80 Columbus Circle at 60th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork/dining/asiate/
- Phone: 2128058881x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 7:00am - 10:30am
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 2:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Saturday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday, 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Angie Berry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Asiate's Semi-Private Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling views of Central Park and the Upper West Side. The dining area accommodates for parties of 10 to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Iwona Luksza 2128058881x
A word from Asiate
Mandarin Oriental, New York’s signature Restaurant Asiate perches above the city on the hotel’s 35th floor, showcasing panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline from 16-foot floor-to-ceiling windows. The restaurant seats 90 guests and features a private dining area that seats up to 12 guests. The sophisticated décor of the space balances the urban surroundings with a nod to the hotel’s Asian heritage with a look inspired by exotic orchid florals. A glittering wall of wine creates a chic backdrop for a memorable dining experience. Known for her diverse tastes, Wine Director Annie Turso developed collection of close to 1,000 selections which has captured Wine Spectator’s 2014 Best Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Asiate reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (134)special occasion (110)romantic (102)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (54)great for lunch (42)great for brunch (40)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (11)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Expectations MetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I decided to make a reservation after reading this Yahoo! article (https://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/10-dreamy-dining-destinations.html). I booked it for my Wife's first Birthday as a married couple. We decided on the Tasting Menu and were completely blown away at the quality of the food, the presentation of the plates and quality of the service. It's expensive on a middle class budget but if you're looking for a romantic, fine dining experience, I highly recommend Asiate.Special Features:
- Excellent overall!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Apart from the exceptional and breath taking view of Central Park, having a delightful dinner in such a great restaurant is a must do for all wishing to have that extra edge on organizing a romantic diner... well worth at least one Michelin star!Special Features:
- Top of the worldRockyroadVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food and service with amazing vies of central park and the new york skyline. What more could you ask for ? Hard to beat this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view not enoughBrettVIPDined on 9/14/2014The view is incredible but the service was lifeless and the food was just good, not great, for this high level. There were no memorable small touches, it lacked soul.Special Features:
- Extremely DissapointedCityBound123Dined on 9/13/2014Had the tasting menus and from the opening dish the food and service was poor. Sashimi scallop, Ahi, and red snapper were all foul tasting. Next dishes were chewey and lacked flavor. Service spent no time with you to explain your dishes or wine pairing and were too quick to drop a plate on your table and run. My wifes stomach was upset all the following day. I called to speak to the manager or head chef to formalize my complaint the next day and have yet to receive a call back. For the money they are attempting to charge for the tasting and pairing menus, your time and dollar would be better spent elsewhere.Special Features:
- OverpricedAaaFraDined on 9/12/2014Our dinner was not worth 95 dollar each. This place survives only for the view from the window but not for the foodSpecial Features:
- Great location and foodguestfromgermanyDined on 9/11/2014This restraurant has a great view on the central park. The food is outstanding!Special Features:
- Amazing eggs and amazing viewplguedesDined on 9/9/2014We had breakfast and asked for a window table. It was a very nice view of the west side of Manhattan and our food was absolutely flawless. We had eggs Benedict and an All-American breakfast with bacon. Coffe was good and service was impeccable. Both food, service and ambiance fit the price: about $40 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist TrapCdelicVIPDined on 9/6/2014Pretentious , unimaginative , overpriced , are some of the adjectives that come to mind, an embarassment for our guests from out of townSpecial Features:
- Not a good cost vs. benefit.DBP1Dined on 9/5/2014Trendy hotel restaurant; appropriate for wealthy tourists.Special Features:
- Great start to romantic date nightSingNYCDined on 9/5/2014My date and I started out in a little cozy side table at the bar and enjoyed cocktails. The drinks were creative and delicious. We then moved to the main lounge area and sat in some comfy seats with a great view of the skyline. We ordered another round of cocktails, and munched on wasabi peas for a bit. For dinner we were seated with a magnificent view. We opted for the 7 course prix fix allowing us a relaxed dining experience. The food was perfect, artistically presented. Every single detail of the experience had been considered by Asiate including the way the ambiance evolved as the sun went down. The service was superb. This is the perfect way to start a romantic night with that special someone. Truly enjoyable and unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a clear dayRichmonderDined on 9/2/2014You can see Central Park and all. Ask for a window table and you will be rewarded with a great view of the Columbus Circle and Central Park South. Food and service are excellent, and a two level dining room provides an intimate atmosphere for a quiet conversation. The food is presented beautifully. My branzino was not over cooked but had crispy skin. Squid ink risotto was not over cooked either. Wagyu and pork my guests had rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome viewFiveStarQuestDined on 8/30/2014This is a spot to remember. The view was well worth the trip. Food is gourmet, and very good.Special Features:
- A beautiful experienceAnsh90Dined on 8/29/2014I came to NYC on labour day weekend, and reserved this restaurant for my anniversary. And can I say the atmosphere of the restaurant was remarkable. It had beautiful scenery of New York skyline. If your looking for a nice dine for a romantic night this is the place. The food was amazing from the first course to dessert the quality was at it's finest. The staff were very friendly and helpful, very easy to talk to and they helped us with what to decide for the food because the menu looked so delicious and it's hard to make up your mind. Overall a perfect place to take someone special or for a small groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingdebateritaVIPDined on 8/27/2014I am vegan. The on-line menu looked as though I could be accommodated. We noted in the reservation that I was vegan. The lunch menu was a pick one app and one entree -$48. I was told that there was nothing the chef was willing to do for an entree, and that I could select the two salads from the app menu. The heirloom tomato salad consisted of 2 cherry tomato size tomatoes and some watermelon. The second salad had half a dozen pieces of small lettuce, 5 or 6 slices of a raw, undressed small zucchini, and one more cold cherry tomato. The lack of effort to accommodate me, despite 24 hours notice demonstrated laziness and a complete lack of concern. I expected better from a place that looked this good and had such a nice menu on line.Special Features:
- High above Central ParkWallasweetVIPDined on 8/26/2014Lovely ambiance high above Central Park. Prix Fixe menu offers a 3 or 5 course meal. Worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRaphaelDined on 8/24/2014Awesome view from the 35th floor of the Mandarin Oriental. Excellent cocktails and meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetiteDined on 8/23/2014Thank You very much. We come back when we stay in NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular EveningMangiaManDined on 8/23/2014We chose this spot to celebrate my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary -- mainly because of the view. The view was stunning, but so was the food! Innovative and delicious.Special Features:
- awesome foodMrBubblesDined on 8/14/2014We did the 7 course tasting plate with matching wines. just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- renovvationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014decor upgraded and most comfortable As usual, well worth a detourSpecial Features:
- lunch at a pretty pennyedgeVIPDined on 8/11/2014The night before I went the menu was for $29 prix fixe and is a decent deal given its location, quality, ambiance, and service. There are other 5 star restaurants that offer similar prix fixe menus (JG restos in the area), but not 35th floor overlooking CP and the city. I was looking forward to it and brought my friend there whom was visiting from overseas. When I sat down the waiter said we have recently switched to a new $49 2 course menu,etc. $20 more is a lot but I already sat down and told myself it's okay to splurge once in a while. There was complimentary bread, amuse bouche, your pick of 2 courses and petit fours. The quality, flavors, and portion were on spot and thankfully felt the price hike was justified. Really for special daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding PlacePortoandjimmyDined on 8/11/2014We went to Asiate to have breakfast and little did we know, despite all the reviews we had read prior to that, about how amazing the view and the service are! Highly recommended indeed. We will certainly go back to have dinner some time.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, bad brunchSundaybruncherDined on 7/13/2014I went here for Sunday brunch to celebrate my engagement. The view was wonderful however the food was mediocre and the service not what you would expect for high end restaraunt. Unfortunately my fiancée and I both left unimpressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meal of my life !DanGallagherDined on 7/11/2014It was a surprise getaway for my wife and I, and i choose Asiate for the fantastic view. The view was great, we even had fireworks in Central Park during our meal, but ... WOW ... the food was out of this world. One of the best meal of my life and they even had the wine where we went on honeymoon twenty some years ago. Fantastic night ! It's our new NewYork spot now.Special Features:
- Loved AsiateD1C2L3VIPDined on 7/11/2014Our friends recommended Asiate to us so we met a friend from CT on our last night in NY. The view is just magnificent overlooking Central Park and Manhattan skyline, but Asiate does not coast on the view. Everything we tried was just excellent, and they have a very good wine list. I had the halibut, our friend the lamb and my wife the beef. The food was coked to perfection with creative sauces and presentation. We rarely eat dessert but we tried the chocolate souffle and flourless cake - both to die for. Our waiter was super helpful and provided the perfect balance between being attentive but not overly so. We were never rushed and enjoyed our cocktails before dinner and each course in its time. We will definitely go back our next NY trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a view !AnaRDined on 7/11/2014With sweeping views of Cenfral Park and the city this 35th floor restaurant lived up to its repute for us. My friends visitng from Sydney and I were all charmed by the food and with and the fantastic views Asiate offered. The 2 course lunch menu was what we opted for. Both courses and the complimentary palate cleanser served before the meal were beautiful and impressive with their elegant presentations. The soft poached eggs , chilled heirloom tomato soup, scallops, Chatham cod and the Long Island duck were cooked to perfection. It was a truly gastronomical experience in every way! The attentive and cordial service must be mentioned as well. Plan to be back for dinner and brunch.Special Features:
- ClemensClemensDined on 7/10/2014When you walk in you have the idea you have arrived at the nr one restaurant in NY. Great view. Once they place you at a table you have to beware of the very cold airco which might be blowing on you. Then you meet the staff that bring ou a menu with either a 3 course select dinner or a 7 course one. No a real la carte menu. The taste? Nothing to talk about. Nothing that you will remember. The staff is dressed like they know what they do; they dont! They forgot about 5 things during our dinner and could all have been students ready for failure. What a bummer! Then the check comes. We love to dine at the best and realise we spend more by doing so. Here it is more then a lot; and why? You might have had the luck to sit at a window table.Special Features:
- A fabulous findflowergirlDined on 7/10/2014Our dining experience at Asiate was absolutley perfect - from the spectacular views to the perfectly portioned and delicious dishes. We had the prix fix and while it is expensive - every course was memorable. The service was extraordinary. I am looking forward to returning for the next special occasion,although the experience itself can make any evening a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So underwhelmingPasquiDined on 7/6/2014When booking, I wasn'aware that it was part of the Mandarin hotel. My daughter and I were not specially evening dressed, and we got some stange looks from the staff. Not even seated we were handed out the menus, and not even able to hold the wine card. Menu is a fix menu with good choice. In less than an hour meal was finished. Service was a real shame. Unfriendly and. Unprofessional for that kind of restaurant. In my desert, it was good,they even used tin fruits! Not worth the bucks.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerEllaDined on 7/4/2014Great food and impecable service. However, be specific on reservations that you want a table with a view. I recommend calling a few days before and verifying. We were specific on reservation but were not granted the table we specified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good breakfast with fantastic viewmarcoDined on 7/4/2014we made a reservation a couple of week before in internet. the day we arrive the service was excellent as the table we got. with a faboulos wiew over manhattan and central park. the food was really good. the final cost is expensive but it worth the money we spent.Special Features:
- Always superbLellyDined on 7/1/2014Asiate never disappoints. Service, wine, food, view, ambience always perfect. I never tire of the sheer luxury of the whole evening. My last dinner there lasted 6 hours .... a first for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewNYCTripDined on 6/30/2014Great service, great food - would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014This elegant restaurant is the best one I have been to in NYC! The service is excellent, the atmosphere unique and the view breathtaking. Thank you for these hours of happiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestFoodhunterVIPDined on 6/26/2014It is incredible that Asiate does not have any Michelin star. Food is amazing, the place is really gorgeous and service is nice. One of the top restaurants in NY still indeed.Special Features:
- Best choice at central park area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Excellent place, location and amazing view to cenntral park while you have an extraordinary food with and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Must DoOut4DinnerVIPDined on 6/26/2014The prix-fixe lunch at Asiate is a "a New York City must do" for those of us who live here. The view is spectacular and the food is delicious. The restaurant also has a white and a red wine to accompany the lunch at a very reasonable $9/glass. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2014Fabulous views, obviously, but the food and service also excel. Always a hit with out-of-towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeanacarpediemDined on 6/25/2014We had a perfect breakfast, with incredible views to Central Park. Everything was fantastic. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.