80 Columbus Circle at 60th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork/dining/asiate/
- Phone: 2128058881x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 7:00am - 10:30am
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 2:00pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 2:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Saturday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday, 6:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Angie Berry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Asiate's Semi-Private Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling views of Central Park and the Upper West Side. The dining area accommodates for parties of 10 to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Iwona Luksza 2128058881x
A word from Asiate
Mandarin Oriental, New York’s signature Restaurant Asiate perches above the city on the hotel’s 35th floor, showcasing panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline from 16-foot floor-to-ceiling windows. The restaurant seats 90 guests and features a private dining area that seats up to 12 guests. The sophisticated décor of the space balances the urban surroundings with a nod to the hotel’s Asian heritage with a look inspired by exotic orchid florals. A glittering wall of wine creates a chic backdrop for a memorable dining experience. Known for her diverse tastes, Wine Director Annie Turso developed collection of close to 1,000 selections which has captured Wine Spectator’s 2014 Best Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Asiate reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (155)special occasion (125)romantic (119)notable wine list (71)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (49)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (15)good for groups (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/27/2014I am vegan. The on-line menu looked as though I could be accommodated. We noted in the reservation that I was vegan. The lunch menu was a pick one app and one entree -$48. I was told that there was nothing the chef was willing to do for an entree, and that I could select the two salads from the app menu. The heirloom tomato salad consisted of 2 cherry tomato size tomatoes and some watermelon. The second salad had half a dozen pieces of small lettuce, 5 or 6 slices of a raw, undressed small zucchini, and one more cold cherry tomato. The lack of effort to accommodate me, despite 24 hours notice demonstrated laziness and a complete lack of concern. I expected better from a place that looked this good and had such a nice menu on line.Special Features:
- High above Central ParkWallasweetVIPDined on 8/26/2014Lovely ambiance high above Central Park. Prix Fixe menu offers a 3 or 5 course meal. Worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Awesome view from the 35th floor of the Mandarin Oriental. Excellent cocktails and meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetiteDined on 8/23/2014Thank You very much. We come back when we stay in NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular EveningMangiaManDined on 8/23/2014We chose this spot to celebrate my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary -- mainly because of the view. The view was stunning, but so was the food! Innovative and delicious.Special Features:
- awesome foodMrBubblesDined on 8/14/2014We did the 7 course tasting plate with matching wines. just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- renovvationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014decor upgraded and most comfortable As usual, well worth a detourSpecial Features:
- Outstanding PlacePortoandjimmyDined on 8/11/2014We went to Asiate to have breakfast and little did we know, despite all the reviews we had read prior to that, about how amazing the view and the service are! Highly recommended indeed. We will certainly go back to have dinner some time.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, bad brunchSundaybruncherDined on 7/13/2014I went here for Sunday brunch to celebrate my engagement. The view was wonderful however the food was mediocre and the service not what you would expect for high end restaraunt. Unfortunately my fiancée and I both left unimpressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meal of my life !DanGallagherDined on 7/11/2014It was a surprise getaway for my wife and I, and i choose Asiate for the fantastic view. The view was great, we even had fireworks in Central Park during our meal, but ... WOW ... the food was out of this world. One of the best meal of my life and they even had the wine where we went on honeymoon twenty some years ago. Fantastic night ! It's our new NewYork spot now.Special Features:
- Loved AsiateD1C2L3VIPDined on 7/11/2014Our friends recommended Asiate to us so we met a friend from CT on our last night in NY. The view is just magnificent overlooking Central Park and Manhattan skyline, but Asiate does not coast on the view. Everything we tried was just excellent, and they have a very good wine list. I had the halibut, our friend the lamb and my wife the beef. The food was coked to perfection with creative sauces and presentation. We rarely eat dessert but we tried the chocolate souffle and flourless cake - both to die for. Our waiter was super helpful and provided the perfect balance between being attentive but not overly so. We were never rushed and enjoyed our cocktails before dinner and each course in its time. We will definitely go back our next NY trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a view !AnaRDined on 7/11/2014With sweeping views of Cenfral Park and the city this 35th floor restaurant lived up to its repute for us. My friends visitng from Sydney and I were all charmed by the food and with and the fantastic views Asiate offered. The 2 course lunch menu was what we opted for. Both courses and the complimentary palate cleanser served before the meal were beautiful and impressive with their elegant presentations. The soft poached eggs , chilled heirloom tomato soup, scallops, Chatham cod and the Long Island duck were cooked to perfection. It was a truly gastronomical experience in every way! The attentive and cordial service must be mentioned as well. Plan to be back for dinner and brunch.Special Features:
- ClemensClemensDined on 7/10/2014When you walk in you have the idea you have arrived at the nr one restaurant in NY. Great view. Once they place you at a table you have to beware of the very cold airco which might be blowing on you. Then you meet the staff that bring ou a menu with either a 3 course select dinner or a 7 course one. No a real la carte menu. The taste? Nothing to talk about. Nothing that you will remember. The staff is dressed like they know what they do; they dont! They forgot about 5 things during our dinner and could all have been students ready for failure. What a bummer! Then the check comes. We love to dine at the best and realise we spend more by doing so. Here it is more then a lot; and why? You might have had the luck to sit at a window table.Special Features:
- A fabulous findflowergirlDined on 7/10/2014Our dining experience at Asiate was absolutley perfect - from the spectacular views to the perfectly portioned and delicious dishes. We had the prix fix and while it is expensive - every course was memorable. The service was extraordinary. I am looking forward to returning for the next special occasion,although the experience itself can make any evening a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So underwhelmingPasquiDined on 7/6/2014When booking, I wasn'aware that it was part of the Mandarin hotel. My daughter and I were not specially evening dressed, and we got some stange looks from the staff. Not even seated we were handed out the menus, and not even able to hold the wine card. Menu is a fix menu with good choice. In less than an hour meal was finished. Service was a real shame. Unfriendly and. Unprofessional for that kind of restaurant. In my desert, it was good,they even used tin fruits! Not worth the bucks.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerEllaDined on 7/4/2014Great food and impecable service. However, be specific on reservations that you want a table with a view. I recommend calling a few days before and verifying. We were specific on reservation but were not granted the table we specified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good breakfast with fantastic viewmarcoDined on 7/4/2014we made a reservation a couple of week before in internet. the day we arrive the service was excellent as the table we got. with a faboulos wiew over manhattan and central park. the food was really good. the final cost is expensive but it worth the money we spent.Special Features:
- Always superbLellyDined on 7/1/2014Asiate never disappoints. Service, wine, food, view, ambience always perfect. I never tire of the sheer luxury of the whole evening. My last dinner there lasted 6 hours .... a first for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewNYCTripDined on 6/30/2014Great service, great food - would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014This elegant restaurant is the best one I have been to in NYC! The service is excellent, the atmosphere unique and the view breathtaking. Thank you for these hours of happiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestFoodhunterVIPDined on 6/26/2014It is incredible that Asiate does not have any Michelin star. Food is amazing, the place is really gorgeous and service is nice. One of the top restaurants in NY still indeed.Special Features:
- Best choice at central park area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Excellent place, location and amazing view to cenntral park while you have an extraordinary food with and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Must DoOut4DinnerVIPDined on 6/26/2014The prix-fixe lunch at Asiate is a "a New York City must do" for those of us who live here. The view is spectacular and the food is delicious. The restaurant also has a white and a red wine to accompany the lunch at a very reasonable $9/glass. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2014Fabulous views, obviously, but the food and service also excel. Always a hit with out-of-towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeanacarpediemDined on 6/25/2014We had a perfect breakfast, with incredible views to Central Park. Everything was fantastic. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my favorite restaurant!PickyPalateDined on 6/24/2014Fantastic prix-fixe bargain at lunch with fantastic views. Beautiful, bright, quiet, elegant. Delicious food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top serviceBennettDined on 6/22/2014Just wanted to make a quick comment regarding the service at Asaite. My fiancee and I were given a priceless experience. For one, our server kept us abreast of the U.SA. v Portugal World Cup match, priceless. Second, we were treated to a complimentary chocolate covered strawberries. Lastly, my fiancee had forgot her phone in the bathroom after we left so, we had to turn back around and come back to the Asiate and they went above and beyond to secure lost phone. Would like to personally commend the entire Asiate staff and (person we returned lost phone) for their above and beyond 5 star service. Oh yeah, the food was absolutely exquisite.Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencecouldntthinkofoneDined on 6/22/2014I took my wife to Asiate for her birthday and could not be more satisfied with the experience. The food was great, the service was outstanding, and the restaurant itself was beautiful. I definitely recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- out of this world food experienceBritinNYDined on 6/21/2014Excellent wine waiter who was incredibly enthusiastic and helpful. Food was amazing - completely unexpected food combinations that really worked. A truly special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement celebrationernokkiDined on 6/21/2014I went to Asiate to celebrate our engagement with my fiancee. Food was great, service exquisite and views breath-taking. Great experience overall!Special Features:
- Pushing for the pre prixNYCLocalDined on 6/19/2014It was a mistake to come here for a romantic dinner. We were given the pre prix menu as soon as we were seated. We asked for the ala carte menu and our server went on an almost embarrassing persistent debate with us on much more economical it is to go with the pre prix. We explained over and over that we were interested in trying almost the entire first course list but we're not enticed by the second course or the dessert. The waiter kept warning us the main courses will go up the price of $60+ each if we order ALS carte. This was so embarrassing for me and my date who was celebrating his birthday. Asiate charged us 2 full pre-pix dinners even though we didn't go for the pre-prix and charged us the additional first courses.
- Love this restaurant!ElaineVIPDined on 6/19/2014I've always had wonderful dining experiences at Asiate, and this time was no different. Their lunch Prix Fixe is a steal, but we ordered a la carte. Two of us ordered appetizers, and the third in our party was given a complimentary cup of the soup of the day. What a sweet gesture, so that she wouldn't have to just watch us eat. We all had the Wagyu beef which melted in our mouths. Desserts were artfully presented as well as delicious. And did I mention the view from the 35th floor? Asiate is my go-to restaurant for special lunches with friends, and every one of them had been very impressed by the food and service.Special Features:
- CE49VIPDined on 6/17/2014Asiate is a great restaurant. Beautiful view, outstanding food and service. A return for us on August 29. Definitely a great in New York City dining experience. Add this your list of favorites in New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningdiva1VIPDined on 6/16/2014The waiter took the order wrong twice. the first course came out wrong twice. He then made me feel terrible and never apologized. I wanted to leave but the manager took over and salvaged the meal, though the delay made us 15 minutes late for the show we were seeing. the food was interesting though not all flavors and cooking methods worked with the ingredients.Special Features:
- Very good, though...OSCARDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed our brunch! It was very tasty and great service, however the prices were way too expensive compared...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pitch Perfect Father's Day BrunchCulinarymorningDined on 6/15/2014Beautiful view and amazing food. More vegan options would have made this experience top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014My boyfriend and I, we celebrate for our birthday. The food was excellent and being 37 floor, it had amazing view of NYC. It's was very romantic. I would differently go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Side RoomzeeayeDined on 6/14/2014We were seated in the side room, which killed the vibe. It was just a lesser view when you are dropping a lot of money for the view.Special Features:
- Love this place, but not the boothhappymommyDined on 6/14/2014I have been at Asiate for special occasions because I love the food, service and most of all its view over the park. I made a reservation because I have family in law visiting us telling them it has a beautiful view over the park. However when we enter the restaurant for Saturday brunch we were led to a booth by the wall! I guess the booth seats have more space so it was a better choice for us with a baby, but that seat does not allow any outside view. So, I was a bit disappointed at this time and felt embarrassed for my guests. So my advice would be if you are bringing guests or going there for the scenic view, make sure that you request it when you make reservation. Other than that, I love this place!Special Features:
- FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Service good; food rather bland and expensive; not good value for money