prefixe menu leaves a lot to be desired for such an amazing looking restaurant. Service was great. Should change up the menu.Special Features:
- On a clear dayRichmonderDined on 9/2/2014You can see Central Park and all. Ask for a window table and you will be rewarded with a great view of the Columbus Circle and Central Park South. Food and service are excellent, and a two level dining room provides an intimate atmosphere for a quiet conversation. The food is presented beautifully. My branzino was not over cooked but had crispy skin. Squid ink risotto was not over cooked either. Wagyu and pork my guests had rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome viewFiveStarQuestDined on 8/30/2014This is a spot to remember. The view was well worth the trip. Food is gourmet, and very good.Special Features:
- A beautiful experienceAnsh90Dined on 8/29/2014I came to NYC on labour day weekend, and reserved this restaurant for my anniversary. And can I say the atmosphere of the restaurant was remarkable. It had beautiful scenery of New York skyline. If your looking for a nice dine for a romantic night this is the place. The food was amazing from the first course to dessert the quality was at it's finest. The staff were very friendly and helpful, very easy to talk to and they helped us with what to decide for the food because the menu looked so delicious and it's hard to make up your mind. Overall a perfect place to take someone special or for a small groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingdebateritaVIPDined on 8/27/2014I am vegan. The on-line menu looked as though I could be accommodated. We noted in the reservation that I was vegan. The lunch menu was a pick one app and one entree -$48. I was told that there was nothing the chef was willing to do for an entree, and that I could select the two salads from the app menu. The heirloom tomato salad consisted of 2 cherry tomato size tomatoes and some watermelon. The second salad had half a dozen pieces of small lettuce, 5 or 6 slices of a raw, undressed small zucchini, and one more cold cherry tomato. The lack of effort to accommodate me, despite 24 hours notice demonstrated laziness and a complete lack of concern. I expected better from a place that looked this good and had such a nice menu on line.Special Features: